Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Next 5 Fixtures

Read 5693 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Next 5 Fixtures
      Oct 28, 2007 10:41:32 pm
      Nov
      03 Blackburn Rovers A
      10 Fulham H
      24 Newcastle United A

Dec
      01 Bolton Wanderers H
      08 Reading A

Personally, I think the only real tricky one is Blackburn away. Reading away might be a bit awkward, but Torres should hopefully be back and on form by then... ;D

No less than 13 points anyone?
      « Last Edit: Oct 28, 2007 11:03:34 pm by JD »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Re: Next Five fixtures
      Reply #1: Oct 28, 2007 10:56:32 pm
      I think 13 is the least we should be expecting from those games Kenny. Agree that Blackburn away is the most tricky one but I feel we can get maximum points from these fixtures.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: Next 5 Fixtures
      Reply #2: Oct 28, 2007 11:05:12 pm
      On paper we should win them all.

Seen as we have to use one of them ball things though I would be unhappy with anything less than 10 and happy with 12 or more.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #3: Oct 28, 2007 11:08:46 pm
      15/15 end off. Our --------- patch is over, now for our purple patch 8)
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #4: Oct 28, 2007 11:14:59 pm
      Nov
      03 Blackburn Rovers A
      10 Fulham H
      24 Newcastle United A

Dec
      01 Bolton Wanderers H
      08 Reading A

Personally, I think the only real tricky one is Blackburn away. Reading away might be a bit awkward, but Torres should hopefully be back and on form by then... ;D

I reckon only Bolton out of those 5 will cause us a problem, with a new manager, there players are going to be playing with something to prove to him.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #5: Oct 28, 2007 11:26:26 pm
      I reckon only Bolton out of those 5 will cause us a problem, with a new manager, there players are going to be playing with something to prove to him.

He wont be so new in December though and it is Gary Megson after all...Not to mention it's at Anfield.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #6: Oct 28, 2007 11:32:27 pm
      3 away games & 2 at home....hmm...think that the games at Blackburn & Newcastle will be the toughest to get all 3 points from but Newcastle are leaking goals. Reading are very unpredictable atm.

I can see 12 points being a fair return.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #7: Oct 28, 2007 11:37:45 pm
      He wont be so new in December though and it is Gary Megson after all...Not to mention it's at Anfield.

Plus old boy Anelka, already scored 6 this season i think, gonna have a few more by december, then the next month is transfer window, those players be up for it big time, still beat em though.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #8: Oct 29, 2007 10:33:02 am
      13 points is what will be needed to stay near the top. If we get 13 points, I reckon we will be sitting in 3rd on the 8th of December and will confidence high for the match with the scum.
      bobbins
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #9: Oct 29, 2007 10:57:04 am
      Nov
      03 Blackburn Rovers A
      10 Fulham H
      24 Newcastle United A

Dec
      01 Bolton Wanderers H
      08 Reading A

I think the barcodes away is the trickiest fixture after the blackburn one, owen will want to finally play against us, if he's fit of course
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #10: Oct 29, 2007 11:28:48 am

I think the barcodes away is the trickiest fixture after the blackburn one, owen will want to finally play against us, if he's fit of course

Next week will be the toughest but the one that will give us most confidence.  Can't believe Rovers have taken us over in the league table... time to put things right.  Expect a battle... just hope Carra keeps his hands down.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #11: Oct 29, 2007 12:04:12 pm
      5 wins out of 5 would put us back on track with Arsenal playing utd at the weekend hopefully that will be a draw,and if we could beat utd on 16th dec wed be right back in it.
      marcuk03
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts | -2 
      Reply #12: Oct 29, 2007 02:52:25 pm
      id love to see 5 out of 5 in the coming games but just cant see it at the moment.

maybe crazy legs will go on a scoring spree though... you never know.

gonna be difficult with alonso and torres away for so long though...

at least masher has only a bruised foot and agger is nearing a comeback.

aggers return could spark a revival.

blackburn will be very tough though. ;)
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #13: Oct 29, 2007 02:54:41 pm
      Backburn and Newcastle difficult games....especially both away...however, im hoping we get maximum points from our next 5...
      marcuk03
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts | -2 
      Reply #14: Oct 29, 2007 02:59:38 pm
      its definitely possible and its against these sorts of teams that we can get our confidence back.

sunday would've helped to rebuild confidence a bit as well.

