Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      5 (8.8%)
      Can
      2 (3.5%)
      Skrtel
      1 (1.8%)
      Lovren
      32 (56.1%)
      Johnson
      1 (1.8%)
      Henderson
      1 (1.8%)
      Gerrard
      2 (3.5%)
      Ibe
      1 (1.8%)
      Coutinho
      7 (12.3%)
      Sterling
      2 (3.5%)
      Balotelli
      1 (1.8%)
      Lallana - 75'
      0 (0%)
      Borini - 75'
      2 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 57

West Brom 0-0 Liverpool: In game and post match debate

Read 21307 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Re: West Brom 0-0 Liverpool: In game and post match debate
      Reply #276: Apr 26, 2015 12:05:53 am
      Yeah took a knock apparently but still doesn't excuse Johnson getting a game.

Who would you have played then?

That makes sense to me.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #277: Apr 26, 2015 12:17:29 am
      Who would you have played then?

That makes sense to me.

Bearing in mind we started off with 3 at the back. Can Skrtel and Lovren

Johnson a player who is off at the end if the season, has offered nothing going forward or defensively over the last 18 months, along with Gerrard after his performance against Villa must make you wonder what the rest of the squad make of Rodgers line ups.

Point being why keep giving the likes of Johnson and Gerrard a spot after they have delivered Jack this season.

Amongst others but one of Rodgers  main criticisms for me picking his favourites irrespective of form.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #278: Apr 26, 2015 12:18:53 am
      Bearing in mind we started off with 3 at the back. Can Skrtel and Lovren

I didn't realise we started 3 at the back. MOTD didn't make that clear.

Point being why keep giving the likes of Johnson and Gerrard a spot after they have delivered Jack this season.

Amongst others but one of Rodgers  main criticisms for me picking his favourites irrespective of form.

Agree.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #279: Apr 26, 2015 03:36:12 am
      Urgency in the 2nd half. I loved that. Great half time team talk from Brendan. Shame we didnt score. Lovern is a beast. That "future captain" remark might not be that far off in the end.

Im deeply sorry for this but I sense when a game is fixed (for a draw in this case). This was the case. Great point for WBA and if when we beat Hull everything is going to look very good for Liverpool.

Boring first half but Bayern wouldnt have scored neither. I hate ya Pulis. Travelling cop superb. Ref was ok but where is a handball??
      Hendo wasnt in the races. Needs a rest. Lucas come back son. We are back.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #280: Apr 26, 2015 08:13:19 am
      Disappointing result with an ordinary performance to match.

WBA gave us possession and we couldn't make it count. Toothless. We need 2 additional quality strikers to add to Origi and Sturridge (who cannot be relied upon). Ship out Borini, Lambert and Balotelli and start again up top.

I thought Sterling for 60-65mins gave his all and fought, ran and tried his best but he isn't a world beater and therefore shouldn't be looked upon to be our 'Suarez'. But he gave a good account of himself then faded in the last 20-25mins. Coutinho was his usual self, looking to unlock or shoot things but he needs that extra bit of quality ahead of him and Sterling to make our creativity produce results, and clearly Balotelli isn't the man for this, nor Borini, nor Lambert.

Ibe was unlucky hitting the bar, while our striking options, or lack of are a worry, so to is CM midfield IMO - Allen, Lucas and Henderson who signed a new contract way above his worth and impact - that's a cause for concern (the midfield area) too.

Quite simply, we haven't scored nearly enough goals this season and that's been our main downfall.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #281: Apr 26, 2015 09:01:02 am
      Would be funny if it wasn't true mate.

Strange that Lovren is top of the poll in a game that some say we dominated.

May have dominated in terms of possession stats, but in terms of goal chances, I can recall 3. Stevie free kick, Ball effort over the bar and Ibe hitting the bar. Otherwise it was a limp performance IMO. The lack of effort suggests to me that maybe Brendan has lost the faith of the players. They should be running through brick walls. No-one was particularly poor, it was just a turgid, lazy performance. Which is utterly unacceptable. If any of the remaining games play out the same way, then I truly believe Brendan will be gone as it will only further highlight the players aren't playing for him.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #282: Apr 26, 2015 09:52:42 am
      Can't keep using the loss of Suarez as an excuse. We got given a handsome amount of money but the committee and Brendan pissed it down the drain.

