Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      13 (23.2%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (1.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (3.6%)
      Emre Can
      2 (3.6%)
      Glen Johnson
      1 (1.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Jordon Ibe
      1 (1.8%)
      Joe Allen
      15 (26.8%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      14 (25%)
      Raheem Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Mario Balotelli
      3 (5.4%)
      Rickie Lambert
      3 (5.4%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Lazar Markovic
      1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: May 03, 2015 09:45:31 pm

Hull City 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate

Read 48123 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Re: Hull City 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #621: Apr 28, 2015 11:45:57 pm
      Another one I should be glad work caused me to miss?

Indeed mate.

Indeed.

I paid a member of staff to come in so I could nip home to watch it.

bas**rds owe me a few quid.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #622: Apr 28, 2015 11:51:01 pm
      Indeed mate.

Indeed.

I paid a member of staff to come in so I could nip home to watch it.

bas**rds owe me a few quid.

And yet we both now the real truth, I'll subject myself to the game when it hits lfctv. 
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #623: Apr 28, 2015 11:59:11 pm
      Out of the Top 4, CL, FA Cup and Europa Cup without a fight. That's what we can come to expect when FSG buy youngsters, that's the disastrous results of FSG's policy and it cost them more money to fix it now. Our competitors could be laughing all the way by now.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #624: Apr 29, 2015 12:02:17 am
      And yet we both now the real truth, I'll subject myself to the game when it hits lfctv. 

I pity you mate.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #625: Apr 29, 2015 12:07:37 am
      Some said BR doesn't seem to have any idea of how he wants us to play, this is simply because he is a rookie and not ready to manage the club of this size as he has not gone through the grind of winning trophies and the pressure that comes with it. BR is simply very neat with the tactics, square and side passes and I'm not sure whether he studies the opposition strengths and weaknesses well and too predictable to the opposition managers. Most probably he is too stubborn to admit that his tactics and management skills are all wrong and that will only expedite his departure.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #626: Apr 29, 2015 12:09:57 am
      And the fact we play with WB's but only have Moreno who is suited to that position (well, from time to time) and CB's that are inconsistent or injury prone.

Those CB's are all internationals and apart from Lovren would stack up against any other Top 4 team.
      Just a shame Rodgers who although should be lauded for his attacking instincts  just does not know how to set us up for that transition when we lose the ball and stop the team looking like the key stone kops chasing back.
      Perhaps being able to make a 5 yard pass might help  ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #627: Apr 29, 2015 12:11:58 am
      I know we were sh*t but it would be remiss of me not to mention HOW's OUR F***ing LUCK?

We lose to a Villa team in the Cup Semi who find their form just in time for us, draw to WBA who find their form just before us, we lose to Hull who have been sh*t all season, yet win their previous away game and find some form just before us and to top it F***ing off, Dawson, F***ing Dawson who hasn't scored a goal for 2 F***ing years, yes 2 F***ing years when he was with his former F***ing side, scores against US!!!  F**k me, will we ever get any sort of luck?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #628: Apr 29, 2015 12:12:49 am
      Some said BR doesn't seem to have any idea of how he wants us to play, this is simply because he is a rookie

He's been a manager for over 6 years now.

Half of which is with us.

How long will he be a 'rookie' for?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #629: Apr 29, 2015 12:14:29 am
      Those CB's are all internationals and apart from Lovren would stack up against any other Top 4 team.

Kolo Toure - No
      Sakho - Injury Prone
      Skrtel - Usually starts the season very badly but then becomes our best defender whilst still making a lot of mistakes, as was the case tonight when he was beaten by his man so easily and when he nearly gifted WBA a goal. Tackling isn't his strongest point, blocking and heading is.
      Lovren - No.

It's obvious Skrtel and Sakho have been our best pairing this season but you can't rely on them for the duration of a season.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #630: Apr 29, 2015 12:17:33 am
      Kolo Toure - No
      Sakho - Injury Prone
      Skrtel - Usually starts the season very badly but then becomes our best defender whilst still making a lot of mistakes, as was the case tonight when he was beaten by his man so easily and when he nearly gifted WBA a goal. Tackling isn't his strongest point, blocking and heading is.
      Lovren - No.

It's obvious Skrtel and Sakho have been our best pairing this season but you can't rely on them for the duration of a season.

Haha you know what I completely forgot about Kolo.

I still insist stick a Lucas/Matic regularly in front of Skrtel and Sakho and they are better than Terry and Cahill.

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,152 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #631: Apr 29, 2015 12:27:52 am
      I know we were sh*t but it would be remiss of me not to mention HOW's OUR F***ing LUCK?

