Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Pre Match: Arsenal V Liverpool (Premier League) Sat 4 April @ 12.45pm

Read 21587 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Re: Pre Match: Arsenal V Liverpool (Premier League) Sat 4 April @ 12.45pm
      Reply #92: Apr 02, 2015 04:29:46 pm
      For the first time ever, we'll be able to see the two captains of each team give a team talk in the dressing room before the match, can't wait for this!

Is this for real?

I F***ing hope it isn't.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #93: Apr 02, 2015 04:31:34 pm
      No it actually helps hugely, especially before a match. Forums tend to be where the most passionate fans are. Yeh as I said in a previous post this is the game that is potentially most danerous for us to, we can't take mental stress it seems and if we don't perform here it could hurt us very badly psychologically at the complete wrong time. I also think the belief this game will give the winner in what could well be the Final fixture will be big.

Personally, it decides the top 4.
      If Liverpool don't win it's game over.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #94: Apr 02, 2015 09:22:10 pm
      Is this for real?

I f**king hope it isn't.

Good opportunity for Hendo to spray on a bit of Nivea deodorant while on the telly ?!?!

Me too ... hope its not for real ... what goes on tour should stay on tour ...
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #95: Apr 02, 2015 09:39:20 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #96: Apr 02, 2015 10:06:38 pm

Still can't believe you were actually looking forward to it mate.
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 43 
      Reply #97: Apr 02, 2015 10:39:40 pm
      Mignolet

Can
      Toure
      Sakho

Manquillo
      Henderson (c)
      Lucas
      Moreno

Sterling
      Coutinho

Sturridge

Subs: Jones; Johnson, Lovren; Allen; Lallana, Markovic; Balotelli.

1-1!
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #98: Apr 02, 2015 10:46:08 pm
      -------------------Mignolet
      Johnson - Lovren/Kolo Sakho - Moreno
      ---------------------Lucas
      --------------Can-----------Allen
      ------Hendo---------------------Coutinho
      --------------------Sterling

Would play this, question mark over Moreno. Shame we dont have any other right full available. Johnson would move to the left easily.
      Centre of the pitch covered, sides as well. Hendo and Sterling on the counter getting behind defenders, Couts provider. 2:1 Liverpool.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #99: Apr 02, 2015 10:53:48 pm
      -------------------Mignolet
      Johnson - Lovren/Kolo Sakho - Moreno
      ---------------------Lucas
      --------------Can-----------Allen
      ------Hendo---------------------Coutinho
      --------------------Sterling

Would play this, question mark over Moreno. Shame we dont have any other right full available. Johnson would move to the left easily.
      Centre of the pitch covered, sides as well. Hendo and Sterling on the counter getting behind defenders, Couts provider. 2:1 Liverpool.

Manquillo is available if anybody can find where he's been buried.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #100: Apr 02, 2015 11:20:09 pm
      Personally think our hopes of Top 4 hang on this game; If we lose then I think the gap will be too big, especially if the Mancs get yet another lucky win.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #101: Apr 03, 2015 12:00:48 am
      Personally think our hopes of Top 4 hang on this game; If we lose then I think the gap will be too big, especially if the Mancs get yet another lucky win.

I fear the same, add into that my general uneasiness about the team we may field and I'm really a basket case with this one.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #102: Apr 03, 2015 12:00:27 pm
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,010 posts | 2735 
      Reply #103: Apr 03, 2015 12:07:31 pm
      Obviously a must win. The two teams above us have got massive wins on the road (Arsenal at City, United at us/Arsenal, even Southampton won at United) so it's time we get ourselves one to at least be in with a shout in the last few games. Never know, a couple of wins could start putting the pressure on again.

If nothing else, a good performance will at least boost our confidence before the Blackburn game.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #104: Apr 03, 2015 05:22:01 pm
      Most overrated team in the league, yet still managed to win the league three times, once unbeaten, achieve Top 4 every single season while at the same time building a 750 million pound stadium out of our own pocket, and adding genuinely world class talent every year for the last three years, all feats which have been beyond you. If that's over-rated, well then, call me Adnan Januzaj.

That's a nice little speech, but you forgot to mention your 8 trophyless seasons that included being beaten in a final by Birmingham and also with your World Class players; by which I count two, not 3 like you say, you still have next to nothing to show for it apart from a 5-1 spanking, losing an 8 point lead over us and one of the world class players being torn to shreds (Ozil) for his piss poor performances. Also, we make world class players, like to see Arsenal do that. It's all well and good getting top 4 but most the time Arsenal only just scrape it by a few points and then do F**k all in the Champions League  anyway; they are only there to make up the numbers. Sit down lad.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #105: Apr 03, 2015 05:47:45 pm
      Not sure why but I'm starting to get a good feeling about this game, I think its just the sense that Arsenal must be due a blip any time soon and we must be due a good performance again. My worry is Sterling but hopefully he'll want to prove a point and put in a great game.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #106: Apr 03, 2015 07:59:46 pm
      Massive game this is tomorrow, worried a little bit and were going to miss Sktrel big time  :( hope whoever comes in, Lovren or Toure does the biz and keeps up to speed with the Arsenal attackers, be on your toes tomorrow lads !!

