Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      29 (40.8%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      11 (15.5%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      12 (16.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (2.8%)
      Lazar Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      2 (2.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (2.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.4%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      5 (7%)
      Raheem Sterling
      7 (9.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: Apr 08, 2015 02:47:13 pm

Arsenal 4-1 Liverpool: In game and post match debate

Read 51103 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Re: Arsenal 4-1 Liverpool: In game and post match debate
      Reply #552: Apr 04, 2015 02:53:02 pm
      Mignolet was mom and he was at fault for 2 goals - how F***ing bad we're the rest of them?

Allen and Moreno dud nothing but make mistakes absolutely dreadful
      Toure and Sakho are like clowns

How can you carry so many sh*t players? You can't
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #553: Apr 04, 2015 02:53:42 pm
      Oh well I'm off to get pissed, Blackburn next! COYR.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #554: Apr 04, 2015 02:53:52 pm
      Who remembers 'We'll be fine when we get Daniel Sturridge back'

He doesn't have Suarez pulling defenders all over the place anymore and looks isolated, and frustrated.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #555: Apr 04, 2015 02:54:32 pm
      Horrible!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #556: Apr 04, 2015 02:54:39 pm

Have half a dozen for me GG eh?
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Re: Live: Arsenal V Liverpool
      Reply #557: Apr 04, 2015 02:56:45 pm
      sorry for Can, he clearly slips and looked like a bad tackle
       he was one of the best with  Migs
         its a thing that makes wonder how poor we are playing ATM,  we conciede 4 and our goalie is one of the best of the team
          its like the start of the season again playwise, for us , clumsy, poor passes, nearly NO shots on target the whole game
             I am off ,  for a walk
      if I stay here I will get more gutted than I am right now
      YNWA
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #558: Apr 04, 2015 02:57:31 pm
      Very bad day at the office, everyone was sh*te. Was going to give Joe Allen man of the match to lighten the mood, but i don't think anyone is in the mood for jokes!
      I'll tell you what though, Hollywood Balls was right, you dont need to have world class players in the team to be a success!  :roll: :action-smiley-060:
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #559: Apr 04, 2015 02:59:03 pm
      Brendan has a really huge transfer window coming up. Players in and out need to be right, we cannot afford to make any more mistakes.
      Brendan will get next season to get things right, if he doesn't, he can have no complaints if the Club decide to look elsewhere.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #560: Apr 04, 2015 02:59:14 pm
      Pathetic inept performance. Over £100 million spent in the Summer and the squad is still not good enough. Back to the drawing board for Rodgers... again.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #561: Apr 04, 2015 03:00:13 pm
      Who remembers 'We'll be fine when we get Daniel Sturridge back'

We look much better as a side when Raheem plays upfront, just a shame he's not a natural finisher. Big issue for Brendan there but then again if we actually signed a F***ing striker that suited us last summer...
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #562: Apr 04, 2015 03:00:27 pm
      Once again our genius manager played the wrong team. Last week he left out Gerrard. This week he left out Sturridge.  Why on earth he plays Allen, I will never know. He is light weight cannot make a forward pass, and is absent without leave for most of the game.  Why did he play the two clowns at centre back? We might have got away with playing just one. We have a £20m centre half who can't get a game.

Rodgers is responsible for the terrible show today, nobody else.

p.s. If we have a defensive coach, he should be picking up his P45 on Monday.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #563: Apr 04, 2015 03:03:16 pm
      We look much better as a side when Raheem plays upfront, just a shame he's not a natural finisher. Big issue for Brendan there but then again if we actually signed a f**king striker that suited us last summer...

Ahh we were 3 goals down at half time with Raheem playing up front today.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #564: Apr 04, 2015 03:04:22 pm
      Once again our genius manager played the wrong team. Last week he left out Gerrard. This week he left out Sturridge.  Why on earth he plays Allen, I will never know. He is light weight cannot make a forward pass, and is absent without leave for most of the game.  Why did he play the two clowns at centre back? We might have got away with playing just one. We have a £20m centre half who can't get a game.

Rodgers is responsible for the terrible show today, nobody else.

p.s. If we have a defensive coach, he should be picking up his P45 on Monday.

