Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The Jordan Henderson Contract Situation [Signed 23 April 2015]

Read 22010 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Re: The Henderson Contract Situation
      Reply #46: Mar 30, 2015 07:19:39 pm
      Or maybe Sterling's agent is happy to leak out this "information" to get some other clubs interested?

Of course FL and I think both may well be happening.

It could be one of those one's that the player would be open to a move and the club would be quite willing to let it happen if the price is right.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #47: Mar 30, 2015 07:25:14 pm
      Of course FL and I think both may well be happening.

It could be one of those one's that the player would be open to a move and the club would be quite willing to let it happen if the price is right.

I find it hard to believe the club would be so willing to let Sterling walk. As much as I've viewed his meteoric rise with skepticism, I think if he stays with us he is likely going to be world class player at some point.

I've been as hard on him as anyone but he's got the tools, he just needs the right boss (I think Brendan is perfect for him).

But you still have to factor in HIS dreams and goals and as much as I'm sure it's hard to hear...we just might not be his "dream club".

If that's the case and we are bound to lose him at some point...then I suppose we should get as much as we can out of him.

Although I'm not confident we'd spend that money right anyway.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #48: Mar 30, 2015 07:32:21 pm
      Or maybe Sterling's agent is happy to leak out this "information" to get some other clubs interested?

All that would go on mate without needing to make it public

It's more likely his wage demand here is being driven by what his agent is aware another club(s) will offer him
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #49: Mar 30, 2015 07:38:04 pm
      All that would go on mate without needing to make it public

It's more likely his wage demand here is being driven by what his agent is aware another club(s) will offer him

You could always send Henderson a P.M.  or his agent.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #50: Mar 30, 2015 08:54:12 pm
      "Hendo is just Hendo" because so far, no one from either party has leaked information to the press of him demanding to be paid more than he's worth. If we suddenly find out that Henderson is demanding to be paid £150,000 you'll soon see opinion of him change. As you said yourself earlier, he and his agent are doing a far better job at managing the fans than Sterling's camp is.

But there have been reports that he's turned down £80k and is wanting more like £120k.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #51: Mar 30, 2015 10:27:01 pm
      So Raheems silence is the best justification you can come up with for being called a c**t opposed to Mr "keeping you in the loop with semantics" Hendo, who you feel is NOT a c**t....lolololo..lolololololo.

Well that separates them dramatically..lololololo lo

Who exactly is calling Sterling a c**t? I'm in the Henderson contract thread and merely posted that I feel more confident in Henderson signing a contract than Sterling because Henderson has come out and said he wants to be here for years to come.

Are both greedy? perhaps, perhaps not, who knows what they were offered, but lets put it this way, if we could get double the wages, bonuses and signing on fees at another club, I can understand them asking for more, because I certainty would, and I'm sure the majority of us would as well if in their shoes.

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #52: Mar 31, 2015 12:07:20 pm
      Liverpool supporters man...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #53: Mar 31, 2015 12:50:52 pm
      Remembers the abuse John Barnes got for asking for £10,000 a week.

Nothing new!!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #54: Mar 31, 2015 07:53:08 pm
      Remembers the abuse John Barnes got for asking for £10,000 a week.

Nothing new!!

He was worth every penny though Huyton, Henderson and Sterling are nowhere near his class at the moment. If they reach his class and they sign long term contracts we will have been blessed.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #55: Apr 06, 2015 07:51:53 am
      Reports today of him rejecting an £80k a week contract and of Chelsea interest.

Hopefully not true for all sorts of reasons but one thing is for sure, the media are having a F***ing field day. Wednesday's game keeps getting bigger and bigger.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #56: Apr 06, 2015 08:05:17 am
      He was worth every penny though Huyton, Henderson and Sterling are nowhere near his class at the moment. If they reach his class and they sign long term contracts we will have been blessed.

Exactly.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #57: Apr 06, 2015 09:36:00 am
      Hendo's situation has slipped under the radar somewhat due to Raheem's publicity.

Anyone else getting a little twitchy on this?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6945 
      Reply #58: Apr 06, 2015 09:40:56 am
      Almost comical that Liverpool have effectively anointed next season's captain whilst seemingly to have forgotten ensuring they were on a long term contract.

Ian Ayre's brilliant isn't he.  Really across the whole organisation.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #59: Apr 06, 2015 09:43:34 am
      Almost comical that Liverpool have effectively anointed next season's captain whilst seemingly to have forgotten ensuring they were on a long term contract.

Ian Ayre's brilliant isn't he.  Really across the whole organisation.

Comical yet depressingly typical JD.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #60: Apr 06, 2015 11:15:29 am
      Just read that Chelsea are willing to bid for him in the summer.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #61: Apr 06, 2015 11:17:25 am
      Hendo's situation has slipped under the radar somewhat due to Raheem's publicity.

I am mate.

There's also journos putting 2+2 together with City, needing a midfield revamp and also lacking homegrown players.  Jordans stock is pretty high at the moment at a time where any sale fee for him is almost all profit, it's not beyond us to consider a sale.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #62: Apr 06, 2015 11:19:08 am

Not in the slightest.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #63: Apr 06, 2015 01:35:26 pm
      Not worried about Henderson to be honest, think he understands that we are the best place for him right now. If he doesn't understand that then I'd be worried about his footballing brain.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #64: Apr 06, 2015 01:40:16 pm
      Hendo will stay, pretty confident about that, although slightly concerned that the club seem to take that for granted.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #65: Apr 06, 2015 01:43:59 pm
      Not worried about Henderson to be honest, think he understands that we are the best place for him right now. If he doesn't understand that then I'd be worried about his footballing brain.

Not having a dig, but I never understand this point of view.

I would expect a professional footballers self-belief to be sky high, otherwise they would never make it as a pro. Any top player who doesn't believe they could walk into another team wouldn't remain at the top for very long in my opinion.

I honestly think if Raheem or Hendo left or were considering leaving they wouldn't say 'this is the best place for my development' because they would have the belief they will make it regardless of where they play.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #66: Apr 06, 2015 01:44:00 pm
      Personally I think he sees himself as an adopted red that's found his home. No worries for me.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #67: Apr 06, 2015 01:47:44 pm
      Not having a dig, but I never understand this point of view.

I would expect a professional footballers self-belief to be sky high, otherwise they would never make it as a pro. Any top player who doesn't believe they could walk into another team wouldn't remain at the top for very long in my opinion.

I honestly think if Raheem or Hendo left or were considering leaving they wouldn't say 'this is the best place for my development' because they would have the belief they will make it regardless of where they play.

So you think Hendo thinks he could go to Real Madrid right now and start?

If he thinks that then it has nothing to do with self belief, it means he's delusional.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #68: Apr 06, 2015 01:55:22 pm
      So you think Hendo thinks he could go to Real Madrid right now and start?

If he thinks that then it has nothing to do with self belief, it means he's delusional.

I don't think he's go join a club believing he was going to sit on the bench at all.

I may sound nonsensical to fans looking in, but like I say, if a professional athlete hasn't got self-belief then they aren't going to get very far.

Quick Reply