Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Major League Soccer

Read 106286 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Re: Major League Soccer
      Reply #437: Dec 10, 2018 05:17:41 pm
      Well bit of a non-event.In other news not just the f.a that's run by out of touch people.https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/12/06/us-soccer-foundation-federation-lawsuit-ussf.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #438: Dec 14, 2018 05:13:33 pm
      was reading Portland are getting dicked over for tickets,something like 1,500 out of 70,000 would laugh if they get crowd trouble cos Timbers fans are gonna be in with Atlanta.

I always felt that MLS should go to a 2 leg final because of situations like this can occur and the neutral site final don't really work out because the distances to travel for the most part are far too great. I mean we were fortunate in 2016 and 2017 to host since we had better record but in a league where the playoffs hold so much importance I think it would be nice if both sets of supports got to watch their clubs play in a MLS cup final.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #439: Dec 18, 2018 03:17:42 pm
      Well they are going to change format again for the playoff, going to single elimination for all rounds to shorten it up and based off numbers give teams who finished higher in regular better chance at winning

http://www.espn.com/soccer/major-league-soccer/story/3730887/major-league-soccer-changes-playoff-format-increases-number-of-teams
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #440: Dec 18, 2018 03:44:20 pm
      Well they are going to change format again for the playoff, going to single elimination for all rounds to shorten it up and based off numbers give teams who finished higher in regular better chance at winning

http://www.espn.com/soccer/major-league-soccer/story/3730887/major-league-soccer-changes-playoff-format-increases-number-of-teams

i don't dislike the idea except for the fact that more than half the league makes the playoffs. That is silly.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #441: Dec 18, 2018 04:56:19 pm
      I do agree with comment about more then half the teams making the playoffs kinda silly but with teams coming in every year if they keep the number of playoff teams the same it will even out. I am not big on single elimination the whole playoffs but I think being able to play through the bracket without having to stop for FIFA dates is big as it really kills the momentum of the playoffs.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #442: Dec 18, 2018 06:18:02 pm
      Stupid play-offs.Straight run for a championship home and away,you want play-off style football build up and make the open cup a proper tournament.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #443: Jan 28, 2019 03:38:08 pm
      Draft done,pre-season underway.Revolution are in Marbella for a couple of weeks.Opening weekend March 2/3.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #444: Jan 28, 2019 05:26:49 pm
      Toronto FC are in very curious position with their squad. We just sold Vazquez to Saudi club, Van der Wiel contract was terminated after an altercation with the coach and there are strong rumours of Giovinco is getting offers for Saudi clubs. Both Giovinco and Altidore are on the last year of their current deals and are not happy with the club not trying to offer them new contracts as they both enjoy playing and living in Toronto. We also ended up with new GM after Tim left for a job in Columbus. All this is happening and we are due to play our first match in the CONCACAF Champions League in a coupe weeks.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #445: Feb 01, 2019 04:08:06 pm
      What about this new Canadian league,gonna be interesting if people take to it,mls teams lose out? Revs signed Carles Gil,once scored a cracker for Villa then kinda disappeared,should do ok if his head is in the game.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #446: Feb 25, 2019 01:11:29 am
      What about this new Canadian league,gonna be interesting if people take to it,mls teams lose out?

There is a little buzz about the CPL, there will be a club (Halifax Wanders FC) which is close to where I live so I will be taking in a few matches to support it as we really do need a professional league in the country. As far as the quality of the league it remains to be seen but based on players signing there is a number of Canadians from 2nd division leagues in weaker European nations, USL and former MLS youth players who couldn't make the jump for the three Canadian clubs so expectation isn't too high but it is a start.

Toronto FC got demolished in Panama in the first leg of the CCL so it looks like another run in continental competition will be short lived unless a miracle happens. This side right now is low on quality attacking players.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #447: Mar 01, 2019 09:16:34 pm
      Revolution away to Dallas tomorrow 4.30 kick off, up against the USA v England womens game,at least it's something to watch at the pub.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #448: Mar 09, 2019 04:31:42 pm
      After a decent away point last week Revolution home opener is today v Columbus,i'll give it a watch at the pub,first day this week temps are above freezing.23 years and still no direct way to get to a game on public transport from Boston!And the lower league team that calls itself Boston is moving further away from the city to Revere and people wonder why i watch on telly!!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #449: Mar 18, 2019 07:32:36 pm
      Revs unlucky to not get a point in Toronto,but 1 draw 2 defeats expected start,must win home against Cincinnati next sunday.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #450: Mar 19, 2019 02:26:46 am
      I still don't understand how Hamilton goal was not called offside, Chapman was a mile off after poor tackle from the defender. It is good to see TFC off to good start after any supporters were worried based on the players leaving and lack of attacking players coming in we could see repeat of last season
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #451: Mar 19, 2019 03:38:23 pm
      The revs commentators were going spare but it was the right call.Defender stuck a boot out made contact with the ball.It's shitty rule on offside,no surprise there.Did like the Carles Gil var celebration!Altidore looked a bit, shall we say chunky!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #452: Mar 25, 2019 04:27:50 pm
      Oh boy, the Revolution should not be televised,shocker yesterday failed to score at home again,struggling to remember if they had a shot.I think Friedel is out of his depth.Crowd announced as 10,000 odd looked way less,Franchise is beyond fu**ed.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #453: Apr 01, 2019 02:53:59 pm
      Toronto FC off to their best start ever with 3 wins out of 3 with a 4-0 win over NYCFC (who looked awful by the way). The new DP Pozuelo with a great introduction with 2 goals and assist who ran the offence the whole game. 
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #454: Apr 02, 2019 07:46:24 pm
      I only caught the last half hour of the Revolution win!Another poor crowd.Did watch all of the LAFC demo of San Jose alot of LA fans at that game.And our old boy Kristian Nemeth got a hat trick for Kansas city 7-1 win. Kinda good to see the saviors of soccer sucking at the moment,Atlanta worse than nyc.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #455: Apr 08, 2019 05:24:12 pm
      Watched LAFC batter DC on saturday afternoon,dude next to me at the bar was saying how much better they were than the Revs!Rooney sent off by VAR was sweet. Then had the misfortune of sitting thru the revs lose to Columbus,these guys making it tough to put the game on.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #456: Apr 09, 2019 01:19:01 am
      My season so far as a Timbers man:

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #457: Apr 09, 2019 03:52:48 pm
      I'll see your Timbers and raise you The Revs.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1115377693929897985   

« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2019 03:56:55 pm by Boston not la »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #458: Apr 09, 2019 03:59:00 pm
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #459: May 10, 2019 05:02:11 pm
      Friedel out as Revs manager,shipped 18 goals in the last 4 games.He's only a bit part of the problems in New England.But hey they have a game against Chelsea next week,expect a Kraft sighting at a game.We Need a seperate new Boston team, F**k the suburban soccer franchise.

Quick Reply