Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

A Disgrace.....

Read 18883 times
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Re: A Disgrace.....
      Reply #92: May 05, 2015 02:51:47 pm
      Firstly apologies for the language Im going to use, but I am so f**king pissed off with a section of our "supporter" base right now.

The straw that broke the camels back.
      A "Brendan out, Rafa in" plane flew banner yesterday. This is f**king unoriginal, disgusting, chelsea standard absolute pr**k thing to do. What the f**k have we become? Absolute pricks who ever paid for that. Distasteful, horrible.... disgusting fans.

Raheem
      Getting some awful stick off our "Supporters" on Twitter. F***ing DISGUSTING. Anyone remember when they were his age and the stupid behavioir we got up to? Hes a f**king kid. Wankers get some perspective. Hes a talented youngster and he aint asking you for the money he wants. F**k OFF. He will leave this summer and its because of the sh*t the scum on the net and in the stands are giving him.

Gerrard
      A legend, a god, a monster for liverpool. Getting abused by our "supporter base" for being a bit past it and struggling at this level. 3 games left of his glorious career and you lot of retarded scum fucks cant get behind him for a few more weeks. You are ruining his memories of this glorious era.

I could go on and on....

F**k off ruining this beautiful club you absolute pricks. Keyboard warriors are petulant little bitches who have no balls in real life.

This is the worst part of modern day football. You pack of wankers F**k OFF and go support chelsea, they are more your level of fan base.

The banner issue is an absolute disgrace. Some people have lost all perspective and any semblance of respect for the club. I don't think even Woy got that and he deserved it far more than BR, but however bad the manager is, it's a really poor advertisement for this great club and it's unsuitable for a fanbase of your stature. Unfortunately, it's always a minority of overly aggressive people who ruin it for everyone else. S.O.S would never condone that behaviour.

Raheem does deserve some stick to be honest. Not because he's stalling over the contract, but the manner of doing it. Hendo "stalled" but it was very much done in the backround, none of this unsanctioned interviews business. Having said that, again, some people take it too far and it doesn't represent everyone else's view.

Gerrard should no way be getting any stick. It's unbelievable. Yes he is past his best, yes he is no longer able to carry the team, bhut for f*** sake, he doesn't pick the team, BR does. If BR asks him to play, he will be a professional as always and do his job. Shameful the way some supporters behave.

Having said all that, it's a sad state of affairs that some "fans" in the ground or on forums, believe that being aggressive, shouting the loudest to show their discontent and attacking anyone who doesn't agree with them with lines like "Shanks would never accept this" or "We haven't won it in 26 years for f*** sake" and "Anyone who thinks 4th is a success is not a supporter" or my favourite "So you're happy being a mediocre club?"...bla bla bla...is an acceptable way to behave. If we're not screaming obsceneties at the owners and managers, we're clearly not passionate enough.

I'm all for everyone having an opinion, and I'm all for passion, even aggressive passion, but to get angry and lose all perspective is a disgrace in itself.

As with all walks of life, it's the loud, angry minority that people notice the most, and in our case, these guys are being associated with our club now.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,528 posts | 3466 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #93: May 05, 2015 03:43:11 pm
      Mate, i'm not surprised they won't make themselves know. Have you read some of the reaction in these posts?
      They would have the whole village angry mob at their door , pitchforks and burning torches. Screaming " you are only free to do as we tell you!" Probably led by Orchard, Frankly Mr Shankly, Fl red and Lfckarl, who threw a tantrum to start this topic. Now we all know just how much he really cares.
      P.S  Stuey would of been cowering at the back of the baying mob , waiting to see how it played out, then just as its all over, he would run to the front , throw something, but miss completely.
      Poor love, he trys so hard.

To be honest, the reaction is justified, everyone is entitled too their opinion but if they don't have the balls to back up their opinion then their deserve nothing but contempt.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #94: May 05, 2015 04:03:56 pm

Personally i think back on topic the slagging of Gerrard is a total disgrace shameful in fact.

Of all the sh*t thats gone on this season this one thing and some of the comments aimed at him imho have been a fckin disgrace, a proper club  legend of the highest order .

