Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Jürgen Klopp

Read 28802 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: Jürgen Klopp
      Reply #23: Apr 18, 2015 11:52:18 am
      Klopp built a side from scratch at Dortmund under great financial restrictions which yes, does make him very attractive to FSG but maybe he doesn't want that type of challenge again? Maybe he wants to go move to a club where he can sign who he wants and not be in danger of losing his best players every season. Can't blame him for that really.
      I think deserves a shot at a big money club, he's did his time already.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #24: Apr 18, 2015 11:54:57 am
      I think deserves a shot at a big money club, he's did his time already.

Thinking about it though OR any Club in the Premiership is a big money club in comparison to what he had to spend at Dortmond  ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #25: Apr 18, 2015 11:56:46 am
      Thinking about it though OR any Club in the Premiership is a big money club in comparison to what he had to spend at Dortmond  ;D

Hull City it is then.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #26: Apr 18, 2015 12:06:30 pm

Ha yeah unless they go down mate  ;)
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #27: Apr 18, 2015 12:38:53 pm
      Makes me wonder where Dortmund go from here! When Klopp leaves the next man has a hell of a job ahead of him.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #28: Apr 18, 2015 01:23:08 pm
      Makes me wonder where Dortmund go from here! When Klopp leaves the next man has a hell of a job ahead of him.

Maybe approach Rafa?, I know Rafa has stated many times his desire to return home but the Dortmund project could change his mind.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #29: Apr 18, 2015 01:36:01 pm

Isn't Tuchel supposed to be taking over?

Maybe approach Rafa?, I know Rafa has stated many times his desire to return home but the Dortmund project could change his mind.

Can't see it Shabs.
      Bier
      Reply #30: Apr 18, 2015 01:36:49 pm
      They supposedly want Thomas Tuchel for the job. Guess it makes sense, similar background to Klopp.

edit:

Debs just beat me to it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #31: Apr 18, 2015 01:52:03 pm

Rafa is exactly the manager JWH doesn't want mate.
      Bier
      Reply #32: Apr 18, 2015 01:57:29 pm
      Rafa is exactly the manager JWH doesn't want mate.

What does JWH have to do with Dortmund?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #33: Apr 18, 2015 02:03:28 pm
      What does JWH have to do with Dortmund?

Wrong thread but the comment is viable in the correct thread.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #34: Apr 18, 2015 04:29:38 pm
      Can you image how it would feel if they did release Rodgers and then get Klopp?

If ever something felt wrong and underhanded, it would be that. Can't help thinking the Gaffer would be extremely hard done by if that were the case.

Jürgen Klopp is a good manager, but he has operated in a league dominated by 1 maybe 2 clubs. The Prem is a very different proposition, but if he did want to take it to the next level, then the Prem would be the next logical step.

Just hate to think of him going to a rival; things are tough enough now without Klopp also becoming one of the opposition.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #35: Apr 19, 2015 11:16:48 am
      So this is how Klopp had so much success in the transfer market.

http://www.bvb.de/eng/News/Overview/Michael-Zorc-extends-Dortmund-contract-until-2019

Bier
      Reply #36: Apr 19, 2015 11:50:20 am

Some of the best transfers in the first years can be linked to Klopp in my opinion, considering he came from 2nd Bundesliga club Mainz. Subotic from Mainz, Bender from 2nd Bundesliga, Piszczek from 2nd Bundesliga. I think Klopp had a big hand in transfers, probably even more later on as he became more succesful. But at the start I think his background with Mainz made him very good at recognising cheap talent from smaller leagues than 1st Bundesliga.

Bier
      Reply #37: Apr 19, 2015 12:00:00 pm
      I do want to add, Zorc recognising Klopp's potential in the first place obviously speaks for him.

Him being such a longtime Dortmund man. Can't help but think how great it would be if someone like Stevie would take on the same role for us in the future. But doesn't seem likely does it? I get the idea that few English former top players take on such roles after their playing career?
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #38: Apr 19, 2015 12:09:26 pm
      Some of the best transfers in the first years can be linked to Klopp in my opinion, considering he came from 2nd Bundesliga club Mainz. Subotic from Mainz, Bender from 2nd Bundesliga, Piszczek from 2nd Bundesliga. I think Klopp had a big hand in transfers, probably even more later on as he became more succesful. But at the start I think his background with Mainz made him very good at recognising cheap talent from smaller leagues than 1st Bundesliga.

Not a big fan of Subotic, but Bender definitely and Piszczek, well I wish we had him. FSG might go for him, particularly as he has pedigree in Europe. I think he will go to a CL club in a major league. What he did with Dortmund was fantastic. They played great football, probably the most exciting team in Europe.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #39: Apr 19, 2015 12:10:26 pm

They seem to have an excellent scouting system there Bier, they pay a lot of money to a small, trusted group of scouts who seem to all work together when actually scouting, before coming to any decision on a player. 

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #40: Apr 28, 2015 10:19:16 pm
      first 2 pens, Lahm and Alonso slip and miss completely, 3rd is saved penalty shoot-out with Bayern in the cup...

Dortmund score their first 2 but then Neuer pulls out a great save to make it 2-0 Dortmund.

Neuer then whacks the bar to see Dortmund win and progress to the final. What a great shoot-out that was!

Suck on it Guardiola hahahahaha!!!

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #41: Apr 28, 2015 10:21:25 pm
      :lmao: those penalty kicks were f***in hilarious. How sweet it must have been for Dortmund fans seeing Neuer, who they already hated for his time at Schalke, missing the decisive penalty.

4 penalties taken, none scored, I don't think I've ever seen that!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #42: Apr 28, 2015 10:23:34 pm
      :lmao: those penalty kicks were f***in hilarious. How sweet it must have been for Dortmund fans seeing Neuer, who they already hated for his time at Schalke, missing the decisive penalty.

4 penalties taken, none scored, I don't think I've ever seen that!

No, it was fantastic.

The smile on Klopp's face as Guardiola went up to him, loved it, so funny.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #43: Apr 28, 2015 10:24:01 pm
      Is that cock head Guardiola going to blame the doctor for that one then? w*nk stuff and w*nk penalties. Hope they get shafted in Europe leaving them with only the league title. Is that really acceptable for a team as rich spending as Bayern? No.

Delighted for Dortmund though. Utterly delighted!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #44: Apr 28, 2015 10:49:45 pm
      Couldn't care less about Dortmund right now.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #45: Apr 28, 2015 11:53:51 pm
      Happy for Dortmund and Klopp. Beating Bayern in their home stadium makes it even better.

He deserves another trophy to say goodbye to the fans.

Quick Reply