Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Rugby League (NRL)

Read 60683 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Rugby League (NRL)
      Reply #115: Apr 28, 2016 12:14:47 pm
      Two sh*t sides going at it.

David Nofoluma was embarrassing in that mini-scrap at the end. Goes down holding his neck and then jumps up when Tom Burgess tells him he's a pussy (or words to that effect). What a dickhead. That should be suspension-worthy.

I'd say Tigers are home but they're so bad, it could be 20-all in ten minutes.

I had a feeling I'd watched the Tigers this season and it turns out they're the team I watched get mauled the other day against Melbourne :D.

Ye that was embarrassing by Nofoluma, Burgess looked about twice his size too so he's a brave boy for trying to start something with him. The Tigers seem to have gone to sleep, only lead by 2 now and the Rabbitohs look like they could take this one.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #116: Apr 30, 2016 10:44:04 pm
      We won by 1 point. Winning by 12 with 15 minutes to go and we stop playing completely and let them back in it.

This team will kill me.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #117: May 02, 2016 05:54:32 am
      We won by 1 point. Winning by 12 with 15 minutes to go and we stop playing completely and let them back in it.

This team will kill me.

I am watching this right now. Knowing we won makes me more relaxed because Panthers are the kings of close games, it really is unbelievable!

It is so good to have Segeyaro back! I love this guy. His runs from dummy half are very exciting, it must be a nightmare to defend against him and the likes of Cartwright and Moylan all at the same time, and their offloading has been superb in what I have seen of it so far.

Moylan is ridiculously good and creative, if the Panthers were to sign another good fullback for any reason, then I feel Moylan could quite comfortably play in the halves. It looks good the way things are now though, having that extra kicking ability and unpredictability in the side.

Disappointed to hear that Martin is out for the season though, I did not know that he had been injured until I found his omission in the starting lineup quite strange so I googled his situation.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #118: May 03, 2016 12:24:40 am
      I am watching this right now. Knowing we won makes me more relaxed because Panthers are the kings of close games, it really is unbelievable!

It is so good to have Segeyaro back! I love this guy. His runs from dummy half are very exciting, it must be a nightmare to defend against him and the likes of Cartwright and Moylan all at the same time, and their offloading has been superb in what I have seen of it so far.

Moylan is ridiculously good and creative, if the Panthers were to sign another good fullback for any reason, then I feel Moylan could quite comfortably play in the halves. It looks good the way things are now though, having that extra kicking ability and unpredictability in the side.

Disappointed to hear that Martin is out for the season though, I did not know that he had been injured until I found his omission in the starting lineup quite strange so I googled his situation.

Martin out for the season last week and Dean Whare was meant to make a return on the weekend but a training injury has ruled him out for the season as well :( That's (in my opinion) one of the very best centres in the game gone. His defence on the edge, his skill, his hands, his speed, he is just the perfect centre. Massive blow.

But from next season i think Moylan will slowly shift in to the number 6 jersey. Right now though i love him at the back. So assured under a high ball, returns kicks well, his running and ball-playing just behind the line is excellent. I just love him. Hope he stays fit.

Cartwright and Chicko were sensational on the weekend. Fisher-Harris was going great until he came off injured (not a bad one thankfully). But Carty single-handedly destroyed them. His offloads, runs, link up play and for once, his defence! So good.

Chicko was amazing off the bench. You wouldn't think he was out for so long. It's so clear how much he offers to the side at hooker when he darts out for a run compared to Wallace.

All we need to do is lock him and Mansour up as their contracts are up at the end of this season.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #119: Jun 26, 2016 11:45:52 pm
      Martin out for the season last week and Dean Whare was meant to make a return on the weekend but a training injury has ruled him out for the season as well :( That's (in my opinion) one of the very best centres in the game gone. His defence on the edge, his skill, his hands, his speed, he is just the perfect centre. Massive blow.

But from next season i think Moylan will slowly shift in to the number 6 jersey. Right now though i love him at the back. So assured under a high ball, returns kicks well, his running and ball-playing just behind the line is excellent. I just love him. Hope he stays fit.

Cartwright and Chicko were sensational on the weekend. Fisher-Harris was going great until he came off injured (not a bad one thankfully). But Carty single-handedly destroyed them. His offloads, runs, link up play and for once, his defence! So good.

Chicko was amazing off the bench. You wouldn't think he was out for so long. It's so clear how much he offers to the side at hooker when he darts out for a run compared to Wallace.

All we need to do is lock him and Mansour up as their contracts are up at the end of this season.

Hey John, what's going on at the Panthers right now?
      Not saying it's bad - the team seems to be playing well - but I missed a couple of games and some important changes seem to have taken place in this period.

