Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

All things considered, where should we be?

Read 8656 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: All things considered, where should we be?
      Reply #46: Apr 21, 2015 07:15:07 pm
      By the money spent, we should be right up there and I'd be expecting us to be winning a trophy this season.

In terms of the performances from the team this season we are higher in the league than we should be and went further in the FA Cup than we should have done.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #47: Apr 21, 2015 07:20:38 pm
      That's how I look at things. I already know what's wrong, I want to know how it gets fixed instead of all the hysterical nonsense seen in here over the past couple of days.

I think it is just a mentality thing Swab.

I don't think FSG are thieves, I don't think they are bad people. I think they want to win (who would not?) but winning is not the priority.

Until winning become the priority things will not change.

We are going to be a top 6 club in the Premiership, we will be in Europa/CL more often than not and who knows we may get lucky and steal a trophy now and again.

We are never going to have the money of City/Chelsea nor the stadium capacity of the old toliet...we will be good in all things but never great at them.

PD said it right a few years ago, safe owners; this is not H&G mk.2 but this is also not the dawn of a new golden age.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #48: Apr 21, 2015 07:29:53 pm
      I may have missed it mate but what is your thoughts on what is wrong?

I've said since it became public knowledge that the recruitment and remuneration policy is wrong imo.
      I can see how it could work, because it works elsewhere, but I don't think it can work in the prem.

I'm becoming increasingly concerned (since our CL debacle) over BR's coaching methods.
      They are fine, good even, when a team is only going for domestic trophies, but the CL showed me that this idea of almost subliminal coaching to bring the players to a weekly peak tailored for different opponents cannot work in a crowded match schedule.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 2816 
      Reply #49: Apr 21, 2015 07:31:16 pm
      Considering we spent more than 100m in the summer, we should be in the top four minimum with a trophy as well.

Considering what we spend the 100m on, we're exactly where we should be in the league (although we should still be in the FA Cup).
      ORCHARD RED
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #50: Apr 21, 2015 07:34:12 pm
      Last season really gave everyone a boost, we're finally back! Or so we thought!
      Reality check this season, and proof that if you sell your only world class player with out properly replacing him, you going to suffer the  consequences.
      Chelsea already had a team to challenge, they made a few tweaks and did what was expected of them. Utd spent a F**k loads on international players, they started slowly, gradually got it together. City were rightly favourites from the start, and once again spent big on big name players.
      Spurs were bound to improve this season after struggling to gel so many new faces last season.

So maybe it was a bit presumptuous to think we have a right to be finishing in the top 4, when our rivals, we're likely to be fielding superior squads!
      ORCHARD RED
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #51: Apr 21, 2015 07:34:50 pm
      Considering we spent more than 100m in the summer, we should be in the top four minimum with a trophy as well.

Considering what we spend the 100m on, we're exactly where we should be in the league (although we should still be in the FA Cup).
      Utd spent 56 million on 1 player!
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #52: Apr 22, 2015 12:52:07 pm
      and spurs spent that amount and didnt get top 4 and have not got it again this year, its not how much you spend but how you spend it and we simply spent it on the wrong players that will hopefully come good next season

Quick Reply