Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Major League Soccer

Read 106294 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Major League Soccer
      Reply #506: Mar 02, 2020 05:33:02 pm
      Tough lost for Fire with injury time winner from Morris. Played decent enough and had a few chances to go ahead.

I really hate the jerkoff fest with LAFC and now Miami FC because of the Beckham factor.

Watched that LAFC v Inter Miami game, got to admit I love the way their fans get behind their team.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #507: Mar 03, 2020 03:10:23 pm
      Watched that LAFC v Inter Miami game, got to admit I love the way their fans get behind their team.

I agree they been great addition to the league though and for me last season were the best team in MLS in terms of quality and their style of play is very enjoyable to watch.

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #508: Mar 03, 2020 04:52:58 pm

It'a a weird one for me,do find the uberfan/ultras whatever they call themselves a bit like....

Ya know pay attention to me,ain't we great type of stuff.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #509: Mar 05, 2020 05:07:50 pm
      Revs home opener on saturday against Chicago,looks like they got lucky with the weather,mid 40's partial cloudy at the moment.1.30 ish kick off our time.Not sure what numbers they'd expect maybe 20,000?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #510: Mar 11, 2020 06:23:30 pm
      Just over 15,000 for the first revs game,looked less.Bruce Arena had a dig yesterday. 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1237441017638531072

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #511: Mar 12, 2020 04:47:05 pm
      mls suspended for at least 30 days.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #512: Mar 14, 2020 04:03:32 pm
      https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-states-usa/story/4073719/us-soccer-president-carlos-cordeiro-steps-down-amid-uswnt-pay-dispute.  It's a start think they need to clean house at the top of the game here.Hope Solo was having a good go on twitter,i'm warming to her outlook on the game.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #513: Jun 05, 2020 05:24:23 am
      MLS players union and the owners agreed to new CBA deal that will run until 2025. There had bit a little bit of tension with the two sides which resulted in players not showing up for training and potential of a lock out. Now the league looking at some tournament in Orlando in the next month.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #514: Jun 06, 2020 04:01:41 pm
      i see some dude quit the LA Galaxy cos his mrs was posting racist sh*t on instagram.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #515: Jun 06, 2020 06:15:29 pm
      i see some dude quit the LA Galaxy cos his mrs was posting racist sh*t on instagram.

I saw that, it was Aleksander Katai who left with a mutual agreement between him and the club. His wife Tea posted racist and violent posts on Instagram. He played for the Chicago Fire last year.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #516: Jun 11, 2020 04:14:45 pm
      Looks likes MLS is going to be back with a month long tournament in Orlando starting in July with the draw happening later today. Format will be 6 groups with top 2 getting into knockout as well as the 4 best third place finishers.

I am looking forward to this just for the fact nice to have MLS back but it feels kinda chitzy that this is it for the year.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #517: Jun 11, 2020 10:12:51 pm
      Looks likes MLS is going to be back with a month long tournament in Orlando starting in July with the draw happening later today. Format will be 6 groups with top 2 getting into knockout as well as the 4 best third place finishers.

I am looking forward to this just for the fact nice to have MLS back but it feels kinda chitzy that this is it for the year.

There will be a shortened season after the tournament. This is what I read in the article from MLS.

"Matches with Meaning
      Despite the one-off nature of a tournament format, elements of the MLS is Back Tournament will carry over into the league's plans to resume the 2020 regular season and beyond. The results of each team's three group stage matches will count towards the 2020 MLS regular season standings, while the tournament winner will earn a spot in the 2021 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League.

As further incentive, players will have the opportunity to earn additional bonuses as part of a $1.1 million prize pool." https://www.chicagofirefc.com/post/2020/06/10/key-takeaways-mls-back-tournament-announcement
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #518: Jun 11, 2020 11:10:00 pm
      Can't just start the regular season up,no,lets bring all the teams together in a swamp in july. It's gonna be a tough watch but yeah i'm in!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #519: Jun 12, 2020 12:11:50 am
      There will be a shortened season after the tournament. This is what I read in the article from MLS.

"Matches with Meaning
      Despite the one-off nature of a tournament format, elements of the MLS is Back Tournament will carry over into the league's plans to resume the 2020 regular season and beyond. The results of each team's three group stage matches will count towards the 2020 MLS regular season standings, while the tournament winner will earn a spot in the 2021 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League.

As further incentive, players will have the opportunity to earn additional bonuses as part of a $1.1 million prize pool." https://www.chicagofirefc.com/post/2020/06/10/key-takeaways-mls-back-tournament-announcement

Interesting, for Toronto FC there really isn't much to play for as we can't qualify for CONCACAF Champions League through way of MLS. Only 3 regular season games but I guess it would be cool to win it and sure like you mention some players be motivated for a little extra money.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #520: Jun 13, 2020 03:44:23 pm
      covid numbers going up down there,hopefully not to much over the next three weeks otherwise you'd have to question how wise it would be to have the tournyey.https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/06/11/its-getting-worse-florida-reports-1698-new-infections-as-health-officials-sound-the-alarm/
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #521: Jun 17, 2020 03:37:30 pm
      Can't just start the regular season up,no,lets bring all the teams together in a swamp in july. It's gonna be a tough watch but yeah i'm in!

Will probably be a decent watch with our title wrapped up.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #522: Jun 17, 2020 04:51:28 pm
      Here are the groups for the "MLS is back" tournament

A   Orlando City SC, Inter Miami CF, New York City FC, Philadelphia Union, Chicago Fire FC, Nashville SC
      C   Toronto FC, New England Revolution, Montreal Impact, D.C. United
      E   Atlanta United FC, FC Cincinnati, New York Red Bulls, Columbus Crew SC

B   Seattle Sounders FC, FC Dallas, Vancouver Whitecaps FC, San Jose Earthquakes
      D   Real Salt Lake, Sporting Kansas City, Colorado Rapids, Minnesota United FC
      F   LAFC, LA Galaxy, Houston Dynamo, Portland Timbers
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #524: Jul 05, 2020 08:08:20 pm
      Toronto fc are delaying going to Orlando because they have two players/staff who tested inconclusive
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #525: Jul 09, 2020 02:18:25 pm
      Weird watching MLS game at 9am, sure most these players haven played this early since youth football.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #526: Jul 10, 2020 08:15:51 pm
      I've not really figured out the schedule yet did catch the nice goal from Bou for the Revs last night.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #527: Jul 10, 2020 08:35:06 pm
      I've not really figured out the schedule yet did catch the nice goal from Bou for the Revs last night.

He looked really good all evening, thought that game was the best of the bunch thus far as the other two were stinkers.

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #528: Jul 10, 2020 08:40:02 pm
      As the cliche goes,he knows where the back of the net is! Glad i've not missed anything,will try and catch up over the weekend.

Quick Reply