Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      29 (40.8%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      11 (15.5%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      12 (16.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (2.8%)
      Lazar Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      2 (2.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (2.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.4%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      5 (7%)
      Raheem Sterling
      7 (9.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: Apr 08, 2015 02:47:13 pm

Arsenal 4-1 Liverpool: In game and post match debate

Read 50100 times
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Re: Arsenal 4-1 Liverpool: In game and post match debate
      Reply #667: Apr 05, 2015 10:15:10 pm
      Agree and did you see his reaction when the ball hit the bet he bloody new it was his fault.....the tit.

Agreed. I like Moreno but his performance levels have dropped lately and he is starting to show signs of petulance as well. As you said, his reaction to his mistake was that of a spoilt child.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #668: Apr 05, 2015 10:17:00 pm
      Just saying, I've seen Ivanovic put his hands behind his back often.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #669: Apr 05, 2015 10:17:23 pm
      Agreed. I like Moreno but his performance levels have dropped lately and he is starting to show signs of petulance as well. As you said, his reaction to his mistake was that of a spoilt child.

Too much time spent with Enrique.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #670: Apr 05, 2015 10:32:09 pm
      Just saying, I've seen Ivanovic put his hands behind his back often.

He does and as I said last night looks like a tw*t when he does it as well.

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #671: Apr 05, 2015 10:48:49 pm
      Our midfield looked as dense as the fog in Noggsy tonight.

Attack was like an Easter egg with no chocolate.

Defence was like a radiator supplied by chocolate pipes.

Just went to show how small in depth our team is. I honestly feel like we're the Netto of football clubs these days. You can get cheap deals/wages but in the long term, the depth in quality will always be lacking.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #672: Apr 05, 2015 10:49:09 pm
      I wasn't going off on one, i was just saying that if Moreno is going to start putting his hands behind his back every time a player attacks him in the box then we are fu**ed. Understandable when an opposition attacker is about to strike the ball but that was not the case.

Who the f**k would coach a defender to do that? Immobilise yourself when being attacked in the penalty box?

I'm not for or against it just so long as it doesn't impede the player from doing his job properly.

Just went to show how small in depth our team is.

Worrying when you consider £100mill was spent in the summer.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #673: Apr 05, 2015 11:49:14 pm
      back now from London and the game and, well, it wasn't exactly a great day to say the least.  Some random observations from being at the game---

1) it's shocking how little positional awareness Moreno has.  I don't know how it looked on TV but he literally cannot stick to his position, there were many times that he was wandering around and somehow just "ended up" in central midfield, totally out of position.  it's like there is some magnet pulling him from his position.  Incredibly frustrating.  I mean I have taught my dog to "stay," if a dog can stay in a spot, why can't an intelligent human being?!

2) Can is a cracking player.  imposing, really fast, fantastic on the ball.  He's going to be the rock in midfield for years to come.  Lost his head in the second half but before that I think he was our best player.  I don't know what they said on TV but when he went in for the challenge on Welbeck he and one of our players were pointing at the ground or something, maybe they were suggesting that Can slipped and ran into Welbeck, that it wasn't intentional.  I wasn't very close so I couldn't tell.

3) the almost-goal in the first half was almost a dead ringer for the Meireles goal we scored a few years back---anyone remember that?  it was towards the beginning of the season, right before Meireles got sold, it was even in the same half, we were even wearing the black away kit!  Suarez was in Markovic's position and he just squared it to Meireles, who was in Sterling's position, and he tapped it in.  They were literally almost identical goals, had Sterling managed to score. 

edited: okay I remember that wrong, it was Suarez's goal, on a pass FROM Meireles.  so it was the other way around.  Still almost an identical goal.  :)

Some other observations not necessarily related to us:

4) I hadn't been to a game in so long, I had forgotten what it's like in the ground after a team scores.  on TV they show all the replays of the goal etc, so you never see what is going on on the pitch for that minute or so until play starts again.  In the ground the other team just gets back into position and waits for the celebrating team to stop celebrating and start again.  I had forgotten how awkward it is.   ;D  we just kind of stood around watching them celebrate.  sort of depressing.