I'm hoping for at least a draw tomorrow, can't see us beating them tbh although that would be brill, just can't see it, with losing Gerrard and Skrtel and Studge still looking far from fit and the Sterling situation up in the air, we need to grab the game by the scruff of the neck, and if we get an early goal, you never know !!

Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #107: Apr 03, 2015 08:09:25 pm
      My combined 11 as a thought experiment:

------------------------Mignolet

---------------Can - Koscielny - Sakho------------

Sterling ------- Hendo - Cazorla ------ Monreal

------------------Sanchez-------Coutinho--------------

---------------------------Sturridge---------------------

Mignolet: Pretty easy one. I rate Ospina, but Simon's form has been fantastic this year. No contest.

Can, Koscielny, Sakho: If Skrtel were available, this might be a clean sweep. As it is I rate Koscielny more than Toure (or Lovren for that matter). Sakho easily the best of both teams, and Can offers a great deal too. If I were thinking in terms of team balance however rather than picking the best 11 of both teams, I might swap Koscielny for Mertesacker as he strikes me as a player more suited to the central sweeping CB role.

Sterling, Hendo, Cazorla, Monreal: I was a bit iffy about Sterling at wingback because he hasn't set the world alight there, but he's a better pick than Bellerin for the role. Oxlade is injured and wouldn't get in ahead of Sterling anyway. Cazorla is an easy pick, no explanation needed really. Hendo or Lucas was a hard one - it would really depend on tactics. Lucas is only just fit so I cheesed it on the basis that he's not 100% yet. I don't really know a huge amount about Monreal. They keep letting him play so I assume he's a decent left back. Gibbs is pretty meh, and Moreno hasn't been great recently so I'm giving it to the man with the ridiculous name.

Sanchez, Coutinho: Two of the best players for either team. I could comment more if you want, but really I'd be wasting both of our time. Well, I'm probably doing that anyway. I'd be very surprised if anyone is still reading this anyway. Its getting on the long side and I've yet to say anything of substance. You ugly cocksucker.

Sturridge: Tough call, but has more class than Giroud, who is in great form.

Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #108: Apr 03, 2015 08:15:54 pm
      Sports journalism student, trying to get a balance of views on football issues, cheers though.

As someone familiar with sports journalism that was your first mistake mate. An imbalanced view is the only way to get your article anywhere  :f_tongueincheek:

Seriously though, I'm chill with opposition fans on here. Means the site is moving up in the world. Quick fact check on your claim earlier though about the stadium; I can't find any source which puts it above 390m let alone anywhere near 750m.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #109: Apr 03, 2015 08:54:04 pm
      Quick fact check on your claim earlier though about the stadium; I can't find any source which puts it above 390m let alone anywhere near 750m.

From what I have seen, all the things he has stated have been wrong. Going to make a great journo....already full of incorrect sh*t.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #110: Apr 03, 2015 09:36:16 pm
      From what I have seen, all the things he has stated have been wrong. Going to make a great journo....already full of incorrect sh*t.

Haha  ;D

Also its worth noting that Arsenal have a gross debt of just under 270m pounds. One can hardly boast about having paid for a stadium if they haven't paid for it all yet.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #111: Apr 03, 2015 10:31:05 pm
      Huge game this and as someone above said Skrtel is the biggest loss for me as Danny, if unfit, hasn't been at his best sijce coming back.

I wouldn't be against going to a back four for this one but I expect Brendan will go same again formation wise but just not sure how he'll line up.

I'd like to see

Mignolet

Can    Toure    Sakho    Moreno

Lucas

Allen        Henderson

Coutinho

Sterling  Balotelli

I expect to see

Mignolet

Can  Toure  Sakho

Markovic  Allen  Henderson  Moreno

Lallana  Sterling  Coutinho
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #112: Apr 03, 2015 10:53:38 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #113: Apr 03, 2015 10:57:42 pm

Depends which Joe Allen turns up.

Lucas

Allen      Hendo

Coutinho

I've been thinking about this during the week and I really like the look of this as a midfield but would only work with a back four obviously and I'm not sure the boss is looking to change from the three.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #114: Apr 03, 2015 11:07:07 pm
      Depends which Joe Allen turns up.

Lucas

Allen      Hendo

Coutinho

I've been thinking about this during the week and I really like the look of this as a midfield but would only work with a back four obviously and I'm not sure the boss is looking to change from the three.

Could work with 3 in the back as a 3-1-4-1-1. A bit like how we played the second half at Swansea.

Quick Reply