Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Alexandre Lacazette (Lyon)

Read 52003 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Alexandre Lacazette (Lyon)
      Apr 09, 2015 11:35:29 am
      Brendan Rodgers could have better luck in signing Lyon forward Alexandre Lacazette instead.

The 23-year-old is Ligue 1's top scorer with 24 goals from 27 appearances and would be a welcome arrival to a squad which has seen Daniel Sturridge, Mario Balotelli, Rickie Lambert and Fabio Borini only contribute eight goals between them this season.

Lacazette has said before that he dreams of playing outside of France - ideally in either England or Spain.

"Between England and Spain, I don't have a preference. I dreamt about Barca when I was little, but once you grow up you know you cannot be on just one club," Lacazette explained.

"I will not be leaving for the sake of it, I have medium and long term aims, after that we will see what is best for me."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11524099/Liverpool-transfer-news-and-rumours-Club-consider-50m-move-for-Pedro-if-Raheem-Sterling-leaves.html
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Re: Alexandre Lacazette (Lyon)
      Reply #1: Apr 09, 2015 11:50:10 am
      I always have doubts about players coming from France, I remember a certain Cisse setting fire to that league.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #2: Apr 09, 2015 11:58:43 am
      Transfer boards open?

Let the fun begin. ;D

Heard a lot about this guy but never seen him kick a football.

Would he be the top quaily striker we sorely are lacking?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #3: Apr 09, 2015 12:07:45 pm
      All the top clubs in Europe will be after Lacazette, which automatically rules us out!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #4: Apr 09, 2015 01:27:34 pm
      Heard a lot about this guy but never seen him kick a football.

Obligatory 'highlights' clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfORVaZW8Vw#ws

6:15 - cocky.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5: Apr 09, 2015 03:04:34 pm
      Not going to lie and say I closely follow Ligue 1, watch highlights on youtube and he seems to score when Lyon do. Looks good... Price check on him will be big though as I don't think Lyon need the cash do they?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #6: Apr 09, 2015 03:38:49 pm
      I'll take him.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #7: Apr 09, 2015 04:23:53 pm

That's word for word what my first thought was when I first seen this thread  :laugh:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #8: Apr 09, 2015 04:41:04 pm
      Just sign him. He fits our style and is clearly a goal scorer. Pay what they want. Get it done.

Stop F***ing signing players that don't suit our style of play!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2818 
      Reply #9: Apr 09, 2015 05:04:51 pm
      Watched him a few times last year, looked really promising. Remember him scoring a lovely goal in one of the French cup finals as well. Seems like he's kicked on this season even further, would certainly take him here but think the price tag will be too much for us.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #10: Apr 09, 2015 05:05:12 pm
      That's word for word what my first thought was when I first seen this thread  :laugh:

It would be interesting to see what kind of team we'd field if we could have signed the better players that we've been linked with (and that most folks wanted us to sign) the last few years.

insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #11: Apr 09, 2015 05:06:37 pm
      There is no way on earth we will get Alex Lacazette this summer - that ship has long sailed now.

PSG and Arsenal are both interested now and there is no way we are going to compete with those two who will offer him CL football and Arsenal seem to finally spend large amounts now as well.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #12: Apr 09, 2015 05:45:24 pm
      It would be interesting to see what kind of team we'd field if we could have signed the better players that we've been linked with (and that most folks wanted us to sign) the last few years.

I wanted Higuain, Cavani or Sanchez last Summer. We had the money from the Suarez sale if you sell a world class player it is imperative you replace him with a top class player. This costs money there's no other way around it. The club took a gamble on less costly players like Balotelli and Lambert. It was fairly obvious at the time to a lot of us it could backfire massively and that's exactly what happened. With more ambition we could have challenged for the title this season. So it's one of two things either big mistakes were made by the transfer committee or the owners ambitions do not match that of the fans.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #13: Apr 09, 2015 05:47:04 pm
      There is no way on earth we will get Alex Lacazette this summer - that ship has long sailed now.

PSG and Arsenal are both interested now and there is no way we are going to compete with those two who will offer him CL football and Arsenal seem to finally spend large amounts now as well.

Sad but likely true.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14: Apr 09, 2015 07:31:40 pm
      Wasn't he apparently close to joining Newcastle in the summer? Thought they had it virtually wrapped up but then for whatever reason it didn't happen.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #15: Apr 09, 2015 07:33:59 pm
      Wasn't he apparently close to joining Newcastle in the summer? Thought they had it virtually wrapped up but then for whatever reason it didn't happen.

He realised they were sh*te?
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #16: Apr 09, 2015 07:58:59 pm

After watching that i came away with one thing....How sh*t is the defending in that league how much time and space at the edge of the box do they give the attackers!!, its exactly the same as the Cisse highlights clip that i was seduced by.

Seriously leave him to PSG and go for a Pedro or at least someone whos playing in a competitive league.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #17: Apr 09, 2015 08:04:19 pm
      After watching that i came away with one thing....How sh*t is the defending in that league how much time and space at the edge of the box do they give the attackers!!, its exactly the same as the Cisse highlights clip that i was seduced by.

Seriously leave him to PSG and go for a Pedro or at least someone whos playing in a competitive league.

The defending in this league is pretty dire at times as well mate.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #18: Apr 09, 2015 08:07:35 pm

Suarez? :p

Anyway, I have yet to see Lacazette, so I would love to see us buy Firmino instead as I've been watching him regularly.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #19: Apr 10, 2015 11:42:46 am
      Want this lad in the team as our No1 target that we should go for as soon as it opens rather than getting all our smaller targets in and then flapping till the end of the window to try and get someone of that level.

he's banging them in looks powerful, fast, skillful and has what FSG love which is sell on potential, get in in go striaght in with a 30mil offer(remember what we paid for worst talent) if that's rejected ask the club what's the valuation and pay it.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #20: Apr 10, 2015 05:55:38 pm
      Want this lad in the team as our No1 target that we should go for as soon as it opens rather than getting all our smaller targets in and then flapping till the end of the window to try and get someone of that level.

he's banging them in looks powerful, fast, skillful and has what FSG love which is sell on potential, get in in go striaght in with a 30mil offer(remember what we paid for worst talent) if that's rejected ask the club what's the valuation and pay it.

I've watched a lot of him and remember him being the outstanding player when France played in an Under-18 tournament around 6 years ago (saw that tournament on Eurosport and he was unbelievably good).

However, his progress then stalled a little and he turned into a similar player to Walcott; outstanding pace, trickery but with no end product. And then he moved to centre-forward and has turned into a clinical striker. The similarities with Thierry Henry are certainly there with Alex Lacazette. I'd expect he would be perfect for Arsenal.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #21: Apr 14, 2015 04:50:10 pm
      I've watched a lot of him and remember him being the outstanding player when France played in an Under-18 tournament around 6 years ago (saw that tournament on Eurosport and he was unbelievably good).

However, his progress then stalled a little and he turned into a similar player to Walcott; outstanding pace, trickery but with no end product. And then he moved to centre-forward and has turned into a clinical striker. The similarities with Thierry Henry are certainly there with Alex Lacazette. I'd expect he would be perfect for Arsenal.
      lets  hope due to the fact they have the big frenchie already there and sanchez that puts him off as he might not be a starter, comes to us he's playing week in week out
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #22: Apr 15, 2015 10:26:47 am
      After watching that i came away with one thing....How sh*t is the defending in that league
      Truth is - it's much better than most of the defending in La Liga.

Quick Reply