Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Rugby League (NRL)

Read 60701 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Rugby League (NRL)
      Reply #46: Oct 03, 2015 09:16:53 pm
      Wigan vs Leeds in the Grand Final next week. :(

NRL Grand Final on Sunday - Broncos vs Cowboys
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #47: Oct 04, 2015 12:04:47 pm
      And the Cowboys are 2015 NRL Premiers in the best game of rugby I've ever watched.

Brisbane Broncos 16-17 North Queensland Cowboys

Johnathan Thurston!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #48: Oct 04, 2015 01:48:25 pm
      That was a stunning game. JT the varnish away from doing it in regular time, does it in golden point anyway. Bloody brilliant.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #49: Oct 04, 2015 05:54:24 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjTjUkdnL8Q

What a brilliant game that was
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #50: Oct 05, 2015 03:35:06 pm
      Gladly!

Best players - Matt Moylan, Jamie Soward, James Segeyaro. They're the spine of the team along with Peter Wallace (the captain and halfback - kind of the typical midfield playmaker in football). Pretty much one of the best spines to a team in the whole league.

Moylan is the fullback. The ball runner but he has superb hands and vision - best fullback in the game after Greg Inglis imo.

Soward is the main playmaker alongside Wallace and he is the flair in the duo. Wallace is the guy who controls the tempo.

Segeyaro is pure excitement and brilliant. Speed off the mark, small but deft and hard to tackle - best dummy-half in the game right now.

Panthers are probably the most exciting team right now because we have a very simple set up but a lot of freedom is given to the guys to throw the ball around and keep the ball moving. A lot of speed in the side and the movement of them all is first class. Watch George Jennings' try against the Gold Coast Titans on the weekend to see how everything clicks with the side.

Can't really pick out worst players. In all honesty we have a really strong team right now with the best young talent in the game. The junior development in the Penrith area is by far considered the best in the world. Largest player pool to choose from and the coaching is the best. Moylan is only 23, Jennings is 21, Waitene-Zelezniak is 19, Cartwright is 20 and a host of other young lads who support the experienced guys.

The main thing to pick up on is to see who are the most fluent sides with the best structure. The teams who play with speed and individual brilliance - everything just flows through the side seamlessly and have a high completion rate (ie. very few errors). In attack every runner knows where to be and there's always support. In defence, it's tough and determined and really hard to run through.

Watch out for the Roosters, Souths, and Panthers if you want the best teams. Avoid the Dragons, Raiders, Titans.

What has gone wrong with the Panthers this year mate? And what about your expectations for 2016?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #51: Oct 05, 2015 04:18:07 pm
      What has gone wrong with the Panthers this year mate? And what about your expectations for 2016?

Moylan - injured for the season from Round 12 onwards.

Peter Wallace - injured for almost the whole season.

Soward - missed almost half the season.

Segeyaro - missed a chunk of the middle rounds.

All due to injury.

Add key injuries to Waitene-Zelezniak, Mansour, Idriss, Whare, Plum, Kite and even the guys who came in as back up like George and Robert Jennings and it was always going to be a struggle. At one point in the season we had a full 13 man squad out injured.

Every player i listed there (except for Plum and the Jennings brothers) are internationals for Australia or New Zealand. Mansour is one of the best wingers in the game, Whare in my opinion is the best centre in the game by a margin and Moylan was leading the assist charts and winning the Dally M (player of the season award in the NRL) after 12 rounds before he was out for the season.

All in all i think our spine of Segeyaro, Wallace, Soward and Moylan played no more than 170 minutes on the field at the same time throughout the whole season.

It's like taking Pique, Rakitic, Iniesta and Messi out of the Barca side.

Our reserve team and u20's made up most of our First Grade side by the end of the season. And we still managed to finish the season as Minor Premiers and Premiers in the u20's comp and came equal top of the reserve grade competition. So plenty to be hopeful about going forward.

We add Trent Merrin to our forward pack next season after losing Kite and Plum (as well as Sika Manu but that's more like a gain than a loss...he is awful). Merrin is a top quality signing and i can't wait for him to start. We also add some quality youngsters to our roster for depth like Viliame Kikau from the Cowboys u20s side and he was immense for them this season and Te Maire Martin who is a halfback from the Tigers who has big wraps on him. Sione Matagi and Ben Garcia will come in as decent back up to a very solid back row as well.

We will look something like this next year:

Moylan
      Waitene-Zelezniak
      Whare
      Idriss
      Mansour
      Soward
      Wallace
      Campbell-Gillard
      Segeyaro
      Mckendry
      Merrin
      Cartwright
      Taylor

That team beats anyone on any day. You'd be hard pressed to find a better team on paper than that in the comp. Wouldn't trade it for anyone.

But, unlike the past two seasons, we need to keep them fit and on the field at the same time. If we do then we will probably make top four and go very deep in to the finals.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #52: Oct 05, 2015 05:11:56 pm
      Moylan - injured for the season from Round 12 onwards.

Peter Wallace - injured for almost the whole season.

Soward - missed almost half the season.

Segeyaro - missed a chunk of the middle rounds.

All due to injury.

Add key injuries to Waitene-Zelezniak, Mansour, Idriss, Whare, Plum, Kite and even the guys who came in as back up like George and Robert Jennings and it was always going to be a struggle. At one point in the season we had a full 13 man squad out injured.

Every player i listed there (except for Plum and the Jennings brothers) are internationals for Australia or New Zealand. Mansour is one of the best wingers in the game, Whare in my opinion is the best centre in the game by a margin and Moylan was leading the assist charts and winning the Dally M (player of the season award in the NRL) after 12 rounds before he was out for the season.