And who would you replace Rodgers with?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #565: Apr 04, 2015 03:10:47 pm
      As expected I'm reading a lot of madcap knee jerking from fans (not supporters) who don't know any better. I though that 20 minute spell in the first half (after a rocky first 10) was good and we should have scored a couple but we didn't. Then we had that 8 minutes of madness. What's worrying is our mentality after that defeat to Man Utd two weeks ago. It's obvious when we throw in the towel and we clearly didn't have the belief we could win this game today or get into the top 4.

Credit to Arsenal though. Seeing performances like that must make Arsenal fans curse what on earth went on against Monaco back in February.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #566: Apr 04, 2015 03:25:30 pm
      Poor again against another top 4 side making our record:

Played 23
      Won 5
      Draw 6
      Lost 12

That doesn't include the cups in which we've also never beaten a top side. Simply not good enough.

Our mentality is shot, they'll be the usual excuses tripped out but at some point there needs to be an acceptance too, our record is diabolical against the better teams / managers and something has to change. Our chances of top 4 were realistically gone with the loss against United but now all hope is lost too. This season is turning from being a poor transitional one into an absolute disaster, only the F.A. Cup can change that, we simply must win it.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #567: Apr 04, 2015 03:25:44 pm
      He doesn't have Suarez pulling defenders all over the place anymore and looks isolated, and frustrated.

better with a partner, don't need to be a genius to see that
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #568: Apr 04, 2015 03:27:30 pm
      will our back 3 against Blackburn really be, and I am trembling writing this;

Sakho, Toure and Lovren?

F**k me
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #569: Apr 04, 2015 03:28:31 pm
      Well that was F***ing painful. Too many average players out there in a Liverpool shirt today. Even our "star" players looked below average today. Nobody, with the exception of Mignolet, played well. Also disappointed with Rodgers in starting Markovic, not bringing Brannagan on when the game had gone (perfect opportunity to give the lad a good half hour), keeping that shambolic pair in the middle of the park all F***ing game and generally it was just a F***ing shocking day. But, no matter how many times Liverpool put us through this, we'll still love them.

Mignolet - had a good game, made two top class saves in the first five minutes and then another in the second half from Giroud's header. I'd say he was at fault for the second goal, from a free kick if it goes in on the keeper's side, then it's the keeper's fault. Didn't need to make the movement the other way, he has to trust the wall to block it. Apart from that though, he was sound. Clearly our best player and that's saying a lot when you concede three.

Can - couple of good runs in the second and kept Sanchez (one overrated c**t and how he got man of the match is beyond me) quiet for most of the game. But lost his head for the first booking, it was his attitude that got him that yellow. And the second, he does slip but he also dives in somewhat. Unneeded challenge to make, showed a lack of discipline today. Last thing we needed with Skrtel already being suspended was another defended picking up a red.

Toure - was a F***ing liability all game. His passing was woeful, I don't think he won a single header (did he even jump for any?) and was all over the place. One clearance in the opening five minutes, which wouldn't of had to be made if he didn't give a F***ing suicide pass in the first place. It makes me wonder is Lovren really that bad if Brendan would rather have Toure in the side. With Can's suspension along with Skrtel, it looks as if old Kolo will keep his place (unless he goes with Lovren and goes back to flat back four)

Sakho - weren't much better than Toure. Constantly out of position, few sloppy passes, can't help himself with the backheels either can he? But at least he did win the odd header. If this is how he performs without Skrtel beside him, I'm worried. Was nowhere to be found for the fourth goal, just kicked Ozil which led to the second, out of position on the first. Poor performance.

Henderson - led from the front today, maybe that's why the entire side was sh*t because the captain was F***ing useless today. How many times do we have to see him on the right wing for Brendan to realise he doesn't perform out there? It didn't work when Kenny played him there, it hasn't worked when Brendan has played him there. The penalty was one of the worst I've seen truth be told, Ospina dived over the top of it. His performance summed up the team's.

Lucas - was back to his woeful worst. Totally off the pace, sh*t passing, missing constant tackles, failing to track runners, everything his "role" is meant to be about, he failed at today. Of course I'm expecting the usual "he's just come back from injury" to excuse his performance. He was sh*t though. Needs to be said.

Allen - pains me. Just seeing him in a Liverpool shirt, hurts me. There's very few players who I actually never wanna see play for us again but Joe is in that category. Even some of the sh*t players we've had in the past, threw in well. Or looked as if they were giving it their all. Allen just does nothing for me. It's basically like playing with ten men when he's on. Can't pass, can't tackle, can't attack, can't defend. I don't know what he gives the team. Him and Lucas together is a F***ing sh*t central pairing.

