Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

The Jordan Henderson Contract Situation [Signed 23 April 2015]

Read 22232 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Re: The Henderson Contract Situation
      Reply #69: Apr 06, 2015 02:05:33 pm
      I don't think he's go join a club believing he was going to sit on the bench at all.

I may sound nonsensical to fans looking in, but like I say, if a professional athlete hasn't got self-belief then they aren't going to get very far.

I think the answer is nuanced. If it were me, I would understand that going to a club like Madrid, it would take a lot of hard work for me to break into the starting 11. I'm not saying he should think he would go there just to ride the bench, but to think that he'd walk into their starting 11 to me is the nonsensical part. I understand where you are coming from though.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #70: Apr 06, 2015 03:03:42 pm
      As much as I like Henderson and think he's one of the most important players in our side -- sh*t, we lost the title with his red card -- I reckon he's probably more replaceable than Sterling if the situation ever got that bad. There are better and more consistent CMs out there, albeit at a pretty high price.

I don't have any worries whatsoever that he signs a new contract here though.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #71: Apr 06, 2015 04:49:01 pm
      Think Jordan will stay and be at the club for many years to come ,the fans have taken to him and he is vice captain.
      Don't see this as anything like sterlings contract issues .
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #72: Apr 06, 2015 08:31:20 pm
      Think the world of Jordan but i think it's inevitable that he will consider a move in the Summer. With Gerrard going and Raheem looking to leave i think it's highly likely that a few other players will look to leave, Coutinho included.

Not one of our signings has been a statement of intent, the players see this. It's a sad thing to say but it is true.

Does anyone think that a top top player is going to come here in the Summer when players are looking to leave?
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #73: Apr 06, 2015 08:58:50 pm
      Can't see him leaving. Though Man City or Chelsea might be interested considering he's English.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #74: Apr 06, 2015 09:08:27 pm
      Can't see him leaving. Though Man City or Chelsea might be interested considering he's English.

No way Chelsea would be interested in Hendo, have you seen the technically gifted midfielders they have.
      City might be interested but only to boost their home grown quota and not for his football abilities.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      Reply #75: Apr 06, 2015 10:44:12 pm
      No way Chelsea would be interested in Hendo, have you seen the technically gifted midfielders they have.
      City might be interested but only to boost their home grown quota and not for his football abilities.

Rumour is that Mourinho is looking for a back up for Matic. Henderson would be the ideal man.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      Reply #76: Apr 06, 2015 10:51:44 pm
      As much as I like Henderson and think he's one of the most important players in our side -- sh*t, we lost the title with his red card -- I reckon he's probably more replaceable than Sterling if the situation ever got that bad. There are better and more consistent CMs out there, albeit at a pretty high price.

I don't have any worries whatsoever that he signs a new contract here though.

Therein lies the problem though. There are indeed better midfielders out there but we will never pay the wages for them. Bearing in mind we are still to find a replacement for Gerrard.

Worrying times.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #77: Apr 06, 2015 10:52:37 pm
      Rumour is that Mourinho is looking for a back up for Matic. Henderson would be the ideal man.

I doubt Mourinho is that daft signing a CM to cover for a DM.

Like I said earlier Henderson would be lucky to make the Chelsea bench.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      Reply #78: Apr 06, 2015 10:58:56 pm

I doubt Mourinho is that daft signing a CM to cover for a DM.

Like I said earlier Henderson would be lucky to make the Chelsea bench.

Henderson could do the Matic role quite easily. Matic is primarily the destroyer. Henderson is a hunter, very similar to Matic. They both break the opposition down and regain possession of the ball.

I'm not saying he'd get into the starting eleven, Mourinho is looking for back up.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #79: Apr 06, 2015 11:02:37 pm
      Henderson could do the Matic role quite easily. Matic is primarily the destroyer. Henderson is a hunter, very similar to Matic. They both break the opposition down and regain possession of the ball.

I'm not saying he'd get into the starting eleven, Mourinho is looking for back up.

Matic play primarily as a DM protecting his back 4, Henderson has never played that role because his main strengths apart from his stamina is making runs beyond the last man into the opposition box.

Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #80: Apr 06, 2015 11:35:27 pm
      Henderson, whenever the contract issue has been brought up, has indicated he intends to sign, but is focusing on his football for now. I am not worried in the slightest. Also whilst Henderson wouldn't displace Matic or Fabregas, he is better than the rest of Chelsea's midfield and if they were fortunate enough to acquire him, they would be foolish to not play him as part of a 3 man midfield.
      Criminally underrated by some on here.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #81: Apr 07, 2015 12:53:26 am
      The difference in opinion of the fans between Hendo and Sterling is unreal.. Even before Sterlings clusterfuck of an interview..

I'm watching fans casually discuss where Hendo could fit into other teams minus ANY venom whatsoever...?

Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #82: Apr 07, 2015 01:18:08 am
      The difference in opinion of the fans between Hendo and Sterling is unreal.. Even before Sterlings clusterfuck of an interview..

I'm watching fans casually discuss where Hendo could fit into other teams minus ANY venom whatsoever...?

Oh, I'd be livid if he went. I just don't believe he wants to go. I can't say the same about Sterling.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #83: Apr 07, 2015 03:49:39 am

Hendo isn't negotiating through the media via his agent.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,881 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #84: Apr 07, 2015 08:50:07 am
      Let's just hope that IF the Club decides to sell ( AND ITS A BIG IF) Hendo to Citeh, they are not dumb enough to do a straight swap for Milner. Nothing surprises me these days with the powers that be at LFC.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #85: Apr 07, 2015 10:47:22 am
      Hendo isn't negotiating through the media via his agent.

He did that interview 5 minutes ago mate..What justified the difference in attitude before then...? The difference was huge..

I also only remember Brendan flaunting Raheem as a world class prospect and openly talking about contractual issues a while back before his agent spoke through the media??.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #86: Apr 07, 2015 10:50:55 am
      He did that interview 5 minutes ago mate..What justified the difference in attitude before then...? The difference was huge..

I also only remember Brendan flaunting Raheem as a world class prospect and openly talking about contractual issues a while back before his agent spoke through the media??.

sterling and his pimp have previous on the last contract he signed
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #87: Apr 07, 2015 12:09:53 pm
      Let's just hope that IF the Club decides to sell ( AND ITS A BIG IF) Hendo to Citeh, they are not dumb enough to do a straight swap for Milner. Nothing surprises me these days with the powers that be at LFC.

I doubt we'd do a straight swap for a player that is out of contract.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #88: Apr 07, 2015 12:12:56 pm

Henderson was asked and said he was waiting until the summer so he could concentrate on his football.

He did no such thing as Sterling has done/is doing.

I've not heard Jordan's agent say anything??
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,881 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #89: Apr 08, 2015 11:25:52 am
      I doubt we'd do a straight swap for a player that is out of contract.

I never thought we would let Stevie G play for any other Club, ever!
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #90: Apr 08, 2015 12:47:19 pm
      So you think Hendo thinks he could go to Real Madrid right now and start?

If he thinks that then it has nothing to do with self belief, it means he's delusional.
      Could'nt agree more.Henderson is just another poor player who has been indulged for far too long.Part of our problems and nothin to do with the solution.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #91: Apr 08, 2015 01:58:51 pm
      Could'nt agree more.Henderson is just another poor player who has been indulged for far too long.Part of our problems and nothin to do with the solution.

I don't think you are agreeing with me. I don't think Henderson is a poor player. I just don't think he's starting caliber for one of the top teams in the world.

Quick Reply