Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      28 (43.8%)
      Glen Johnson
      5 (7.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      4 (6.3%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      1 (1.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      3 (4.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.6%)
      Phil Coutinho
      17 (26.6%)
      Raheem Sterling
      4 (6.3%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Rickie Lambert
      1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Apr 13, 2015 09:49:15 pm

Blackburn 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate

Read 22449 times
      jdudek
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Re: Live: Blackburn V Liverpool (FA Cup Quarter Final Replay)
      Reply #230: Apr 08, 2015 10:26:06 pm
      Dreadful, but a win is a win. We will need some massive improvement and luck to win the FA Cup.

We have huge chance to win FA Cup now...(if you miss the match there is decent goal highlight -  p2p4u ) But you are right that we have to improve our game but I hope that players now feel that trophy is near..can't let this chance...
      « Last Edit: Apr 09, 2015 05:45:03 pm by jdudek »
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,525 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Re: Blackburn 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Debate
      Reply #231: Apr 08, 2015 10:28:19 pm
      Don't care how we won, we just won. Don't expect a hollywood performance anytime now. Things can only be rectified at the end of the season.

Well, we do have SG to come back  ... the scriptwriter extraordinaire :)
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #232: Apr 08, 2015 10:40:50 pm
      I never really fret over performances in the FA Cup, to be honest. Premier League teams don't typically decimate the opposition at their ground, plus that whole "magic of the FA Cup" crap you always here.

While I don't think anybody played well in the side, I thought Lovren and Toure made some pretty vital interceptions, especially after we took the lead.

But the only thing that matters is that we're through! Can't complain about that.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,209 posts | 1213 
      Reply #233: Apr 08, 2015 10:51:37 pm
      Didn't sound like a classic from what I heard on five live but thank f*ck we are through!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,269 posts | 6368 
      Reply #234: Apr 08, 2015 10:53:14 pm
      Just finished watching the game. Glad we are through, glad Coutinho rescued our offense again.

Thought overall we were reasonably solid...although I don't ever want to see the trio of Allen, Hendo and Lucas playing together again. With those three in midfield it kills our pace and creativity. They all act as ball recyclers and it just makes our attack lethargic.

Also don't like Coutinho playing out wide so much.

Thought  Sterling had a good game, often double teamed and worried them all night. Sturridge was just so-so for me. I know he's still trying to get back his fitness but his touch was awful in this game.

I actually would like to see Sturridge and Lambert playing together up top. Think it would help them both.

Our defense performed pretty good. I was worried when Sakho went out but Toure did a nice job and I thought Lovren deserves a mention for being solid especially after so much time not playing. Moreno seemed to take his defensive responsibilities a little more seriously and I even saw him keep his hands from behind his back as he was marking in the box.

Just relieved we won, we need to pick up our game though to win the last two. I think we are missing Lallana's dribbling and creativity...our midfield is stagnant with only Coutinho as a creative playmaker.

Mignolet MOTM.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #235: Apr 08, 2015 11:35:54 pm
      The lads did us proud tonight against a low block 4-5-1 on a dodgy pitch. We kept at it and won the tie. On we go.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #236: Apr 08, 2015 11:51:48 pm
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #237: Apr 08, 2015 11:52:09 pm
      Phew we needed that.

+'s
      Coutinho is a step above
      Johnson at right back completely solidified that area of the pitch. Without Can/Skrtel we have to stick to a back 4.
      Migs pulled out some big saves.

-'ves
      Studge's touch has deserted him
      Moreno didn't stay flat footed when squared up!
      Overall didn't really create much, also due to the 2 deep lines of 4 in front of them

Heading to Wembley, delighted - regardless if not the most memorable performance.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,186 posts | 1636 
      Reply #238: Apr 08, 2015 11:54:30 pm
      Cracking goal from Coutinho, completely out of keeping with the rest of the match.

But we grinded and worked hard and got the result, on to Wembley, but will have to pick it up if we are going to reach the final.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #239: Apr 08, 2015 11:57:00 pm
      Relieved, back four did okay, big blow about sakho, hopefully will be at full strength for the semi, sturridge has lost sharpness, sterling was lively, midfield too samey, friend well didn't expect much and he didn't disappoint.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #240: Apr 09, 2015 12:32:17 am
      8-pages, no usuals  :D

Oh well.

Well done lads. Blackburn were disciplined and made it as difficult as they could for us. Great strike from Coutinho and Mignolet pulled off a couple of good saves.

Off to Wembley.  8)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #241: Apr 09, 2015 04:15:51 am
      Coutinho needed to be more central to do what he showed. Wasted on the wings.

Good enough performance, Blackburn made it tough. Hopefully Sakho isn't hurt too bad and we can get past Villa who have been a bit of a bogey side lately.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #242: Apr 09, 2015 04:56:18 am

Good enough performance, Blackburn made it tough. Hopefully Sakho isn't hurt too bad and we can get past Villa who have been a bit of a bogey side lately.

Agree about Coutinho mate.

Was always going to be a tough affair and I for one am not too dissapointed with the way we played.

