Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Major League Soccer

Read 106314 times
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Re: Major League Soccer
      Reply #460: May 11, 2019 12:54:45 am
      Friedel out as Revs manager,shipped 18 goals in the last 4 games.He's only a bit part of the problems in New England.But hey they have a game against Chelsea next week,expect a Kraft sighting at a game.We Need a seperate new Boston team, F**k the suburban soccer franchise.

I was at the game on Wednesday to see the Chicago Fire put 5 past them. It was a brilliant game.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #461: May 11, 2019 11:35:47 am
      I was at the game on Wednesday to see the Chicago Fire put 5 past them. It was a brilliant game.

How much are the tickets for the MLS games?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #462: May 11, 2019 04:16:14 pm
      How much are the tickets for the MLS games?

Revolution is buy one get a season ticket free at the moment! Chicago might be the same was only 9,000 for that game against New England.But i think most single game start around 25-30 dollars.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #463: May 11, 2019 04:51:40 pm
      Single tickets for Chicago ranges from $36 to $77. The supporter section tickets are $25, I believe.

Season tickets are buy 2 get free parking ($20 for each game).

Chicago Fire is talking about moving back to Soldier field for next season.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #464: May 13, 2019 02:43:05 am
      Toronto FC tickets range from start at $40 with good seat going around $80 (this is Canadian dollars). I got tickets in the summer to see them play Cincinnati for $50 when I am going to be in the city. 
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #465: Jun 27, 2019 06:14:04 pm
      F***ing Rooney last night.No clue what the keeper was doing wandering about.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfK9nHkfBTA
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #466: Jul 30, 2019 05:00:12 pm
      Huge game this saturday for New England.LAFC coming to foxborough,Revs unbeaten in 11,LA running away with the western div.Not sure if the grass will still be down,i'm guessing not cos The Pats are back.Be interesting to see how many folks show up could be a full soccer house?
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #467: Jul 31, 2019 01:27:31 am
      Huge game this saturday for New England.LAFC coming to foxborough,Revs unbeaten in 11,LA running away with the western div.Not sure if the grass will still be down,i'm guessing not cos The Pats are back.Be interesting to see how many folks show up could be a full soccer house?

That should be good game.

This is a terrible season for the Chicago Fire. I know we are not making the playoffs.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #468: Jul 31, 2019 04:37:03 pm
      Bruce Arena has really turned the revolution around which as a Toronto FC fan I don't like as they are team we are fighting with for a playoff spot. As of right now the East is really log jam with 1st place and 8th place only separated by 7 points so there is a lot to play for going down the last 3rd of the season. I am hoping with the additions we made in Gonzalez, Gallarado and Benezet can push us over the hump into the playoffs
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #469: Jul 31, 2019 04:53:52 pm
      I thought The Revs were so bad that the Arena move would fail but so far he's done a footy miracle even the Argie guy they signed has started well! It's New England so it'll come crashing down at some point! MLS all star yawn game tonight against Atletico Madrid,dunno why they bother with it.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #470: Oct 07, 2019 06:26:55 pm
      End of regular season yesterday,Revs made playoffs first time in 4 years.
      https://www.mlssoccer.com/mls-cup-playoffs/2019/bracket.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #471: Oct 12, 2019 07:09:55 pm
      Toronto FC were able to get home field advantage for the first game of the playoff vs DC United. If we can get the back-line playing well this team should be equipped to make a run at the MLS Cup but I wouldn't bet on it happening.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #472: Oct 14, 2019 06:59:52 pm
      Over the regular season LAFC should walk it.Think mls would like a LAFC v NYC final.I wouldn't overlook Seattle.The west defo seems stronger than the east.Gotta sneaky feeling the Revs will get by Atlanta at the weekend.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #473: Oct 17, 2019 05:02:10 am
      I agree LAFC when they are on are class above the likes of NYCFC, Atlanta FC, Seattle etc but I think the potential of them playing LA Galaxy which is a side who has given them issues could very well happen could see upset which then makes it wide open.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #474: Oct 20, 2019 07:52:58 pm
      Toronto FC were able to get home field advantage for the first game of the playoff vs DC United. If we can get the back-line playing well this team should be equipped to make a run at the MLS Cup but I wouldn't bet on it happening.

