Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Major League Soccer

Read 106349 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: Major League Soccer
      Reply #483: Oct 31, 2019 02:57:51 pm
      The rubber match in the Toronto FC vs Seattle Sounders trilogy only this time the final will be in Seattle instead of Toronto. Very excited for the prospect of winning the Cup in what was a up and down type of season with new players and injuries.

As for the game last night Toronto did what Seattle did to LAFC in defended very well for major periods of the game and score to great goals when given a sniff from Benezet and DeLeon (who been a great pick up from DCU). I felt the side had the ability to make a deep run and were going into good form into the playoffs so why not. It is impressive considering doing this without Altidore who is  big piece to the side. If we can have him fit enough for the final it would be a real boost.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #484: Nov 11, 2019 04:04:18 pm
      Disappointing result for Toronto FC in the final, despite being the better team for long period of the match we couldn't find a goal or create many clear chances then a fluke OG really turned the tide around for Seattle and with the home supporters behind them ran away with it in the final 30 minutes to win the title.

It was great second half from the guys who went on club longest unbeaten run and to make it to the final after what was a horrible 2018 season. Going into the season after selling Giovinco and Vazquez combine with the GM leaving for Columbus there wasn't much expectation with this group but management did well with bringing in Pozuelo, DeLeon, Laryea, Benezet and Gonzalez who all improved the squad and once Vanny found the right mix we made a run for it.

All in all was decent season though would of been nice to have some hardware to show for it but I think we can keep this group of players together we can be a good MLS for the next couple of seasons.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #485: Nov 12, 2019 06:25:50 pm
      I stopped watching when the second goal went in,wasn't much of a game for the neutral.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #486: Nov 13, 2019 04:51:46 am
      I stopped watching when the second goal went in,wasn't much of a game for the neutral.

I would agree, very cagey for long periods of time with Seattle defending and Toronto FC not craving out many chances despite having so much of the ball. Ref was letting a lot go in terms of tackles and physical play which also hampered the game a little.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #487: Nov 14, 2019 07:46:56 pm
      loved ibrahimovic's goodbye to mls remarks.https://twitter.com/Ibra_official.ya know there will be some uber yank fume about it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #488: Nov 14, 2019 10:54:06 pm
      loved ibrahimovic's goodbye to mls remarks.https://twitter.com/Ibra_official.ya know there will be some uber yank fume about it.

An ego like no other, but he's one funny f**ker.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #489: Nov 15, 2019 04:53:30 am
      Ibrahimovic had the combination of power and skill which MLS level defenders didn't know (or couldn't) defend on a regular basis. From the games I seen of him he would just over power defenders with power. Though I do enjoy some of Ibra's talk but it got old pretty quick while he was in North America. It's still nice to see veteran players who come over from Europe for a last pay day or taste of North American lifestyle play hard and produce as we seen so many players simply just mail it in and enjoy the trip.

Also of past players Montreal Impact hired Thierry Henry as the coach for next season after failure of Remi Garde
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #490: Jan 31, 2020 06:12:28 pm
      MLS in preseason,opening day is Feb 29th.Revolution go to Montreal playing in a dome,bit of a buzz about the revs this season.Did see LAFC sold out a preseason game early this week,https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/01/26/lafc-supporters-steal-show-teams-2-0-preseason-opening-win-vs-penarol.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #491: Feb 04, 2020 04:35:26 am
      I do think given their squad that New England should make the playoffs but MLS is pretty wide open when it comes to teams making it to the playoffs.

Toronto FC losing Bradley for a few months is going to sting, doesn't move around much but his ability to move the ball and pick up the right pass will be missed. I think we should be a top 4 side in the east if we stay fit (which I think will be a real concern) but we have flexibility with DP and a few international spots to fix holes if something comes up. I am going to be in Toronto in March and got tickets to see them play Nashville which fingers crossed won't be too cold.

