Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Rugby League (NRL)

Read 60685 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Rugby League (NRL)
      Reply #161: Sep 11, 2016 08:55:26 am
      Moylan and Mansour at the top of their game are a joy to watch.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #162: Sep 11, 2016 09:08:49 am
      Townsville and GIO next week. Still a home advantage until week 3 of the finals.

Was confident all week. Now I reckon we will lose.

Well deserved win for you boys should be a cracker on Saturday without Hodgson though I think you will have too much for us.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #163: Sep 11, 2016 06:49:26 pm
      Is there a team with better wingers than Mansour and Zelesniak? I havent watched much of NRL apart from Panthers games but I find it hard to believe.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #164: Sep 12, 2016 03:50:16 am
      Well deserved win for you boys should be a cracker on Saturday without Hodgson though I think you will have too much for us.

Tickets and transport booked. I'm buzzing already.

Absolutely loved that second half with my Bulldog supporting best mate next to me :D He's copped it all day. We were sensational in the second half.

BUT! The good teams won't let us do that to them. Dogs were soft. Going to be an absolute cracker against the Raiders. I reckon we'll win that if we get on top of the Raiders forwards.

Is there a team with better wingers than Mansour and Zelesniak? I havent watched much of NRL apart from Panthers games but I find it hard to believe.

Maybe Melbourne at the moment with Koroibete and Vunuvalu could only challenge us. But i think we have the best wingers in the game right now.

Both ran for over 200m i think and Sauce, with Moylan, took the piss out of the Dogs in the second half.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #165: Sep 12, 2016 04:37:05 am
      Maybe Melbourne at the moment with Koroibete and Vunuvalu could only challenge us. But i think we have the best wingers in the game right now.

Both ran for over 200m i think and Sauce, with Moylan, took the piss out of the Dogs in the second half.

I'm still amazed with how good that 2nd half was. I got up at 3am to watch the game and was feeling a bit let down in the 1st half though I kept confident we would win it. I wasn't expecting such a masterclass from Moylan and Mansour though. Also, Cleary - he was born 10 f**king years after me! 1997. I mean, 1997!!! He shouldn't be allowed to be that good :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #166: Sep 12, 2016 07:03:26 am
      I'm still amazed with how good that 2nd half was. I got up at 3am to watch the game and was feeling a bit let down in the 1st half though I kept confident we would win it. I wasn't expecting such a masterclass from Moylan and Mansour though. Also, Cleary - he was born 10 f**king years after me! 1997. I mean, 1997!!! He shouldn't be allowed to be that good :D

He's brilliant. Being able to change the team midway this season and have an 18 year old take over this team has been a God send.

I think this game would've done the likes of Cartwright and Cleary the world of good. Tough contest in the first half and had to lead the side to grind out a win. Cartwright was disappointing but he'll have a week to work on his game for the Raiders.

Cleary would've learnt a lot about how he has to take control in the final 20m and use his kicking game. Don't think he played one kick behind the defence when we had the ball in their half. Gonna need to earn repeat sets against the best teams in the comp to score points.

We were awesome. But Melbourne and North Queensland won't let us do that. Raiders just might.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #167: Sep 12, 2016 01:23:45 pm
      He's brilliant. Being able to change the team midway this season and have an 18 year old take over this team has been a God send.

I think this game would've done the likes of Cartwright and Cleary the world of good. Tough contest in the first half and had to lead the side to grind out a win. Cartwright was disappointing but he'll have a week to work on his game for the Raiders.

Cleary would've learnt a lot about how he has to take control in the final 20m and use his kicking game. Don't think he played one kick behind the defence when we had the ball in their half. Gonna need to earn repeat sets against the best teams in the comp to score points.

We were awesome. But Melbourne and North Queensland won't let us do that. Raiders just might.

I'll try to watch the other qualifying and elimination finals to get a better idea of who we might be facing. I watched a bit of the Cowboys and the Broncos earlier in the season as they were last year's finalists but other than that I know very little about other clubs. I do remember Melbourne have a fullback I thought was very, very good last year - Munster was his name. But that's all.

As for Cleary, do you expect him to become one of the elite halfbacks in the NRL? I mean, he's already making quite a big impact at such a young age.