5) Sanchez is an absolutely cracking player.  He's got the same Suarez touch but he also has that speed that Suarez never had.  seemed like every time he got the ball he made something happen. 

6) Ramsey must be one of the most overrated players in the league.  he does nothing.

7) absolutely terrible atmosphere at their ground.  I mean terrible.  It's really weird actually, being with tens of thousands of people and it's so quiet.  felt almost like I was at the tennis.  Made me think that there is some bigger problem in football, I don't know if it's just ticket prices or what, but it seems that no one sings anymore at any grounds, period.  Not at our games.  Not at Arsenal's ground.  No where.  it's really terrible and takes enjoyment out of the game.  I don't know what the solution is.  but something needs to change.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #674: Apr 06, 2015 12:07:24 am
      absolutely terrible atmosphere at their ground.  I mean terrible.  It's really weird actually, being with tens of thousands of people and it's so quiet.

Strange isn't it? Nowhere near as defined as it comes across on TV. Soulless.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #675: Apr 06, 2015 12:32:54 am
      What the F**k was this my friends,what the F**k was this.I dont wanna blame anyone for this loss cause im too F***ing upset with it.I mean those two chances that Toure created for Arsenal in the first half totally ruined mine nerves and than those two chances we created when Sterling came up short gutted me,in the time when we conceded those goals i was emotionally empty,totally down to make any reaction.Awful game,just awful.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #676: Apr 06, 2015 02:00:10 am
      I wasn't going off on one, i was just saying that if Moreno is going to start putting his hands behind his back every time a player attacks him in the box then we are fu**ed. Understandable when an opposition attacker is about to strike the ball but that was not the case.

Who the f**k would coach a defender to do that? Immobilise yourself when being attacked in the penalty box?

it's a very Spanish thing, the refs are ridiculous on handballs although it has changed this season slightly, he knew it unbalanced him
      paulow63
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts | 85 
      Reply #677: Apr 06, 2015 03:05:53 pm
      Well written post by Rush, agree with all that he said especially about buying average players who may perform occasionally.  My problem is that after 3 years of this reign we are back to the point when KK left. The turnover of players now at this club and the greed and agents fee's is killing us.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #678: Apr 06, 2015 03:16:27 pm
      Squad is not good enough. 2-3 good players are not nearly enough to land top 5, let alone win the title.

Sad to say, and many will disagree, we have a lot of average players who occasionally have great games.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #679: Apr 06, 2015 03:40:22 pm
      Is it possible to make a championship challenging team from gifted, but inconsistent and average at best players?

I see the squads of our rivals, and they're way out in front in terms of strength in depth, despite having brought in 8 or 9 players last summer. Is it possible to surpass these on a regular basis given the types of player recruited and amounts spent on individuals?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #680: Apr 06, 2015 03:43:06 pm
      Some people make up their minds based on highlights or on one or two moments in a game, but each to their own mate.

or some people thought the whole team was crap and think that having a MOTM poll after losing 4-1 is a bit silly.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #681: Apr 06, 2015 05:47:19 pm
      Watched the first 35 minutes so far, can't watch the rest today, Arsenal started off battering us, with us making too many unforced and then creating a couple of chances ourselves, taking control for 10 minutes or so, before Arsenal started to reassert control, pushing our attacks wide and nullifying them.  Kolo is worrying me and Coutinho's positioning is pulling Moreno inside or leaving him with two to deal with, as he's leaving a man in acres of space when we defend. Said pre-game I would have slotted Lovren in the defence, with orders just to tackle and get rid.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #682: Apr 06, 2015 06:21:00 pm
      Our midfield looked as dense as the fog in Noggsy tonight.

Attack was like an Easter egg with no chocolate.

Defence was like a radiator supplied by chocolate pipes.

Deep.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6692 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #683: Apr 07, 2015 08:19:49 am
      I still can't believe Flamini stayed on the pitch. He came on and he stamped on one of our lads ( can't rememebr who now) foot, which was identical to Stevie's stamp. It was in the 1st few seconds of him coming on.

Stevie gets sent off and a 3 match ban and Flamini didn't even get a yellow or concede a FK.