would love to see crouch and babel up front.

pace, power, touch and aerial ability - could be a winner.
      Istvan Kozma
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 165 posts | 31 
      Reply #15: Oct 29, 2007 04:04:14 pm

I'm never happy with a point, but that would be respectable against Blackburn.  However, i'd be looking to take maximum points against the rest, and regardless of Bolton having a new manager, we should tw*t them to be honest.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #16: Oct 29, 2007 06:03:56 pm
      I think 11 points absolute minimum, and 13 + would be great and really reduce the gap going into the man u game!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #17: Oct 31, 2007 01:00:27 am
      11 should be the minimum but a result against Blackburn will do wonders for the confidence and belief. That could get our season going again and we could aim for 15 / 15 then.  Just hope the mancs and the arse are 0-0.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #18: Oct 31, 2007 09:21:40 pm
      Realistically, we should be getting 12+ but I can honestly see our fortunes turning round a bit! 15 points please! ;D
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #19: Nov 01, 2007 08:14:44 am
      We need t win all the matches! To really be in contention for the title. All these teams are not really all that. Newcastle may pose a treat though. we should coast through the rest.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #20: Nov 01, 2007 09:31:29 am
      I would have to agree 13 points is what we need to take from these few. I Would dearly love to see a nicked 3 points against Blackburn, as our away performances have been good this season.
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #21: Nov 01, 2007 10:07:00 am
      If results don't go our way we need all points 15. However what do we want Man utd v Arsenal, draw? 13 points is the least we want, Blackburn are the team to beat if you need to prove yourself worthy of the title, they took 2 points from Arsenal
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #22: Nov 01, 2007 02:09:50 pm
      13 points...that'll do us the world of good. Blackburn and Newcastle are the tricky ones for me as well. 15 points would be magnificent. We can do it though...yeah, so its a little optimistic but most of all, we have to play better. We have already improved since the doldrums of Besiktas and Marseille...better performances means more confidence and more confidence means we starting beating teams before the starting whistle...
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #23: Nov 01, 2007 02:17:37 pm
      On paper the teams can be beaten, but we must not be too confident, Rafa must put more urgency on the tactics and start playing attacking football right from the start of the whistle and not only start to do so when a goal down. If we do that we are doomed, particularly against Blackburn as they would close shop and we don't, not yet, have the players to break down tight defences. So i reckon, we should score a couple of early goals and then close shop.

At the moment SG is playing some superb football and he's regaining his form, but we need the rest to play with the same fire and 15 points is not impossible but lots of hard work lies ahead.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #24: Nov 01, 2007 04:13:24 pm
      ive gone a bit further and looked at our next ten games and realistically believe we can pick up 21 to 26 of the next 30 points. We will lift our game for utd no doubt after that I believe rovers on Sat is the toughest game we have and wouldn't be too down about only getting a point and in december the trip to man city could be tough with a draw not being terrible

41 TO 46 points on new years day wouldnt be too bad now would it! 
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #25: Nov 04, 2007 12:33:57 pm
      3 away games & 2 at home....hmm...think that the games at Blackburn & Newcastle will be the toughest to get all 3 points from but Newcastle are leaking goals. Reading are very unpredictable atm.

Newcastle let in 4 this weekend and it could be a very good month to play them at home!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #26: Nov 04, 2007 12:36:09 pm
      Newcastle let in 4 this weekend and it could be a very good month to play them at home!

Well most people have suggested that 13 out of 15 would be decent. 

I think next weekend's game against Fulham is nearing the stage where it is a must-win game to ease the pressure on our side.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #27: Nov 04, 2007 12:39:33 pm
      My thinking now is that the draw against Blackburn really should be the only points dropped...Reading look like a poor team of late but I subscribe to the feeling that the two home games against Fulham & Bolton are games that need to be won.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #28: Nov 04, 2007 12:41:28 pm
      I think next weekend's game against Fulham is nearing the stage where it is a must-win game to ease the pressure on our side.

I agree.At least Torres might/hopefully be back.Gerrard can't do it every week and only he and Torres pose genuine goal threat.Crouch could chip in but never gets a chance to.
      The Anfield Warrior
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,029 posts | 32 
      • RED Blooded since '67
      Reply #29: Nov 04, 2007 12:41:48 pm

I watched that game, Holy Crap...... did they look bad
      it was 3-0 after 11 minutes....with some absolutley sensational goals....
      bring them on..!!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #30: Nov 04, 2007 12:45:16 pm
      I doubt Torres will be back for next weekend.  Crouch has had enough opportunities to score for us but he lacks any sort of finishing skills at the moment.

