Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of The Match

Mignolet
      18 (24.3%)
      Johnson
      7 (9.5%)
      Skrtel
      3 (4.1%)
      Lovren
      3 (4.1%)
      Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Can
      3 (4.1%)
      Henderson
      11 (14.9%)
      Sterling
      4 (5.4%)
      Lallana
      1 (1.4%)
      Sturridge
      1 (1.4%)
      Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      K Touré
      21 (28.4%)
      Balotelli
      2 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Liverpool 0:0 Blackburn Rovers. In game & and post match debate.

Read 33801 times
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,165 posts | 514 
      Re: Liverpool 0:0 Blackburn Rovers. In game & and post match debate.
      Reply #414: Mar 08, 2015 08:20:57 pm
      Three home games against Championship sides this season and we've drawn them all. On the positive side, at least we can play that badly and not lose. Six months ago we'd have lost this game but we've become much more resilient of late.

Six months ago mate, we wouldn't have got this far  ;D.
      Do not see any problems in the replay, hopefully ;D.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #415: Mar 08, 2015 08:30:58 pm
      Missed the match due to work, were we that bad? Will have to watch MOTD.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #416: Mar 08, 2015 08:40:47 pm
      Missed the match due to work, were we that bad? Will have to watch MOTD.

Think the high lights could fit on a Vine post.

Migs made a great save, I don't think we really troubled them, but I felt we were in control.

Blackburn did play well, and I was surprised they only tired in the last 15-20 minutes.

We were not that bad, but things just did not click.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #417: Mar 08, 2015 08:42:51 pm
      Think the high lights could fit on a Vine post.

Migs made a great save, I don't think we really troubled them, but I felt we were in control.

Blackburn did play well, and I was surprised they only tired in the last 15-20 minutes.

We were not that bad, but things just did not click.

Cheer's mate
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #418: Mar 08, 2015 09:07:51 pm
      Still in it and fighting will be a tough game, but it will give us something to do on a midweek now we are out of Europe.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #419: Mar 08, 2015 09:19:16 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #420: Mar 08, 2015 10:55:57 pm
      Just finished watching the highlights and it looked like a very scrappy performance from us.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #421: Mar 08, 2015 11:15:52 pm
      Disappointing performance.

Credit to Blackburn.

Looking on the bright side of it, we'll have a more noisier support at Ewood.  :P
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #422: Mar 08, 2015 11:49:00 pm
      Loads of possession, but sadly not a great deal of invention.
      We continued with the same slow tempo, lack of movement off the ball in the final third, and were too predictable to defend against.
      Ok, they pretty well parked the bus, and we should do better at theirs when they attempt to play football, but we need to learn how to overcome today's tactics.
      Great save from migs who had little else to do, but unfortunately their keeper had even less to do.
      Poor attempted crosses/through balls with too many hitting the nearest defender. Also some poor decision making in front of goal.
      Surely we won't play as poorly in last third again this season will we ?
      Got a week to recover from the mental anguish, and we go again!
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,519 posts | 713 
      Reply #423: Mar 09, 2015 02:38:01 am
      Most of our goals in past few games have come from long distance shots.

Playing 1 up front restricts us inside the box when it comes to finishing
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #424: Mar 09, 2015 03:40:20 am
      http://www.90min.com/posts/1939152-liverpool-fa-cup-replay-delayed-for-a-month?a_aid=35322

Good news apparently.Now it wont hinder us between Arse and the Scum matches.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6692 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #425: Mar 09, 2015 04:50:39 am
      I hope Sakho is right to come back in next match and so is Skrtel. I don't want to see Lovren pull on a shirt again for us.

He makes me nervous everytime he goes near the ball. Lost count of how many times last night, he got the ball and passed it straight to them.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #426: Mar 09, 2015 06:39:30 am
      My player ratings:

Mignolet: Apart from one fumble in the sunlight he was solid all game and made an absolutely superb save from their corner. 8

Johnson: Hasn't played much at all but came in and impressed, made some vital defensive interceptions. 8

Toure: Did okay, drawn to the ball in midfield a number of times which left a big hole in the center of our defense, should have scored from the header. 6

Lovren: Doesn't fill me with confidence. Although he didn't look as worrying as the last game, their big striker made life hard for him and our defense. 6

Markovic: Didn't do much again. 5

Sterling: Much of his best work was in defense in the first half and he did this exceptionally well, tried in the second to impose himself and get forward more, looked quite lively but Conway? gave him a run for his money. 7

Can: Love him but yesterday he didn't impose himself on this game. 5

Henderson: Decent. But when we needed a leader to step up from midfield our man wasn't to be seen unfortunately. 6

Coutinho: Another lively performance, really enjoy watching him play but like the rest of our attacking players came up short yesterday. 7

Lallana: Disappointing. Don't know what it is with him, he looks a real lightweight on the ball at times, then on others likes like a magician. Flattered to deceive. 4

Sturridge: Looked as though he found it hard playing the lone role against a tough Blackburn defense, made a couple of his own chances and constantly buzzed about trying to make something happen but really struggled in the end to make an impact due to their defense and our lack of supply to him. 7

Sub: Balo, didn't have much of an anticipated impact. 5
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #427: Mar 09, 2015 09:08:31 am
      In all honesty, I think that was one of the dullest football matches I have ever witnessed in my life. It wasn't even that we played poorly.