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #95: May 05, 2015 04:08:57 pm
      Of all the sh*t thats gone on this season this one thing and some of the comments aimed at him imho have been a fckin disgrace, a proper club  legend of the highest order .

When or where did this happen?
      Not that I'm surprised with the sudden influx of posters all singing from the same sheet, and showing a complete lack of respect.

Bottom line is I haven't seen it (and I'm not sure I want to), so I'm assuming I missed it.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #96: May 05, 2015 04:30:26 pm
      Any criticism directed at those behind the banner is more than justified.

If you can't see that then I think its you that has the problem not those you mentioned in your post mate.

ANY criticism? Sorry  , they made a statement, thats all. It wasn't even offensive. I totally understand people  saying they don't like it. But no crime was committed, no one was hurt. The utter hypocrisy of the abuse aimed at them is lost in pious , posturing of the highest order , by people with an incredibly overated sense of their own value as supporters of a football club.
      Just remember . PEOPLE actually fought and died for free speech in this country.
      And they didn't do it so certain fans could tell others , when and where it was appropriate.
      « Last Edit: May 05, 2015 04:42:03 pm by littleface »
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #97: May 05, 2015 04:39:43 pm
      Is he beyond any reprisal because he is Steve Gerrard?

Regardless of his status at the club he hasn’t played well this season... fact! Fans have a right to call it regardless of the player reputation. Admittedly the is a way of doing it, but he shouldnt be immune from negative feedback
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #98: May 05, 2015 04:53:44 pm
      Is he beyond any reprisal because he is Steve Gerrard?Regardless of his status at the club he hasn’t played well this season... fact! Fans have a right to call it regardless of the player reputation. Admittedly the is a way of doing it, but he shouldnt be immune from negative feedback

I agree mate, and Stevie's certainly not immune from criticism, we've seen plenty of old timers and new supproters rightly pointing out his below-par performances.

That is different to personally insulting the man when he's on the pitch though. I genuinely cannot believe people do that, a man who has always carried himself with passion, pride and conducted himself in a Liverpool manner. But I think you agree with this. BR shouldn't be picking him to start based on his football, it's a different matter.

I remember some insults being thrown towards El Hadji Diouf after he had been in a few instances of spitting on fans, off-field fracas involving fights in bars and so on. Miles apart.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #99: May 05, 2015 05:35:45 pm
      I agree mate, and Stevie's certainly not immune from criticism, we've seen plenty of old timers and new supproters rightly pointing out his below-par performances.

That is different to personally insulting the man when he's on the pitch though. I genuinely cannot believe people do that, a man who has always carried himself with passion, pride and conducted himself in a Liverpool manner. But I think you agree with this. BR shouldn't be picking him to start based on his football, it's a different matter.

I remember some insults being thrown towards El Hadji Diouf after he had been in a few instances of spitting on fans, off-field fracas involving fights in bars and so on. Miles apart.

I've been quite critical of Gerrards performances for a while now, and spotted quite early on that the operations and infections he had, had limited his mobility, shooting and passing.
      He still got credit when he played well, and I looked for the reasons for his decline rather than just saying "he's sh*t" which so many seem to do these days.

He's a club legend, and people really shouldn't be giving him personal grief for any reason.
      Point out his mistakes and failings by all means, but perhaps judge them in context.

Above all modern players, Gerrard is one who demands respect. Not only for his ability and determination, but also for his passion and loyalty (setting aside the fact he batted his eyes at chelsea once or twice).
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #100: May 05, 2015 06:03:54 pm
      To be honest, the reaction is justified, everyone is entitled too their opinion but if they don't have the balls to back up their opinion then their deserve nothing but contempt.

So i take it you were christened FATKOPITE10 were you. Why don't we all just use our own names , and put our own address up next to it on all our posts. Are you up for that?
      Why don't get all the members to vote on it. Lets see how many would be up for it.