Migs with a few world class saves and solid performance from Lovren and Johnson at the back who have come back in after not featuring for a little while.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,683 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #243: Apr 09, 2015 06:20:19 am
      Well done for the professional play. MOTM is Mignolet, he kept us in the game and won it a bit of Brazilian magic for Coutinho.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #244: Apr 09, 2015 08:15:45 am
      well done. Good win, Simon Saves was MOTM.

Good team performance, esp. with so many still not 100% after injuries, and with 3 suspensions.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6714 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #245: Apr 09, 2015 08:18:20 am
      Don't know how to explain without a moving diagram but will give it a shot.

Was getting frustrated last night. We had the ball so many times out on the right flank and space and runners through the middle forward part of the pitch. There were so many times a player had the ball on the flank and a simple left footed pass into the feet of the runner would have taken us forward but because (mostly it was Glen J) they didn't have a left peg, they passed it backwards with their right foot. Stopped the momentum completely. Was doing my nut in.

Earlier in the Season we were playing that little left foot ball creating many more chances then we do now and speeding up the game.

Hope I explained that alright?...If I didn't ...sorry...Im not very technical.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #246: Apr 09, 2015 08:56:47 am
      Cracking goal from Coutinho, completely out of keeping with the rest of the match.

But we grinded and worked hard and got the result, on to Wembley, but will have to pick it up if we are going to reach the final.

That is a good honest assessment of the match, Coutinho's  goal was certainly a cracker and the Blackburn goalies effort in the last minute was top drawer but well saved by  Mignolet .
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #247: Apr 09, 2015 10:27:05 am
      Great result
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #248: Apr 09, 2015 11:18:08 am
      We were completely ineffectual in the first half, but very different in the second. Thought some people here were being a bit harsh about a tough away fixture. Yes it's a Championship side, but it's still a tough away fixture against a side that parked the bus.

I don't like seeing Couts out on the right, he spent most of the time coming infield anyway, he is much more effective as a proper no 10. Excellent goal imo, quality one-two and a cracking finish. He's been below par for the past month, so hopefully this will reignite his form, he makes our attack tick and is essential for us to get back into winning ways.

Mignolet's one handed save was one of the saves of the season so far and he generally commanded the box against physical players. My motm. Defense, apart from one or two hairy moments, generally stuck to their task and looked solid, which is encouraging given Skrtl is off and Sakho's situation.

Otherwise, thought GJ did ok, allbeit all attack broke down with him on the right. But he stuck to his defensive duties and showed good experience. Lucas and Allen were ok, but I really prefer only one of them starting there. Sturridge was almost horrendous. I know he's coming back from injury, but injury shouldn't effect your first touch that much. Having said that, I'm not complaining too much as we need him to get back to fitness more than we need Balo/Borini. Sterling was ok, nothing to shout about, but certainly didn't set the game alight as a Real Madrid aspirer.

It was a tough game, but we were the better side overall. Given Can, Skrtl and Lallana are missing, and Studge is just come back from injury, I'm made up for the lads for the result. Well done lads. I can see a final against Arsenal and a chance to redeem ourselves for that awful game last week.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,172 posts | 4908 
      Reply #249: Apr 09, 2015 11:33:50 am

I'd go diamond with Raheem and Sturridge ahead.

Or even have him in the three with Hendo and Lucas behind. Ibe, Sterling and Sturridge front three.
      « Last Edit: Apr 09, 2015 12:17:50 pm by srslfc »
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #250: Apr 09, 2015 12:11:18 pm
      its scary that our golie is getting MOTM recently just shows how off the pace we are. glad for him but we need to step it up next season and start being deadly again
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #251: Apr 09, 2015 02:55:51 pm
      While it certainly wasn't a vintage performance, I saw some very positive signs from this match. Here are a few things I noticed:

- We had good balance, organization, and spacing defensively, and our pressing game looked more cohesive than it did when we were playing the 3-4-2-1.

- Lucas is the best holding midfielder we have, and is probably one of the top 3 holding midfielders in  the Prem. Playing at the base of a 4-3-3 is natural for him, but we need a better attacking player than Joe Allen playing next to him.

- Lovren and Sakho looked like they could form a good partnership as a CB pair. It's a shame Sakho got injured again.... Hope it's nothing serious. In all honesty, I'm already looking forward to a potential Can-Sakho partnership as both are strong, fast, athletic, and very good with the ball at their feet.

- Agree with Crouchie.... Coutinho needs to be deployed in a more central position so he can dictate the game more.

- Studge is still shaking off the rust, but appears to be getting closer to full fitness. He had a few moments where you could see that he is getting his confidence back and that will be huge going into the semifinal.

- Migs is a great shot stopper who is prone to the occasional blunder and/or error in judgment, but he put in a great showing yesterday.

- Hendo put in a great shift considering he probably didn't sleep a wink with the birth of his daughter just hours before the game. Big credit to him!! He is really growing into the captain's role!!
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #252: Apr 09, 2015 04:05:47 pm
      got through Blackburn, that is all that matters!

looking at villa now!

YNWA!

Quick Reply