Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      3 (3.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (2.6%)
      Emre Can
      2 (2.6%)
      Glen Johnson
      3 (3.9%)
      Joe Allen
      1 (1.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      6 (7.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      21 (27.3%)
      Jordon Ibe
      1 (1.3%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      30 (39%)
      Raheem Sterling
      6 (7.8%)
      Fabio Borini
      2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: Apr 18, 2015 10:02:00 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match debate

Read 28240 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Newcastle
      Reply #299: Apr 13, 2015 09:56:11 pm
      Good win that, moved the ball around a lot better and after a shaky start to the second half we didn't collapse but instead regained control very well.

Need to find another level on Sunday though. Villa won't be that sh*te.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #300: Apr 13, 2015 09:57:22 pm
      Good 3 points and pretty decent performance, much improved tempo and movement.

Thought Lucas and Coutinho were fantastic and it will be close between them for MotM.

At the back though Moreno was bad and Lovren was in a league of his own, shocking performance.

Interesting stat just mentioned there that on new year's day we were 17 points behind City and now we're only 4, has to be a slim, slim hope.

Adding to this, Johnson was just as bad too.

I think we all knew it'd be a win, shame we didn't get more. Anyway, I really like Coutinho as the false #9, should be something we should keep vs Villa.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #301: Apr 13, 2015 09:57:34 pm
      3 more points

Great goal from Raheem but tonight we saw the good and bad in him

Johnson and Lovren were a shambles for me. Can is careless and needs to tidy his game up, and thought Moreno had a decent game

Ibe still getting back to full fitness, Lucas very solid all game and Allen scored a goal?

Couts was quiet as was Henderson

Not a bad performance overall but difficult to judge because Newcastle were so poor
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #302: Apr 13, 2015 09:57:57 pm
      Raheem deserves £300k  8)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #303: Apr 13, 2015 09:57:57 pm
      Interesting stat just mentioned there that on new year's day we were 17 points behind City and now we're only 4, has to be a slim, slim hope.

I honestly think there is a decent chance. City look like a team with nothing left to give this season.

Question is can we run through to the end of the season unbeaten?

Probably not in all honesty, not without a goalscorer in top form.

Anyway all eyes on the cup now, Villa will give us a really hard match I think with their energy in midfield and Benteke in top form.

We will need to be more clinical when our chances do come, and a lot more careful with some of our defending.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #304: Apr 13, 2015 09:58:58 pm
      good and merited 3points
      good performance overall
       Lucas was superb IMO.MOTM for me

well done LADS
      YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #305: Apr 13, 2015 10:00:17 pm
      Well deserved 3 points.  Could have gone tits up if the ref had correctly give them a pen. Sterling should have had at least 3.  If we had a proven goalscorer that game would have been over by half time.

Onwards!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #306: Apr 13, 2015 10:02:20 pm
      Sissoko was an absolute F***ing tool. Some of his challenges were literally criminal.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #307: Apr 13, 2015 10:03:33 pm

Sush,he may be on the forum !
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #308: Apr 13, 2015 10:03:59 pm

He deserved three more goals tonight.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #309: Apr 13, 2015 10:07:33 pm
      Great to gain the win but not really convincing against a team as poor as Newcastle.

The header by Lovren in the second half to the Newcastle player summed up his career so far at Liverpool
      How does Johnson still earn a career from professional football.

Henderson again showing all his technical limitations.
      Allen scored a goal but not much else to say.

Lucas was MOTM just ahead of Coutinho.

Raheem you think your worth £150k a week give your head a wobble.

If we had a decent striker that game would have been put to bed in the first 20mins instead of giving Newcastle a sniff which has been our issue all season.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #310: Apr 13, 2015 10:10:11 pm
      He deserved three more goals tonight.

Deserved? You mean he should have scored.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #311: Apr 13, 2015 10:18:32 pm
      3 more points

Great goal from Raheem but tonight we saw the good and bad in him

Johnson and Lovren were a shambles for me. Can is careless and needs to tidy his game up, and thought Moreno had a decent game

Ibe still getting back to full fitness, Lucas very solid all game and Allen scored a goal?

Couts was quiet as was Henderson

Not a bad performance overall but difficult to judge because Newcastle were so poor

imo couts had anything but a quiet game.  Hendo did what was asked.. pressed, defended and got assists
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #312: Apr 13, 2015 10:20:59 pm
      Great to gain the win but not really convincing against a team as poor as Newcastle.

