Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of The Match

Mignolet
      18 (24.3%)
      Johnson
      7 (9.5%)
      Skrtel
      3 (4.1%)
      Lovren
      3 (4.1%)
      Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Can
      3 (4.1%)
      Henderson
      11 (14.9%)
      Sterling
      4 (5.4%)
      Lallana
      1 (1.4%)
      Sturridge
      1 (1.4%)
      Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      K Touré
      21 (28.4%)
      Balotelli
      2 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Liverpool 0:0 Blackburn Rovers. In game & and post match debate.

Read 33807 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: Liverpool 0:0 Blackburn Rovers. In game & and post match debate.
      Reply #437: Mar 09, 2015 11:40:38 am
      Kop Magazine ‏@TheKopMagazine
      Ridiculous fact of the day: The only #LFC player to score an #FACup goal at Anfield under Brendan Rodgers' is Iago Aspas
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #438: Mar 09, 2015 11:53:08 am
      The Big Red Family is always here for whoever needs them Clint, glad it lifted your spirits a little mate.

Hope your Gramps continues to improve.

Thanks

What happened to Allen yesterday?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #439: Mar 09, 2015 12:02:54 pm
      Thanks

What happened to Allen yesterday?

Was injured in training on Saturday mate.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,005 posts | 3351 
      Reply #440: Mar 09, 2015 12:07:45 pm
      Yet another sh*t performance in the FA Cup. When we win, we get away with it but yesterday we were sh*t. Wimbledon, Bolton and Palace. Not one decent performance in the Cup. Yet we're still in the hat for the semi-finals.

I don't remember the Blackburn keeper being tested that much, even their defenders weren't throwing their bodies on the line every five seconds. It was all played in front of them with no real penetration on our part. And our old Achilles heel haunted us in the first half, a big burly centre forward who we couldn't handle.

Mignolet was as good as anybody out there yesterday. Once again looked composed for the most part of the game, crucial saves when we needed them and yet another clean sheet for Simple Simon.

Johnson probably had his best game in a Liverpool shirt. What's going on here? I said the same thing about Joe Allen the other week and now Glen. Somebody has hacked me account :laugh:

Skrtel was man of the match for me because he cared. He was out cold yet still wanted to get back on the pitch and play for Liverpool Football Club. As long as you care, I'll love you. Skrtel cared!!!

Lovren had yet another shaky performance. Whereas some players get given an opportunity and take it, Dejan has been given one with Sakho's injury and unfortunately hasn't taken it, in my opinion. Despite the clean sheet, he still looked very poor.

Markovic was yet again justifying why we didn't need to spend 20 million on him.

Can again put in a disappointing performance in his proper position. Done the same against Beskitas. Maybe he is a centre half after all.

Henderson tried but didn't do anywhere near enough. Picked up in the last ten minutes, for the first eighty though was average. Not poor but not good either.

Sterling got caught a few times defensively, disappointed going forward. Second half was a slight improvement but overall put in yet another sh*t performance. Take another trip to the West Indies lad, maybe teach the England cricket team how to run while you're there.

Lallana was again sh*t. Bored of saying it now.

Coutinho was built up as the linch pin for this side beforehand and was invisible for large portions of it. When we did see him, he was poor.

Sturridge was again greedy and selfish. And it didn't pay off. The prodigal son's return hasn't quite worked out how we wished.

Toure was the best player in a Liverpool shirt. That says a lot. (not a slant on Kolo by the way, just how poor our flair players were)

Balotelli did ok for about five minutes then turned into the Mario we've come to know, useless.

F***ing sh*te game, sh*te performance, sh*te atmosphere, sh*te weekend.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      Reply #441: Mar 09, 2015 12:09:55 pm
      Was injured in training on Saturday mate.

OOO ok, is it bad?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #442: Mar 09, 2015 12:11:25 pm
      Yet another sh*t performance in the FA Cup. When we win, we get away with it but yesterday we were sh*t. Wimbledon, Bolton and Palace. Not one decent performance in the Cup. Yet we're still in the hat for the semi-finals.

I don't remember the Blackburn keeper being tested that much, even their defenders weren't throwing their bodies on the line every five seconds. It was all played in front of them with no real penetration on our part. And our old Achilles heel haunted us in the first half, a big burly centre forward who we couldn't handle.

Mignolet was as good as anybody out there yesterday. Once again looked composed for the most part of the game, crucial saves when we needed them and yet another clean sheet for Simple Simon.

Johnson probably had his best game in a Liverpool shirt. What's going on here? I said the same thing about Joe Allen the other week and now Glen. Somebody has hacked me account :laugh:

Skrtel was man of the match for me because he cared. He was out cold yet still wanted to get back on the pitch and play for Liverpool Football Club. As long as you care, I'll love you. Skrtel cared!!!

Lovren had yet another shaky performance. Whereas some players get given an opportunity and take it, Dejan has been given one with Sakho's injury and unfortunately hasn't taken it, in my opinion. Despite the clean sheet, he still looked very poor.

Markovic was yet again justifying why we didn't need to spend 20 million on him.

Can again put in a disappointing performance in his proper position. Done the same against Beskitas. Maybe he is a centre half after all.

Henderson tried but didn't do anywhere near enough. Picked up in the last ten minutes, for the first eighty though was average. Not poor but not good either.

