Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Pre Match: Arsenal V Liverpool (Premier League) Sat 4 April @ 12.45pm

Read 21588 times
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Re: Arsenal V Liverpool (Premier League) Saturday 4 April @ 12.45pm
      Reply #23: Mar 27, 2015 12:40:03 pm
      Lucas was on the bench v Mancs so 2 weeks later he must be raring to start, so no brainer for me he starts and his experience and defensive nous will be needed at the Emirates.

Not quite that straightforward, Lucas always takes 3 or 4 games to get into his stride and is usually lethargic on his first comeback game. Could be massively overrun against the fluid and classy midfield of Arsenal. I'd start with Allen and get Lucas in against Blackburn
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #24: Mar 27, 2015 12:47:23 pm
      Not quite that straightforward, Lucas always takes 3 or 4 games to get into his stride and is usually lethargic on his first comeback game. Could be massively overrun against the fluid and classy midfield of Arsenal. I'd start with Allen and get Lucas in against Blackburn

Is he? Never noticed it myself so will have to take your word for it.
      Don't think I have ever seen him over run in his natural DM position.

It's not just his defensive qualities but also no one else manages to find Coutinho with quick precise passes to get us moving forward quickly.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #25: Mar 27, 2015 12:55:59 pm
      A potentially (league) season ending match this one. But we have no reason to fear them. I believe we'll lift our game and sneak a win.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #26: Mar 27, 2015 02:22:22 pm
      Is he? Never noticed it myself so will have to take your word for it.
      Don't think I have ever seen him over run in his natural DM position.

It's not just his defensive qualities but also no one else manages to find Coutinho with quick precise passes to get us moving forward quickly.

Oh absolutely, remember earlier in the season? He was ok in his first 2or 3 games, not great, not bad, just ok. To be honest, I wouldn't complain if he started, his positioning and reading of the game would probably compensate for his lack of fitness, but as I said, Allen would be my choice.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 622 posts | 59 
      Reply #27: Mar 27, 2015 09:16:00 pm
      Really wanted to see Gerrard play one more time before he heads off to the states,i am travelling over from Sweden for the match,so gutted he won't be playing,should be a great game,if anyone wants to meet up for a pint before the match,it would be great to meet up with some forum members,just drop me a pm.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #28: Mar 28, 2015 08:54:35 pm
      Arse will play the same way as what utd did, press us all over the pitch. It is as clear as a sky what Arse will do seeing what utd did against us worked wonderfully well. So, what is BR going to do now, continue to play the way we did, or press them all over the pitch instead of them pressing us all over the pitch?
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #29: Mar 28, 2015 09:27:17 pm
      Think you need to have a lot of confidence and being in form to press Arse all over Emirates. Thats not where we at at the moment Im afraid  :( We better rent a bus from Stamford Bridge for this one. Use SterlingĀ“s pace up top on the counter.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #30: Mar 28, 2015 09:44:32 pm
      Think you need to have a lot of confidence and being in form to press Arse all over Emirates. Thats not where we at at the moment Im afraid  :( We better rent a bus from Stamford Bridge for this one. Use SterlingĀ“s pace up top on the counter.

I genuinely believe we are capable of out passing them with Lucas and Coutinho in the team.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #31: Mar 29, 2015 12:37:19 am
      Really wanted to see Gerrard play one more time before he heads off to the states,i am travelling over from Sweden for the match,so gutted he won't be playing,should be a great game,if anyone wants to meet up for a pint before the match,it would be great to meet up with some forum members,just drop me a pm.

Don't worry about it, he's already burning his bridges. If I was going the game, I'd meet up with you, but Im not going dude.
      RedWilly

• 9,141 posts | 1619 
      Reply #32: Mar 29, 2015 08:40:52 pm
      Don't worry about it, he's already burning his bridges. If I was going the game, I'd meet up with you, but Im not going dude.

