Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Liverpool 1:2 Aston Villa In game & post match "debate".

Read 37699 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Re: Liverpool 1:2 Aston Villa In game & post match "debate".
      Reply #575: Apr 19, 2015 11:44:41 pm
      Home from Wembley
      Feeling dissapointed and cheated  :(
      Gutless performance  :depressed:
      They wanted it much more than us  :(

Sorry you had to watch it first hand Cas....I know how pissed off I was watching it in my living room. Can't imagine how much more pissed off I'd be had I watched it in person. :(
      MsGerrard
      Reply #576: Apr 19, 2015 11:52:23 pm
      Sorry you had to watch it first hand Cas....I know how pissed off I was watching it in my living room. Can't imagine how much more pissed off I'd be had I watched it in person. :(

Was really looking forward to it as well... hurts, when you spend a small fortune and the team can't be arsed to turn up, and then you hear Sterling wanting £180k a week, well fooking well earn it lad !!! not just getting at him, it was a poor team performance today, maybe I won't be bothered to turn up every week at Anfield and show them my support, and save myself a couple of grand in the process  :mad:
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #577: Apr 20, 2015 04:41:14 am
      Dissapointing performance, how can we not turn up to a major cup semi at Wembley?

I am dissapointed and empty but somehow not really suprised it is the standard that we have been accustomed to.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #578: Apr 20, 2015 05:07:22 am
      bunch of kids managed by a rookie, if you're being brutally, brutally honest.

are we going to bring in three, at the very minimum, established players next season? or are we going to field Skrtel, Mignolet and a bunch of u23s?

LFC will be the lowest we've ever seen it next season if things keep going like this.... I'm never one to be dramatic, pessimistic or make grand statements but look at our squad and look at how we approached Wembley last night... I am not attacking the manager or anyone for that matter, we as a club just lack any soul or ambition...
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #579: Apr 20, 2015 05:44:05 am
      *In best geezer accent*
      "We done ya, mate. We done ya."

F***ing terrible.
      All the talk of the occasion getting to the players.
      The players should be relishing these occasions.
      That's the Liverpool I grew up with.
      That's the Liverpool we know and love.
      Existing to win trophies.
      Doing. Whatever. It. Took. to do so.
      5 European Cups. 18 Leagues.
      That's the consequence of ambition.
      From top to bottom there is no ambition beyond wage control.
      There is no will to win trophies at the top level.
      That's what is lacking and without that no team will ever win.

It was shocking mate and for me the buck stops with our manager for our failings this season as he has got an awful lot wrong. That's three times in a month now that we have had huge and season defining games and just gone out without any motivation or heart.

We made five tackles yesterday? Five in an FA Cup semi final that was the only thing left in our season. That right there is shocking alone as there should have been ten or more in the last ten minutes of a game that we were watching pass us by.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #580: Apr 20, 2015 07:23:24 am
      It was shocking mate and for me the buck stops with our manager for our failings this season as he has got an awful lot wrong. That's three times in a month now that we have had huge and season defining games and just gone out without any motivation or heart.

We made five tackles yesterday? Five in an FA Cup semi final that was the only thing left in our season. That right there is shocking alone as there should have been ten or more in the last ten minutes of a game that we were watching pass us by.

Delph made more tackles than Gerrard,Henderson and Allen combined!!

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #581: Apr 20, 2015 07:31:50 am
      Most ineffective game Henderson has ever had. I literally cannot recall his name being mentioned once.

Even Couts went AWOL after his deflected goal

Our midfield is appallingly inconsistent and borderline poor

Now: Gerrard (gone), Allen, Henderson, Lucas

Then: Alonso, Mascherano, Garcia, Gerrard (prime)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #582: Apr 20, 2015 07:49:49 am
      bunch of kids managed by a rookie, if you're being brutally, brutally honest.

are we going to bring in three, at the very minimum, established players next season? or are we going to field Skrtel, Mignolet and a bunch of u23s?