Where's the f**king retrospective action they took  against Skrtel, but didn't bother with Flamini?
      « Last Edit: Apr 07, 2015 08:35:55 am by AussieRed »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #684: Apr 07, 2015 10:19:13 am
      An awful performance and we could have been 2 or 3 down in the first f**king five minutes if it wasn't for Mignolet. We then had decent spell and played some nice football. We should have taken the lead ourselves once or twice and were clearly the better team. I was fuming with Markovic, can't believe how much of a shithouse he was not burying his 1 on 1. He put the responsibility onto Sterling and fu**ed that woeful pass up. Just f**king smash it into the top bin you little girl. Would Aguero, Costa, Suarez have passed in that position? No. Would Sterling, Lallana, Gerrard? No.  So just f**king hit it and score you idiot. Im still fuming now if you can't tell.

Last ten minutes of the first half was a disaster. Awful defending by Moreno that led to their first. I struggle to understand why he gets so much praise by our fans, the lad is a liability. He has been at fault for several goals this season and his contribution to our attack is nothing but a myth.

Second goal Mignolet should have saved. But the foul by Sakho for the free kick in the first place was clumsy. They weren't going anywhere so why dive in? School boy defending from in my opinion our player of the season. Not good enough.  The free kick was a good strike but Mignolet should be having that all day if its on his side. Before it was taken, Mignolet is about 3 yards away from that post. He needs to do better.

Third goal was again a good strike but Mignolet should do better and again the defending was awful by Kolo. Diving in again. Sanchez skipped passed him too easily. Proper school boy defending. But it all started by Lucas giving the ball away in our own half which happened far too often. I lost count how many times Lucas and Allen gave the ball away but other players too - Coutinho, Henderson, Kolo etc.

Can was an absolute divvy getting sent off and whoever believes he actually slipped is deluded. It was intentional due to frustration. Now he is out for Wednesdays must win game the stupid knob.

Arsenals 4th was again shocking defending. Kolo diving in AGAIN. He is supposed to be an experienced centre half who has played in title winning teams. Giroud goes past him too easy and then buries it with a good strike. The game was gone then anyway but its school boy stuff. Not f**king good enough.

Nobody was worthy of a motm vote but I gave it to mignolet despite the fact he could have done far better for 2 of their goals. He still made 2-3 class saves and kept the score down. Says it all losing 4-1 and your keeper is your best player.

No leaders out there. Nobody willing to step up and be counted. Nobody willing t roll their sleeves up. Did anybody put a decent shift in? Where any crunch tackles made? Did we test their keeper well enough? Play and defend as a unit? Take on their defenders? ATTACK?

Still raging with that performance. Not f**king good enough for Liverpool FC.

Michael-2015
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #685: Apr 08, 2015 01:39:37 am
      Spks for itself. Altho doubtless the Ministry of Propaganda will be hailing it as a "great success for the storied brand".
      Arsenal are the 4th team in England now. So it shows how far we are behind.

Wake the f**k up people..  :o

This is a hilarious comment, we have been a better team than you for 25 years and the gap right how has scarcely been bigger in that time. Not one of your starting 11 from the match challenges his Arsenal counterpart for a place. Not a single one. And we're not the fourth team thanks, we're in second playing the best football in the country.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #686: Apr 08, 2015 01:52:50 am
      This is a hilarious comment, we have been a better team than you for 25 years and the gap right how has scarcely been bigger in that time. Not one of your starting 11 from the match challenges his Arsenal counterpart for a place. Not a single one. And we're not the fourth team thanks, we're in second playing the best football in the country.

I see your true colour. Shining.
      Nice feeling, yeah. To be strutting on another teams forum after a win.

How many Champions League trophies have Arsenal won?
      Balance sheet is the only thing that comes first over there.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #687: Apr 08, 2015 01:57:13 am
      How quickly things change in a year.
      Should give us F***ing hope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAHuss1oE6Q#ws
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #688: Apr 08, 2015 02:05:44 am
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #689: Apr 08, 2015 02:11:16 am

So everything is all rosey now down at the Highbury Library, I take it?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/watch-arsene-wenger-abused-furious-4767545

Quick Reply