Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Next 5 Fixtures

Read 5695 times
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Re: Next 5 Fixtures
      Reply #46: Nov 12, 2007 08:53:10 am
      I wouldn't class Newcastle as a tough team just at the moment...Portsmouth put 3 past them at st James' Park & Newcastle only managed 1 goal against Wigan recently.

didnt we only put one past wigan too?
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #47: Nov 12, 2007 08:54:27 am
      didnt we only put one past wigan too?

Yes but away from home ;)
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #48: Nov 12, 2007 09:07:23 am
      .....This one is at St James park, i did say that they are tough both home and away. Look Newcastle are unpredictable and the curse of playing againest a former player (owen). This game i think will come down to how our strong our defense is
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #49: Nov 12, 2007 09:23:36 am
      .....This one is at St James park, I did say that they are tough both home and away. Look Newcastle are unpredictable and the curse of playing againest a former player (owen). This game I think will come down to how our strong our defense is
      Our away record this season gives me the confidence that Liverpool shouldn't struggle against the magpies at st James' Park. Ex Liverpool players don't always make an impact against their old team & to be fair Owen isn't getting much service at the moment...hard to predict a scoreline maybe but I think Liverpool will come away with 3 points.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #50: Nov 12, 2007 09:26:24 am
      Our away record this season gives me the confidence that Liverpool shouldn't struggle against the magpies at st James' Park. Ex Liverpool players don't always make an impact against their old team & to be fair Owen isn't getting much service at the moment...hard to predict a scoreline maybe but I think Liverpool will come away with 3 points.

I agree DM, but I don't think it will be as easy as some people think.
      It will be a hard fought 3 points.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #51: Nov 12, 2007 09:49:12 am

I agree DM, but I don't think it will be as easy as some people think.
      It will be a hard fought 3 points.

Ah MsG...does that mean you are going for a low level scoreline in the Prediction League this time? I can't decide on a scoreline. When I saw this fixture in the 05/06 Season it was 1-3...
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #52: Nov 12, 2007 10:48:19 am
      4 points out of 6 so far. Not bad.

We need to score early door at St.James to calm the crowd down. An early morning kick-off will help us... as the Geordies will not be too tanked-up by that time!
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #53: Nov 12, 2007 11:30:17 am
      For sure don...most of us called Blackburn and Newcastle as the toughest of the 5 we had to play. Newcastle are struggling at the moment and we wouldn't want to underestimate them...we also wouldn't want to give them too much respect either. It will be hard fought, few games in the prem aren't but the quality in this side is undeniable. I know it's been said many times on this forum before but I can't help it...Form is temporary, Class is eternal.

The cream always rises to the top and we will do the same. This is usually the time in the season when those teams who started off with a bang, really start showing whether they're up for the long haul or not. We'll be there towards the end, in the mix, slugging it out with the other heavyweights for what we fondly refer to as "number 19"...

Walk on...
      « Last Edit: Nov 12, 2007 11:35:29 am by Saffi 7 »
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #54: Nov 13, 2007 02:29:28 pm
      If we care to attack from the start of the game and put 2 past them in the 1/2 hour mark, we'll be home and dry, they're struggling to score at the moment.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #55: Nov 24, 2007 02:49:30 pm
      4 points out of 6 so far. Not bad.

We need to score early door at St.James to calm the crowd down. An early morning kick-off will help us... as the Geordies will not be too tanked-up by that time!

So that's 7 out of 9 now.  Very pleased with not only the result but the performance too.

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/2008/lfc-season-comparison.html
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #56: Nov 24, 2007 03:51:16 pm
      Thanks for the link Kidda. Nice viewing that is. Think we're very capable of getting the 13.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #57: Nov 26, 2007 10:19:09 am
      .....This one is at St James park, I did say that they are tough both home and away. Look Newcastle are unpredictable and the curse of playing againest a former player (owen). This game I think will come down to how our strong our defense is

I wouldn't class Newcastle as a tough team just at the moment...Portsmouth put 3 past them at st James' Park & Newcastle only managed 1 goal against Wigan recently.

Hmm looks like I was spot on there ;D Newcastle were poor as usual easy 3pts.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #58: Nov 26, 2007 12:21:43 pm
      Hmm looks like I was spot on there ;D Newcastle were poor as usual easy 3pts.

Hehe good man!

So that's 7 out of 9 now.  Very pleased with not only the result but the performance too.

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/2008/lfc-season-comparison.html

That link is spot on, never seen that before! Cheers KK!  ;) I shall be pointing people towards that when some negativity creeps in! :D
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #59: Nov 26, 2007 02:45:40 pm
      We have played 11 games,we have 21 points got, to win the league we'll need around 90 points,which means 23 wins(69) points out of 27 games.
      Now we have played 13 games,we have 27 points got,only 21wins(63)points out of 25 games to be champions.

This is easily achievable,as every game goes by with good performances and the three points wrapped up I grow more and more confident.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #60: Dec 03, 2007 05:03:27 pm
      10pts out of a possible 13...good going, next is Reading who got beat 2-4 by Liverpool in the Carling Cup earlier this season...I predict 1-3 this time which will give 13 points ;)

After that it's Manure at Anfield! Could this be the first top 3 side to be beaten this season by the red men ??? I'd liked to think so...
      MsGerrard
      Reply #61: Dec 03, 2007 05:17:03 pm
      10pts out of a possible 13...good going, next is Reading who got beat 2-4 by Liverpool in the Carling Cup earlier this season...I predict 1-3 this time which will give 13 points ;)

After that it's Manure at Anfield! Could this be the first top 3 side to be beaten this season by the red men ??? I'd liked to think so...

I think the way we are playing at the moment, we can beat anyone............the confidence is running high right through the team ,I'm sure  the players are in a buoyant and confident mood , according to Rafa we can only get better, he thinks were not playing that well at the minute, and wait till we get Agger and Alonso back.
      I bet Reading, Marseille and the scum are dreading playing us..........just so long as we keep the momentum up and the confidence high. ;D
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts |
      • With hope in your heart...
      Reply #62: Dec 04, 2007 11:59:29 am
      The boys have been playing so well...and it's good that the guys are scoring a lot of goals.
      Looking forward to another big win this weekend...and then off-course there's the Champs League.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #63: Dec 08, 2007 08:12:43 pm
      I think 13 is the least we should be expecting from those games Kenny. Agree that Blackburn away is the most tricky one but I feel we can get maximum points from these fixtures.

Well most people have suggested that 13 out of 15 would be decent. 

13 points is the least we want, Blackburn are the team to beat if you need to prove yourself worthy of the title, they took 2 points from Arsenal

Five fixtures. 3 wins, one draw, one defeat.

10 points out of 15. 
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #64: Dec 08, 2007 10:02:35 pm
      Lets start all over again we are again at least 6 games from putting pressure on the top of the table, instead of possibly a week.  Yes we are not even half way through but we had an excellent start and when it came to the crunch we slipped up.  I am not being a pesimist its just I am totally frustrated and pissed off.  As even winning on saturday will not do much because we're going to be about 10 points from the pace.

Well enough of the bickering, we just have to start again and take 5 games at a time and see if we can do better, we have to be very good in the festival period. 
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #65: Dec 08, 2007 10:42:24 pm
      we have to be very good in the festival period. 

I'm up for a festival King Kenny! Preferably a beer one mate.

Seriously though, I'm sure we are all frustrated after todays result and not getting what we were expecting after the last five fixtures. But there is still quite a way to go yet. We've got just under another five fixtures, another five times (spooky?). A lot can happen in that time. And I'm sure in that period of time remaining we will be improving as always.

Quick Reply