It was more  a case of it being just a lifeless husk of a game played by a Blackburn side about as charismatic as an abscess, and a Liverpool side that played with the mentality of an over worked employee having to deal with yet another dose of overtime.

It was an awful spectacle - truly awful

Within minutes of watching the game (I had to record it) I said to my wife, we either lose this, or worse, we get a replay. It just had that feel about it
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #428: Mar 09, 2015 09:41:54 am
      Well I had a great time even though the game wasn't the best, at least I got to see the lads play live.  I guess for those of you who go every week it was just another game but as that was my first FA Cup game ever and my first visit to Anfield since the Anzhi game I'm not going to complain  ;D

We're still in it so for now that's all that matters.

My MotM went to Toure, thought he did really well after Skrtels injury. 
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #429: Mar 09, 2015 09:43:16 am
      Lots of graft, not much craft.

Gave MoM to Sterling as he worked tirelessly, even defending well. Hopefully the return venue at Ewood Park will see us return with the vim and vigour of late. Would like to see Sturridge and Balotelli given the chance to try and develop a decent strike partnership at some point too, although not to the overall detriment of the team. Confident of a 1-3 away win.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #430: Mar 09, 2015 09:55:20 am
      Hi, I'm back from my grandpa. He is better but still ill. Thanks for your support yesterday, well appreciated!

I saw the highlights and both team had their chances. From the clip, I gave my MOTM to Mignolet.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #431: Mar 09, 2015 11:04:31 am
      Hi, I'm back from my grandpa. He is better but still ill. Thanks for your support yesterday, well appreciated!

I saw the highlights and both team had their chances. From the clip, I gave my MOTM to Mignolet.

Glad to hear he's a bit better mate. I gave my MOTM to Mignolet too, don't think many of the outfield players did quite enough.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #432: Mar 09, 2015 11:15:53 am
      Glad to hear he's a bit better mate. I gave my MOTM to Mignolet too, don't think many of the outfield players did quite enough.

:) thanks
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #433: Mar 09, 2015 11:22:34 am

The Big Red Family is always here for whoever needs them Clint, glad it lifted your spirits a little mate.

Hope your Gramps continues to improve.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #434: Mar 09, 2015 11:23:41 am
      Always a pleasant surprise when you put your vote in for MOTM and you are in the majority.

Give him another year.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #435: Mar 09, 2015 11:25:11 am
      We struggle in fixtures like this. When a team parks the bus we never find a way to break them down. We need 11 coutinho's in games like this.

Gave Mignolet MOTM for the save he made in the second half. Kolo played well when he came on too though.

Can is more suited as a CB. He brings the ball out of the back very well which provides space for our midfielders because eventually he needs to be closed down. We didn't have that yesterday, neither Lovren or Johnson bring the ball out as well. Can doesn't have the quick feet to play as a CM either I don't think. He is closed down more quickly playing in that position and struggles sometimes.

Markovic and Sterling were both awful. Markovic is scared of his own shadow and Sterling thinks he is a better player than what he is. I don't know why Sterling thinks he is Ronaldo all of a sudden but he needs to F**k off with all these step overs. Pass the F***ing ball for once too. Henderson was back to his average self again.

Coutinho struggled to get into the game as did Lallana. Barely remember Lallana touching the ball actually.

Sturridge had no service and was restricted to long shots which were either blocked or their goalie made one or two saves.

It was more of a bad day at the office for us rather than a good performance by Blackburn. We need to find ways of breaking teams down that park the bus against us. We have no plan B.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #436: Mar 09, 2015 11:34:40 am
      We struggle in fixtures like this. When a team parks the bus we never find a way to break them down. We need 11 coutinho's in games like this.

Gave Mignolet MOTM for the save he made in the second half. Kolo played well when he came on too though.

Can is more suited as a CB. He brings the ball out of the back very well which provides space for our midfielders because eventually he needs to be closed down. We didn't have that yesterday, neither Lovren or Johnson bring the ball out as well. Can doesn't have the quick feet to play as a CM either I don't think. He is closed down more quickly playing in that position and struggles sometimes.

Markovic and Sterling were both awful. Markovic is scared of his own shadow and Sterling thinks he is a better player than what he is. I don't know why Sterling thinks he is Ronaldo all of a sudden but he needs to F**k off with all these step overs. Pass the F***ing ball for once too. Henderson was back to his average self again.

Coutinho struggled to get into the game as did Lallana. Barely remember Lallana touching the ball actually.

Sturridge had no service and was restricted to long shots which were either blocked or their goalie made one or two saves.

It was more of a bad day at the office for us rather than a good performance by Blackburn. We need to find ways of breaking teams down that park the bus against us. We have no plan B.

That's the first time for me that Can has looked fairly poor at CM. But when our attack didn't play to expectations  its hard to make certain assumptions about Can based on one performance. Like Markovic though he's still really a kid in footballing terms, they have to be given time to develop.

Quick Reply