You surely aren't talking about Stevie?! Burning his bridges, on the day he hosts an all star charity game, absolutely deluded!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #33: Mar 29, 2015 11:24:48 pm
      If we aren't prepared to press them hard all over the pitch, to knock them out of their quick pass and move midfield, we won't stand a chance.
      They pass the ball better than the munts, and we sat off and got proper roasting from them!
      We've also got a weaker starting 11 as well.<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
      <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
         <head>
            <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>
            <title>Microsoft Word - KS2 Theme 2. The story of rope making.doc</title>
         </head>
         <body>
            <div class="page" title="Page 5">
               <div class="section">

</div>
            </div>
         </body>
      </html>
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #34: Mar 29, 2015 11:26:29 pm
      And dont ask where all that other stuff on my post came from!
      No idea shat that is !!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35: Mar 30, 2015 12:02:13 am
      Are both Sturidge and Sterling injured for this game?
      Michael-2015
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #36: Mar 30, 2015 09:00:36 am
      (Arsenal fan)
      We will be favourites for this game and rightly so given the form we are in, but we don't perform well with the favourites tag. If you press us hard in midfield this will be a great game that could easily go either way, but if you sit back as you did against Utd there will be only one result as far as I can see. Coquelin at DM has turned us into a different machine altogether and we are far less vulnerable on the counter.

Hope Sturridge and the rest are back fit soon, you always want to face a full strength opponent and I'm praying for a Liverpool/Arsenal FA cup final. This match could have a big psychological impact in that regard.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,010 posts | 2735 
      Reply #37: Mar 30, 2015 01:32:56 pm
      I'd go back to 4 at the back for this one, don't think they'd be expecting it. Would try and replicate the away game at Spurs last season where we pressed them hard and won the midfield battle which gave us the platform to dominate the game.

Mignolet; Johnson, Toure, Sakho, Enrique; Lucas, Henderson, Allen; Markovic, Coutinho, Sterling.

Is Ibe back for this one?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #38: Mar 30, 2015 02:04:44 pm
      Keep 3 at the back for me, a back 4 exposes Migs too much and even though we've no Skrtel, Lucas can protect the 3 without us getting over run.

Ibe in at rwb, push Sterling up top with Marko and Cou behind feeding him and we should be fine.

We need mobile, quick thinkers on the pitch so that rules out Toure, Johnson, Enrique, Balo and Lambert.
      diegoLFC07
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #39: Mar 30, 2015 02:39:49 pm
      For 10 seasons they have been the most overrated team in the league. They are nothing special we always seem to mess up against them, but they surely never outplay us. Even without Sturridge we can do them.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #40: Mar 30, 2015 03:39:49 pm
      Arsenal are going to play the way Arsenal always play. Isn't it time we "suss them out"?
      Michael-2015
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #41: Mar 30, 2015 04:00:52 pm
      For 10 seasons they have been the most overrated team in the league. They are nothing special we always seem to mess up against them, but they surely never outplay us. Even without Sturridge we can do them.

Most overrated team in the league, yet still managed to win the league three times, once unbeaten, achieve Top 4 every single season while at the same time building a 750 million pound stadium out of our own pocket, and adding genuinely world class talent every year for the last three years, all feats which have been beyond you. If that's over-rated, well then, call me Adnan Januzaj.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #42: Mar 30, 2015 04:15:07 pm
      No pearls of wisdom from me I'm afraid...just go win.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #43: Mar 30, 2015 04:26:14 pm

Hey. There is space for only one Diego LFC in this forum.

I'm joking, obviously. But to say Arsenal are overrated is an exaggeration in my opinion - there's a reason why they haven't failed on making it to the UCL in ages. They also haven't won the title in a while so that does mean they're not the best side around, but always around the very best in the country.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44: Mar 30, 2015 05:51:12 pm
      As much as Manure surprised us at Anfield is how much we need to surprise the Arse at the Emirates, they are well overdue a bad game, and we are well overdue a really good one. We quite simply need to at least get a draw in this game otherwise its going to be very very difficult to get top 4. A win and we are right back in it.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #45: Mar 30, 2015 06:56:24 pm
      Word is Sturridge will have a late fitness test before Saturday's game so he might at least be on the bench.

Quick Reply