Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Alexandre Lacazette (Lyon)

Read 51991 times
      LFCexiled
      Re: Alexandre Lacazette (Lyon)
      Reply #253: Aug 02, 2015 02:24:51 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6366 
      Reply #254: Aug 02, 2015 03:21:21 pm

5 strikers seems like too many, I'm not against bringing in a good player, but where will the playing time come? Especially after Sturridge is back?
      LFCexiled
      Reply #255: Aug 02, 2015 03:34:51 pm

5 strikers seems like too many, I'm not against bringing in a good player, but where will the playing time come? Especially after Sturridge is back?

I bet you'd complain if you got 5 different rolex' for your birthday. ;D

At the end of the day, we can't count on Studge to stay fit, Benteke has history with injury so if FSG/Brendan want the headache of keeping five players happy then I'm more than happy to let them cope. ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6366 
      Reply #256: Aug 02, 2015 04:36:05 pm
      I bet you'd complain if you got 5 different rolex' for your birthday. ;D

At the end of the day, we can't count on Studge to stay fit, Benteke has history with injury so if FSG/Brendan want the headache of keeping five players happy then I'm more than happy to let them cope. ;)
      True.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #257: Aug 04, 2015 08:05:34 am
      Benteke/ Sturridge/ings /origi / and still Borini/Balo

ATM don't think any rumours regarding another striker is to be taken seriously
       YNWA
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #258: Aug 04, 2015 10:59:55 am
      Matt Spiro  ‎@mattspiro 
      Alexandre Lacazette told to sign contract extension or leave by Lyon. Performances and attitude in pre-season not good enough (L'Equipe)

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #259: Aug 04, 2015 11:06:56 am
      We should make a move for him, remember he can play anywhere across the front 3, he's a better option than Ibe, Markovic, Llanana, Coutinho and Firminho in the wider of the front 3 positions, he's a better option than Origi, Ings, Balo, Borini and possibly even Benteke and Sturridge in the forward positions, he's a proper Brendan Rodgers type player in that he's versatile.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #260: Aug 04, 2015 11:21:18 am
      I don't like to see players behaving like that but it seems to have become part and parcel of the game. I'd love to see us go for him and I agree with Blood that he's a better option than most in our squad at the moment. A front 3 of Firmino, Benteke and Lacazette with Coutinho, Milner and Henderson would surely be good enough to compete against any defence we come up against this season.
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #261: Aug 04, 2015 11:22:21 am
      Love it how people think he's a must sign player when probably none of you have watched him play on a consistent basis to form any judgement on him.
      Is it not funny on how none of the major clubs have gone in for him?

Like leading a lamb to slaughter you lot. F***ing hilarious, I wonder who the next band wagon will be. And to the fact we've got about 7 strikers at the club, we'll be signing anymore until we cut numbers.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #262: Aug 04, 2015 11:44:59 am
      Love it how people think he's a must sign player when probably none of you have watched him play on a consistent basis to form any judgement on him.

Like leading a lamb to slaughter you lot. F***ing hilarious, I wonder who the next band wagon will be. And to the fact we've got about 7 strikers at the club, we'll be signing anymore until we cut numbers.

Assumptions like that won't get you anywhere here. Generally people on this forum are pretty clued-up when it comes to transfer targets. People aren't stupid, we aren't like the RedCafe or Bluemoon forums where simple YouTube videos will suffice.

In addition, how many "major" clubs were in for Suarez when we signed him? Sturridge? Coutinho?

Yeah, none. There are gems everywhere - you just have to look.

LFCexiled
      Reply #263: Aug 04, 2015 11:45:01 am
      he's a better option than Ibe, Markovic, Llanana

Is that the Spanish tea lady Rafa left behind?

;)

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #264: Aug 04, 2015 11:58:00 am

Well F**k off then if you don't like it on here.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #265: Aug 04, 2015 12:06:59 pm

We're not scouts we're fans who can say they like a player just because they like him. It's utterly ridiculous for you to ask football fans to watch every target they like the look of on a consistent basis, how many hours do you think that would take? Maybe watched Suarez play a few games, still didn't stop me wanting him to join, same with Coutinho, Torres, Sturridge the list goes on.

You don't need to watch sh*t to be a fan of someone, it's a personal choice.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #266: Aug 04, 2015 12:10:05 pm

Hmmm lets not sign a quality player because we've some players who are not of the same quality, that's the spirit, John Henry and FSG will love you.

You know Lacazetti has a similar footballing story to Suarez ?, I don't mean biting people, handling to stop certain goals, but the fact they both started out as wide players, then exploded when moved into a more central position ?

