Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Chin up

Read 1001 times
      Gavster red
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 1 posts |
      Chin up
      Apr 05, 2015 04:35:45 pm
      Hi,

35 year old red here; just wanted to convey my feelings of late....

These are fairly testing times to be a red. The two recent defeats have, bar a miracle, destroyed our chances of getting top 4. Its just too large a deficit to claw back. The last two seasons have been particularly emotional. The horrendous heartache from just missing out on the title last season is still prevalent in my mind; it was our best chance for years to end our title drought and i dont think we will have another crack for at least 2 seasons. The taunts from the manc filth, chelsea scum etc have struck deep (which has compounded my loathing for those clubs even more, any chance to ram their insults back down their throats in the future will be seized upon with both hands) and we are often the subject of mockery, because we are by and large disliked by neutral supporters. Anyway its something we just have to take on the chin.

We are a fallen giant. Historically we are a huge club, but commercially and financially we are sadly behind the likes of united, Chelsea, City. This is partly due to our all conquering success and halcyon days being in the pre internet and 24/7 media era i think. Im lucky enough to remember our last title win, being a mere 10 years old, and i feel sorry for you younger fans who haven't witnessed us win the championship. Sadly the game has changed. Football is governed by money 100% and huge cash injection is required to attain title winning squads. Will we ever win another title? Its hard to say exactly. One day we will have our time again i would like to think, football often works in cycles, but not in the near future unless we do everything humanly possible to recruit a solid team spine.

Remember this though...we are Liverpool. We are unique and like no other club on earth. The club has soul. Once you have been consumed by the inexorable tide of red emotional euphoria you become hooked and never turn back. There are no more fanatical and passionate, loyal fans anywhere in the galaxy like our own.

No club has experienced such tremendous highs and terrible lows as us. Our history is the envy of most clubs, very few clubs have achieved what we have. 5 european cups is an outrageously top achievement that only 2 clubs can better in the whole of europe! Its our trump card we all proudly pull out to end all debates (yet its criminally underrated by the media bizarrely, well f**k em and let them crow over the scum, Chelsea, City and Arsenal. We have more than all of them put together!) brought before us in the pub!

Our past is full of brilliant little anecdotes, memories and incidents. Liverpool is more of a religion or cult than just a mere football club.

We will rise again, be proud people!  ;D
      « Last Edit: Apr 05, 2015 05:00:42 pm by JD »

Quick Reply