Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp

Read 28837 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: Jürgen Klopp
      Reply #46: Apr 29, 2015 02:10:30 pm
      Very happy for Klopp and Dortmund after that. Hope they win the DFB-Pokal. Would be a great way to go out.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #47: May 12, 2015 12:20:03 pm
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #48: May 12, 2015 02:33:31 pm

This is one of the things I love the most about Klopp. Besides being a top class manager, he also has a wicked sense of humor and recognizes football is just a game.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #49: May 12, 2015 02:43:51 pm
      This is one of the things I love the most about Klopp. Besides being a top class manager, he also has a wicked sense of humor and recognizes football is just a game.

If he came here and didn't do well I wonder how long that pissing about would be tolerated? ;D
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #50: May 12, 2015 02:52:58 pm
      If he came here and didn't do well I wonder how long that pissing about would be tolerated? ;D
      That depends on How much cheaper he is to hire than BR.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #51: May 12, 2015 02:54:19 pm
      That depends on How much cheaper he is to hire than BR.

I meant by the supporters. ;D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #52: May 12, 2015 03:17:11 pm

Well considering this forum had pages of debate over Colin Pascoe's body language, I'd give Klopp about 2 weeks before there's debate over his stubble :laugh:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #53: May 12, 2015 03:18:55 pm
      Well considering this forum had pages of debate over Colin Pascoe's body language, I'd give Klopp about 2 weeks before there's debate over his stubble :laugh:

That's not even getting into this glasses and cap.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #54: May 12, 2015 03:29:15 pm
      Isn't Tuchel supposed to be taking over?

Can't see it Shabs.

Agree Debbs, I thought at the time the project would appeal to Rafa with similarities with us.

Rafa's heart is set on returning home, it's his spiritual place, Anfield is where he belongs and is within his element.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #55: May 17, 2015 07:57:27 pm
      Lost to Wolfsberg, best he can do is finish 6th and that requires a win in their last game and a loss by Augsburg.

We feel your pain Jürgen.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #56: May 17, 2015 10:14:21 pm
      Lost to Wolfsberg, best he can do is finish 6th and that requires a win in their last game and a loss by Augsburg.

I'm sure a Cup Final appearance will ease the pain somewhat.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #57: May 17, 2015 10:19:11 pm
      I'm sure a Cup Final appearance will ease the pain somewhat.

Do you get a trophy for an appearance? I was under the impression you only get a trophy for winning? 
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #58: May 17, 2015 10:21:57 pm
      Do you get a trophy for an appearance? I was under the impression you only get a trophy for winning? 

No but you have a chance of getting one if you reach the final.

Not very good at this how you win trophies stuff are you?

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #59: May 17, 2015 10:24:33 pm
      No but you have a chance of getting one if you reach the final.

Not very good at this how your win trophies stuff are you?

No, I'm not good at this apparent idea that it's an awesome accomplishment to get to a final. Who gives a flip if you don't win it all. It means nothing. Just like I was told about us coming so close to winning the league last year means nothing. Cup finals aren't anything to cheer if you don't win. You can't put "cup final appearances" in your trophy cabinet.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #60: May 17, 2015 10:28:40 pm

No connection to Klopp to feel his pain.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #61: May 17, 2015 10:32:45 pm
      No, I'm not good at this apparent idea that it's an awesome accomplishment to get to a final. Who gives a flip if you don't win it all. It means nothing. Just like I was told about us coming so close to winning the league last year means nothing. Cup finals aren't anything to cheer if you don't win. You can't put "cup final appearances" in your trophy cabinet.

Yeah I know mate shame there's no trophies for coming second, then at least Rodgers would have got his first trophy.

But back to Klopp fairly confident he will have another trophy under his belt as he has reached another final.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #62: May 17, 2015 10:36:31 pm

A valid point FL but Klopp has a history of winning so I'm not sure why your picking on this one point?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #63: May 17, 2015 10:44:19 pm
      A valid point FL but Klopp has a history of winning so I'm not sure why your picking on this one point?

I wasn't the one that brought up the final Si. Maybe you should ask HSc why it was so important to mention. My comment was that we feel his pain as we could finish 6th as well.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #64: May 18, 2015 12:26:41 pm
      Why would Klopp consider this club above others.If he sits down and looks a the squad and the owners wantCL football and to challenge for the League then he would surely run a million miles from it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #65: May 18, 2015 01:08:50 pm
      Klopp wouldn't make it a season under the current setup. He's not compliant and he'd end up walking out himself.

The only reason Brendan has put up with it is becuase he understands how special of a job it is to manager this club and how lucky he is to be here.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #66: May 18, 2015 01:15:44 pm
      Why would Klopp consider this club above others.If he sits down and looks a the squad and the owners wantCL football and to challenge for the League then he would surely run a million miles from it.

I think he would relish the chance mate.  The squad isn't as bad as is being made out to be, we have a nucleus of very talented young players, they just look a mess because of how we set up, being played out of position and the constant swapping and changing of tactics and formations.

Klopp wouldn't make it a season under the current setup. He's not compliant and he'd end up walking out himself.

The only reason Brendan has put up with it is becuase he understands how special of a job it is to manager this club and how lucky he is to be here.

What makes you think that FL?  Klopp works with a DoF or Sporting Director so he's used to having players bought for him and he'll have a hell of a lot more money to work with than he's ever had at Dortmund.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #67: May 18, 2015 01:23:05 pm
      I think he would relish the chance mate.  The squad isn't as bad as is being made out to be, we have a nucleus of very talented young players, they just look a mess because of how we set up, being played out of position and the constant swapping and changing of tactics and formations.

What makes you think that FL?  Klopp works with a DoF or Sporting Director so he's used to having players bought for him and he'll have a hell of a lot more money to work with than he's ever had at Dortmund.

Well...he's walked out of Dortmund hasn't he? So I can't imagine he would make it at Liverpool...which is a job that even Stevie described as one of the hardest in the world.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #68: May 18, 2015 01:25:21 pm
      Well...he's walked out of Dortmund hasn't he? So I can't imagine he would make it at Liverpool...which is a job that even Stevie described as one of the hardest in the world.

He's hardly 'walked out' mate. He's been there 7 years and probably thinks its time for a change.

Quick Reply