We lose to a Villa team in the Cup Semi who find their form just in time for us, draw to WBA who find their form just before us, we lose to Hull who have been sh*t all season, yet win their previous away game and find some form just before us and to top it f**king off, Dawson, f**king Dawson who hasn't scored a goal for 2 f**king years, yes 2 f**king years when he was with his former f**king side, scores against US!!!  F**k me, will we ever get any sort of luck?

Aussie, as much as i admire you for trying to look for some kind of positivity in all this, it has nothing to do with luck, think you know that mate?

It all went wrong when our first eleven treated a game against our most hated rivals like a training session. From that point on we just lay down and let several mediocre teams walk all over us. I can forgive players when it is down to bad luck, what i can't forgive is players that show no pride in wearing the shirt.

Gerrard leaving is going to be a big wake up call for this Club. Barring Skrtel, Sakho, Ibe, Flanagan and Can i fail to see players with the required passion and fight to represent this Club.

When we need dogs of war we go out and buy mongrels.

Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Re: LIVE: Hull City v Liverpool
      Reply #632: Apr 29, 2015 01:48:07 am
      Barcelona 6-0 up...why did Luis leave again?

Umm,cause he wanted to?
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #633: Apr 29, 2015 06:03:02 am
      Klopp beats Bayern in the semi final of their domestic Cup showing what a top manager can achieve with a man down also.
      Hs , If ever there has been any doubt about our manager and what he is capable of, surely what we witnessed tonight is enough. A gutless ,clueless , laboured and totally inexescusable performance  by a team " fighting " Ha!  For a champions league place.
      Klopp comes up trumps again , against all the odds , this guy finds a way.
      Just what did Rodgers say to the team at half time?  As usual , we actually start to play  worse.
      We kneed to start making real noises for the removal of Rodgers. For the sake of our club.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #634: Apr 29, 2015 06:24:57 am
      That was F***ing dire nothing more to be said.

One thing I will highlight is Can in defence as an experiment has concluded.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #635: Apr 29, 2015 06:57:46 am
      At least, well done to the Liverpool fans who boycotted the game last night, over the scandalous overcharging of ticket prices. Seems that they where the only ones who knew what they were doing, as opposed to the team and manager, who seems to be quickly running out of ideas on tactics of over coming lowly opposition.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #636: Apr 29, 2015 07:13:24 am
      The boycott worked, the players didn't even turn up!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #637: Apr 29, 2015 07:35:20 am
      That was F***ing dire nothing more to be said.

One thing I will highlight is Can in defence as an experiment has concluded.

This.

It was nice seeing someone in midfield charging at the opposition from deep.

The boycott worked, the players didn't even turn up!

;D.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #638: Apr 29, 2015 07:52:21 am
      Well that was worth waiting up to 10.30 to watch extended highlights on sky. NOT !!!

No bite up front at all, played well enough up their box I think, thier goalie had a good game, another day hendo could have had a couple, if balo bothered hanging about the 6 yard box and going for pull backs he could have a few.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #639: Apr 29, 2015 08:07:25 am
      A gutless ,clueless , laboured and totally inexescusable performance  by a team " fighting " Ha!  For a champions league place.
      I don't normally agree with you, but your quote above is spot on
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #640: Apr 29, 2015 09:38:24 am
      I am seriously depressed. What da f***'s wrong with the players? Fighting for 4th spot? Couldn't fight a parking ticket :(
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #641: Apr 29, 2015 09:43:38 am
      I woke up this morning & thought I dreamt it!

I thought to myself- did we actually lose to hull last night??!

:(
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #642: Apr 29, 2015 09:55:46 am
      Extremely poor performance. Another one with no heart, passion or desire.
      There's just been too many of these performances lately.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #643: Apr 29, 2015 09:56:44 am
      Aussie, as much as i admire you for trying to look for some kind of positivity in all this, it has nothing to do with luck, think you know that mate?

It all went wrong when our first eleven treated a game against our most hated rivals like a training session. From that point on we just lay down and let several mediocre teams walk all over us. I can forgive players when it is down to bad luck, what i can't forgive is players that show no pride in wearing the shirt.

Gerrard leaving is going to be a big wake up call for this Club. Barring Skrtel, Sakho, Ibe, Flanagan and Can i fail to see players with the required passion and fight to represent this Club.

When we need dogs of war we go out and buy mongrels.

Thankyou for admiring me  :D  I understand and agree with what you are saying but can u honestly believe Luck is never involved?  Stevie last year slipping, the Beachball Incident and those Manc cu*ts jammily (luckily) winning Title after Title with Fergie time and plucking our of their arses last minute winners, just to name a few.

Surely Luck plays some part in it and we seem to be luckless a lot of the time. Whatever can go wrong always seems to go wrong against us. It feels at times as though someone has a F***ing Voodoo Liverpool doll with pin after pin sticking in it.  :f_wah:  :f_wah: :f_wah:

Quick Reply