People on here were saying they should f**k off and die , for staging a peaceful protest against our manager. Saying they are Scum , for flying a banner.
      But this is not an overeaction? from our gallant and noble supporters?
      « Last Edit: May 06, 2015 03:22:31 pm by littleface »
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #101: May 05, 2015 06:14:37 pm
      So i take it you were christened FATKOPITE10 were you. Why don't we all just use our own names , and put our own address up next to it on all our posts. Are you up for that?
      Why don't get all the members to vote on it. Lets see how many would be up for it.

People on here were saying they should F**k off and die , for staging a peaceful protest against our manager. Saying they are Scum , for flying a banner.
      But this is not an overeaction, from our gallant and noble supporters?
      Whoever paid for that banner is a tw*t, whoever thinks that it is acceptable to do such a thing is a tw*t, and if anyone finds what I've just said offensive, it's probably because you're a tw*t too!

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #102: May 05, 2015 07:16:49 pm
      ANY criticism? Sorry  , they made a statement, thats all. It wasn't even offensive. I totally understand people  saying they don't like it. But no crime was committed, no one was hurt. The utter hypocrisy of the abuse aimed at them is lost in pious , posturing of the highest order , by people with an incredibly overated sense of their own value as supporters of a football club.
      Just remember . PEOPLE actually fought and died for free speech in this country.
      And they didn't do it so certain fans could tell others , when and where it was appropriate.

Of course they can do as they please.

Won't stop me thinking they are total bell ends for spending money on flying a banner above a football stadium.

Wankers with too much time and money on their hands and whether you like it or not they are not the type of 'supporters' most of us would like associated with this club.
      « Last Edit: May 05, 2015 07:38:07 pm by srslfc »
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #103: May 05, 2015 07:29:23 pm
      I've been quite critical of Gerrards performances for a while now, and spotted quite early on that the operations and infections he had, had limited his mobility, shooting and passing.
      He still got credit when he played well, and I looked for the reasons for his decline rather than just saying "he's sh*t" which so many seem to do these days.

He's a club legend, and people really shouldn't be giving him personal grief for any reason.
      Point out his mistakes and failings by all means, but perhaps judge them in context.

Above all modern players, Gerrard is one who demands respect. Not only for his ability and determination, but also for his passion and loyalty (setting aside the fact he batted his eyes at chelsea once or twice).
      Batting your eyes mate and actually carrying on are a bit different im sure most of us have carried out a bit of window shopping once in a while ,
       ;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #104: May 05, 2015 07:35:02 pm
      Batting your eyes mate and actually carrying on are a bit different im sure most of us have carried out a bit of window shopping once in a while ,
       ;D

I don't pay it much attention because as usual back then it was down to Parry dragging his feet.
      Add to that Gerrards insecurity, and his statement "I thought I wasn't wanted", and a different picture emerges than the "no loyalty" one that was bandied around.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #105: May 05, 2015 08:25:31 pm
      I don't pay it much attention because as usual back then it was down to Parry dragging his feet.
      Add to that Gerrards insecurity, and his statement "I thought I wasn't wanted", and a different picture emerges than the "no loyalty" one that was bandied around.
      Thats exactly the way I view it , as in all situations there's a lot of muddy water , as fans we only get told or leaked what they want us to know , I'd rather look back on Stevie with the highest regard and memories , rather than pick out one mediocre season .
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #106: May 05, 2015 08:40:44 pm
      Of course they can do as they please.

Won't stop me thinking they are total bell ends for spending money on flying a banner above a football stadium.

Wankers with too much time and money on their hands and whether you like it or not they are not the type of 'supporters' most of us would like associated with this club.
      If you don't like what they did, that is up to you, and anyone else for that matter. It's the furious over the top reaction to it , on the grounds that it is some kind of despicable act , that gets to me.
      If the banner had said F**k OFF RODGERS YOU C*NT or RODGERS IS A w**ker , or any obscene insult , then that is totally unacceptable. But it was nothing of the sort. Straight to the point , yes , but not obscene.
      Fans on here would have no problem with fans paying for a plane to fly over Anfield saying COME ON BRENDAN. But if the banner is in any way negative, they are bellends? Fans on here have no problem with fans holding banners at the ground saying IN BRENDAN WE TRUST. But holding a placard saying RODGERS OUT and they are scum. So a positive banner or placard , even when its obscene to rival teams and fans is ok, but any negativity whatsoever , and your not the type of fan all the other fans want to be associated with?
      I don't get it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #107: May 05, 2015 08:45:08 pm

I know you don't get it.

