Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Liverpool 1:2 Aston Villa In game & post match "debate".

Read 37746 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Re: Liverpool 1:2 Aston Villa In game & post match "debate".
      Reply #529: Apr 19, 2015 08:27:13 pm
      It was as bad as anything we saw in the first three months of the season. I don't buy into the typical 'no heart no effort' stuff that gets thrown out when we play badly. Poor tactics didn't help but where was the movement, the interplay, the fluidity that was such a part of our game only 5-6 weeks ago? And we never pressed the ball, it was almost as if we had decided the pitch was too big and it wasn't in the gameplan. We didn't get our skill players on the ball and the half-time change of bringing on Balo meant we had several players (Gerrard, Skrtel, Markovic and Balo) involved who had hardly kicked a ball in the last month.

I'm not gonna jump on the Brendan out bandwagon.

Least we saved ourselves the indignity of getting whooped by the gunners in the final. 
      Nene
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Reply #530: Apr 19, 2015 08:28:26 pm
      And yet you are still signing "In Brendan We Trust"?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #531: Apr 19, 2015 08:31:20 pm
      Least we saved ourselves the indignity of getting whooped by the gunners in the final. 

I knew you'd find a positive angle Scott. ;D

Good man.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #532: Apr 19, 2015 08:32:05 pm
      Their knob of a manager easily out thought our knob of a manager.

Disgusting attitude for a fan. If you have no respect for the manager, F**k off.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #533: Apr 19, 2015 08:33:50 pm
      Their knob of a manager easily out thought our knob of a manager.

Brendan may not be your man or even the right man but he isn't a knob and I hate this attitude to one of our own.

Sherwood is very much a knob though.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #534: Apr 19, 2015 08:39:01 pm
      And yet you are still signing "In Brendan We Trust"?

And I still will/do.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #535: Apr 19, 2015 08:46:46 pm
      (Un)fortunately I couldn't watch today's game as my wife gave birth to our son.  Can't say today's result was a massive surprise as we seemed to stop playing well in March.  Judging by the comments I don't think I will be making a rush to watch the full game back.

Hugely disappointing and only lends further credence that this current Liverpool team are regarded as bottlers.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #536: Apr 19, 2015 08:47:26 pm
      Just finished watching the game (recorded).

I'm utterly speechless by the absolute awfulness of that display from our side.

I'm struggling to find words for how pissed off, frustrated, angry and digusted I am with that performance.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #537: Apr 19, 2015 08:47:55 pm
      (Un)fortunately I couldn't watch today's game as my wife gave birth to our son. 

Congratulations mate.

Hugely disappointing and only lends further credence that this current Liverpool team are regarded as bottlers.

Bottlers of the highest order.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #538: Apr 19, 2015 08:48:20 pm
      (Un)fortunately I couldn't watch today's game as my wife gave birth to our son.  Can't say today's result was a massive surprise as we seemed to stop playing well in March.  Judging by the comments I don't think I will be making a rush to watch the full game back.

Congrats JD, I'm guessing your wife put in a much better shift than the "players" on our team did.

Seriously though, congrats, having kids is a blessing. 
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #539: Apr 19, 2015 08:48:45 pm

Congrats JD  :clap:

Hope Mum and baby are ok.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #540: Apr 19, 2015 08:49:27 pm

Screw the match there is more important things in life, Congratulations.

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #541: Apr 19, 2015 09:02:34 pm

Gaffer said perhaps today the occasion got to us

This is Liverpool Football Club

Bigger mentality required

Sherwood said that "they didn't care about what Liverpool had, they knew that if they stuck to their game plan, they'd cause Liverpool problems."

No sh*t. Especially in our inept midfield. Where most off the time, we were looking like we were more concerned about missing the Sunday roast.

That was one ugly LFC performance. I can take a defeat on the chin if we've had a go. But to see a team be so grim and lack enthusiasm like that, is criminal.

Rodgers coming out with the 'occasion' line, was a F***ing joke. This isn't some sort of school boy team playing in an FA Cup semi final. It was LFC. It seems the owners philosophy has spilled well and truly into the dressing room, if that's the case.

There's far too much paper over cracks in this Liverpool FC these days.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #542: Apr 19, 2015 09:04:30 pm
      Rodgers coming out with the 'occasion' line, was a F***ing joke. This isn't some sort of school boy team playing in an FA Cup semi final. It was LFC. It seems the owners philosophy has spilled well and truly into the dressing room, if that's the case.