If nothing was done to address the void created when Suarez left any narration in that context is perfectly justified; irrespective of parrot impressions the anomaly still exists as do the implications.
      Any conditional attempt at replacing genius by definition cannot succeed, genius is not a half measure.
      Acquiring potential is never a guarantee of success, the presumption is faulted.

Expecting any individual to shuffle the above and emerge juggling trophies is totally unrealistic; as unrealistic as not providing the practical means to achieve. 
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #283: Apr 26, 2015 12:58:13 pm

May have dominated in terms of possession stats, but in terms of goal chances, I can recall 3. Stevie free kick, Ball effort over the bar and Ibe hitting the bar. Otherwise it was a limp performance IMO. The lack of effort suggests to me that maybe Brendan has lost the faith of the players. They should be running through brick walls. No-one was particularly poor, it was just a turgid, lazy performance. Which is utterly unacceptable. If any of the remaining games play out the same way, then I truly believe Brendan will be gone as it will only further highlight the players aren't playing for him.

Don't forget Hendos toe poke that was saved by the keepers leg. If he just had a bit of composure and lifted it, it would have been in the back of the net but in the heat of the moment, sh*t happens and always seems to when we are concerned.

So that's 4 chances...no goals!

Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #284: Apr 26, 2015 01:07:45 pm
      Only match I've had a chance to make the trip for.

Traveling fans were boss.

Team was flat.

Hope everyone here has been well
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      Reply #285: Apr 26, 2015 01:13:55 pm
      Don't forget Hendos toe poke that was saved by the keepers leg. If he just had a bit of composure and lifted it, it would have been in the back of the net but in the heat of the moment, sh*t happens and always seems to when we are concerned.

So that's 4 chances...no goals!

To me, our team do not have the players with that killer instinct. Like Suarez, Rush, etc. Those character are usually born and not learn. We need those striker.

Like you said, "in the heat of the moment", you do not have the time to think, its kind of natural reflextion.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #286: Apr 26, 2015 01:26:11 pm
      To me, our team do not have the players with that killer instinct. Like Suarez, Rush, etc. Those character are usually born and not learn. We need those striker.

Like you said, "in the heat of the moment", you do not have the time to think, its kind of natural reflextion.

Yep. A fit all Season Sturridge would have had the killer instinct.

Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #287: Apr 26, 2015 02:08:53 pm
      Game was summed up when the pundit on the commentary said when WBA made their sub at 80 mins - "well that looks like 9-1 for the last 10 minutes" (referring to their formation).

Not sure what is worse that we can't break them down in 90 mins or that WBA fans turn up to watch a Pulis team.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #288: Apr 26, 2015 02:32:08 pm
      « previous topic next topic »

Yeah.. Those characters are lacking.. We need a few mad c**t mavericks.. You kno, those guys who are wrong and strong..lolol. Carra? Bellers? Bellers character alone would bully a ref unintentionally..lololo. .
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #289: Apr 26, 2015 02:34:19 pm
      Yep. A fit all Season Sturridge would have had the killer instinct.

Yeah goals with attitude and swag, ,I love that but I was more talking about those guys who argue EVERYTHING for LFC whilst scoring goals as well.. Honestly.. I'm not sure we have enough bastids in the team??
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #290: Apr 26, 2015 04:25:50 pm
      Disappointing result with an ordinary performance to match.

WBA gave us possession and we couldn't make it count. Toothless. We need 2 additional quality strikers to add to Origi and Sturridge (who cannot be relied upon). Ship out Borini, Lambert and Balotelli and start again up top.

