Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      77 (60.6%)
      Emre Can
      1 (0.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      12 (9.4%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      1 (0.8%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Raheem Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      31 (24.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (3.1%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      1 (0.8%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Steven Gerrard
      0 (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Voting closed: Mar 21, 2015 09:57:01 pm

Swansea City 0-1 Liverpool: In game and post match pleasure

Read 31954 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Swansea City 0-1 Liverpool: In game and post match pleasure
      Reply #621: Mar 17, 2015 10:35:38 pm
      I'm not a fan of Allen, and massively prefer Reina to Mign, but both had very good games yesterday.
      The back 3 were pretty good. But the midfield and attack movement and passing were largely sh*t.

Sturridge doesn't look fully fit. I think he's also struggling a bit without the space Suarez would give him.

Our win rate is very, very good this yr. But many games are very, very close. If teams start rumbling our tactics/one or two players, who knows what the effect could be. Infact who would have expected a shitty team like Swansea to dominate in the 1st half so much.

I cant understand why some people think being in a Europa Cup slot at this stage is something to applaud.

Christ almighty you really are a F***ing bollocksmith of the highest order.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #622: Mar 19, 2015 12:17:33 pm
      says it all really that our GK is MOTM for this one as we didnt really show up till 2nd half and took great pressing from hendo and a lucky deflection but they all count. i just hope now we are resting longer between games we can turn up the level again come Sunday.
      Andy Phillips
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #623: Mar 19, 2015 02:58:28 pm
      Thought that we never got going in 1st half. Swansea are a tidy side and a win there is very creditable considering we've not beaten them there since they gained promotion under a certain Mr Rodgers. We lacked energy in the first half but still managed to have a shot or two. When Brendan changed it in 2nd half, playing Sterling in a more attacking position and playing a diamond formation, we began to look more threatening. It was obvious they'd had a good telling off at the break as the reds upped the pace and their pressing.

I'd take a 1-0 win all day long.

It's a two way tie to who was mom in Mig and Joe Allen - who to my mind was there all the time when we lost the ball. Skrtel and Hendo also did well. Sturridge still looks a bit rusty but hopefully the more games he plays the better he'll become. At least he's getting into scoring positions and with a tad of lady luck, could have made it 2-0 at the end and also he played that great ball into Sterling as well. There's no way can we afford to start so poorly on Sunday. ;)

Quick Reply