Not sure if I mentioned before, but I bought at ticket for the Rugby League Four Nations Final which will be at Anfield later this year (November I think). I wouldn't mind an Australia v England game!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #168: Sep 12, 2016 01:30:38 pm
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #169: Sep 12, 2016 01:42:38 pm
      Tickets and transport booked. I'm buzzing already.

Absolutely loved that second half with my Bulldog supporting best mate next to me :D He's copped it all day. We were sensational in the second half.

BUT! The good teams won't let us do that to them. Dogs were soft. Going to be an absolute cracker against the Raiders. I reckon we'll win that if we get on top of the Raiders forwards.

Nice one mate I won't be doing the trip this time around have my soccer presentation on.

Hodgson has been ruled out but Austin is set to return kind of liking a lot of the focus and media attention being on you blokes we can fly under the radar.

Surely Leilua and Rapana can't be quiet two weeks in a row expecting a big performance on the right hand edge from them.

Enjoy the Viking clap :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #170: Sep 12, 2016 01:59:04 pm

I love this. Me and my mate love Joel Caine. So good!

I'll respond to your post very soon. On my phone.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #171: Sep 12, 2016 02:26:54 pm
      I'll try to watch the other qualifying and elimination finals to get a better idea of who we might be facing. I watched a bit of the Cowboys and the Broncos earlier in the season as they were last year's finalists but other than that I know very little about other clubs. I do remember Melbourne have a fullback I thought was very, very good last year - Munster was his name. But that's all.

As for Cleary, do you expect him to become one of the elite halfbacks in the NRL? I mean, he's already making quite a big impact at such a young age.

Not sure if I mentioned before, but I bought at ticket for the Rugby League Four Nations Final which will be at Anfield later this year (November I think). I wouldn't mind an Australia v England game!

Munster has kicked on to become one of the best in the league. Outstanding year.

Broncos and Cowboys will be a battle of the halves and that depends on their forwards. I just think Cowboys have them covered there and should win.

Cleary has been phenomenal. The things he is lacking at the moment is stuff that comes with experience like the 5th tackle and how to construct a set in the attacking half. Even then, we have Wally and Moyza calling the shots too so he's got a lot of support.

He has it all, skillwise. Amazing kicking game, creativity with his passing, likes to take the line on and pretty quick on his feet. His composure and control is outstanding, too.

He'll be at the very top for a long time, injuries persisting.

That's awesome. Kiwis vs Australia would probably be the better game but either of those three will put on a show.

Nice one mate I won't be doing the trip this time around have my soccer presentation on.

Hodgson has been ruled out but Austin is set to return kind of liking a lot of the focus and media attention being on you blokes we can fly under the radar.

Surely Leilua and Rapana can't be quiet two weeks in a row expecting a big performance on the right hand edge from them.

Enjoy the Viking clap :)

Early mail from my journo mate is Hodgson definitely out and Ricky will give Austin until the last minute but right now he is pencilled in to play.

Going to be one of the games of the year. So many points in each team. The media focus has been on us for a while now given the hype around all our youngsters + Moylan stepping up and Wallace reborn at hooker. Don't think that will phase us.

Leilua has had a field day against us each time we met, even back at his time at the Knights. Very wary of him. Thankfully they're on Peachey and Mansour's wing which is our better wing for defence (jinxed it, now).

Can't wait for the viking clap. It's looked amazing on TV. So good for the NRL to have atmosphere like that.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #172: Sep 12, 2016 02:47:01 pm
      Munster has kicked on to become one of the best in the league. Outstanding year.

Broncos and Cowboys will be a battle of the halves and that depends on their forwards. I just think Cowboys have them covered there and should win.

Cleary has been phenomenal. The things he is lacking at the moment is stuff that comes with experience like the 5th tackle and how to construct a set in the attacking half. Even then, we have Wally and Moyza calling the shots too so he's got a lot of support.

He has it all, skillwise. Amazing kicking game, creativity with his passing, likes to take the line on and pretty quick on his feet. His composure and control is outstanding, too.

That's awesome. Kiwis vs Australia would probably be the better game but either of those three will put on a show.

I love Johnathan Thurston so I'll want the Cowboys to progress. I would love the Panthers to win the GF against them. But perhaps I'm thinking too far ahead here. Haha

The commentators during the game were giving a lot of praise for Peter Wallace. He really has been very solid of late, keeps things ticking as the team has been doing really fast play the balls. They also said the Panthers are a joy to watch when they're at their best and you've got to agree. That Wallace try was a joy to behold. The quick passing from Moylan to Mansour and back to Moylan. Great work by Yeo and then even better from Peachey. It was awesome.