LFC will be the lowest we've ever seen it next season if things keep going like this.... I'm never one to be dramatic, pessimistic or make grand statements but look at our squad and look at how we approached Wembley last night... I am not attacking the manager or anyone for that matter, we as a club just lack any soul or ambition...

i take it you never had the pleasure of the souness years
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #583: Apr 20, 2015 08:39:15 am
      Mignolet - A par performance from him, shaky from the feet and it looked like, at times, the defence wasn't listening to him.
      Lovren - Half decent performance, looked nervous.
      Skrtel - Quiet and should have swapped with positions with Can, as soon as it was obvious that Benteke was sitting on him.
      Can - Benteke had him all day.
      Moreno - A thankless task today, one of our better players.
      Markovich - Unlucky to be the one hooked, looked short in confidence, but did provide some width and penetration down the right.
      Allen - Claude Rains yet again, noticed him once the whole game.
      Gerrard - Was hoping to see the ghost of Gerrard past, we got his shadow. Villa players walked past him.
      Henderson - Always available, pressed well but his distribution was abysmal.
      Coutinho - Produced some moments of magic but lived on the peripheral of the game, though lack of balls to his feet certainly didn't help.
      Sterling - Always looked to take an extra touch and, for the large part, was ineffective.  Strayed offside so often, slowing attacks.
      Balotelli - Actually troubled the Villa back line, caused us to play direct and though onside when he scored, spent most of his time offside, halting attacks before they got going.
      Lambert - Pointless.

If Mario's goal hadn't been wrongly ruled out, I still have no idea how the game would have panned out.  Villa being the better side on the day is as painful as the result.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #584: Apr 20, 2015 08:41:18 am
      Feel even worse this morning after probably the worse performance I have seen from a Liverpool team in a semi final ever.
      Making the likes of Delph look like Zidane in his prime. I wouldn't be surprised to see Delph here next season because that's the sort of ridiculous things we do at our club.

It's going to be a long week.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #585: Apr 20, 2015 08:45:37 am
      Fantastic performance, we only lost by a single goal to a real good Villa team. Added to that our fantastic performance in the league and exhilarating performances in Europe, its clear we're seeing a great job being done by Fenway. 4 and a half fantastic years. Our owners love football and they invest so much with us to succeed The glory days are just around the corner.

Oh hang on a bit, I thought I was Hollywood Balls/Swab.  :o

Does anyone on here seriously need a weatherman to tell them its raining? Atleast in the Souness yrs we were a football club. But under this shower.... :roll:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #586: Apr 20, 2015 08:49:53 am
      Still gutted, still angry, still lost for words - a poor team display from a poor team, packed to the gills with "squad" players. Scary.  :-\
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #587: Apr 20, 2015 08:55:45 am
      Villa deserved the win. We were in an FA Cup semi and the performance we put in lacked spirit, desire and belief.
      BR has alot to answer for in terms of selection and in game management, however the players have to answer for their lack of conviction.
      It was like watching the Man Utd and Arsenal games again...we were second to all the loose balls, didnt win the 50/50 tackles and seemed slower all over the pitch. No desire, no energy in a FA Cup semi??
      There is something terribly wrong to the core of LFC at the moment. Anfield matches too, seems to have little atmosphere too, so even the support has a lack of conviction.
      Whats gone wrong? Surely all of this cannot simply be down to the new owners? I mean they saved us from H&G and possible liquidation, and as far as i have seen, our managers have all received money to buy players (more than every club outside current top 4)...so shouldnt we be expected to at least show our superiority when playing the likes of Villa? We are LFC!! That statement alone should make others feel inferior and give our players and fans the belief that we are destined for better.

I really have no problem with us losing matches, but lately the manner in which it is happening is what really concerns me and i am looking for possible reasons why.
      So congrats Villa, well played and well deserved!
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,280 posts | 235 
      Reply #588: Apr 20, 2015 09:01:16 am
      Brendan Rodgers said after his team's defeat that Steven Gerrard had been excellent...
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #589: Apr 20, 2015 09:01:29 am

Is this true?

That's F***ing amazing and shocking if correct. Should have been 20 tackles in the first 10 minutes.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #590: Apr 20, 2015 09:51:20 am
      If the players had no spirit for a Fa cup semi, F**k off our team, this is directed to every player or staff. You are not fit to play for Liverpool. We won many things only on desire and passion.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #591: Apr 20, 2015 09:56:48 am
      What is the f**king point of Lambo now!!

Injury time and he brings on Lambert!

We are going out, so BR gives Rickie a rare dream run out at Wembley in a Liverpool shirt. BR starts Stevie, one of Stevie's last game at Wembley at the end of his Liverpool career. Emotional or what?
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #592: Apr 20, 2015 10:00:04 am
      (Un)fortunately I couldn't watch today's game as my wife gave birth to our son.  Can't say today's result was a massive surprise as we seemed to stop playing well in March.  Judging by the comments I don't think I will be making a rush to watch the full game back.