Moreno - put in one of the worst performances of the season today. Was constantly out of position. Hasn't got a right foot to his name. I've constantly praised Albert for being the unsung hero of this team but today he was sh*te. And I say it how I see it. At the end of the day, he's a left back so I'm going to judge him on his defensive work much more than his attacking. And his defending today was not up to scratch.

Markovic - is a waste of 20 million with no F***ing bollocks. One on one with the keeper, just F***ing put the ball in the net. If he passes it right, Sterling scores. But at the end of the day, he should of shot. Take responsibility yourself. Have a pair of F***ing balls. Someone on here questioned me for criticising him when he was playing as the right wing-back, saying it weren't his position. His position is in behind the front man apparently. Well he "played" there today and was still F***ing sh*te. He'll be loaned out in the summer, never to be seen again.

Coutinho - was yet again frustrating. He's got all the talent in the world but he's far too inconsistent to ever become world class. Before he signed the new deal, he was the best player in the League, since signing the new deal he's done very little. I'm not expecting world class performances every single game but F**k me he has to do more than he has in the last few games.

Sterling - wants a new contract with astronomical wages, well he wants to F***ing perform like he deserves it. He wants to play through the middle, why when he isn't good enough as a centre forward? He's better out wide, as shown in the second half or playing beside Coutinho behind a genuine forward. Up top on his own, he's sh*t and wasted. Also before the match Rodgers was talking about how Raheem presses the defenders, well I saw F**k all of that today either. He's nowhere near a contract of 100 grand a week right now. Stop F***ing crying about it lad and prove you deserve it on the pitch.

Sturridge - was once again a greedy b***ard that wasted a lot of our chances when he came on. If anybody's seen Escape to Victory when Pele grabs the chalk off Michael Caine while discussing tactics and says, just give him the ball and he'll do this, do that, do this, do that, goal. Well that's the tactic I think Sturridge is working off at times. F***ing piss poor today.

Last year we looked like a team. Everybody worked well with each other. Constant passing, interchanging and just everything looked right. This year, we look more like a bunch of individuals, especially in an attacking sense.

Really F***ing hurting today. Ah well, I'm off out on the ale again tonight. Might not find the answers at the bottom of a glass but it might help forget, even if just momentarily, this performance.
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Re: Live: Arsenal V Liverpool
      Reply #570: Apr 04, 2015 03:30:38 pm
      Look at the bench, who would you have played?
      LIke i said No sympathy . Why is there no one on bench ? And dont say suspensions
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #571: Apr 04, 2015 03:31:26 pm

Haha mate had the same thought going to leave it a while though or ill be right sh*t faced tonight enjoy mate try and forget it .

AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #572: Apr 04, 2015 03:32:31 pm
      Spks for itself. Altho doubtless the Ministry of Propaganda will be hailing it as a "great success for the storied brand".
      Arsenal are the 4th team in England now. So it shows how far we are behind.

Wake the F**k up people..  :o
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #573: Apr 04, 2015 03:36:34 pm
      Well that was f**king painful. Too many average players out there in a Liverpool shirt today. Even our "star" players looked below average today. Nobody, with the exception of Mignolet, played well. Also disappointed with Rodgers in starting Markovic, not bringing Brannagan on when the game had gone (perfect opportunity to give the lad a good half hour), keeping that shambolic pair in the middle of the park all f**king game and generally it was just a f**king shocking day. But, no matter how many times Liverpool put us through this, we'll still love them.

Mignolet - had a good game, made two top class saves in the first five minutes and then another in the second half from Giroud's header. I'd say he was at fault for the second goal, from a free kick if it goes in on the keeper's side, then it's the keeper's fault. Didn't need to make the movement the other way, he has to trust the wall to block it. Apart from that though, he was sound. Clearly our best player and that's saying a lot when you concede three.

Can - couple of good runs in the second and kept Sanchez (one overrated c**t and how he got man of the match is beyond me) quiet for most of the game. But lost his head for the first booking, it was his attitude that got him that yellow. And the second, he does slip but he also dives in somewhat. Unneeded challenge to make, showed a lack of discipline today. Last thing we needed with Skrtel already being suspended was another defended picking up a red.

