Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      29 (40.8%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      11 (15.5%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      12 (16.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (2.8%)
      Lazar Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      2 (2.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (2.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.4%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      5 (7%)
      Raheem Sterling
      7 (9.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: Apr 08, 2015 02:47:13 pm

Arsenal 4-1 Liverpool: In game and post match debate

Read 50169 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Arsenal 4-1 Liverpool: In game and post match debate
      Reply #644: Apr 04, 2015 10:30:24 pm
      Just pissed off, mate.
      Hate seeing Hendo as a f**king wingback.
      Should give it to him or Sterling but gutted top 4 is gone.

Same here Race. Something has to give.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #645: Apr 04, 2015 10:46:15 pm
      Same here Race. Something has to give.

Yup, this red wine has to give over to my glass.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #646: Apr 04, 2015 11:43:41 pm
      We have the players but not the coaches.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #647: Apr 05, 2015 12:41:50 am
      Just getting ready to put myself through some misery on MOTD.
      Muppet just kidding ya had to turn planner off once was enough for me .
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #648: Apr 05, 2015 12:50:49 am
      Just getting ready to put myself through some misery on MOTD.

There's an MOTD? Thought I had managed to blank that thought out.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #649: Apr 05, 2015 01:26:54 am
      When I first look at the team sheet with Lucas and Allen anchoring the midfield, I already knew what was coming. Perhaps BR did not, hence, the result came as no surprise to me.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #650: Apr 05, 2015 01:59:58 am
      I've always thought if a few players don't turn up, that's down to the individuals.

If the whole team doesn't turn up the that's down to the management, I see Brendan has gone out and slated Raheems agents after the game, but they didn't go out on the f**king pitch today.

Just deflecting which is fair enough, but I really hope behind closed doors he's looking at it and working at what went wrong and I'm sure he is.

Best team in the league last year, and now out the top four, that's what happens when before the season even kicks off you're setting your stall out as 'we're targeting top four again this year', instantly lowering expectations.

Have some f**king bollocks and say you want the title, our club has become serial losers who are in a continual 'development' stage and it absolutely disgusts me.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #651: Apr 05, 2015 08:29:57 am
      I've always thought if a few players don't turn up, that's down to the individuals.

If the whole team doesn't turn up the that's down to the management, I see Brendan has gone out and slated Raheems agents after the game, but they didn't go out on the f**king pitch today.

Just deflecting which is fair enough, but I really hope behind closed doors he's looking at it and working at what went wrong and I'm sure he is.

Best team in the league last year, and now out the top four, that's what happens when before the season even kicks off you're setting your stall out as 'we're targeting top four again this year', instantly lowering expectations.

Have some f**king bollocks and say you want the title, our club has become serial losers who are in a continual 'development' stage and it absolutely disgusts me.

Totally agree with you this lark of aiming and accepting top four is a load of bollocks. We need to aim to finish first and be the most feared team in England and Europe once again.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #652: Apr 05, 2015 08:32:17 am
      So Lucas, Allen and Moreno all got 2 vote each for MOTM! shows how people see games differently  :D
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #653: Apr 05, 2015 08:34:35 am
      Totally agree with you this lark of aiming and accepting top four is a load of bollocks. We need to aim to finish first and be the most feared team in England and Europe once again.
      Pity the owners don't share your aspirations mate. We are reaping what we sow unfortunately, aim low finish low!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #654: Apr 05, 2015 09:24:00 am
      So Lucas, Allen and Moreno all got 2 vote each for MOTM! shows how people see games differently  :D

Just shows people are either on a wind up or know fck all about the game  quite shocking to think some of our fans thought any of them were worthy of a motm vote .
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #655: Apr 05, 2015 09:34:25 am
      Just shows people are either on a wind up or know fck all about the game  quite shocking to think some of our fans thought any of them were worthy of a motm vote .
      Some people make up their minds based on highlights or on one or two moments in a game, but each to their own mate.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #656: Apr 05, 2015 09:38:11 am
      3 of the 4 goals (Ozil's freekick excluded) were scored because our defenders never closed down and threw their bodies on the line

Poor defending and being unable to pass to a player 12' away from you with the goal at your mercy doesn't help either.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #657: Apr 05, 2015 09:39:34 am
      Some people make up their minds based on highlights or on one or two moments in a game, but each to their own mate.

If you condensed the highlights and based it solely on that  I could possibly understand  but if you suffered like some and watched the whole match  then I dont see how lts possible to vote that way , but hey mate as you say each to their own  .
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #658: Apr 05, 2015 11:43:22 am
      Things being what they are for me at the moment, I've not watched the game.  Going to try and watch it later. Doubtful I'll find the answer to whether the sky is falling or if we have a fair few Chicken Little's overreacting from this one game or the last three or four for the pedants amongst us. 