I was rather surprised when I read the news of Segeyaro being released. I used to think he was one of their best players, although Wallace is supposedly doing a good job at dummy half. Then I read Soward, until so recently the team's main playmaker, had been demoted and is not even playing, with a 18 year old (who looks like a fantastic talent btw) in his place! Cartwright moved to the halves as well? Rugby league tactics are still a bit confusing to me, so I'm kinda lost after missing 2 or 3 games.

I did watch the win vs the Rabbitohs though last Friday though. Cartwright offloads are so freaking awesome. Cleary and Martin (when he gets back from injury) look like incredibly talented young players to build for the future. Moylan's decision making is so good!

Hardaker was amazing for Leeds last year so I hope he'll prove to be a good signing as well. I wish Saints had gone after Segeyaro but I guess hooker is not a priority with Roby being their most talented player.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #120: Jun 27, 2016 02:54:59 am
      Hey John, what's going on at the Panthers right now?
      Not saying it's bad - the team seems to be playing well - but I missed a couple of games and some important changes seem to have taken place in this period.

I was rather surprised when I read the news of Segeyaro being released. I used to think he was one of their best players, although Wallace is supposedly doing a good job at dummy half. Then I read Soward, until so recently the team's main playmaker, had been demoted and is not even playing, with a 18 year old (who looks like a fantastic talent btw) in his place! Cartwright moved to the halves as well? Rugby league tactics are still a bit confusing to me, so I'm kinda lost after missing 2 or 3 games.

I did watch the win vs the Rabbitohs though last Friday though. Cartwright offloads are so freaking awesome. Cleary and Martin (when he gets back from injury) look like incredibly talented young players to build for the future. Moylan's decision making is so good!

Hardaker was amazing for Leeds last year so I hope he'll prove to be a good signing as well. I wish Saints had gone after Segeyaro but I guess hooker is not a priority with Roby being their most talented player.

Segeyaro never really went on with his form in 2013 and he's been injured a lot the past two seasons. His wages are pretty high and with us having a few important players off-contract and struggling to fit everyone under the salary cap, i think his controversial night out with some gang members was the final nail in the coffin.

We are signing James Tamou next season on $750k per season for four seasons, plus we needed to re-sign Mansour (which we have until 2018). Peter Wallace has done ok in his role at dummy half and Griffin prefers his style over Segeyaro. The emergence of Cleary and Martin has really helped but it may be a problem in the future when they get new deals.

With all the forwards at the club we may see some of them go like Mckendry, Matagi and Latimore. But that's just speculation on my part on who will be going but i'm sure someone will be let go.

Segeyaro was very popular with our players and fans but i think there was a realisation a little while ago that his time was up.

As for Hardaker, i think he'll be plying first grade within the fortnight at centre. Everyone at the club is saying he will be in the centres with Hiku's and Whare's injuries so no move for Moylan to 6. I'm glad that's the case because Moylan from the back suits us and we finally have a structure in the side that is helping us score points, whereas before we struggled with Soward controlling the game. Cartwright and Cleary have been sensational. Cleary is F***ing 18 and this time last year he was playing schoolboy competition.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #121: Jul 15, 2016 09:49:12 pm
      Just watching Leeds vs Wigan. Leeds were winning 18-4 with 11 minutes left, Wigan have just scored 2 tries in less than 3 minutes and it's now 18-16 :D. Will be a big bottle job if Leeds don't win this. Wigan have struggled to create try scoring opportunities all game.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #122: Jul 15, 2016 09:51:31 pm
      Segeyaro looks like a proper battler, constantly winning tackles, covering the field very well but man is he slow :D.

"Segeyaro has run his blood to water." F**k knows what that means coming from the commentator but sounds like a great achievement!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #123: Jul 18, 2016 01:16:31 pm
      Close wins against the Eels are the best. ;D Go on Panthers, please make the finals.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #124: Jul 19, 2016 07:41:33 am
      Close wins against the Eels are the best. ;D Go on Panthers, please make the finals.

Like like like like like like like like like!

What a good feeling!

Segeyaro looks like a proper battler, constantly winning tackles, covering the field very well but man is he slow :D.

"Segeyaro has run his blood to water." F**k knows what that means coming from the commentator but sounds like a great achievement!

Massive dickhead but he's way too good for the Super League. He'll come back to the NRL next season, i reckon. We just wanted him out (and Soward who did it the honourable way) to clear up cap space to upgrade our youngsters and get James Tamou. No one else could fit Segeyaro in this season.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #125: Jul 22, 2016 10:56:55 pm
      Panthers beat the Broncos and Saints won the derby against Wigan. This day couldn't have been any better.

I watched the English derby live and just downloaded the Panthers match. I'll be laughing myself to sleep tonight!

