Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

FA charges referee over Twitter post to daughter of Hillsborough victim

Read 10798 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      May 07, 2015 08:53:18 pm
      The Football Association has charged a referee with improper conduct for an allegedly derogatory and offensive tweet he posted last month about the Hillsborough disaster and Liverpudlians. Craig Langton, a firefighter in Nottingham and qualified referee, posted the tweet to Charlotte Hennessy whose father, Jimmy, was one of the 96 supporters killed at the Hillsborough FA Cup semi-final in 1989.

She complained to the FA that Langtonā€™s tweet was abusive and insulting, and that as a referee he is a role model and was sending an ā€œabsolutely appallingā€ message. Charlotte Hennessy was six when her father died.

ā€œHis death has absolutely devastated my life,ā€ she told the FA in her complaint. ā€œI attend the [new] inquests [into the disaster] every week and am struggling to come to terms with all of this new evidence. I have done absolutely nothing to justify such disgusting comments.ā€

The FA confirmed on Thursday that Langton, who was listed as referee for an FA Cup extra preliminary round this season, had been charged with improper conduct under its disciplinary rules, and gave no further details. John Buckley, chief fire officer of Nottinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service, has written to Hennessy, describing Langtonā€™s tweet as ā€œdisappointingā€ and informing her it is under internal investigation. She told the Guardian she did not want Langtonā€™s livelihood as a firefighter to suffer but wanted an apology from him and for the FA to take action.

ā€œThe semi-final at Hillsborough at which my Dad died was the FAā€™s match, and the FA is an ā€˜interested partyā€™ at the inquests,ā€ she said. ā€œSo it is doubly important for the FA to take a lead in showing that abuse of Hillsborough and bereaved families has to stop.ā€

Langtonā€™s local Fire Brigades Union (FBU) posted on its Facebook page last month a statement from him which said: ā€œI wish to issue an unreserved public apology. My tweet lacked thought or consideration for those who have been affected by Hillsborough.ā€

The post said the statement would be passed to the Hillsborough Justice Campaign and to Hennessy but she said she has never received it, nor seen that Facebook page. Langton has not commented publicly since making that apology via the FBU.
      http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/07/fa-charges-referee-craig-langton-twitter-post-daughter-hillsborough-victim?CMP=share_btn_tw

I really do question the human race.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Re: FA charges referee over Twitter post to daughter of Hillsborough victim
      Reply #1: May 07, 2015 09:32:57 pm
      What a turd. I mean literally, what a turd of a human being.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2: May 07, 2015 09:38:20 pm
      F***ing c**t.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #3: May 08, 2015 03:21:57 pm
      S.C.U.M.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #4: May 08, 2015 03:29:05 pm
      The establishment is not for turning.
      Still cu*ts and will always be cu*ts.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5: May 08, 2015 04:54:08 pm
      Tell you what mate, next fire you're putting out use petrol instead of water. Scumbag.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6: Jun 03, 2015 12:14:21 pm
      just saw this in the press today.It goes to show how ignorant people STILL are regarding Hilsborough. My question to the FA is why is he only banned for 8 weeks he should never referee again he is clearly a very nasty piece of work. Hopefully an exiled Scouser may come across him and help educate him appropriately.

Quick Reply