Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Major League Soccer

Read 106272 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Re: Major League Soccer
      Reply #368: Oct 26, 2017 06:44:31 pm
      The Chicago Fire make the playoffs for the first time since 2012. I am a happy Fire fan.

ouch,i guess ya not so happy  today.Only 12,000 at the game that's not good either for a play-off.Vancouver battered San jose 5-0 in the other game.Today is Atlanta at home to Austin/Columbus and Houston v Kansas city.As the play-offs now drag on till the first week of december.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #369: Oct 27, 2017 01:13:30 am

ouch,i guess ya not so happy  today.Only 12,000 at the game that's not good either for a play-off.Vancouver battered San jose 5-0 in the other game.Today is Atlanta at home to Austin/Columbus and Houston v Kansas city.As the play-offs now drag on till the first week of december.

You are correct, I am not happy today. I am not sure how I feel about the season including playoffs going into December.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #370: Oct 27, 2017 01:44:41 am
      You are correct, I am not happy today. I am not sure how I feel about the season including playoffs going into December.

Just watching the Atlanta/Columbus here on Sky, showed goals from the Chicago/NY Red Bulls game. Obviously can't judge from goals but didn't look a good performance from Chicago. Thought the fourth from New York was a good goal though.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #371: Oct 27, 2017 02:49:07 am
      Columbus Crew beat Atlanta on penalties.

Some bad penalties taken by the Atlanta players though.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #372: Oct 27, 2017 06:07:26 pm
      F**k knows how that stayed 0-0,fair play to the crew,gonna be interesting to watch their home game,now the owner wants to move the franchise.https://www.si.com/soccer/2017/10/25/don-garber-mls-commissioner-columbus-crew-move-austin-texas-precourt.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #373: Oct 28, 2017 03:50:35 am
      Just watching the Atlanta/Columbus here on Sky, showed goals from the Chicago/NY Red Bulls game. Obviously can't judge from goals but didn't look a good performance from Chicago. Thought the fourth from New York was a good goal though.

It was not a good performance from the Fire. They were second to every ball and made some defence errors.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #374: Nov 22, 2017 05:22:21 pm
      mls limping towards a rematch of last years final,crew 0-0 toronto,seattle beat houston 2-0 in texas.the way the drag the play-offs out is beyond stupid even for yank soccer organizers.i might watch the final assuming it starts at a reasonable time.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #375: Dec 01, 2017 04:25:10 pm
      Rematch is on, Toronto at home to Seattle next saturday.Hope to F**k it's better than last years.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #376: Dec 10, 2017 12:25:29 am
      Toronto win the MPS cup for 2017. Can't say much about the game, only seen the last 20 minutes of it.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #377: Dec 14, 2017 04:44:17 pm
      Glad Toronto won it,Seattle were negative f**king sh*t.Best team over the season won the title.MLS needs to sort out this play-off nonsense though,it's far to long.And to most irrelevant.Oh yeah forgot,ex red youth teamer,Chris Mavinga played for Toronto.
      « Last Edit: Dec 14, 2017 04:49:09 pm by Boston not la »
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #378: Jan 16, 2018 10:03:44 pm
      Glad Toronto won it,Seattle were negative f**king sh*t.Best team over the season won the title.MLS needs to sort out this play-off nonsense though,it's far to long.And to most irrelevant.Oh yeah forgot,ex red youth teamer,Chris Mavinga played for Toronto.

I follow MLS and Toronto (started when became first Canadian MLS side in 2007) and was glad to see them cap off treble (Canadian Cup and Supporters Shield). Very fun side to watch with the attacking trio of Giovinco-Altidore-Vazquez.

Off season is pretty short as I believe this Friday is the super draft than in couple weeks time players report for pre-season training and in about month time the CONCACAF champions league begin
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #379: Jan 18, 2018 06:47:29 am

Should be back-to-back, Shittle were sh*t last year as well in the final.

Football, man.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #380: Jan 18, 2018 06:15:52 pm
      Should be back-to-back, Shittle were sh*t last year as well in the final.

Football, man.

When Frei made that amazing save on Jozy I knew it wasn't going to be our night.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #381: Jan 19, 2018 05:32:19 pm
      I've still no clue why they bother with a draft,https://www.mlssoccer.com/superdraft/2017/tracker.Anyways Revolution have Brad Friedel as their new head coach.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #382: Jan 19, 2018 06:48:17 pm
      The Superdraft now is more about all the trades clubs make more so than the draft. Pretty much the Superdraft is a crapshoot. Might get a diamond in the rough or MLS quality player but more than likely a lot of these guys will be playing in USL come next season.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #383: Jan 20, 2018 05:06:17 pm
      So the big news pieces coming out of the draft

- Atlanta United signed u20 Argentine international Ezequiel Barco for $15m
      - David Accam traded to Philidelpha Union
      -Ola Kamara traded to LA Galaxy with Gyasi Zardes and money going to Columbus Crew
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #384: Jan 20, 2018 06:36:18 pm
      So the big news pieces coming out of the draft

- Atlanta United signed u20 Argentine international Ezequiel Barco for $15m
      - David Accam traded to Philidelpha Union
      -Ola Kamara traded to LA Galaxy with Gyasi Zardes and money going to Columbus Crew

And the fact that Seattle now have two Roldan's in their team :D.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #385: Jan 25, 2018 05:28:22 pm
      So after years moving up the divisions,a florida team is on the brink of the mls...or just spunk a couple hundred million dollars and buy a place in the league.https://www.socceramerica.com/publications/article/76526/report-mls-announcement-in-miami-set-for-next-wee.html. unrelated the Boston womens team is up for sale,https://www.thebentmusket.com/2018/1/18/16906384/amanda-duffy-emphasizes-nwsl-long-term-draft.They should have a word with John Henry's mrs.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #386: Jan 29, 2018 07:29:33 pm
      MLS has been at it for a while to get a Becks and Miami into the MLS so interesting to see if it works out unlike the Fusion back in early 2000's
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #387: Jan 30, 2018 05:13:18 pm
      http://www.bostonbreakerssoccer.com/statement-from-boston-breakers.i know there's not much chat about womens footy but the head coach used to coach liverpoool womens team and Nat Dowie played there.They did a horrible job at getting the word out about the team around the city,still surprised no one stepped in to keep them running though.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #388: Jan 30, 2018 11:45:40 pm
      MLS has been at it for a while to get a Becks and Miami into the MLS so interesting to see if it works out unlike the Fusion back in early 2000's

Hopefully it works better than pretty much every other sport down there. Still remember watching Heat play finals with Lebron and seeing empty seats.

Whatever, I look forward to watching the Timbers beat them for the cup in 2021 8)
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #389: Jan 31, 2018 12:45:55 am
      Hopefully it works better than pretty much every other sport down there. Still remember watching Heat play finals with Lebron and seeing empty seats.

I am interested to see what Nashville brings and how they fare out. Traditional a college sports kind of place I know NHL took off there and wondering if the MLS does the same.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #390: Mar 01, 2018 05:37:37 pm
      O.K. regular season begins this weekend.https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/schedule?competition=5.I've not paid much attention preseason but will watch the Revs on the telly if i'm out.

Quick Reply