The header by Lovren in the second half to the Newcastle player summed up his career so far at Liverpool
      How does Johnson still earn a career from professional football.

Henderson again showing all his technical limitations.
      Allen scored a goal but not much else to say.

Lucas was MOTM just ahead of Coutinho.

Raheem you think your worth £150k a week give your head a wobble.

If we had a decent striker that game would have been put to bed in the first 20mins instead of giving Newcastle a sniff which has been our issue all season.

Yep, he was excellent throughout the game, then Allen made a poor mistake for Lovrens penalty foul.

Then he made a shocking clearence header and everything good Dejan did in the game is forgoten, but only those 2-3 bad decisions will be remembered by his haters. Thats the way it is these days with LFC fanbase I suppose.

That said Lovren needs to cut out his brainfarts or he will be hounded out from Liverpool by sections of internet warriors.

Lucas was boss, and Coutinho makes football look so easy. We are back but its going to be difficult now with Citeh sensing danger. Must keep winning.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #313: Apr 13, 2015 10:22:50 pm
      Yep, he was excellent throughout the game, then Allen made a poor mistake for Lovrens penalty foul.

Then he made a shocking clearence header and everything good Dejan did in the game is forgoten, but only those 2-3 bad decisions will be remembered by his haters. Thats the way it is these days with LFC fanbase I suppose.

That said Lovren needs to cut out his brainfarts or he will be hounded out from Liverpool by sections of internet warriors.

Lucas was boss, and Coutinho makes football look so easy. We are back but its going to be difficult now with Citeh sensing danger. Must keep winning.

You on crack?

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #314: Apr 13, 2015 10:26:02 pm
      Hey Stuey, great stream, thanks for that. Looked a lot better second half as well. great result and a decent performance apart from the last 20 of the first half.
      Lucky with the pen, and they had a couple of clear chances, although we had another 4 or 5.
      Shame we didn't knock a few in to up our goal diff though.
      Went for Lucas motm. Another brilliantly solid performance.  Now lets chase down the other Mancs.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #315: Apr 13, 2015 10:27:46 pm

No doubt about that.  Twice he didn't even force the keeper into a save from about 6 yards out.  He did a job for us up front and he has had to do it quite a bit this season but he isn't a finisher and I seriously doubt he can ever be 'coached' to become one. 

Games like tonight should have been over at half time.  Shambolic transfer window last summer.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #316: Apr 13, 2015 10:35:16 pm
      No doubt about that.  Twice he didn't even force the keeper into a save from about 6 yards out.  He did a job for us up front and he has had to do it quite a bit this season but he isn't a finisher and I seriously doubt he can ever be 'coached' to become one. 

Games like tonight should have been over at half time.  Shambolic transfer window last summer.

He should of pressed the Nos button! Sterling is in for a hard couple of days me thinks.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #317: Apr 13, 2015 11:01:25 pm
      imo couts had anything but a quiet game.  Hendo did what was asked.. pressed, defended and got assists
      Thinking about it, Couts had a good first half but a quieter second half. I realise Hendo does a lot of hard work but I wish he'd provide more in attack. I know he made the cross field pass for Sterling to score tonight, but still, over a season he needs to contribute more. I think I've been spoiled by watching Gerrard for 10+ years.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #318: Apr 13, 2015 11:13:14 pm
      A game that could easily have been a nightmare, luckily we got away with the penalty shout and their chances towards the end of the first half. That game could easily have finished 6-0 if we had a goal scorer. Too many easy chances missed but another 3 points and clean sheet is massive, especially to close on City to 4 and I see no reason why we can't catch them, they are rattled big time, just a shame they didn't do this last season!
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #319: Apr 13, 2015 11:16:20 pm
      Wasnt Hendos best game to be fair. Was in and out of game, couldnt find his space on the congested right side to play, but delivered moments of magic and thats more than enough for me. Better second half from Jordan but shape of that midfield triangle needs to be worked on. Allen was also struggling to find his role. Surprisingly he found the best moments in the opposition box - twice in the first half before he got his goal.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #320: Apr 14, 2015 12:11:27 am

Deserved? You mean he should have scored.

It was harder not to put those chances away.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #321: Apr 14, 2015 12:23:08 am

No reason to think the committees, the scouts, the manager, uncle T.Cobbly and all cannot replicate that F**k up this time around.
      JWH & Co do appear entirely comfortable with this glaring inefficiency on the soccer side of the operation.

Quick Reply