Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Liverpool may ditch transfer committee as they look to change recruitment policy

Read 13747 times
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Re: Liverpool may ditch transfer committee as they look to change recruitment policy
      Reply #92: Apr 28, 2015 04:14:58 pm
      Excuse me all, sorry to gatecrash the party.......

Article heading = Liverpool may ditch transfer committee as they look to change recruitment policy this summer

Article information source = One suggestion is that the Fenway Sports Group, which owns Liverpool, might want to appoint a director of football/ general manager to assist Rodgers.

What a F***ing lazy article, any c**t could write this sh*t. Nowhere in that article does it state anything substantial or anything backed up with actual proof.

Jason Burt is a bell end.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Re: Liverpool may ditch transfer committee as they look to change recruitment policy
      Reply #93: Apr 28, 2015 04:15:26 pm
      I actually think Lovren has the makings of a very good player.
      Central defence is difficult for a number of reasons. You need the right mix. You need midfield protection. And you need a quality support team ie coaches and scouts.

Hyypia would have looked utter sh*te in some setups. Luiz did in some, yet he moved for 50m.
      I remember Mark Wright struggled to settle at LFC, then became brilliant. Phil Babb looked terrific then became a giant dud.

If we had Mascherano, Alonso and Rafa's backroom staff, I think Lovren would look terrific.
      After all Rodgers has fallen out with Sakho, Dagger, Lovren, possibly Skrtel (??) in his short time at Anfield. Whatever you think about Rodgers, clearly central defensive understanding isn't his forte so far.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #94: Apr 28, 2015 04:42:42 pm
      I actually think Lovren has the makings of a very good player.
      Central defence is difficult for a number of reasons. You need the right mix. You need midfield protection. And you need a quality support team ie coaches and scouts.

Hyypia would have looked utter sh*te in some setups. Luiz did in some, yet he moved for 50m.
      I remember Mark Wright struggled to settle at LFC, then became brilliant. Phil Babb looked terrific then became a giant dud.

If we had Mascherano, Alonso and Rafa's backroom staff, I think Lovren would look terrific.
      After all Rodgers has fallen out with Sakho, Dagger, Lovren, possibly Skrtel (??) in his short time at Anfield. Whatever you think about Rodgers, clearly central defensive understanding isn't his forte so far.

Dagger fell out with himself. He was past his prime and you can see from his move, he's really done nothing since his he left. How you would know that Brendan has fallen out with Sakho and Skrtel I'm not sure. His favored backline seems to always include Sakho and Skrtel when they are fit (and they are our best two so it makes sense).

Add Ilori to the mix and if Lovren can come good I think our defense will be fine barring a couple of reliable backups.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #95: Apr 28, 2015 04:56:13 pm
      Dagger fell out with himself. He was past his prime and you can see from his move, he's really done nothing since his he left. How you would know that Brendan has fallen out with Sakho and Skrtel I'm not sure. His favored backline seems to always include Sakho and Skrtel when they are fit (and they are our best two so it makes sense).

Add Ilori to the mix and if Lovren can come good I think our defense will be fine barring a couple of reliable backups.

His preferred pairing was Lovren and Skrtel at the start of the season and he persisted with it only until the clamour for Lovren to be dropped became deafening.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #96: Apr 28, 2015 05:43:04 pm
      No mate they fall into the "value for money"... "worth a risk at the price" [remember that?] category.

Or... better still... wait for it...

"They were obviously Brendan's picks... the rest were the committee's" category.  :lmao:
      Not forgetting the people who recruited the personnel in charge of bringing people in obviously... cause we wouldn't want to apply double standards or be hypocritical, would we?   >:D

You know where i stand and i differ my stance from others who are not critical of how our transfer business is done.

So no need to apply sarcastic quotes in response that don't apply to me.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #97: Apr 28, 2015 05:50:55 pm
      Excuse me all, sorry to gatecrash the party.......