Sterling got caught a few times defensively, disappointed going forward. Second half was a slight improvement but overall put in yet another sh*t performance. Take another trip to the West Indies lad, maybe teach the England cricket team how to run while you're there.

Lallana was again sh*t. Bored of saying it now.

Coutinho was built up as the linch pin for this side beforehand and was invisible for large portions of it. When we did see him, he was poor.

Sturridge was again greedy and selfish. And it didn't pay off. The prodigal son's return hasn't quite worked out how we wished.

Toure was the best player in a Liverpool shirt. That says a lot. (not a slant on Kolo by the way, just how poor our flair players were)

Balotelli did ok for about five minutes then turned into the Mario we've come to know, useless.

Bang on the money

It was a tepid, vapid and insipid game where we dominated possession and couldn't do a single thing with it. No, not even the header against the post counts

About the only positive was that teams get these games season in season out and to some extent they have to be expected.

Still crap though
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #443: Mar 09, 2015 12:12:32 pm

Don't think so mate, probably just a knock and should be fine for Swansea.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      Reply #444: Mar 09, 2015 12:16:13 pm
      Don't think so mate, probably just a knock and should be fine for Swansea.

Ok good, better.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #445: Mar 09, 2015 01:17:17 pm
      Take another trip to the West Indies lad, maybe teach the England cricket team how to run while you're there

How would he coach the England team at West Indies, when the World Cup is in Australia?  ;D

Bang on!! And let me add - sh*te surface!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,005 posts | 3351 
      Reply #446: Mar 09, 2015 02:36:11 pm
      How would he coach the England team at West Indies, when the World Cup is in Australia?  ;D

Because after today's defeat, we're out of the World Cup. And our next tour is in the West Indies.

And just for the record, the World Cup is in Australia and New Zealand.

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #447: Mar 09, 2015 03:58:21 pm
      Because after today's defeat, we're out of the World Cup. And our next tour is in the West Indies.

Gotcha  :gt-happyup:
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #448: Mar 09, 2015 05:59:54 pm
      Very sluggish performance. Just couldn't click in the final third. This was the kind of game where we needed the likes of Gerrard to drag us through. Felt we needed a bit of experience in midfield to get us through. Gave Migs man of the match
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #449: Mar 09, 2015 06:09:48 pm
      Have to give credit to Blackburn here. When their manager confidently said before the game that they had a plan against our unusual set-up I wasnt much worried. But as they´d started purposelly attacking those pockets of space between our side centre-backs and wing-backs, esp. behind little defensive minded Sterling and a shaky future captain I wonderred why so many teams before failed to exploit those holes. Add to that a physical nature of Rovers game we tend to struggle against, and a sh*te pitch, and its little surprise we couldnt get any rythm into our play.

With referees always fancying underdogs in these cup games its going to be really hard to win over there and we may pick another couple injuries as well. Would prefer four at the back in the replay with proper full-backs on. Moreno should have been on yesterday after about 20 minutes covering their pacey winger on the left, baffled Brendan couldnt see what was going on.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #450: Mar 09, 2015 06:29:01 pm
      Poor performance from all of them IMO. Think Kolo was our best player and even he was far from playing well, lots of passes going out of play. Too many players spent too much time hiding and being anonymous; Hendo, Lallana, Can and the rest of them. Coutinho was back to his piss poor shooting as well. Not good enough. The only positive to take from this game is gaining another clean sheet.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #451: Mar 09, 2015 06:33:36 pm
      Very sluggish performance. Just couldn't click in the final third. This was the kind of game where we needed the likes of Gerrard to drag us through. Felt we needed a bit of experience in midfield to get us through. Gave Migs man of the match

Up until last year you'd have probably been right to think so. These days though you just don't know which Gerrard is going to turn up. He's had some right shockers this season - non more so than away to Bolton in this very cup competition.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #452: Mar 09, 2015 07:19:57 pm
      Extremely disappointing if I'm totally honest, we should be sweeping sides like Blackburn aside, whether they park the double decker or not, we should still have enough creation in our ranks to get through the most stalwart of defences,

However having said that, we have played a hell of a lot of games in a relatively short space of time and I deny any side wouldn't be affected by some kind of fatigue playing so many matches,

The saving grace I suppose is that we are still in the competition and will still progress, let's just put it down to a very bad day at the office, forget it and move on.

YNWA
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #453: Mar 09, 2015 09:51:26 pm
      Villa await us.
      glines
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts |
      Reply #454: Mar 09, 2015 09:52:16 pm
      Not the best draw, not the worst. We should win these 2 games to get to the final. We should...
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #455: Mar 09, 2015 09:53:42 pm
      For the love of god, get this tie over and done with at Ewood Park. As far as I'm concerned this replay must be treated as the biggest game of the season, which it arguably is. No excuses.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #456: Mar 09, 2015 09:54:47 pm
      We have to make it to Wembley !!!!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #457: Mar 09, 2015 10:18:33 pm
      now lets  do this like the bolton tie and go to wembley
         we play aston villa  in the semis
       and the scum are out,
      YNWA
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #458: Mar 09, 2015 10:31:18 pm
      now lets  do this like the bolton tie

I hope not, I'd rather we didn't leave it until the last 4 minutes or whatever it was to get our goals.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #459: Mar 09, 2015 10:47:11 pm
      We havnt beaten Blackburn yet !!!

Quick Reply