Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Rugby League (NRL)

Read 60686 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Rugby League (NRL)
      Reply #23: Apr 16, 2015 09:22:49 pm
      When you bash and crash for 80 minutes with no protection it is to be expected. But to have so many key players out at once is very unlucky.

Yeah I think so.
      Saints also lost much of its kicking game in the last few games due to injuries but Walsh is finally back after nearly an year out. He used to play for the Panthers, right?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24: Apr 17, 2015 05:50:17 am
      Yep Luke Walsh, Mose Masoe and Travis Burns all played for us :)

All cult heroes at our club. Walshy did ok when we were at a lower level than now - set some club records for assists in a single season and capable of brilliant things. Burnsy is a tough little nugget who fights for 80 minutes. Mose is a beaaaassssstttttttttt. He got the crowd on their feet when he charged forward.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #25: Apr 17, 2015 06:27:32 am
      When you bash and crash for 80 minutes with no protection it is to be expected. But to have so many key players out at once is very unlucky.

Dylan Walker a few weeks back played 65 minutes againg the Roosters with a broken arm.

Then we have a Sturridge and Balotelli who earn his annual wage in a week dropping like a bunch of soft cocks.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #26: Jul 01, 2015 07:02:35 pm
      Anyone got a clue on how good Adam Quinlan from Parramatta Eels is? He's just signed for St Helens: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-league/33352148

For his own sake I hope the Saints fullback curse does not affect him. This season we've lost fullbacks Jonny Lomax, Paul Wellens and Shannon McDonnell to injury. Wellens, a legend at the club, has even retired last week. Lomax and McDonnell will be only be back next year. Tommy Makinson, right winger who was being used as fullback to cover for the injured ones, also picked up an injury and will be out for a while. It's scary.

Hopefully this guy will come in and do well
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #27: Jul 03, 2015 06:52:00 pm
      Anyone got a clue on how good Adam Quinlan from Parramatta Eels is? He's just signed for St Helens: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-league/33352148

For his own sake I hope the Saints fullback curse does not affect him. This season we've lost fullbacks Jonny Lomax, Paul Wellens and Shannon McDonnell to injury. Wellens, a legend at the club, has even retired last week. Lomax and McDonnell will be only be back next year. Tommy Makinson, right winger who was being used as fullback to cover for the injured ones, also picked up an injury and will be out for a while. It's scary.

Hopefully this guy will come in and do well

He's pretty good. Quick and good ball skills but just can't get a crack at first grade.

He had Josh Dugan in front of him at Dragons and then Will Hopoate now at the Eels. Two current representative players.

Should be more than good enough if he can settle.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #28: Jul 03, 2015 07:04:20 pm
      He's pretty good. Quick and good ball skills but just can't get a crack at first grade.

He had Josh Dugan in front of him at Dragons and then Will Hopoate now at the Eels. Two current representative players.

Should be more than good enough if he can settle.

Thanks. It looks like a sensible deal for both parts... he'll probably have more chances at Saints and the Saints badly need a fullback. If it works out, then they can extend the deal for next year.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #29: Jul 03, 2015 07:16:38 pm
      Thanks. It looks like a sensible deal for both parts... he'll probably have more chances at Saints and the Saints badly need a fullback. If it works out, then they can extend the deal for next year.

No worries. I covered a game of his as part of my work experience with Panthers when we played Parramatta and he stood out easily.

He's shown enough in his time at NRL that he's good enough to play there so going to the Super League should be comfortable for him.

Shame really. Plenty of players he's better than over here. Sometimes things don't fall your way.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #30: Jul 04, 2015 06:55:46 pm
      No worries. I covered a game of his as part of my work experience with Panthers when we played Parramatta and he stood out easily.

He's shown enough in his time at NRL that he's good enough to play there so going to the Super League should be comfortable for him.

Shame really. Plenty of players he's better than over here. Sometimes things don't fall your way.

Didn't know you had a work experience with the Panthers. What did you do there?

BTW it seems Panthers have had a few positive results of late, eh? The website where I used to watch NRL games on demand no longer exists so I've only been watching the Super League. I would need a subscription to watch NRL online but I'm not willing to do that right now as I already spend too much money on that kind of stuff :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #31: Jul 04, 2015 07:03:24 pm
      Didn't know you had a work experience with the Panthers. What did you do there?

BTW it seems Panthers have had a few positive results of late, eh? The website where I used to watch NRL games on demand no longer exists so I've only been watching the Super League. I would need a subscription to watch NRL online but I'm not willing to do that right now as I already spend too much money on that kind of stuff :D

Was helping run game-day activities last season, now covering the reserve grade games (NSW Cup) on Twitter and filling in some NRL and u20's games (Holden Cup).

Panthers flying home ;) About time we have some positivity. The injuries have been insane and i can't even remember the last time we went in to two games with the same line up. Even this week Josh Mansour got ruled out late in the weekend and thats a huge loss.

Just hoping our forwards continue to lift their game because it makes it much easier. They'll have to be at their best because we had Rabbitohs this weekend, now we have Roosters at Penrith and then Melbourne in Melbourne for 3 straight weeks.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #32: Jul 04, 2015 07:19:55 pm
      Was helping run game-day activities last season, now covering the reserve grade games (NSW Cup) on Twitter and filling in some NRL and u20's games (Holden Cup).

Panthers flying home ;) About time we have some positivity. The injuries have been insane and i can't even remember the last time we went in to two games with the same line up. Even this week Josh Mansour got ruled out late in the weekend and thats a huge loss.

Just hoping our forwards continue to lift their game because it makes it much easier. They'll have to be at their best because we had Rabbitohs this weekend, now we have Roosters at Penrith and then Melbourne in Melbourne for 3 straight weeks.