Looks like you never will so I'm done with trying to explain it.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #108: May 05, 2015 09:48:34 pm
      If you don't like what they did, that is up to you, and anyone else for that matter. It's the furious over the top reaction to it , on the grounds that it is some kind of despicable act , that gets to me.
      If the banner had said F**k OFF RODGERS YOU C*NT or RODGERS IS A w**ker , or any obscene insult , then that is totally unacceptable. But it was nothing of the sort. Straight to the point , yes , but not obscene.
      Fans on here would have no problem with fans paying for a plane to fly over Anfield saying COME ON BRENDAN. But if the banner is in any way negative, they are bellends? Fans on here have no problem with fans holding banners at the ground saying IN BRENDAN WE TRUST. But holding a placard saying RODGERS OUT and they are scum. So a positive banner or placard , even when its obscene to rival teams and fans is ok, but any negativity whatsoever , and your not the type of fan all the other fans want to be associated with?
      I don't get it.

You don't get it? Let me clarify then. WE'RE LIVERPOOL SUPPORTERS, NOT LIVERPOOL DETRACTORS!
      Google the word support.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,489 posts | 8675 
      Reply #109: May 05, 2015 10:24:35 pm
      Sheltered fuckers half of you lot on here!!

Hate to tell you this, some of the best players have suffered all sorts of abuse from Liverpool crowds. Keegan got loads when he announced he was off to Hamburg. The abuse John Barnes got at Highbury during the FA Cup semi in 92 was unreal.

It's nothing new.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #110: May 05, 2015 10:53:20 pm

Hate to tell you this, some of the best players have suffered all sorts of abuse from Liverpool crowds. Keegan got loads when he announced he was off to Hamburg. The abuse John Barnes got at Highbury during the FA Cup semi in 92 was unreal.

It's nothing new.
      Why did Barnes get abuse at Highbury mate? Bet the abuse stopped when he set up the last minute equalizer for Whelan! (If that's right the match I'm thinking of).
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #111: May 06, 2015 06:14:14 am

It's nothing new.
      I don't remember Barnes being singled out in that game, but i do remember everyone on the North Bank going f***in berzerk at the whole team because we were so f***in awful on the day, very lucky . But every player got sh*t that day , and this soon became the norm.
      « Last Edit: May 06, 2015 07:08:38 am by littleface »
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #112: May 06, 2015 07:22:55 am
      I know you don't get it.

Looks like you never will so I'm done with trying to explain it.
      But you didn't explain anything, you just insulted fellow supporters , then added that that they don't fit YOUR idea of what a fan of this club should be . Not everyone is content to stand quietly by , while something they care about is damaged. And that is every ' supporters ' right.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #113: May 06, 2015 08:16:36 am
      You don't get it? Let me clarify then. WE'RE LIVERPOOL SUPPORTERS, NOT LIVERPOOL DETRACTORS!
      Google the word support.

No, you don't advocate support. You advocate censorship. You advocate support , but under conditions, which is not support at all. It is adherance, subserviance , blind compliance to YOUR idea of support. You see any form of negativity or straying from the path at the ground , as some form of crime. And your always quite eager to shout people down on this forum for not being YOUR idea of a supporter ( in fact its the main staple of your posts) . I actually shudder to think what you would be capable of , if , you actually had any authority over supporters. The ground would have you and a couple of your mates sitting on there own. After you had banned everyone else for not clapping maniacally for 90 minutes.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #114: May 06, 2015 08:28:03 am
      Whoever paid for that banner is a tw*t, whoever thinks that it is acceptable to do such a thing is a tw*t, and if anyone finds what I've just said offensive, it's probably because you're a tw*t too!

Ignore the tool mate, just blank him and he'll evaporate as hot air does.
      Found his level it has to be said in a topic headed 'A Disgrace.....' - add your own subject matter e.g. to himself, LFC, the Forum, mankind in general, pond life etc etc.

Quick Reply