Toure - was a f**king liability all game. His passing was woeful, I don't think he won a single header (did he even jump for any?) and was all over the place. One clearance in the opening five minutes, which wouldn't of had to be made if he didn't give a f**king suicide pass in the first place. It makes me wonder is Lovren really that bad if Brendan would rather have Toure in the side. With Can's suspension along with Skrtel, it looks as if old Kolo will keep his place (unless he goes with Lovren and goes back to flat back four)

Sakho - weren't much better than Toure. Constantly out of position, few sloppy passes, can't help himself with the backheels either can he? But at least he did win the odd header. If this is how he performs without Skrtel beside him, I'm worried. Was nowhere to be found for the fourth goal, just kicked Ozil which led to the second, out of position on the first. Poor performance.

Henderson - led from the front today, maybe that's why the entire side was sh*t because the captain was f**king useless today. How many times do we have to see him on the right wing for Brendan to realise he doesn't perform out there? It didn't work when Kenny played him there, it hasn't worked when Brendan has played him there. The penalty was one of the worst I've seen truth be told, Ospina dived over the top of it. His performance summed up the team's.

Lucas - was back to his woeful worst. Totally off the pace, sh*t passing, missing constant tackles, failing to track runners, everything his "role" is meant to be about, he failed at today. Of course I'm expecting the usual "he's just come back from injury" to excuse his performance. He was sh*t though. Needs to be said.

Allen - pains me. Just seeing him in a Liverpool shirt, hurts me. There's very few players who I actually never wanna see play for us again but Joe is in that category. Even some of the sh*t players we've had in the past, threw in well. Or looked as if they were giving it their all. Allen just does nothing for me. It's basically like playing with ten men when he's on. Can't pass, can't tackle, can't attack, can't defend. I don't know what he gives the team. Him and Lucas together is a f**king sh*t central pairing.

Moreno - put in one of the worst performances of the season today. Was constantly out of position. Hasn't got a right foot to his name. I've constantly praised Albert for being the unsung hero of this team but today he was sh*te. And I say it how I see it. At the end of the day, he's a left back so I'm going to judge him on his defensive work much more than his attacking. And his defending today was not up to scratch.

Markovic - is a waste of 20 million with no f**king bollocks. One on one with the keeper, just f**king put the ball in the net. If he passes it right, Sterling scores. But at the end of the day, he should of shot. Take responsibility yourself. Have a pair of f**king balls. Someone on here questioned me for criticising him when he was playing as the right wing-back, saying it weren't his position. His position is in behind the front man apparently. Well he "played" there today and was still f**king sh*te. He'll be loaned out in the summer, never to be seen again.

Coutinho - was yet again frustrating. He's got all the talent in the world but he's far too inconsistent to ever become world class. Before he signed the new deal, he was the best player in the League, since signing the new deal he's done very little. I'm not expecting world class performances every single game but f**k me he has to do more than he has in the last few games.

Sterling - wants a new contract with astronomical wages, well he wants to f**king perform like he deserves it. He wants to play through the middle, why when he isn't good enough as a centre forward? He's better out wide, as shown in the second half or playing beside Coutinho behind a genuine forward. Up top on his own, he's sh*t and wasted. Also before the match Rodgers was talking about how Raheem presses the defenders, well I saw f**k all of that today either. He's nowhere near a contract of 100 grand a week right now. Stop f**king crying about it lad and prove you deserve it on the pitch.

Sturridge - was once again a greedy b***ard that wasted a lot of our chances when he came on. If anybody's seen Escape to Victory when Pele grabs the chalk off Michael Caine while discussing tactics and says, just give him the ball and he'll do this, do that, do this, do that, goal. Well that's the tactic I think Sturridge is working off at times. F***ing piss poor today.

Last year we looked like a team. Everybody worked well with each other. Constant passing, interchanging and just everything looked right. This year, we look more like a bunch of individuals, especially in an attacking sense.

Really f**king hurting today. Ah well, I'm off out on the ale again tonight. Might not find the answers at the bottom of a glass but it might help forget, even if just momentarily, this performance.

I only disagree on one point, Moreno has been awful every time I have seen him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #574: Apr 04, 2015 03:38:52 pm
      Sounds like work was the best place for me today.

I'm gutted with this result and also the mini collapse that seems to be happening.

Bad times.

Quick Reply