Hugely disappointing and only lends further credence that this current Liverpool team are regarded as bottlers.

Congratulations on your new addition to the Liverpool family JD. Hope mother and son are doing well.

At least something good came out of yesterday, for that we should be grateful.
      « Last Edit: Apr 20, 2015 10:12:38 pm by hardcoresoldier »
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #593: Apr 20, 2015 10:38:50 am
      And to make it worse, it's not even the defeat that hurts as much but once again the lack of fight, passion and effort from those wearing the Liverpool shirt. Some f**king sorting out needs to be done on that training ground. I've always loved Liverpool people on our staff because I don't think players dared not put in the effort when they had Ronnie Moran, Phil Thompson or even Sammy Lee to answer to. Mike Marsh? Hardly puts the fear of god into you does he? The one man who truly loves Liverpool, grew up loving Liverpool at the club now is f**king off to the States in a few weeks so he's not getting them wound up like he did last year. Tommy Smith giving them a good f**king kick up the arse on Melwood wouldn't go a miss.

I could not agree more. It was a pathetic performance by vast majority. Even the usual reliable fighters like Can and Hendo were missing alltogether. For all the talk of the owners not doing enough to bring in quality and the committee picking wrong players, we still had a team where half the boots are internationals, against f***ing Villa, an average f***ing team full of average players. Yet, they had far more bottle, resiliance, desire and energy than us in almost all areas of the pitch. I'm sorry but that is not down to anyone but the players and the manager. Both at fault, for lack of effort on the pitch, and for the wrong shape/tactics from the manager. I can be patient about a lot of things, but to see players wearign that shirt looking like they're looking forward to a bbq after the game, then it becomes utterly infuriating. Sh1te performance.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #594: Apr 20, 2015 10:39:37 am
      What a gash weekend. I couldn't find a ticket anywhere but I had seen an ad on a selling page from a guy selling two tickets. So I went and met with him in F***ing Chester on Saturday morning (he is from Bangor) and paid him £300 - he was selling them for £140 each and then cheekily asked me to pay him a further £20 to cover his train costs to and from Bangor. Before I paid him I asked him to show me his e-mail correspondence from the club and saw that he paid £43 each for those tickets. Felt like slapping the little knobhead. It boils my blood that these so called reds get hold of tickets and then act as a tout F***ing over other genuine reds. I was running out of time so it got to the point where I'd have paid anything to get a ticket but I'm still annoyed with that little bellend  - if you're on here lad then F**k you. I clocked your name and address on the e-mails so I might still report you to the club ;) ha ha ...

But anyway that's a different story, back to the football...

An awful performance. I can accept defeat with no problems providing we give 100% on the pitch. That's all we can ask. If we lose because the other team have outplayed us then fair enough, if we lose because of a bad refereeing decision then as annoying as it is I can accept it because it happens from time to time. We might also have games where we just cant put the ball in the back of the net no matter what.  But I just can't accept defeat when I'm watching 11 players just strolling around the pitch not giving the slightest F**k.

I can't think of one player yesterday who played well or put in any effort for us. That says it all. We badly missed Lucas, Sakho, Ibe and Sturridge but our starting 11 was more than good enough to beat Aston F***ing Villa yesterday.  Villa were well organised and hungry - they wanted to F***ing win, and even at 2-1 they were still coming at us - but at the end of the day we have better footballers than them. If we matched their desire to win then we would have won that game no problems. It was a semi final at Wembley for fucks sake I just can't get my head around how little our lads seemed to care. There is absolutely no excuse for it. Villa out ran us, won every challenge, every 50-50, every 1 on 1 battle - things you get taught at school boy level. It just wasn't F***ing good enough.

Mignolet - Made one or two decent saves. Haven't seen the replays but thought he could have perhaps done better for the goals. But not criticising him, the 10 players he had in front of him were absolutely sh*te.

Lovren - Awful. He is just a donkey. Not good enough for LFC. Whoever thought he was worth paying 20m for should not be involved in football. The game was already gone and we were desperate but that 25 yard strike in injury time from him just summed up what a retard he actually is.

