Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool 1:2 Aston Villa In game & post match "debate".

Read 37479 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Liverpool 1:2 Aston Villa In game & post match "debate".
      Reply #598: Apr 20, 2015 11:45:14 am
      The thing that is still pissing me off this morning is the sheer lack of appetite in the second half to try and win the game.

From the players and from the manager.

Talk about going through the motions.

Couldn't agree more mate and agree with Jon's post above "F***ing modern football" sick of it.

Passion, determination, drive, will to win, hunger, relentless could any single player be given any of those descriptions after that match, they should come natural stepping out in a semi-final, well we were let down massively and like you I'm still fuming about it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #599: Apr 20, 2015 11:46:55 am
      Couldn't agree more mate and agree with Jon's post above "F***ing modern football" sick of it.

Passion, determination, drive, will to win, hunger, relentless could any single player be given any of those descriptions after that match, they should come natural stepping out in a semi-final, well we were let down massively and like you I'm still fuming about it.

We on here probably think I'm over reacting but I can't shake the anger today.

I've built this whole season on winning the Cup.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #600: Apr 20, 2015 12:33:00 pm
      We on here probably think I'm over reacting but I can't shake the anger today.

I've built this whole season on winning the Cup.

Slowly but surely everything became about the Cup.
      Winning Cups makes winning mentality, something the club no longer has.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #601: Apr 20, 2015 12:36:11 pm
      (Un)fortunately I couldn't watch today's game as my wife gave birth to our son.  Can't say today's result was a massive surprise as we seemed to stop playing well in March.  Judging by the comments I don't think I will be making a rush to watch the full game back.

Hugely disappointing and only lends further credence that this current Liverpool team are regarded as bottlers.

you didn't miss much from your end - congratulations!

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #602: Apr 20, 2015 12:37:14 pm
      Slowly but surely everything became about the Cup.
      Winning Cups makes winning mentality, something the club no longer has.

Yep.

Seems lost on may though. Apparently finish 4th breeds a better side and more chance of success.

That is if success is playing a few games in the CL each season and finishing 4th at the end.

Its all bullshit mate.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #603: Apr 20, 2015 12:44:07 pm
      Well that was toilet.

Badly missed lucas, and Gerrard is not match fit.

Surprised we never played Can i MF from tha start and played either toure or Johnson at the back 3.

Only bonus, couthino again showed he is our best player, Lovren had a decent game, and Balo made an impact when he came on.

Apart from that, not many pass marks.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #604: Apr 20, 2015 02:15:55 pm
      I still can't talk about in but I popped in here to see that I have mates feeling exactly the same way I do. F***ing shattered!

EDIT. Congrats JD, hope u, the missus and bubs are all doing well.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #605: Apr 20, 2015 06:00:21 pm
      Feel the season is over tbh, a lot of dead wood needs to be shipped out. What is needed is players, who take pride in wearing the Red shirt. Sadly they are few and far between, overseas players on massive salaries only seem to sign to pick up their fat pay cheques at the end of the month. Do not know what the answer is could do no worse than picking players, from the academy apparently after yesterday's woeful and inept display.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #606: Apr 20, 2015 07:54:11 pm
      Get Ballotelli up top . Flanagan in at RB and  Can in midfield ( even though I dont think he has the stamina for 90) get players playing in their normal positions. Would also look at throwing a few of the young lads on bench. Seriously what is the point of Lambert and Borini on there.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #607: Apr 20, 2015 08:38:16 pm
      Well that was a long day slightly hungover and very down about that awful showing yesterday .
      That has to be one of the worst performances I've seen from LFC in a very long time.
      Thier was not a lot of fight or intensity in the team from back to front ,very worrying.
      It was a FA cup semi final for fucks sake and the players looked like they were in a pre season friendly,now losing Lucas and Sturridge was a blow granted ,but ,surely there should of being more from the players than that.
      I can only praise Villa on thier performance they gave everything we didn't so good luck to them in the final.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #608: Apr 20, 2015 09:07:30 pm
      Well, just like the season as a whole, the team let themselves down. It was obvious that as soon as we got the goal they were going to get back into the game. After we got the goal it was as though we thought we didn't have to work as hard and they were passing it around us with ease as though they were Barca at one point. Why Balotelli was put on I still don't know and what Rodgers was thinking bringing on Lambert for the last 3 minutes is beyond me...chasing the game so wait until the last minutes before doing the change even though up until that point it didn't even remotely look as though we were going to score again.

Not good enough. It's Aston Villa for F**k sake and the lads didn't even look as though they could get themselves going with it being a semi final.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #609: Apr 21, 2015 02:44:35 am
      Didn't see the game Sunday; sounds like I was lucky enough in not witnessing the collapse and whimper of our most important game of the season.

Not game enough to waste the bandwidth on it either now.

Dust ourselves down, go again; the season's almost over...
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #610: Apr 21, 2015 04:38:52 pm
      Lucas injures his thigh, Gerrard has to step in and start the match, all the preparations are fu**ed.

It shouldn't make as much difference as it did, but everything was slow, slow, slow.
      In the first half there was hardly any pressing.
      No player consistently showed in front of the CB's for the ball, and when BR put it right Gerrard was laboured and too many players were deferring to him.
      At one point, Henderson was on the right and was looking to pick out Coutinho in the centre, only for Gerrard to call for the ball, Henderson promptly turned around and passed backwards, and all momentum was lost.
      This happened time and time again.

I don't think it was the players as such, I think it was bad preparation and shows the flaw in BR's training where he does it incrementally over a week.
      This was also a problem in the CL, so it's not like it's a surprise.

Quick Reply