Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Martin Montoya (Barcelona -> Inter [loan])

Read 7402 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Martin Montoya (Barcelona -> Inter [loan])
      May 05, 2015 06:12:30 pm
      From the  Metro, grain of salt required....

Liverpool ‘table £7.3million transfer bid for Barcelona defender Martin Montoya’
      Liverpool have moved one step closer to completing a transfer deal for Barcelona defender Martin Montoya after reportedly making a £7.3million bid for his services.

Montoya – who has won four trophies in four years with Barcelona – is believed to have agreed personal terms ahead of a summer move to Anfield, which would leave his transfer fee as the only remaining obstacle.

And according to Spanish newspaper Sport, Liverpool have now tabled a £7.3million offer for the 24-year-old.

Brendan Rodgers is keen to shore up the right-back position with Glen Johnson set to leave the club in the summer, and would be able to offer Montoya regular first-team football.
      http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/05/liverpool-table-7-3million-transfer-bid-for-barcelona-defender-martin-montoya-5182316/#mv-b
      « Last Edit: Jul 16, 2015 02:13:24 pm by JD »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Martin Montoya (Barcelona)
      Reply #1: May 05, 2015 06:21:53 pm
      Glen out Montoya in it seems.

Has anyone been watching him this season? I've watched all Barca's highlight this year and he's never featured really.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #2: May 05, 2015 07:05:58 pm
      Glen out Montoya in it seems.

Has anyone been watching him this season? I've watched all Barca's highlight this year and he's never featured really.

He's not featured much I don't believe which may lend some credence to the rumor that he wants regular first team football.

Only other issue is Barca's transfer (buy) ban which means I bet they don't let any players go that they don't need as first teamers or subs regularly.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #3: May 05, 2015 07:34:06 pm
      Most of the Barcelona fans I know don't really rate Montoya and would be happy to see him sold. They just don't see him as the future of the club at RB. It's hard to take their word for it, though, because they also wanted Fabregas sold.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #4: May 05, 2015 07:49:18 pm
      cant say that i've seen a lot of him, the times i have seen him he has not been a fantastic too.

If Alves is on a free and Barca are still willing to let him go then i have question marks over how good he is
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #5: May 05, 2015 08:07:39 pm
      Another bargain basement signing by the sound of it.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6: May 05, 2015 08:40:54 pm
      I think Montoya is good, and for under 10m, it would be a huge steal. He just needs games, and once he gets them, I can see him cementing that position for club and country.

He's a well balanced RB that is decent defensively and offensively, strong, good on the ball and has good pace.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #7: May 05, 2015 09:04:12 pm
      I think Montoya is good, and for under 10m, it would be a huge steal. He just needs games, and once he gets them, I can see him cementing that position for club and country.

He's a well balanced RB that is decent defensively and offensively, strong, good on the ball and has good pace.

Only seen him play twice and he looked pretty good on both occasions. I definitely don't see him cementing a starting place in Spain's team, Carvajal is much better.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #8: May 05, 2015 09:09:05 pm
      Obligatory Martin Montoya link in a transfer window.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #9: May 05, 2015 09:10:56 pm
      Only seen him play twice and he looked pretty good on both occasions. I definitely don't see him cementing a starting place in Spain's team, Carvajal is much better.

Yeah, Carvajal is better for now, but I really think Montoya has the potential to be just as good, if not better. From the little game time he gets, he's looked composed and very good, imagine how good he'll be if he played on a consistent basis?

Anyway, I hope we get him for under 10m. Would prefer Clyne, but he'll probably cost 25-30m ;D.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #10: May 05, 2015 09:28:40 pm

Someone had to take over from David Villa
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #11: May 05, 2015 09:42:09 pm

I felt obligated in no way. ;D
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #12: May 06, 2015 10:13:45 am
      I don't think he fits the Barca remit. He's no Dani Alves, that's for sure.

He's a solid right-back; really sound defensively but also supports the attack when the opportunity arises although his end product isn't great in the final third. He actually reminds me a lot of Alvaro Arbeloa.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 490 
      Reply #13: May 06, 2015 12:24:35 pm
      Someone had to take over from David Villa
      Or
      Arda Turan
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,498 posts | 233 
      Reply #14: May 06, 2015 07:15:35 pm

Or David Silva

Next?
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #15: May 13, 2015 01:13:12 pm
      Yes please!!!  ;D
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,938 posts | 285 
      Reply #16: May 28, 2015 01:40:50 am
      don't forget Pedro!
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #17: May 28, 2015 06:46:57 am
      Howling at some these comments describing the type of player Montoya is. The man averages 10 appearances a season since 2011 with Barca, and I'm guessing the majority of these where as a sub. Which says it all really.

Sounds about right for us tho. Getting some mediocre player from a team light years ahead of us!
      What a shambles lfc are becoming
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #18: May 28, 2015 06:49:02 am
      so many RB links, why are we not looking at LB?

Moreno was absolutely wretched this season.  What is our plan, if Enrique goes?  just.... hope that Moreno isn't sh*te next season?

what if he is again???

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #19: May 28, 2015 02:51:08 pm
      Howling at some these comments describing the type of player Montoya is. The man averages 10 appearances a season since 2011 with Barca, and I'm guessing the majority of these where as a sub. Which says it all really.

He has played very little this season but the two seasons before that he played around 13-15 games in the league alone, most of them as a starter. 1122 minutes in 2013/14 and 1152 minutes in 2012/13 (roughly 13 full games that). He also started one game in the UCL this season and played two full games in the UCL last season. Not sure about 2012/13.

That might not be a hell of a lot but that's plenty enough to watch the player, I think. And while I'm not wholly convinced about him, partly because being a fullback for a team as attacking and free flowing such as Barcelona is surely a much easier thing than playing for us, he did look good on occasions.

I'm not convinced either for or against his signing, but if he came I'd get excited as I get with pretty much any crap we sign :D Only the likes of Poulsen have been able to depress the sh*t out of me from day one.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #20: May 28, 2015 03:06:44 pm
      Only the likes of Poulsen have been able to depress the sh*t out of me from day one.

Not Konchesky mate?

He was the one that got to me. Never in my worst nightmare did I imagine him in a red shirt.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #21: May 28, 2015 03:23:12 pm
      Not Konchesky mate?

He was the one that got to me. Never in my worst nightmare did I imagine him in a red shirt.

And to give up 3m and 2 young lads (1 of them a really good prospect), worst transfer in history for me :D

Haven't seen an awful lot from Montoya, only watched a couple of games where he has played and he looked OK but was against shitty opposition so he barely had to do any defending.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #22: Jun 09, 2015 09:21:40 am
      They signed Aleix Vidal to replace Dani Alves, surely that means Montoya is disposable.

Quick Reply