One of the front three needs to up their game and develop a streak of ruthfulness right now.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #31: Nov 04, 2007 12:48:49 pm
      Crouch has had enough opportunities to score for us but he lacks any sort of finishing skills at the moment.

When has he got the opportunites this season?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #32: Nov 04, 2007 01:06:10 pm
      When has he got the opportunites this season?

I think he has taken part in 9 games this season.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #33: Nov 04, 2007 01:19:21 pm
      Taken part the majority as a sub ( the last 10/15mins) and created havoc when called upon.Could he be any worse than the others?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #34: Nov 04, 2007 04:02:59 pm
      You can see us hammering Fulham and then... the dreaded international break again..!

aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #35: Nov 04, 2007 08:02:29 pm
      We have played 11 games,we have 21 points got, to win the league we'll need around 90 points,which means 23 wins(69) points out of 27 games.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #36: Nov 05, 2007 04:59:31 pm
      Nothing less than maximum points is acceptable,our home form is whats letting us down,too many draws,lets start by handing Fulham a footballing lesson on Saturday evening.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #37: Nov 05, 2007 06:37:43 pm
      We have played 11 games,we have 21 points got, to win the league we'll need around 90 points,which means 23 wins(69) points out of 27 games.

Not necessarily.  United won it with 75 points 10 seasons ago.

I don't know what the points target should be but to be in with a serious chance you need to be averaging around 2 points a game and hopefully a win against Fulham will put us right bang up to that level.

I would imagine we need to be aiming for around 20 wins out of our last 27.  And although every game is 3 points, taking 12 points off our remaining 4 games against the other 'top 3' would be extremely important.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #38: Nov 05, 2007 07:40:26 pm
      Crouch has had enough opportunities to score for us but he lacks any sort of finishing skills at the moment.

One of the front three needs to up their game and develop a streak of ruthfulness right now.

He's played for an average of 15 minutes each time he's played. that is hardly enough to settle into the game.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #39: Nov 05, 2007 07:46:16 pm
      He hasn't been doing it from the start in recent games off the bench he has done very well. 
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #40: Nov 06, 2007 01:17:47 am
      He's played for an average of 15 minutes each time he's played. that is hardly enough to settle into the game.

Give Crouch a very hard chance in front of goal and he'll probably score. A simple header or a tap in and he'll probably miss. He's a one off striker that can confuse and frustrate the living daylights out of you or have you smiling like a chesire cat! And he can do all this in 15 minutes. Which is probably why he's got some big fans (no pun, honestly) and some fans who just don't like his style of play.

Personally, I'd like to see him take part in the next four league games, whether that be sub or starts. It's not really happening up front lately and he can't be too much to blame for it if he's been warming the bench. I just worry about the long ball factor when he's playing and I wonder if Rafa thinks about that too.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #41: Nov 06, 2007 08:21:33 am
      Give Crouch a very hard chance in front of goal and he'll probably score. A simple header or a tap in and he'll probably miss. He's a one off striker that can confuse and frustrate the living daylights out of you or have you smiling like a chesire cat! And he can do all this in 15 minutes. Which is probably why he's got some big fans (no pun, honestly) and some fans who just don't like his style of play.

Personally, I'd like to see him take part in the next four league games, whether that be sub or starts. It's not really happening up front lately and he can't be too much to blame for it if he's been warming the bench. I just worry about the long ball factor when he's playing and I wonder if Rafa thinks about that too.

Interestingly, he has very good ball control and also good first touches, he doesn't really need all those long balls to show his skills and goal scoring abilities, he can comfortably play in the classics Liverpool play styles. The manager has to educate the team about this.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #42: Nov 11, 2007 01:59:13 pm
      Interestingly, he has very good ball control and also good first touches, he doesn't really need all those long balls to show his skills and goal scoring abilities, he can comfortably play in the classics Liverpool play styles. The manager has to educate the team about this.