All in all i think our spine of Segeyaro, Wallace, Soward and Moylan played no more than 170 minutes on the field at the same time throughout the whole season.

It's like taking Pique, Rakitic, Iniesta and Messi out of the Barca side.

Our reserve team and u20's made up most of our First Grade side by the end of the season. And we still managed to finish the season as Minor Premiers and Premiers in the u20's comp and came equal top of the reserve grade competition. So plenty to be hopeful about going forward.

We add Trent Merrin to our forward pack next season after losing Kite and Plum (as well as Sika Manu but that's more like a gain than a loss...he is awful). Merrin is a top quality signing and i can't wait for him to start. We also add some quality youngsters to our roster for depth like Viliame Kikau from the Cowboys u20s side and he was immense for them this season and Te Maire Martin who is a halfback from the Tigers who has big wraps on him. Sione Matagi and Ben Garcia will come in as decent back up to a very solid back row as well.

We will look something like this next year:

Moylan
      Waitene-Zelezniak
      Whare
      Idriss
      Mansour
      Soward
      Wallace
      Campbell-Gillard
      Segeyaro
      Mckendry
      Merrin
      Cartwright
      Taylor

That team beats anyone on any day. You'd be hard pressed to find a better team on paper than that in the comp. Wouldn't trade it for anyone.

But, unlike the past two seasons, we need to keep them fit and on the field at the same time. If we do then we will probably make top four and go very deep in to the finals.

Thanks for that. I'm looking forward to next season and to watching more of the Panthers, particularly Moylan as for some reason I love fullbacks and he seems to be a top quality one.

Speaking of fullbacks, I watched both Preliminary Finals and thought Melbourne Storm's FB had a really good match - his name was Munster, how good is he?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #53: Oct 05, 2015 05:35:16 pm
      Thanks for that. I'm looking forward to next season and to watching more of the Panthers, particularly Moylan as for some reason I love fullbacks and he seems to be a top quality one.

Speaking of fullbacks, I watched both Preliminary Finals and thought Melbourne Storm's FB had a really good match - his name was Munster, how good is he?

He's excellent. Probably, like Moylan, will end up being a five-eighth as he matures and grows.

Billy Slater's injury opened an opportunity for him and he's taken it with both hands. Unfortunately he'll probably be restricted to the wing next season as Matt Duffie's replacement.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #54: Oct 05, 2015 07:14:07 pm
      I really enjoy watching Rugby League, its a shame the NRL games don't get shown over here. I might have to try and keep up with the schedules and watch a few games online next season depending on what time they're on at.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #55: Oct 05, 2015 07:25:45 pm
      I really enjoy watching Rugby League, its a shame the NRL games don't get shown over here. I might have to try and keep up with the schedules and watch a few games online next season depending on what time they're on at.

I think some games must start around the early morning in the UK? The Grand Final, for instance, probably started around 9am there, because in Brazil it was 5am! It's pretty difficult for me to watch anything from Australia live (although sometimes I do), but mostly I rely on torrents and stuff like that.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #56: Oct 05, 2015 08:19:36 pm
      I think some games must start around the early morning in the UK? The Grand Final, for instance, probably started around 9am there, because in Brazil it was 5am! It's pretty difficult for me to watch anything from Australia live (although sometimes I do), but mostly I rely on torrents and stuff like that.

Yes, I imagine they do if the times of the A-League fixtures are anything to go by. I'll probably just watch the weekend games.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #57: Oct 22, 2015 01:55:01 am
      Panthers got a new coach. What should I think of him?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #58: Oct 22, 2015 03:48:45 am
      Wait and see. I'm not even sure.

He built the team at Brisbane that ended up making the Grand Final this season so he has pedigree. But he has some interesting decisions to make with our squad. He has time to make those decisions with pre-season not even starting yet.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #59: Nov 14, 2015 01:33:19 am
      Pretty cool seeing the NZ Kiwis being well received by LFC and even doing the Haka at Melwood!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #60: Jan 27, 2016 10:35:36 pm
      Mitchell Pearce what an absolute fuckwit that guy is.

Idiots and the long repertoire of incidents like that are putting me off the NRL.

Fuckn embarrassing.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #61: Feb 20, 2016 08:55:25 pm
      Watching this World Club Series has been the most boring thing ever. The English clubs just get battered :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #62: Feb 21, 2016 04:40:24 pm
      Just like last year!

Leeds were spanked by Widnes last weekend, can't seem them getting past Thurston and co.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #63: Feb 21, 2016 06:42:21 pm
      Just like last year!

Leeds were spanked by Widnes last weekend, can't seem them getting past Thurston and co.

Exactly! They all got spanked then too :D As if the Super League agreed to extend the original one off game to a 3 match series, it just creates even more embarrassment for them.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #64: Feb 21, 2016 07:41:03 pm
      Oh this is MUCH better though. Leeds are actually putting up a fight against the NRL champions. Very good to watch.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #65: Feb 21, 2016 07:44:00 pm
      Oh this is MUCH better though. Leeds are actually putting up a fight against the NRL champions. Very good to watch.

I'm shocked. They've been terrible so far this season. They could and should probably be in front too.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #66: Feb 21, 2016 07:48:54 pm
      I'm shocked. They've been terrible so far this season. They could and should probably be in front too.

Yeah both conversion attempts were poor but Leeds' was particularly easy, Sinfield probably would have scored that and put them in front!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #67: Feb 21, 2016 08:33:46 pm
      Well it looks like game over. The Aussie's have turned it on in this second half.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #68: Feb 21, 2016 08:36:09 pm
      The demolition we were expecting from the start only began in the 2nd half, but the Cowboys did not disappoint.

Gonna be nice watching the Panthers in the World Club Challenge next year! ;D

Quick Reply