Well, over time goal explosion for tfc,was fun.Revs played well against Atlanta just lacked upfront.Seattle v Dallas was a good game as well,all home teams won,hmmm.NYRB at Phili about to kick off,Galaxy v Minnesota later.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #475: Oct 21, 2019 06:09:46 pm
      I know there is not much F**k given about MLS but there were some real good footy played over the weekend,https://www.mlssoccer.com/?quicktabs_1=2,highlights should be here if not geoblocked.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #476: Oct 22, 2019 03:54:05 pm
      The video I've just seen on Sky for the Sacramento Republic franchise (hate that word in football) with Gerrard, Keane, Landon Donovan and Tom Brady was just a little bit cringey!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #477: Oct 22, 2019 05:07:55 pm
      The video I've just seen on Sky for the Sacramento Republic franchise (hate that word in football) with Gerrard, Keane, Landon Donovan and Tom Brady was just a little bit cringey!!

Just about everything involved with MLS is cringey.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #478: Oct 22, 2019 05:47:37 pm

There's already a team in the usl called Sacramento Republic but hey pay10's/100's of millions of dollars and you get to play in MLS,F***ing franchise football is the worst.There is a pro/rel movement but it's got little if any chance of breaking the monopoly.Even at the lower level it's about shitty franchise fees and regional exclusivity.Our"local"npsl team was whining about another team being allowed to move in on it's Boston territory,they play like 6 or 7 home games a year!And neither are actually based in the city.It's a sh*te set up.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #479: Oct 24, 2019 03:51:13 pm

There's already a team in the usl called Sacramento Republic but hey pay10's/100's of millions of dollars and you get to play in MLS,f**king franchise football is the worst.There is a pro/rel movement but it's got little if any chance of breaking the monopoly.Even at the lower level it's about shitty franchise fees and regional exclusivity.Our"local"npsl team was whining about another team being allowed to move in on it's Boston territory,they play like 6 or 7 home games a year!And neither are actually based in the city.It's a sh*te set up.

There will never be pro/rel in MLS with like USL though with the amount of expansion and cities looking into buying a team at some point they might have to look at changing the format to a MLS1/MLS2 or could have it like baseball (before inter league play) with two separate leagues then have the winner of each play in a cup final.

As for playoffs Toronto FC make it to the eastern final with a 2-1 win in New York with an injury time pk from Pozuelo. Looking forward to see who we meet (I think it will be Atlanta) and with the momentum we have now and hopefully Altidore coming back no reason why this side can't get back to the MLS cup final. 

adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #480: Oct 30, 2019 02:37:56 pm
      LAFC is on the long list of teams who won the supporters shield but were not able to win MLS Cup after a 3-1 defeat to Seattle. It is amazing that either Portland or Seattle have been in the last 5 MLS Cup finals considering how many other good side from the west there was over that period. I only caught 2nd half of the game last night after work and Seattle played the perfect away game by defending well not letting LAFC get behind them and took their chances on set pieces and the counter.

Toronto FC playing Atlanta tonight which should be an interesting match, I think we are going to have to hope to deploy the same game plan as Seattle where we can hit on the counter or maybe nick a goal from Pozuelo set piece. I just think Atlanta attack might be too much for our defenders but never know.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #481: Oct 30, 2019 02:47:12 pm
      At least it's a good kick off time tonight,i completely forgot about the game last night.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #482: Oct 31, 2019 02:51:57 pm
      Atl beaten at home,nice winning goal! Seattle v Toronto in the final on sunday nov 10th,rematch of the 16 and 17 finals.

Quick Reply