He's well worth a gamble at this stage as if he stays at Lyon, signs a new contract and replicates his goal scoring record this season, he'll be going for ridiculous money next summer.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #267: Aug 04, 2015 12:11:47 pm
      Is that the Spanish tea lady Rafa left behind?

;)

Errrrr something like that matey, its nothing at all to do with my ridiculous spelling of Llalana ;)
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #268: Aug 04, 2015 12:19:56 pm
      Well f**k off then if you don't like it on here.

I applaud you of the most uneducated answer ever, my statement must be true :D

We're not scouts we're fans who can say they like a player just because they like him. It's utterly ridiculous for you to ask football fans to watch every target they like the look of on a consistent basis, how many hours do you think that would take? Maybe watched Suarez play a few games, still didn't stop me wanting him to join, same with Coutinho, Torres, Sturridge the list goes on.

You don't need to watch sh*t to be a fan of someone, it's a personal choice.

Im not saying you have to watch him week in week out. But what basis does anyone's argument hold when they haven't got any idea about the lad? I see quotes on here like " would be perfect in a front three for us" My question is how the F**k do you know that? Or do you believe your own bullshit when you write it?  Basically this thread has been 9 pages of bollocks, because one we are not in for him and the other is that people are talking sh*te, because you know F**k all about him and the statements made about him in here are all predicated on people lying to them selves.

And tbh mate players like Torres, Sturridge and Couthino where always there to be watched, they played for teams and leagues you'd got out of your way to watch. So you can't really compare them tbh.
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #269: Aug 04, 2015 12:22:16 pm
      Hmmm lets not sign a quality player because we've some players who are not of the same quality, that's the spirit, John Henry and FSG will love you.

You know Lacazetti has a similar footballing story to Suarez ?, I don't mean biting people, handling to stop certain goals, but the fact they both started out as wide players, then exploded when moved into a more central position ?

He's well worth a gamble at this stage as if he stays at Lyon, signs a new contract and replicates his goal scoring record this season, he'll be going for ridiculous money next summer.

Im not saying your wrong, because I don't know much about him. But lets be realistic we won't be signing any more strikers at the minute, FSG will want to balance the books and thats a well know fact.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #270: Aug 04, 2015 12:27:31 pm
      He wants CL football which is something we cant offer or look to offer right now so was never going to happen unless we paid him like 180k a week or something.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #271: Aug 04, 2015 01:04:59 pm
      He wants CL football which is something we cant offer or look to offer right now so was never going to happen unless we paid him like 180k a week or something.

Guess it would all come down to how tenable his position is at Lyon and who was in for him to be honest, whether that would be us or some else is pretty much a glass coffin, if we were the only club in for him and he felt he'd burnt his bridges at Lyon, anything could happen, a lot of players still think of us as a big club.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #272: Aug 04, 2015 01:10:46 pm
      Matt Spiro  ‎@mattspiro 
      Alexandre Lacazette told to sign contract extension or leave by Lyon. Performances and attitude in pre-season not good enough (L'Equipe)

is that a tapping noise i hear ?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #273: Aug 04, 2015 04:04:52 pm
      Not gonna happen but if we do sign Lacazette it will be best Summer transfer window in the clubs history IMO.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #274: Aug 04, 2015 05:28:45 pm

Agreed, think the Benteke deal killed any chance of this one, but until the window closes, anything is possible I guess.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #275: Aug 04, 2015 07:44:44 pm
      I applaud you of the most uneducated answer ever, my statement must be true :D

Im not saying you have to watch him week in week out. But what basis does anyone's argument hold when they haven't got any idea about the lad? I see quotes on here like " would be perfect in a front three for us" My question is how the F**k do you know that? Or do you believe your own bullshit when you write it?  Basically this thread has been 9 pages of bollocks, because one we are not in for him and the other is that people are talking sh*te, because you know F**k all about him and the statements made about him in here are all predicated on people lying to them selves.

And tbh mate players like Torres, Sturridge and Couthino where always there to be watched, they played for teams and leagues you'd got out of your way to watch. So you can't really compare them tbh.

How about this?

I've lived in France since 2001, and have a friend who is a massive Lyon fan, and watches all their games. He doesn't think Lacazette will move this summer, but from what he's seen of Liverpool, thinks he would fit in really well with our attacking group, and doesn't think he would struggle to adapt to the English game.

Now I haven't said this before because it's all just chat between two big fans of their respective clubs, but I trust his opinion on football.

I don't think we're seriously in for him, but since I don't know for sure that we're NOT, I like to hope, and imagine how he'd fit in.

I just don't see why people have to look at these discussions from a negative opinion - it's not like we're reconsidering signing Konchesky for LB!

Quick Reply