Rabbitohs destroyed the Saints in the World Club Challenge :D Saints also lost to the Rhinos yesterday, pretty heavy defeat, but still 2nd in the table. The Super League doesn't seem too strong this season.

I really wanted to watch a bit more of the Panthers but it is though doing so without paying for the NRL digital pass.

Sounds like a nice work experience there mate. Do you hope to continue working with sports in the future and make a career of it? That's what I want.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #33: Jul 04, 2015 07:47:15 pm
      Rabbitohs destroyed the Saints in the World Club Challenge :D Saints also lost to the Rhinos yesterday, pretty heavy defeat, but still 2nd in the table. The Super League doesn't seem too strong this season.

I really wanted to watch a bit more of the Panthers but it is though doing so without paying for the NRL digital pass.

Sounds like a nice work experience there mate. Do you hope to continue working with sports in the future and make a career of it? That's what I want.

Remind me on Facebook closer to the weekend, i can lend you my NRL Digital Pass. If to watch live or the replays.

Yeah definitely hope to keep doing it. Halfway through a Business and Commerce degree majoring in Sports Management so i want to keep going with it. Hoping this leads to something :) At Panthers would be the dream but i don't care where really. Just anything in sport :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #34: Jul 04, 2015 08:19:38 pm
      Remind me on Facebook closer to the weekend, i can lend you my NRL Digital Pass. If to watch live or the replays.

Yeah definitely hope to keep doing it. Halfway through a Business and Commerce degree majoring in Sports Management so i want to keep going with it. Hoping this leads to something :) At Panthers would be the dream but i don't care where really. Just anything in sport :D

Thanks mate

And yeah I also just want to work with sports. I'd prefer football but it could be rugby, baseball, basketball, even Aussie rules ;D (I know you're not a fan but I've enjoyed it). Get yourself a nice job at the Panthers so you can hire me in the future. Sounds like a plan. :P
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #35: Jul 04, 2015 09:18:50 pm
      Thanks mate

And yeah I also just want to work with sports. I'd prefer football but it could be rugby, baseball, basketball, even Aussie rules ;D (I know you're not a fan but I've enjoyed it). Get yourself a nice job at the Panthers so you can hire me in the future. Sounds like a plan. :P

Deal :D Likewise. Tough field to get a proper job in but fingers crossed it works out for both of us.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #36: Jul 16, 2015 07:13:04 pm
      Quinlan scored a hat trick on debut i just seen. Well in to him.

Former Panther Walshy nails a field goal to win it!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #37: Jul 18, 2015 08:54:54 pm
      Quinlan scored a hat trick on debut i just seen. Well in to him.

Former Panther Walshy nails a field goal to win it!

Walsh had a bit of a shocker in the following game though to be honest, conceded a silly penalty which led to a Wolves try then gave away a bad pass straight into the hands of the opposition, giving away another try. He had the nerves to kick the crucial goal near the end though and Saints won again. His kicking game in general was superb even though he had a bit of an off game.

And I love Quinlan already. Seems to be super reliable catching the long kicks, scored a hat-trick within 30 minutes of his Super League debut and is definitely capable of doing some special stuff from time to time. Made a crucial run for the winning try against Warrington, take a look (he is number 37):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM_W8Dnb4uA

The play I'm talking about starts near 2:40 in the video
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #38: Jul 23, 2015 04:04:44 pm
      Saints signed Dominique Peyroux from NZ Warriors for 2016. 2 year deal. Is he any good?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #39: Jul 24, 2015 12:29:33 am
      Saints signed Dominique Peyroux from NZ Warriors for 2016. 2 year deal. Is he any good?

Yeah he's pretty good. Fringe player at the Warriors who had a run in the side until the likes of Lolohea, Hurrell and Kata broke through.

Not NRL standard (especially if Jono Wright is ahead of you in the pecking order :D ) but for the Super League he will be just fine.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #40: Sep 17, 2015 08:14:36 pm
      Not sure if this thread is for Super League as well but Leeds are getting battered at the minute at home to Castleford. 12-0 after 9 minutes. Leeds have barely had the ball.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #41: Sep 17, 2015 08:20:30 pm
      Not sure if this thread is for Super League as well but Leeds are getting battered at the minute at home to Castleford. 12-0 after 9 minutes. Leeds have barely had the ball.

Yep, let's talk Super League here as well!

Leeds looked set to do the double just a couple of weeks ago, great form in the league and Challenge Cup winners with a very professional display in the final (50-0 if I'm not mistaken), but they lost their following league games to the Saints (St Helens finally managing to beat them this year) and the Dragons. If they lose tonight as well, they'll have lost 3 in a row - wasn't expecting that!

I like it they don't look so invincible now though - as there is a very good chance the Saints will need to beat them in the semifinal in order to make it to the Grand Final.

And I have a soft spot for Castleford, they're very entertaining to watch, both of their games vs the Saints were nail biting stuff
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #42: Sep 17, 2015 08:25:51 pm
      Leeds have already equalized... :o
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #43: Sep 18, 2015 10:19:45 pm
      The Saints have just beat Wigan by 18-14. Great result. The final round should be exciting - all four semifinalists have been decided already but any combination of them in the 1st to 4th spots seem to be possible at the moment. Hoping for a top spot for the Saints, although it is unlikely.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #44: Sep 26, 2015 04:50:49 pm
      Super League semifinals have been defined:

- Leeds x St Helens
      - Wigan x Huddersfield

And the NRL Grand Final will be North Queensland Cowboys x Brisbane Broncos
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #45: Oct 02, 2015 06:42:50 pm
      Wigan beat Huddersfield last night and the Saints battle Leeds away in just a bit more than an hour for the other spot in the Grand Final. Come on you Saints! ;D

Quick Reply