Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Crunch time.

Read 13996 times
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Re: Crunch time.
      Reply #69: Apr 21, 2015 10:01:11 pm
      So you're saying FSG are guilty of "tapping up" Klopp?

Tapping up isn't against the rules for managers, interestingly enough - they have far more freedom about their contracts and can end them whenever they like.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #70: Apr 21, 2015 10:12:20 pm
      Tapping up isn't against the rules for managers, interestingly enough - they have far more freedom about their contracts and can end them whenever they like.
      I've no problem with tapping up, as long as it benefits us and we don't get caught  >:D
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #71: Dec 23, 2015 11:48:37 am
      Given I don't suffer from them, let alone at one o'clock in the f**king morning - you're obviously wrong. As per f**king usual.

And I can't be arsed getting dragged into another of your pointless debates. I've proven you wrong, accept it and move on. Neither you, nor I, know what Johnny H, Tommy W or Ayre Head are saying in the boardroom so neither you, nor I, know what they consider the ambitious decision to be.

Well, like Nelson Mandela, I'm back - a lot's happened during my absence but it's nice to see which one of us got our predictions right.  ;)

As also predicted Klopp hasn't proven the answer to all of our problems - he is a good manager not a magician - but hopefully he will get things right in the upcoming transfer windows.

For all those who spent years banging on about how the owners would never hire someone to win the league becuase they wanted a "yes-man" - oopsie - sucks to be you.

The reason i wanted to resurrect this thread though was to pay tribute to Brendan before looking ahead to our new era.

Although he never achieved the herculean task of bringing back the title, we came closer than at any time in the past couple of decades playing some of the most entertaining and explosive football the club has ever seen. All this was against a background of him losing both parents, going through a divorce and standing by his son through a harrowing court case - anyone who has experienced any of those things know how it impacts on your life.

Thanks Brendan - best of luck for the future.

Oddly, the crunch for Klopp may come far earlier than it normally does for most managers. If Simeone and Guardiola are on their way to the premiership backed by big money, and Mourinho is lining up the United job, our best hope of success is investing in the January window and going for it this season.

So far Klopp is saying that we are unlikley to have more than a couple of signings if that. He has already been caught out by the physicality of the Premiership, it is crucial that he is not caught out by the pace of change of the clubs in this league.

Either we move forward quickly or we die.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #72: Dec 23, 2015 12:02:12 pm
      He has already been caught out by the physicality of the Premiership, it is crucial that he is not caught out by the pace of change of the clubs in this league.

Decent point Hollywood.

Good to see you back posting.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #73: Dec 23, 2015 01:04:16 pm
      Well, like Nelson Mandela, I'm back - a lot's happened during my absence but it's nice to see which one of us got our predictions right.  ;)

As also predicted Klopp hasn't proven the answer to all of our problems - he is a good manager not a magician - but hopefully he will get things right in the upcoming transfer windows.

For all those who spent years banging on about how the owners would never hire someone to win the league becuase they wanted a "yes-man" - oopsie - sucks to be you.

The reason i wanted to resurrect this thread though was to pay tribute to Brendan before looking ahead to our new era.

Although he never achieved the herculean task of bringing back the title, we came closer than at any time in the past couple of decades playing some of the most entertaining and explosive football the club has ever seen. All this was against a background of him losing both parents, going through a divorce and standing by his son through a harrowing court case - anyone who has experienced any of those things know how it impacts on your life.

Oddly, the crunch for Klopp may come far earlier than it normally does for most managers. If Simeone and Guardiola are on their way to the premiership backed by big money, and Mourinho is lining up the United job, our best hope of success is investing in the January window and going for it this season.

So far Klopp is saying that we are unlikley to have more than a couple of signings if that. He has already been caught out by the physicality of the Premiership, it is crucial that he is not caught out by the pace of change of the clubs in this league.

same old crap "I am  right everyone else is wrong"
      Good time to take a break form this place merry Christmas everyone
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #74: Dec 23, 2015 02:48:03 pm

Welcome back, I wondered why a thread started by you got bumped at first. Should we expect you to be FSG PR agent once more then?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #75: Dec 23, 2015 03:32:44 pm
      Welcome back HB, maybe we should start a tab going to see how long you stay out of trouble  :D
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #76: Dec 23, 2015 03:47:09 pm
      Many thanks for the welcomes one-and-all and a Merry Christmas!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #77: Dec 23, 2015 05:18:16 pm
      What kind of job knockey digs up a thread 8 months old just so they can say "I told you so"? Oh dear.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #78: Dec 23, 2015 05:53:07 pm

You still don't read your own posts.
      Still delusional.

Some things never change.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #79: Dec 23, 2015 06:21:47 pm
      I sense a disturbance in the force young padawan....
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #80: Dec 23, 2015 08:00:12 pm
      Many thanks for the welcomes one-and-all and a Merry Christmas!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Where did you go?
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #81: Dec 23, 2015 08:07:46 pm

Up his own arse, where he's always been!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #82: Dec 23, 2015 08:21:27 pm
      Up his own arse, where he's always been!

Is that really necessary?....

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #83: Dec 23, 2015 08:57:39 pm
      We are approaching the crucial phase of the season and Brendan’s career.
      I am a fan of the manager, but, if the first of those options come to pass the owners will have to take a long hard look at the direction at which we are heading.
      As I have pointed out before we can reasonably expect to come fifth.
      Brendan is the right man for the job in the long term.

:lmao:

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #84: Dec 23, 2015 09:29:59 pm

It's just my way of saying Merry Christmas  ;D
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #85: Dec 23, 2015 10:10:02 pm

Eurored and I both earned a warning for quibbling - I got an automatic ban due to past misdemeanours.

Nice to be back though - boot is on the other foot this time  :D
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #86: Dec 23, 2015 10:14:54 pm
      You still don't read your own posts.
      Still delusional.

Some things never change.

;D - still not posting anything relevant to the thread - some things never do change... :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #87: Dec 23, 2015 10:30:25 pm
      ;D - still not posting anything relevant to the thread - some things never do change... :D

Keep on soft lad and the mods will ensure we'll be getting shut of you for good.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #88: Dec 23, 2015 11:21:24 pm
      Is that really necessary?....

No.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #89: Dec 23, 2015 11:23:11 pm

Well hopefully they want some football-related discussion so with any luck you and the rest of the gang will soon be on your way instead.

Where were we upto again? Club not spending any money? Club not backing the manager? Club will never redevelop the stadium? Club have no ambitions to win the league? Club will only hire a yes-man as a manager?

Actually I hope you stay - I can't wait to see what gems you all come out with this season.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #90: Dec 24, 2015 08:48:06 am
      Well hopefully they want some football-related discussion so with any luck you and the rest of the gang will soon be on your way instead.

Where were we upto again? Club not spending any money? Club not backing the manager? Club will never redevelop the stadium? Club have no ambitions to win the league? Club will only hire a yes-man as a manager?

Actually I hope you stay - I can't wait to see what gems you all come out with this season.

hmmmm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #91: Dec 24, 2015 09:46:22 am

Hahaha ''smile for the camera''.

Quick Reply