Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Why Ian Ayre and the Committee MUST Be Sacked

Read 7848 times
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Re: Why Ian Ayre and the Committee MUST Be Sacked
      Reply #23: May 05, 2015 09:46:49 am
      I would say JWH has so far done his very best at stopping the glory days returning to Anfield. Getting rid of a proven, successful manager in Kenny was the first step in quelling any rising ambition IMO.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #24: May 05, 2015 10:01:22 am
      There are numerous reports stating this as a known fact, where's your proof that Balotelli wasn't signed by Brendan ?
      Show these reports that prove this a a fact! You can't pick and choose which reports to believe to suit your agenda George, but there have been reports that statement Mario was a take it or leave it opinion.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #25: May 05, 2015 11:03:36 am
      For someone who's big on facts apparently, where's your proof to back up that statement?

To be fair to George I heard Hendo saying it himself on tv sometime last week , ir wss talking about his progression  and he said he was told he could leave , now its open for interpretation who told him that but its indisputable that he was told he could leave .
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #26: May 05, 2015 12:53:21 pm
      To be fair to George I heard Hendo saying it himself on tv sometime last week , ir wss talking about his progression  and he said he was told he could leave , now its open for interpretation who told him that but its indisputable that he was told he could leave .

I'm not saying its false, Hendo wasn't playing as well back then, my point is George is more than happy to pick out anything negative about Brendan he can find, while ignoring any that may have anything positive about him. That's hardly fair!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #27: May 05, 2015 12:54:09 pm
      Sack the lot and bring in a footballing man as DoF, not some CEO or a computer nerd.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #28: May 05, 2015 12:56:59 pm
      i've never understood Ayre being anywhere near our transfer negotiations but to be fair he's closed some big sponsorship deals so i would keep him to do the business side of house, but employ a director to oversee the scouting and transfer deparment with BR as his no2. both should agree 100% on a player so that Br is not given players he cant work with,but we need someone else other than BR who scouts players approaches players and someone with a bigger vision rather than signing all these postentials we need established players for the now!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #29: May 05, 2015 01:37:07 pm
      I'm not saying its false, Hendo wasn't playing as well back then, my point is George is more than happy to pick out anything negative about Brendan he can find, while ignoring any that may have anything positive about him. That's hardly fair!

Fair enough mate its been a tough season some are over critical  while some are over protective  , on times he has warranted criticism and on times its gone over the top , comes from different ideas from different people quite a lot of it driven purely by emotion.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #30: May 05, 2015 05:19:16 pm
      So we're kicking out the sh*t players. We may be kicking out Shamway's 3rd manager.
      We may be kicking out the "transfer committee". We might even be sacking the tea lady and Anfield cat.

Now perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me, BUT....

Aren't t there some clueless blerts that are responsble for all the underperforming turkeys?
      Isnt it time THEY were sacked? And sent packing back to Boston oops never turn up at Anfield ever again.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #31: May 05, 2015 07:22:52 pm
      So we're kicking out the sh*t players. We may be kicking out Shamway's 3rd manager.

While I don't disagree that FSG have made mistakes and deserve criticism it could be argues that Brendan is only really their first manager.

Hodge already in place when they bought the club.

Kenny they only hired after his caretaker spell was so food they had to bow to fans opinion.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #32: May 05, 2015 09:46:33 pm
      TC ... nah I never believe in that at all unless they have been successful professional footballer themselves. I believe it's just a buffer to moderate BR's spend on players.  When players acquired failed to produce, the blame game starts.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #33: May 05, 2015 09:59:38 pm
      TC ... nah I never believe in that at all unless they have been successful professional footballer themselves. I believe it's just a buffer to moderate BR's spend on players.  When players acquired failed to produce, the blame game starts.

Your suggesting handing over full reign to a manager to spend and buy who ever he wants.
      We did that last year on the back of qualifying for CL and our manager raided the team in 8th place.  :o

There is nothing wrong with a TC or my preference a DoF where everyone sings from the same hymn sheet. Obviously with a DoF it's easier as there is less people.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #34: May 06, 2015 01:51:48 pm
      Your suggesting handing over full reign to a manager to spend and buy who ever he wants.
      We did that last year on the back of qualifying for CL and our manager raided the team in 8th place.  :o

There is nothing wrong with a TC or my preference a DoF where everyone sings from the same hymn sheet. Obviously with a DoF it's easier as there is less people.

As good as that, you live by the sword and die by the sword. In all frankness and I'm not gonna be a hypocrite by saying I'm a BR fan when I'm not, as I still believe the job came too soon for him. Yes, FSG must give BR total freedom in buying players and by doing so there's no excuse for BR to shift the blame elsewhere. As it is now, the blame got shifted from one party to the other and the fans are left with a big question mark as to who's the greatest culprit among the 3, FSG, BR or the TC.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2015 02:23:23 pm by redkop63 »

Quick Reply