We played poorly early in the season, we dragged ourselves out, I'm sure we can do it again.  For an atheist, I sure do have a lot of faith. 

On a by-the-by, two more goals from Henderson please, bet he'd hit double figures this season. Think I'm going to put money on Markovic hitting 15+ next season. 
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #659: Apr 05, 2015 11:56:20 am
      I had a feeling before the team sheet went up, if we tried a defensive line up, they would come at us, and we'd be over run, just like the munts did. Arse are better than the munts with the ball at their feet running at defences, so it was inevitable what was about to happen.
      I'm more surprised we actually had a spell in the first half where we were on top and creating chances to be honest.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #660: Apr 05, 2015 11:57:47 am
      Things being what they are for me at the moment, I've not watched the game.  Going to try and watch it later. Doubtful I'll find the answer to whether the sky is falling or if we have a fair few Chicken Little's overreacting from this one game or the last three or four for the pedants amongst us. 

We played poorly early in the season, we dragged ourselves out, I'm sure we can do it again.  For an atheist, I sure do have a lot of faith. 

On a by-the-by, two more goals from Henderson please, bet he'd hit double figures this season. Think I'm going to put money on Markovic hitting 15+ next season. 

We have big problems we spent over £100 million in the Summer trying to build a squad capable of competing against the like of Arsenal and the Scum. And we failed miserably we are still way off competing. We need world class players in the squad but the club is not ambitious enough to get them in.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #661: Apr 05, 2015 12:17:38 pm

What was it Shankyl said? 'Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling, aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor'.

Well I'm not even sure we're aiming for the ceiling these days, let alone the sky.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,153 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #662: Apr 05, 2015 07:22:29 pm
      He put his hands behind his back so the ball wouldn't hit them, which no doubt you'd be slating him for if that happened. Lots of players do it throughout a match.

With all due respect sir, that is no excuse. Watch the goal again, the second that Moreno puts his hands behind his back Bellerin drops the shoulder and breezes past him. If he'd done the same and shown Bellerin the outside then the outcome could have been different. Have you tried running and moving with your hands tied behind your back? Schoolboy error by Moreno.

Had Moreno not put his hands behind his back Bellerin would have chosen a different option.

I'm not saying the mistake cost us the game, it was a catalogue of mistakes. A mistake is still a mistake, regardless of the consequence.

For the record, how many champion sprinters have you ever seen without arms?
      « Last Edit: Apr 05, 2015 08:59:51 pm by hardcoresoldier »
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #663: Apr 05, 2015 09:05:20 pm
      With all due respect sir, that is no excuse. Watch the goal again, the second that Moreno puts his hands behind his back Bellerin drops the shoulder and breezes past him. If he'd done the same and shown Bellerin the outside then the outcome could have been different. Have you tried running and moving with your hands tied behind your back? Schoolboy error by Moreno.

Had Moreno not put his hands behind his back Bellerin would have chosen a different option.

I'm not saying the mistake cost us the game, it was a catalogue of mistakes. A mistake is still a mistake, regardless of the consequence.

Agree and did you see his reaction when the ball hit the bet he bloody new it was his fault.....the tit.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #664: Apr 05, 2015 09:14:51 pm

Before you start going off on one. I didn't actually say it was an excuse, I was just saying as to why he probably done it. Sir.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,153 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #665: Apr 05, 2015 10:10:09 pm
      Before you start going off on one. I didn't actually say it was an excuse, I was just saying as to why he probably done it. Sir.

I wasn't going off on one, i was just saying that if Moreno is going to start putting his hands behind his back every time a player attacks him in the box then we are fu**ed. Understandable when an opposition attacker is about to strike the ball but that was not the case.

Who the F**k would coach a defender to do that? Immobilise yourself when being attacked in the penalty box?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #666: Apr 05, 2015 10:14:53 pm
      Didn't see the game, have MOTD recorded but can't face it yet. Two big defeats, wind's gone from the sails bigtime. What was Hendo doing FB?!? Christ, why do that. Still, sounds like we were roundly beaten, so not going to pick the bones now.

For me the Utd game was the body blow, the game at the emerites was gonna be tough, but that performance made it tougher. SG's slip last season was bad luck, and he's gotten grief for it, but never from me. But can't pretend that am not still REALLY disappointed with his red card against Utd, just exactly what we didn't need, it felt like a huge turning point even then, a massive swing in the CL race, missing the 2nd half of that game and the next 3 matches. Just right when we needed leadership and experience, he was gone. There's lots of other factors, like the fecking disaster that are our striking options - but big moments do change things, and that was deffo a big moment.

Don't want to be negative, always thought top4 would be a stretch after such a bad first few months. And it's not over yet. But the odds are against us now. Need form that can't see right now.

Just hope to God, REALLY hope to God, that we can dig some silverware out of the FA cup. Need that lift. Feel a bit gutted right now.

Quick Reply