As for the Four Nations, I'm seriously considering also buying tickets for some other game(s), but this will depend on being able to travel. There will be games in cities such as Hull, Coventry and London. The Kiwis are cool to watch but it would be nice to see the home team getting to the final, and if they do so I would want it to be against Australia. Hopefully with some Panthers players on it.

What's the Viking clap you've both mentioned? Like Iceland in the Euros?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #173: Sep 12, 2016 03:00:28 pm
      I love Johnathan Thurston so I'll want the Cowboys to progress. I would love the Panthers to win the GF against them. But perhaps I'm thinking too far ahead here. Haha

The commentators during the game were giving a lot of praise for Peter Wallace. He really has been very solid of late, keeps things ticking as the team has been doing really fast play the balls. They also said the Panthers are a joy to watch when they're at their best and you've got to agree. That Wallace try was a joy to behold. The quick passing from Moylan to Mansour and back to Moylan. Great work by Yeo and then even better from Peachey. It was awesome.

As for the Four Nations, I'm seriously considering also buying tickets for some other game(s), but this will depend on being able to travel. There will be games in cities such as Hull, Coventry and London. The Kiwis are cool to watch but it would be nice to see the home team getting to the final, and if they do so I would want it to be against Australia. Hopefully with some Panthers players on it.

Yep the Raiders "adopted" it after the Euros and its featured at the last handful of games. Last game was a sell out so 250000 people going it was spine tingling.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #174: Sep 12, 2016 03:01:42 pm

Early mail from my journo mate is Hodgson definitely out and Ricky will give Austin until the last minute but right now he is pencilled in to play.

Going to be one of the games of the year. So many points in each team. The media focus has been on us for a while now given the hype around all our youngsters + Moylan stepping up and Wallace reborn at hooker. Don't think that will phase us.

Leilua has had a field day against us each time we met, even back at his time at the Knights. Very wary of him. Thankfully they're on Peachey and Mansour's wing which is our better wing for defence (jinxed it, now).

Can't wait for the viking clap. It's looked amazing on TV. So good for the NRL to have atmosphere like that.

Mate either way it will be a cracking game get on to tickets early as I'm hearing it will be a sell out again.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #175: Sep 12, 2016 03:18:31 pm
      Yep the Raiders "adopted" it after the Euros and its featured at the last handful of games. Last game was a sell out so 250000 people going it was spine tingling.

Must be nice to be part of it in the stadium! At some point I thought some Brazilian football club would pick it up but I haven't seen any trying it.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #176: Sep 12, 2016 03:29:37 pm
      Mate either way it will be a cracking game get on to tickets early as I'm hearing it will be a sell out again.

All done mate. In the Panthers section and jumping on the fan bus on the way there and back. They went lightning quick.

I wasn't his biggest fan to start with but he has won me over completely.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #177: Sep 14, 2016 03:00:48 pm
      All done mate. In the Panthers section and jumping on the fan bus on the way there and back. They went lightning quick.

I wasn't his biggest fan to start with but he has won me over completely.

20000 tickets sold so far with a quarter of those being panthers fans.

I'm reading Austin will play 100% still unsure on Hodgson either way should be a cracker!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #178: Sep 14, 2016 04:48:29 pm
      20000 tickets sold so far with a quarter of those being panthers fans.

I'm reading Austin will play 100% still unsure on Hodgson either way should be a cracker!

Almost certain Hodgson is out but Blake Austin will be playing.

Adam Clydsdale will start and Kurt Baptiste will come off the bench.

Got well over a dozen buses heading down from the club to Canberra. I cannot wait!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #179: Sep 16, 2016 04:54:41 pm
      Thurston is out of this world
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #180: Sep 16, 2016 06:12:38 pm

Game of the season. What a slog between those forwards.

Hilarious that Darius Boyd did a Ben Hunt :D
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #181: Sep 17, 2016 01:36:58 pm
      Raiders!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #182: Sep 18, 2016 05:29:53 am
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #183: Sep 18, 2016 06:13:52 am

I'm sorry but I need to hate your team for all eternity. This was the first time I saw the Panthers in the finals. Heartbreaking.

Quick Reply