Article heading = Liverpool may ditch transfer committee as they look to change recruitment policy this summer

Article information source = One suggestion is that the Fenway Sports Group, which owns Liverpool, might want to appoint a director of football/ general manager to assist Rodgers.

What a F***ing lazy article, any c**t could write this sh*t. Nowhere in that article does it state anything substantial or anything backed up with actual proof.

Jason Burt is a bell end.

Cannot disagree with any of the above.
      100% speculation.
      All it does achieve is create more smoke and mirrors for FSG to juggle or not.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #98: Apr 28, 2015 06:55:10 pm
      So no need to apply sarcastic quotes in response that don't apply to me.
      They don't apply to you so you need not feel offended mate. Although I'm sorry if did.

To be fair, I did agree with you that the people who hired those, who some blame, (Comolli, Kenny, Ayre, Edwards, Fallows, Graham, Gordon and... most recently, Brendan) for the continued failure of transfers [i.e. FSG] are indeed "the problem".

So it's all good.  8)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #99: Apr 28, 2015 07:08:09 pm
      They don't apply to you so you need not feel offended mate. Although I'm sorry if did.

Nope, all good! I must have misread the tone of the post :)
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #100: May 01, 2015 02:05:55 pm
      what the difference, serious question i'm not being sarcastic.

what is the difference between a committee in charge of discussing and buying players to having a policy on recruitment
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #101: May 01, 2015 02:49:52 pm

what is the difference between a committee in charge of discussing and buying players to having a policy on recruitment

the bottom line really is not who decides to buy players but who we buy, that's the biggest problem
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #102: May 01, 2015 02:52:12 pm

Serious question...is there any way we can get you to capitalize the first letter of a sentence? I know it's really a petty thing, but unless your phone or computer doesn't have a shift button it seems like something we should make an effort to get done?
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #103: May 01, 2015 09:31:33 pm
      "When I came to Liverpool, I knew 100 percent the model of how the club worked -- but on top of that we've got a really good team of people here. They're good guys who work very, very well.

"We all work well together and understand the model of the club and how it all functions. We have to look at it over the summer and work out what's going to help our squad, and to put up a better challenge for next season, a more consistent challenge. That's something we'll work together on."

Doesn't sound like the Committee is going anywhere, or a policy change is likely! So much for the big name signings  :mad:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1630 
      Reply #104: May 01, 2015 09:42:52 pm
      Fckin ell the bit in bold will have to look  and work out whats going to help the squad I would have thought it was pretty fckin obvious .
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #105: May 02, 2015 12:30:07 am

Some people want one, distinct person to blame, having several muddies the water and some don't who to be angry yet, so chase their own tails.  Crumbs, some struggled when it was just two, Comolli and Dalglish.  ;)
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #106: May 02, 2015 07:20:49 am
      IMHO , its not the committee, the manager ,the owners, or   who ever it is who decides which player to sign, that counts
      preferably it should be the manager,
      the real problem is the wage structure the club is always trying to hold on to
       not saying we should pay every player 200/300k x wk
       but we will never sign any established good player with the wages we are offering and cannot compete with the top rich clubs who can offer top wages for their top players
       so we are bound to always try to buy 'promising' players and maybe re-sell them if the player is a success buy,when another club offers him much higher wages
       YNWA
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #107: May 02, 2015 05:40:07 pm
      "When I came to Liverpool, I knew 100 percent the model of how the club worked -- but on top of that we've got a really good team of people here. They're good guys who work very, very well.

"We all work well together and understand the model of the club and how it all functions. We have to look at it over the summer and work out what's going to help our squad, and to put up a better challenge for next season, a more consistent challenge. That's something we'll work together on."

Doesn't sound like the Committee is going anywhere, or a policy change is likely! So much for the big name signings  :mad:

shortly Brendan, please !
      Committee is outstanding
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #108: May 02, 2015 08:34:55 pm
      "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result". Until there are serious changes can we really expect different results?

Quick Reply