Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Lets not Forget the FA cup but admit we have 7 league games to save the season!!

Read 9501 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Lets not Forget the FA cup but admit we have 7 league games to save the season!!
      Reply #69: Apr 10, 2015 04:30:29 am
      i think winning last night might just give us that little boost we need to keep the pressure on the scum and Arsenal, lest not forget City who are flapping. There's still a small chance they will slip up and we dont, palace have proven you can give Chelsea a hard game if you get the tactics right.
      A visit to Wembley will be a great boost to the squad and if we beat Villa then a cup final and chance for new players and the younger ones to get a medal will be welcomed with open arms.
      off topic a minute but semi final should not be played at wembley also thats a joke

I agree with you re the semi finals being played at Wembley, they should revert to the old system of neutral grounds. With the neutral ground system it would normally mean less travel expenses for the supporters but once again the F.A. could not give a sh*t about supporters.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Lets not Forget the FA cup but admit we have 7 league games to save the season!!
      Reply #70: Apr 10, 2015 05:05:47 am
      We're not going to to win the League this Season, that is gone for now. I agree fully with what debs said. It's all about the FA Cup from here on in. The last thing we want is the 'bottler' tag hanging around our necks so we must win the Cup to get this monkey off our back.

Winning the Cup will get our confidence back and instil pride back into the Club. As long as we can get past Villa then it's a perfect final versus Arsenal to exact revenge and a chance for the lads to repay Brendan for their lack of guts during the last 2 league matches.

Agree, would be immense to gain revenge in the final, as you say it's must win now to get anything out of this season.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #71: Apr 10, 2015 02:56:19 pm
      Need to start playing better to beat villa, let alone get tut cup final.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #72: Apr 12, 2015 02:18:35 pm
      Hold up, Hold Up ...who said we will be playing Arsenal?  ;D

Only we can perform miracles mate!  :o Can't see Reading coping with Arsenal at the moment, looking way too strong offensively.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #73: Apr 12, 2015 02:24:34 pm
      Need to start playing better to beat villa, let alone get tut cup final.

Yes, get over this match first then we'll see who is in the final. ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6738 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #74: Apr 12, 2015 09:40:43 pm
      Only we can perform miracles mate!  :o Can't see Reading coping with Arsenal at the moment, looking way too strong offensively.

I hope they do beat them mate, these are the Teams that in the past have caused The Gooners trouble, so let's hope its the same here mate. If not, we beat Villa and The gooners to lift the Title.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #75: Apr 13, 2015 08:20:54 am
      I agree with you re the semi finals being played at Wembley, they should revert to the old system of neutral grounds. With the neutral ground system it would normally mean less travel expenses for the supporters but once again the F.A. could not give a sh*t about supporters.

Its same up here in scotland, semi's at Hampden, cos they have to use it. It's a joke, they make fans from inverness & Aberdeen travel all the way to glasgow, and only 1/2 fill hampden. Use murryfield, or nuetral stadium closer geographically to teh 2 teams.

Keep Hampden\wembley for the finals.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #76: Apr 13, 2015 09:35:53 am
      They want it bad mate.

Pity some of our supporters didn't want to win the Cup as badly.

I think I need to clarify

I really WANT us to win the cup... Im looking forward to the semi and hopefully beyond that... i really want the captain to lift the trophy in May... I’d frigging love it!!

BUT the league has been a disaster, and for that the season will be measured as a massive under achievement, regardless of a cup win…

… So it’s not that I don’t care, I just think it doesn’t change the outcome of the season in terms of it being a failure!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #77: Apr 13, 2015 10:54:28 am

I think I need to clarify

I really WANT us to win the cup... Im looking forward to the semi and hopefully beyond that... i really want the captain to lift the trophy in May... I’d frigging love it!!

BUT the league has been a disaster, and for that the season will be measured as a massive under achievement, regardless of a cup win…

… So it’s not that I don’t care, I just think it doesn’t change the outcome of the season in terms of it being a failure!!

Was always going to be like after the Lord Mayors show with Suarez leaving and new players bedding in.

Winning the cup could be a confidence booster for what on the whole is a young team.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #78: Apr 13, 2015 10:59:29 am
      Was always going to be like after the Lord Mayors show with Suarez leaving and new players bedding in.

Winning the cup could be a confidence booster for what on the whole is a young team.

I agree it will help the players... it’s what RD said about becoming winners and getting a winning mentality… thats true!

But the fall from 2nd (and nearly Champions) to 5th/6th or dare I say 7th is so devastating... the season can only be viewed as a failure
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Re: Forget the FA cup – it’s the 7 league games to save the season!!!
      Reply #79: Apr 13, 2015 06:34:41 pm
      Gerrard lifting the FA Cup on his final game at the club is easily worth losing 4th place over.

hmmm yes and no for me.  It would be amazing to see Gerrard have as close to a 'hollywood' ending here with us by lifting the FA Cup... but 4h place = 50-60 million minimum next year.  that will go a long long way in replacing him and filling out other positions.

can't we have both?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #80: Apr 13, 2015 06:39:06 pm
      hmmm yes and no for me.  It would be amazing to see Gerrard have as close to a 'hollywood' ending here with us by lifting the FA Cup... but 4h place = 50-60 million minimum next year.  that will go a long long way in replacing him and filling out other positions.

can't we have both?

Sorted. We'll have both. I like your thinking.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #81: Apr 16, 2015 12:57:02 pm
      A cup will top off a turbulant season nicely and be a fitting send off for captain fantastic. it will boost the team as some of them will have their 1st winners medal with Livepool and certainly all of them under Brendan who lets not forget needs to win a trophy for his own sake to see his ideas are paying off.
      City and us both have some very tricky games left which tbh could go either way depending on which team turns up or not. I think we might suprise a few and get a result against Chelsea if they've not already won the league by then.
      5th and a cup is not the end of the world but 5th and no final is gutting but for a youngish team is respectable.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #82: Apr 16, 2015 01:40:34 pm

5th and a cup is not the end of the world but 5th and no final is gutting but for a youngish team is respectable.

a Cup wont make this season great... any finish not in the top 4 is a disaster
      Old Big Ears
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #83: Apr 17, 2015 11:32:26 am
      Would be massive if City dropped points again on Sunday. Hoping to catch their first half somewhere before entering Wembley.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #84: Apr 17, 2015 03:20:48 pm

Stop it now, and stop using that word, in this of all weeks, a bit more thought eh?

Win a trophy and finish 4th is still possible, have some F***ing faith!!
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #85: Apr 17, 2015 08:06:04 pm
      I disagree, some of my best memories growing up, are of us winning the FA cup, so for me this is still the best cup competition in the world, I couldn't give a flying F**k how much prize money is involved, it the prestige of being the Cup champions that is important. It's what we were built to do.

Quick Reply