Yes, yes, you are absolutely right, Rafa only remembers that Crouch has the height and pumped those high balls for him (maybe trying to climb too high to win those balls in the air has got an effect on him scoring from the ground)  but Rafa  forgot that Crouch has got legs as well which are more lethal (tight ball control), and he has proven that by winning us a penalty against Fulham. But Rafa needs to park Crouch near the penalty box to do the damage, and don't ask Crouch to start way off the penalty box and try to create something out of nothing as he does not have the speed to do that.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #43: Nov 11, 2007 11:55:26 pm

4 pts from 6 so far so good. I knew Blackburn would be a tough fixture...looking at the next 3 fixtures should = 9 more points on paper at least to make 13...where I got 12 from I don't know!
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #44: Nov 12, 2007 06:25:25 am
      As i said before its a couple of hard fixtures, but from here we need 9 points from the last of these fives games. Newcastle are next, they're a tough team home or away. But if we can keep this style of play which we have shown againest Besiktas and Fulham then it should be a good win, how long will Alonso be out for.......If he plays at all make sure you're there telling him to shoot from half-way.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #45: Nov 12, 2007 08:38:33 am
      As I said before its a couple of hard fixtures, but from here we need 9 points from the last of these fives games. Newcastle are next, they're a tough team home or away. But if we can keep this style of play which we have shown againest Besiktas and Fulham then it should be a good win, how long will Alonso be out for.......If he plays at all make sure you're there telling him to shoot from half-way.

I wouldn't class Newcastle as a tough team just at the moment...Portsmouth put 3 past them at st James' Park & Newcastle only managed 1 goal against Wigan recently.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #46: Nov 12, 2007 08:53:10 am
      I wouldn't class Newcastle as a tough team just at the moment...Portsmouth put 3 past them at st James' Park & Newcastle only managed 1 goal against Wigan recently.

didnt we only put one past wigan too?
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #47: Nov 12, 2007 08:54:27 am
      didnt we only put one past wigan too?

Yes but away from home ;)
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #48: Nov 12, 2007 09:07:23 am
      .....This one is at St James park, i did say that they are tough both home and away. Look Newcastle are unpredictable and the curse of playing againest a former player (owen). This game i think will come down to how our strong our defense is
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #49: Nov 12, 2007 09:23:36 am
      .....This one is at St James park, I did say that they are tough both home and away. Look Newcastle are unpredictable and the curse of playing againest a former player (owen). This game I think will come down to how our strong our defense is
      Our away record this season gives me the confidence that Liverpool shouldn't struggle against the magpies at st James' Park. Ex Liverpool players don't always make an impact against their old team & to be fair Owen isn't getting much service at the moment...hard to predict a scoreline maybe but I think Liverpool will come away with 3 points.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #50: Nov 12, 2007 09:26:24 am
      Our away record this season gives me the confidence that Liverpool shouldn't struggle against the magpies at st James' Park. Ex Liverpool players don't always make an impact against their old team & to be fair Owen isn't getting much service at the moment...hard to predict a scoreline maybe but I think Liverpool will come away with 3 points.

I agree DM, but I don't think it will be as easy as some people think.
      It will be a hard fought 3 points.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #51: Nov 12, 2007 09:49:12 am

I agree DM, but I don't think it will be as easy as some people think.
      It will be a hard fought 3 points.

Ah MsG...does that mean you are going for a low level scoreline in the Prediction League this time? I can't decide on a scoreline. When I saw this fixture in the 05/06 Season it was 1-3...
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #52: Nov 12, 2007 10:48:19 am
      4 points out of 6 so far. Not bad.

We need to score early door at St.James to calm the crowd down. An early morning kick-off will help us... as the Geordies will not be too tanked-up by that time!
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #53: Nov 12, 2007 11:30:17 am
      For sure don...most of us called Blackburn and Newcastle as the toughest of the 5 we had to play. Newcastle are struggling at the moment and we wouldn't want to underestimate them...we also wouldn't want to give them too much respect either. It will be hard fought, few games in the prem aren't but the quality in this side is undeniable. I know it's been said many times on this forum before but I can't help it...Form is temporary, Class is eternal.

The cream always rises to the top and we will do the same. This is usually the time in the season when those teams who started off with a bang, really start showing whether they're up for the long haul or not. We'll be there towards the end, in the mix, slugging it out with the other heavyweights for what we fondly refer to as "number 19"...