Agree Ken and it's actually embarrassing to hear a LFC manager say it.

Hodge said sh*te like that all the time and we were up in arms so I don't see why it should be alright for Brendan to say it.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #543: Apr 19, 2015 09:08:07 pm
      Agree Ken and it's actually embarrassing to hear a LFC manager say it.

Hodge said sh*te like that all the time and we were up in arms so I don't see why it should be alright for Brendan to say it.

It's not...sometimes Brendan worries too much about saying something clever to deflect blame instead of just coming out and saying what needs to be said "My side was s**t!".

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #544: Apr 19, 2015 09:11:56 pm
      It's not...sometimes Brendan worries too much about saying something clever to deflect blame instead of just coming out and saying what needs to be said "My side was s**t!".

And hoping he doesn't offend the skipper.

Excellent my arse.

Don't get me wrong I'm not pissed with Gerrard as he's had performances like that for a while in him now and he was by no means alone but I just do not get why the manager felt the need to stess he was excellent when he was anything but.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #545: Apr 19, 2015 09:12:50 pm

Excellent my arse.

Don't get me wrong I'm not pissed with Gerrard as he's had performances like that for a while in him now and he was by no means alone but I just do not get why the manager felt the need to stess he was excellent when he was anything but.

Gerrard should have come out and chided Brendan for saying that, then apologized for that wasteful performance.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #546: Apr 19, 2015 09:16:28 pm

Excellent my arse.

He's such a kiss arse when it comes to Gerrard. Brendan's mentality is still stuck in Swansea mode. The occasion got the better of us? We've been in much, much bigger games than that. I'd dread to think what would have happened in the second half in Istanbul or the second leg against Chelsea in the semi-final if he was in charge with that mentality. Looking back, I don't think we'd have gotten out of the group.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #547: Apr 19, 2015 09:18:13 pm
      He's such a kiss arse when it comes to Gerrard. Brendan's mentality is still stuck in Swansea mode. The occasion got the better of us? We've been in much, much bigger games than that. I'd dread to think what would have happened in the second half in Istanbul or the second leg against Chelsea in the semi-final if he was in charge with that mentality. Looking back, I don't think we'd have gotten out of the group.

It's small time attitude and looks like it runs from top to bottom now as JD, or RedKenny, said earlier.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #548: Apr 19, 2015 09:30:57 pm
      I'm guilty of it. We all probably are. When the going gets tough, you start looking at the negatives. As a Liverpool red though, you take the rough with the smooth and look forward to better days when we have a bad result.

That is under the impression though that the people upstairs are on the same page as you. To hear an LFC manager talk about an 'occasion' getting to us when it's a semi final, spells the wrong words from above to me. You have to build your players up and up.

The team were sh*te today. Manager might have nailed a few into his coffin though. The mentality seems to be getting worse to me.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #549: Apr 19, 2015 09:31:16 pm
      Can only echo previous comments pretty much total lack of passion. Struggle to understand bringing johnson on when we are a goal down and not looking like scoring then Ricky with 1 minute of normal time left.

Plan A was awful and plan B got worse. Totally outplayed by a bunch of relegation dodgers.

TBH I c think things are going to get worse from here,  top four will end up 7th the way we are playing at present with more embarrassment on the way.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #550: Apr 19, 2015 09:34:15 pm
      I'm guilty of it. We all probably are. When the going gets tough, you start looking at the negatives. As a Liverpool red though, you take the rough with the smooth and look forward to better days when we have a bad result.

That is under the impression though that the people upstairs are on the same page as you. To hear an LFC manager talk about an 'occasion' getting to us when it's a semi final, spells the wrong words from above to me. You have to build your players up and up.

The team were sh*te today. Manager might have nailed a few into his coffin though. The mentality seems to be getting worse to me.

I woke up this morning as if it was our most important game under Brendan Ken.

Looks like the players and manager didn't have the same idea as it look like they thought they were playing the Charity Shield.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #551: Apr 19, 2015 09:35:12 pm
      I woke up this morning as if it was our most important game under Brendan Ken.

Looks like the plahyers and manager didn't have the same idea as it looke like they thought they were playing the Charity Shield.

You and I are on the same wave length Si. I felt the same way and as I watched this one fade away I don't remember the last time I've been so pessimistic about where this team is headed.

Quick Reply