The derby was a very good game. Very intense and a great atmosphere like a derby should be. My favourite player - James Roby - scored the last try.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #126: Jul 24, 2016 04:23:38 am
      Panthers beat the Broncos and Saints won the derby against Wigan. This day couldn't have been any better.

Panthers DESTROYED the Broncos ;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #127: Jul 26, 2016 04:40:56 am

Yes, they did. ;D

Great to see Hardaker score his first try in the NRL. I am constantly amazed with the trio of Moylan, Cartwright and Mansour - such great players. I also love Peachey, he's so dynamic and exciting at times. There's an incredible amount of young talent in that team... The likes of Cleary, Fisher-Harris is a monster and is still only 20! Who are the Panthers best performers this season in your opinion?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #128: Jul 26, 2016 06:07:53 am
      Yes, they did. ;D

Great to see Hardaker score his first try in the NRL. I am constantly amazed with the trio of Moylan, Cartwright and Mansour - such great players. I also love Peachey, he's so dynamic and exciting at times. There's an incredible amount of young talent in that team... The likes of Cleary, Fisher-Harris is a monster and is still only 20! Who are the Panthers best performers this season in your opinion?

Latu, Merrin and Mansour.

Cartwright and Moylan have been good but a bit inconsistent and Carty can't defend to save his life.

Id say Cleary too but he has only come in for about a month but for an 18 year old he has been phenomenal for us, brings so much control to our play. Same with Fisher-Harris, but he's a 20 year old built like a 30 year old - F***ing tank and a half him and Akauola.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #129: Jul 27, 2016 05:09:06 am
      Trent Merrin signed this season until 2018 and already extends to 2020. F***ing boom!!!! Loving that.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #130: Jul 27, 2016 07:30:31 am
      Trent Merrin signed this season until 2018 and already extends to 2020. F***ing boom!!!! Loving that.

Great news. He's a very good player, one of those I've come to really trust when he has the ball. His try against the Broncos was impressive. Such strength!

By the way, I've got another question: what are the weak links in the Panthers lineup, in your opinion? What holds them back from being among the top? Or do you think it's just a matter of this current roster becoming more experienced to go all the way?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #131: Jul 27, 2016 08:25:36 am
      Great news. He's a very good player, one of those I've come to really trust when he has the ball. His try against the Broncos was impressive. Such strength!

By the way, I've got another question: what are the weak links in the Panthers lineup, in your opinion? What holds them back from being among the top? Or do you think it's just a matter of this current roster becoming more experienced to go all the way?

Definitely experience but also we need another half. Yet to see whether Te'Maire Martin is ready to step up despite having a few games under his belt.

As much as Wallace has been a stop-gap solution, i think we need another hooker as well.

And then we have two centres who probably wouldn't be there but for injury. I doubt Whare will be in a Panthers jumper for much longer with his injury record so there's another spot unless we let Waqa continue which i'm fine with but he's still very raw. When fit though, i wouldn't trade Whare for anybody in the world. Perfect centre.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #132: Jul 31, 2016 09:23:51 am
      F***ing hell, Panthers.  >:(
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #133: Jul 31, 2016 11:32:31 am

Idiots.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #134: Aug 03, 2016 10:05:59 pm
      Jarryd Hayne has signed for Gold Coast Titans. I love how he said he's 'devastated' about going back on his promise to sign for the Eels. He's devastated all the way to the bank I bet. £680,000 a season, not bad eh.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #135: Aug 06, 2016 04:08:08 pm
      Jarryd Hayne has signed for Gold Coast Titans. I love how he said he's 'devastated' about going back on his promise to sign for the Eels. He's devastated all the way to the bank I bet. £680,000 a season, not bad eh.
      He's a bit of a c**t old Jarryd.
      Sick to the back teeth of hearing about him glad he's found a home and code for the moment don't want to read about him anymore.

Anyways how about them raiders hammering the Sharks just got in from that game can say thoroughly enjoyed that and they have the grubbiest set of fans in the league.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #136: Aug 08, 2016 12:18:04 am
      He's a bit of a c**t old Jarryd.
      Sick to the back teeth of hearing about him glad he's found a home and code for the moment don't want to read about him anymore.

Anyways how about them raiders hammering the Sharks just got in from that game can say thoroughly enjoyed that and they have the grubbiest set of fans in the league.

I was there as well, mate. They're the biggest cu*ts i have ever seen at any sport.

Panthers play tonight :) Win by 11 or more and we go up to 7th.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #137: Aug 08, 2016 09:42:30 am
      I was there as well, mate. They're the biggest cu*ts i have ever seen at any sport.

Panthers play tonight :) Win by 11 or more and we go up to 7th.
      Had I known could have caught up for a beer mate.

Agree on their fans utter rubbish don't mind the Panthers hope they make the 8.

Quick Reply