Walk on...
      « Last Edit: Nov 12, 2007 11:35:29 am by Saffi 7 »
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #54: Nov 13, 2007 02:29:28 pm
      If we care to attack from the start of the game and put 2 past them in the 1/2 hour mark, we'll be home and dry, they're struggling to score at the moment.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #55: Nov 24, 2007 02:49:30 pm
      4 points out of 6 so far. Not bad.

We need to score early door at St.James to calm the crowd down. An early morning kick-off will help us... as the Geordies will not be too tanked-up by that time!

So that's 7 out of 9 now.  Very pleased with not only the result but the performance too.

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/2008/lfc-season-comparison.html
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #56: Nov 24, 2007 03:51:16 pm
      Thanks for the link Kidda. Nice viewing that is. Think we're very capable of getting the 13.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #57: Nov 26, 2007 10:19:09 am
      .....This one is at St James park, I did say that they are tough both home and away. Look Newcastle are unpredictable and the curse of playing againest a former player (owen). This game I think will come down to how our strong our defense is

Hmm looks like I was spot on there ;D Newcastle were poor as usual easy 3pts.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #58: Nov 26, 2007 12:21:43 pm
      Hmm looks like I was spot on there ;D Newcastle were poor as usual easy 3pts.

Hehe good man!

So that's 7 out of 9 now.  Very pleased with not only the result but the performance too.

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/2008/lfc-season-comparison.html

That link is spot on, never seen that before! Cheers KK!  ;) I shall be pointing people towards that when some negativity creeps in! :D
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #59: Nov 26, 2007 02:45:40 pm
      Now we have played 13 games,we have 27 points got,only 21wins(63)points out of 25 games to be champions.

This is easily achievable,as every game goes by with good performances and the three points wrapped up I grow more and more confident.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #60: Dec 03, 2007 05:03:27 pm
      10pts out of a possible 13...good going, next is Reading who got beat 2-4 by Liverpool in the Carling Cup earlier this season...I predict 1-3 this time which will give 13 points ;)

After that it's Manure at Anfield! Could this be the first top 3 side to be beaten this season by the red men ??? I'd liked to think so...
      MsGerrard
      Reply #61: Dec 03, 2007 05:17:03 pm
      10pts out of a possible 13...good going, next is Reading who got beat 2-4 by Liverpool in the Carling Cup earlier this season...I predict 1-3 this time which will give 13 points ;)

After that it's Manure at Anfield! Could this be the first top 3 side to be beaten this season by the red men ??? I'd liked to think so...

I think the way we are playing at the moment, we can beat anyone............the confidence is running high right through the team ,I'm sure  the players are in a buoyant and confident mood , according to Rafa we can only get better, he thinks were not playing that well at the minute, and wait till we get Agger and Alonso back.
      I bet Reading, Marseille and the scum are dreading playing us..........just so long as we keep the momentum up and the confidence high. ;D
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts |
      • With hope in your heart...
      Reply #62: Dec 04, 2007 11:59:29 am
      The boys have been playing so well...and it's good that the guys are scoring a lot of goals.
      Looking forward to another big win this weekend...and then off-course there's the Champs League.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #63: Dec 08, 2007 08:12:43 pm
      I think 13 is the least we should be expecting from those games Kenny. Agree that Blackburn away is the most tricky one but I feel we can get maximum points from these fixtures.

Well most people have suggested that 13 out of 15 would be decent. 

13 points is the least we want, Blackburn are the team to beat if you need to prove yourself worthy of the title, they took 2 points from Arsenal

Five fixtures. 3 wins, one draw, one defeat.

10 points out of 15. 
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #64: Dec 08, 2007 10:02:35 pm
      Lets start all over again we are again at least 6 games from putting pressure on the top of the table, instead of possibly a week.  Yes we are not even half way through but we had an excellent start and when it came to the crunch we slipped up.  I am not being a pesimist its just I am totally frustrated and pissed off.  As even winning on saturday will not do much because we're going to be about 10 points from the pace.

Well enough of the bickering, we just have to start again and take 5 games at a time and see if we can do better, we have to be very good in the festival period. 
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #65: Dec 08, 2007 10:42:24 pm
      we have to be very good in the festival period. 

I'm up for a festival King Kenny! Preferably a beer one mate.

Seriously though, I'm sure we are all frustrated after todays result and not getting what we were expecting after the last five fixtures. But there is still quite a way to go yet. We've got just under another five fixtures, another five times (spooky?). A lot can happen in that time. And I'm sure in that period of time remaining we will be improving as always.

Quick Reply