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #492: Feb 07, 2020 04:21:13 pm
      I'm not a shirt nerd but F***ing hell the mls kits,all generic adidas sh*te.
      https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/02/05/2020-official-mls-jerseys.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #493: Feb 09, 2020 12:46:33 pm

The league has a deal with adidas, which produces all the teams kits, looking like for the coming season they're going for a retro early 90s look.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #494: Feb 20, 2020 03:44:14 pm
      https://www.espn.com/soccer/fc-cincinnati/story/4055287/fc-cincinnati-coach-ron-jans-resigns-amid-racial-slur-investigation.Not a good look,a week or so before the new season kicks off.Be interesting to read what really went on.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #495: Feb 21, 2020 12:17:22 am
      Especially not a great look for a league who supporters seen as more left wing and very inclusive.

MLS clubs have started with their pursuit of the Concacaf Champions League with Atlanta  and Montreal drawing and LAFC losing 2-0 in Mexico. Seattle and NYCFC begin their games tonight. Given how much league as improved it would be nice to see one of the MLS sides make a deep run
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #496: Feb 29, 2020 08:24:05 pm
      Ay up,Revs just scored!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #497: Feb 29, 2020 09:56:09 pm
      Losing 2-1 Revs dude just missed a wide open goal headed it on the post.Y'all think drums are bad they ring a big F**k off bell when they score in montreal.F**k standing near that.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #498: Mar 01, 2020 04:45:44 am
      Toronto FC blew a 2-0 lead in San Jose with a injury time goal from set piece. Should of won the game we had so much control in the first half.

Point away from home always good but this was definitely two points dropped.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #499: Mar 01, 2020 01:24:58 pm
      Chicago Fire start their season today against Seattle Sounders.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #500: Mar 01, 2020 04:10:32 pm
      Chicago Fire start their season today against Seattle Sounders.

Are you excited about the move back to Soldier Field? I always thought the stadium in Bridgeview was nice enough and when I went anyway it's been a few years) the atmosphere from the Polish and Latino fans was pretty decent.

I take it nobody wanted to go there anymore? Was it the stadium, the neighborhood or just the old ownership group?
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #501: Mar 01, 2020 07:48:52 pm
      Are you excited about the move back to Soldier Field? I always thought the stadium in Bridgeview was nice enough and when I went anyway it's been a few years) the atmosphere from the Polish and Latino fans was pretty decent.

I take it nobody wanted to go there anymore? Was it the stadium, the neighborhood or just the old ownership group?

I am excited to be back at Soldier Field. Attendance was dropping each year we played at Bridgeview, so I think the owners thought it was time to go back. Also the city was not upholding their side of the contract.

The Polish supporters were pretty much not existence. Hoping they come back.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #502: Mar 01, 2020 10:26:13 pm
      Tough lost for Fire with injury time winner from Morris. Played decent enough and had a few chances to go ahead.

I really hate the jerkoff fest with LAFC and now Miami FC because of the Beckham factor.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #503: Mar 01, 2020 10:55:16 pm
      Tough lost for Fire with injury time winner from Morris. Played decent enough and had a few chances to go ahead.

I really hate the jerkoff fest with LAFC and now Miami FC because of the Beckham factor.

It was a tough loss but there were some positives in the game.

Had to turn it off, couldn't listen anymore.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #504: Mar 01, 2020 11:15:48 pm
      It was a tough loss but there were some positives in the game.

Had to turn it off, couldn't listen anymore.

I see the MLS league table tends to have the Points and Points Per Game first.  Different to how most European games have Pts at the end.

Does this come from most other American Sports or is this just an MLS thing?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #505: Mar 01, 2020 11:29:50 pm
      I see the MLS league table tends to have the Points and Points Per Game first.  Different to how most European games have Pts at the end.

Does this come from most other American Sports or is this just an MLS thing?

I would say is it just MLS thing as American sports like basketball, baseball and football go by simple W-L while hockey does have point system for wins and such.

Carlos Vela just score peach of a goal with a nice chip.

Quick Reply