Skrtel - He seems to be a favourite amongst many reds but I've never seen anything in him and yesterday was just another poor performance from him IMO. Skrtel is good enough when he has Sakho next to him. Put Lovren next to him and he's almost as bad as him.

Can - Not his best game by any means but probably slightly better than anybody else in our team yesterday

Moreno - Said it countless times on here, his energy and enthusiasm shadows how average he really is. His positioning is all over the place defensively and when he attacks even though he finds himself in some good positions sometimes his final ball is F***ing awful. Giving the lad some credit though, one or two crunch tackles from him yesterday and if it wasn't for his last ditch slide tackle villa would have been 3-1 up.

Markovic - Shithouse. The lad clearly has ability. An intelligent footballer who is gifted. He has potential to be a top player but he will never be one if he keeps bottling it. He has no confidence at all. Take a F***ing man on will you and have a shot once and a while, F***ing roll your sleeves up and get involved instead of standing on the touchline asking Brendan to hold your hand you little girl. F***ing man up.

Allen - worst player on the pitch. offers F**k all. cant defend, cant attack. bored of saying it.

Gerrard - second worst player on the pitch. Should never have started. When was his last start for us? He only played yesterday for sentimental reasons potentially being his last appearance at Wembley for Liverpool which proved to be the case. He was miles off the pace yesterday it was like having a pensioner out there. Brendan is in a no win situation though because had he benched steven and we lost anyway he would have got so much stick for it. Should never have started though.

Henderson - when steven was his age he was capable of grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck no matter what and basically winning games on his own for us. I know its unfair to compare the two, steven is the best midfielder ive ever seen, but Jordan is going to captain us next season but he doesn't step up and be counted enough. he was quiet yesterday and didn't get involved.

Coutinho - Isolated. Can't do everything on his own. Not his best game. Should have worked harder.

Sterling - Barely remember him touching the ball. You want £150k a week do you lad yeah? do ya? hahhahaahah jog on.

Balotelli - Seriously, I thought he was our best player yesterday.

Lambert - Our second best player.

Johnson - F**k off.

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #595: Apr 20, 2015 11:00:34 am
      (Un)fortunately I couldn't watch today's game as my wife gave birth to our son.  Can't say today's result was a massive surprise as we seemed to stop playing well in March.  Judging by the comments I don't think I will be making a rush to watch the full game back.

Hugely disappointing and only lends further credence that this current Liverpool team are regarded as bottlers.

Congratulations on the birth John

Hope mother and son are doing well. Made up for you

As for the match.. I can't even bring myself to think about it. It was simply awful. I'm absolutely gutted.. As I'm sure you all are. That gutted feeling then turns to anger when I then think from right at the top of the club that they won't be gutted, they won't be that bothered.

You know what? The cups matter to me, to all fans.. We can say with a straight face that it's very difficult to compete with the big money clubs in the league in modern football.. But today we got completely outplayed and out fought by a team who seemingly wanted it more who have far less ability in the team, even less financial footing than we have and we meekly went out of the chance to win something.

That mindset that goes through football now is entrenched in our club as well that the cups are less important than CL football.. Well I disafuckingree.. That should have meant everything to them yesterday.. As much as it means to us, we went down there and had to watch us litre rally not be at the races against Aston Villa.
      Then after through social media and stuff you just don't get the feeling it really mattered

Flair play to Villa.. They deserved it.. They knew that was their season right there.. Our players seemed to think that we have bigger fish to fry.. Well F***ing wake up.. We are turning into a nothing club in modern football and that hurts more than anyone will know to admit that.

From the top to the bottom we don't know where we are it seems.. To many F***ing nice guys running the club. We need to start being nasty fuckers again..

I don't mind if we lose, not if we give our best.. If that was our best then the whole lot can F**k off to their summer holidays wanking off over their bank balances

F***ing modern football
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #596: Apr 20, 2015 11:02:44 am
      The thing that is still pissing me off this morning is the sheer lack of appetite in the second half to try and win the game.

From the players and from the manager.

Talk about going through the motions.

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #597: Apr 20, 2015 11:26:25 am
      Balotelli - Seriously, I thought he was our best player yesterday.

I actually don't disagree with this. Balo, Couts and Can made mroe effort than anyone else, but can't do much if everyone else doesn't give s sh*t. Yes we scored and should have taken to extra time but for an incorrect offside - but I genuinely thought Villa deserved it more than us. That depresses me more than anythign else.

Quick Reply