Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Jürgen Klopp

Read 28817 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6376 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp
      Reply #69: May 18, 2015 01:28:06 pm
      He's hardly 'walked out' mate. He's been there 7 years and probably thinks its time for a change.

Has he been there that long?

Good grief, I am getting old.

He seems like a nice enough fella...in fact the more I've read of him, the more I like of him...but I still think it's embarrassing to talk about another manager while we still have one (that's not Roy Hodgson ;D).
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #70: May 18, 2015 01:29:23 pm
      Has he been there that long?

Good grief, I am getting old.

He seems like a nice enough fella...in fact the more I've read of him, the more I like of him...but I still think it's embarrassing to talk about another manager while we still have one (that's not Roy Hodgson ;D).

Yep. 2008.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #71: May 18, 2015 01:33:35 pm
      Well...he's walked out of Dortmund hasn't he? So I can't imagine he would make it at Liverpool...which is a job that even Stevie described as one of the hardest in the world.

Like Pep did at Barca or Mourinho at Benfica, Porto, Inter and Madrid? 

People move on from jobs all the time mate, some know when the time's right, others wait to be replaced.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6376 
      Reply #72: May 18, 2015 01:58:00 pm
      Like Pep did at Barca or Mourinho at Benfica, Porto, Inter and Madrid? 

People move on from jobs all the time mate, some know when the time's right, others wait to be replaced.

It's weird to me....in major sports over here in the states, managers or coaches hardly ever leave when they are being successful or moderately successful. Usually they only move on because they are forced out or for a more prestigious job.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #73: May 18, 2015 02:23:04 pm
      It's weird to me....in major sports over here in the states, managers or coaches hardly ever leave when they are being successful or moderately successful. Usually they only move on because they are forced out or for a more prestigious job.

I understand that mate and it's mostly the same in football around Europe so for us it's a refreshing change to see Managers leaving "a safe haven" for a new challenge and new experiences.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #74: May 18, 2015 03:21:28 pm
      Aparantly Klopp is in istanbul to hold talks with Fenerbache don't know how true it is but...

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2015/05/18/image-Jürgen-klopp-arrives-at-turkish-airport-to-hold-fenerbahce-talks/
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #75: May 18, 2015 05:24:04 pm
      Interesting you don't think of the Turkish league for those that have ambition to compete at the highest levels.

Either that or he is just looking to score some hash
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #76: May 18, 2015 05:32:26 pm
      Interesting you don't think of the Turkish league for those that have ambition to compete at the highest levels.

Either that or he is just looking to score some hash

You can look at it two ways really

One: There is literally no interest from us [or any other club ]

Two: There is some initial contact from a club and he wants to hurry that interest into a concrete offer or a better offer by looking like he is getting solid offers elsewhere and is in demand and that they could miss out on him

Because personally i don't see walking from Dortmund and immediately into Fenerbache..
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #77: May 18, 2015 05:39:32 pm
      He will be getting interest from loads of clubs. Fenerbache won't be the first or last he talks to.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #78: May 18, 2015 05:45:09 pm
      You can look at it two ways really

One: There is literally no interest from us [or any other club ]

Two: There is some initial contact from a club and he wants to hurry that interest into a concrete offer or a better offer by looking like he is getting solid offers elsewhere and is in demand and that they could miss out on him

Because personally i don't see walking from Dortmund and immediately into Fenerbache..

That makes a lot of sense Jon.

I'd be amazed if he ended up in Turkey.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #79: May 18, 2015 05:57:14 pm
      That makes a lot of sense Jon.

I'd be amazed if he ended up in Turkey.

Hopefully it won't be a trip on the midnight express for ole Jürgen
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #81: May 19, 2015 02:55:16 pm

Well he won't go to West Ham that's for sure and I have a feeling City will give Pellegrini one more chance.

So can't see him going to any other PL club other than us.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6376 
      Reply #82: May 19, 2015 03:04:29 pm
      If FSG really were going to hire Klopp they best do it right away (or announce an imminent deal) because you want your coach to be able to be recruiting players right now. We've already missed out on Depay.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #83: May 19, 2015 03:17:44 pm
      If FSG really were going to hire Klopp they best do it right away (or announce an imminent deal) because you want your coach to be able to be recruiting players right now. We've already missed out on Depay.
      I agree.

Which tells me they probably aren't going to announce Klopp
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #84: May 19, 2015 03:23:37 pm

I think everything will be in place by June 1st mate.  They won't hang around if they plan on making changes.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #85: May 19, 2015 03:25:51 pm
      I think everything will be in place by June 1st mate.  They won't hang around if they plan on making changes.

Around two weeks away Debs.

I know you think we'll definitely make a change but surely we would have heard rumours before now?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #86: May 19, 2015 03:27:30 pm

I know you think we'll definitely make a change but surely we would have heard rumours before now?

Hard to say, isn't it? I don't really remember too much about Kenny and then within 2-3 days he was gone. My memory could be way faulty on that though. It was kind of a dark period hah
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #87: May 19, 2015 03:32:45 pm

Not necessarily Si, when the Club wants to keep things quiet it is quiet.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #88: May 19, 2015 03:34:05 pm
      Hard to say, isn't it? I don't really remember too much about Kenny and then within 2-3 days he was gone. My memory could be way faulty on that though. It was kind of a dark period hah

You're right mate. Just had a look back at the dates and it did happen quickly between Kenny and Brendan.

Thinking back it just seems to take ages.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #89: May 19, 2015 03:34:07 pm

Came out of the blue that one mate.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #90: May 19, 2015 03:55:08 pm
      If Brendan goes (and I still think he may stay) it has to be Klopp or Rafa. But I cant see either of them experienced managers working with one hand tied behind their backs.
      Any gossip on Klopp I cant find much.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #91: May 19, 2015 04:16:22 pm
      If Brendan goes (and I still think he may stay) it has to be Klopp or Rafa. But I cant see either of them experienced managers working with one hand tied behind their backs.
      Any gossip on Klopp I cant find much.

I think Klopp would come here to be honest. More money than Dortmund, where he actually worked under a DoF.

Rafa, though, I don't think so. Not as long as Ayre is still involved at the upper levels of football decisions (which is baffling on its own).

Quick Reply