Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

25 Years since last League Title

Read 5196 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: 25 Years since last League Title
      Reply #23: Apr 29, 2015 07:23:13 pm
      it's been grating in my head the last couple of months whether there is some sort of correlation there

I think the only correlation is that what happened appeared to affect Dalglish significantly and not long after we lost one of our best ever managers and brought in one of our worst ever.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #24: Apr 29, 2015 07:26:40 pm
      We've won one trophy in nearly a decade mate and that boils my piss.. I absolutely hate that the people of power and dripped into some of the fans don't really care about certain competitions.

And then we have people on here banging on about top 4 over trophies.  No wonder we've gone backwards with some of our 'support' who don't realise that they now dream of just a different level of mediocrity.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #25: Apr 29, 2015 09:34:11 pm
      And then we have people on here banging on about top 4 over trophies.  No wonder we've gone backwards with some of our 'support' who don't realise that they now dream of just a different level of mediocrity.

Yep.

I actually think Brendan does understand the need for a trophy and I think he felt that pressure which resulted in him buckling against Villa.

He may not get the chance to rectify that.

His record in the cups is pretty dire but I do believe he understands the importance of silverware to most of the supporters.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #26: Apr 29, 2015 09:41:09 pm
      Yep.

I actually think Brendan does understand the need for a trophy and I think he felt that pressure which resulted in him buckling against Villa.

He may not get the chance to rectify that.

His record in the cups is pretty dire but I do believe he understands the importance of silverware to most of the supporters.

That's one thing about Rodgers he understands what LFC is all about, he understands the fans our history.

Just not sure he will ever win much trophies with us.

bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #27: Apr 29, 2015 09:44:36 pm
      27 years old. Never experienced Liverpool winning the league. Too young to remember the last time.

Starting to worry that I'll never see Liverpool win the league.
      for that to happen we need to either get new owners with better policies or get the yanks to change their policies and bring in Rafa Benitez give him what he needs to get the job done and then we'll start to see silverware and a title and some .Otherwise we're stuck in limbo with a manager who can't win anything because he's not good enough for Liverpool FC .

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #28: Apr 30, 2015 06:43:32 am
      27 years old. Never experienced Liverpool winning the league. Too young to remember the last time.

Starting to worry that I'll never see Liverpool win the league.

You're lucky, i'm 25.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #29: Apr 30, 2015 06:47:13 am
      We've won one trophy in nearly a decade

That's the cold light of day harsh reality check kick in the bollocks!

I'm 39 and remember those great title winning teams. We've been close a few times but we've never built on it and sustained the challenge.

That's why winning a trophy was so important for the club and manager this season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #30: Apr 30, 2015 09:36:33 am
      Broke my F***ing heart looking at FB and seeing a Headline that those Chav cu*ts were singing OUR song ...We're gonna win the League!

That was us singing that 12 months ago. :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #31: Apr 30, 2015 12:12:41 pm
      Makes you wonder what would've happened if Moores had've sold to the Arabs or the Russians and not the Americans...
      It's a f**king embarrassment to think that my club is now owned by a f**kin baseball club..
      The amount of money we have spent on players in that last 25 years is a crime in itself.....especially when the best two players came from Kirby and Huyton for free...

We will win the League title again... but not with Brendan Rodgers at the helm..
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #32: Apr 30, 2015 01:03:42 pm
      we have made to many mistakes over the years on transfers and we just can not afford to do that, manure, city and the Chavs when they f**k up on the transfer market they just go out and replace that mistake and we can not. we will always be 2-3 steps behind them, whats the solution i haven't got a clue apart from being owned by a billionaire with very deep pockets.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #33: Apr 30, 2015 01:54:53 pm
      Makes you wonder what would've happened if Moores had've sold to the Arabs or the Russians and not the Americans...
      It's a f**king embarrassment to think that my club is now owned by a f**kin baseball club..
      The amount of money we have spent on players in that last 25 years is a crime in itself.....especially when the best two players came from Kirby and Huyton for free...

We will win the League title again... but not with Brendan Rodgers at the helm..

The job simply came too soon for BR.

Quick Reply