I thought Sterling for 60-65mins gave his all and fought, ran and tried his best but he isn't a world beater and therefore shouldn't be looked upon to be our 'Suarez'. But he gave a good account of himself then faded in the last 20-25mins. Coutinho was his usual self, looking to unlock or shoot things but he needs that extra bit of quality ahead of him and Sterling to make our creativity produce results, and clearly Balotelli isn't the man for this, nor Borini, nor Lambert.

Ibe was unlucky hitting the bar, while our striking options, or lack of are a worry, so to is CM midfield IMO - Allen, Lucas and Henderson who signed a new contract way above his worth and impact - that's a cause for concern (the midfield area) too.

Quite simply, we haven't scored nearly enough goals this season and that's been our main downfall.

Agree mate. We've scored 40 goals less than last year at the same time as last season. I actually thought Balo did ok, but he isn't the striker that will get us goals. We're never going to replace Suarez, but just a good striker who can can 20+ goals is what we miss. That's Studge but he's clearly as reliable as Renault Clio.

The whole team looked like they were working hard and moving the ball about quickly, but we really didn't create many chances. Really don't know why SG and GJ started. Hendo has never played alongside SG, it's a partnership that's been tested many times and never worked. I'm annoyed at BR for that decision alone. But the fact that he came out and said our approach play was "outstanding" again was bizarre. If he's trying to keep the team morale up, I can may be understand, but if he really thought that was outstanding, I have questions about his judgement.

As many think, need to get rid of the top 3 and replace them with one quality striker. Coutinho needed much more movement ahead of him to create space but Balo is not that man.

Absolutely fair play to Lovren though, he's had so much stick but he's been putting in decent performances lately.

Nothing to cheer about, I await summer transfer business with trepidation.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #291: Apr 26, 2015 06:29:59 pm
      If Brendan says we were outstanding, I'll knock his shiny white teeth out!

Brendan Rodgers: Liverpool 'outstanding' against West Brom
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32468638
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #292: Apr 26, 2015 06:32:57 pm

It's a bit irritating, but most managers talk crud to the media ...  Hazards leg is worth 100mill apparantly...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #293: Apr 26, 2015 09:37:41 pm
      Didn't see it... don't want to see it. Roll on next season. Annoying thing is, if we win yesterday we had a chance of catching the mancs
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #294: Apr 26, 2015 10:32:54 pm
      Didn't see it... don't want to see it. Roll on next season. Annoying thing is, if we win yesterday we had a chance of catching the mancs
      It shows the attitude or lack of it from the management right down to the players , to go out with a winning mentality just in case the enemy slip up is not in the psyche of the team anymore .

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #295: Apr 27, 2015 12:46:03 am
      That posession statistic is so flawed looking at the "box score" with the posession and shots at the end of the game you would be forgiven for thinking that you missed out on watching an exciting game of football with loads of chances, it was neither of those.

They parked the bus and were happy to sit back as deep as their 6 yard box when we were in posession at times we failed to create anything meaningful our abillity to do so in the final third has been a major issue all season long. If Coutinho does not make it happen then it won't happen we look stifled and sluggish in attack.

Very frustrating now seeing that United dropped points, and we did not capitalise.

Tony Pulis I sh*t in your cap.
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Re: Live: West Brom V Liverpool
      Reply #296: Apr 27, 2015 04:33:59 am
      This team needs another £100 million investment in players to stand any chance of competing next season.

Hahahaha.I´ll give you the benefit of the doubt of thinking you´re not serious.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #297: Apr 27, 2015 08:04:22 am
      Not watched game yet, probably won't bother. Will miss the QPR game as well, Im at a communion saturday so no Internet footi for me. ;D.

Season is over now, we could have caught the mancs too I reckon if we had not lost to them and then lost to arsenal.

Our season is pettering out, Just hope we pick up enough points to get 5th spot now, At least that gaurntees no pre-qualyfying rounds in Europa.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #298: Apr 27, 2015 10:53:36 am
      This team needs another £100 million investment in players to stand any chance of competing next season.

Given FFP, can I ask where you expect that to come from?

Quick Reply