Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (3%)
      Emre Can
      2 (3%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (4.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      5 (7.5%)
      Glen Johnson
      1 (1.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.5%)
      Steven Gerrard
      21 (31.3%)
      Adam Lallana
      9 (13.4%)
      Raheem Sterling
      3 (4.5%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      17 (25.4%)
      Rickie Lambert
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Sinclair
      1 (1.5%)
      Jordon Ibe
      1 (1.5%)
      Lucas Leiva
      1 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: May 16, 2015 06:11:17 pm

Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post match discussion

Read 32495 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post match discussion
      Reply #345: May 10, 2015 06:24:43 pm
      Tell me more...

It's officially over.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #346: May 10, 2015 06:26:30 pm
      Don't you mean outstanding?

Gerrard also said that he would have signed for Mourinho 3 times if he hadn't have been a Liverpool fan or something along those lines.  Still time for all that Stevie.

Haha fair enough, on this occasion I'd certainly agree with that.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #347: May 10, 2015 06:26:45 pm
      Decent performance, lack of a cutting edge, got into a few good positions but poor final ball, good to see the young lads getting a run
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #348: May 10, 2015 06:31:07 pm
      Brendan Rodgers has just fu**ed it with me. I was pissed that we had given up against West Brom and Hull but to then hear him say that he took Stevie off, when we needed a goal to keep our CL hopes alive, for Lucas by the way 'purely to get him an ovation as it's his last time playing here (Stamford Bridge)' is a f**king disgrace.

F***ing fuming.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #349: May 10, 2015 06:34:24 pm
      Brendan Rodgers has just fu**ed it with me. I was pissed that we had given up against West Brom and Hull but to then hear him say that he took Stevie off, when we needed a goal to keep our CL hopes alive, for Lucas by the way 'purely to get him an ovation as it's his last time playing here (Stamford Bridge)' is a f**king disgrace.

F***ing fuming.
      I know. Whilst I'm not as mad at him as you seem to be, that did leave me baffled
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #350: May 10, 2015 06:36:25 pm

F***ing fuming.

Did he honestly say that?

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      Re: Live: Chelsea V Liverpool
      Reply #351: May 10, 2015 06:37:14 pm
      Two major points for me that sealed our 5th spot:

1. Mourhino brought on Matic and they started to close us down

2. Gaffer then took off Lallana and we basically stopped attacking them which allowed them to regain a foothold even more

How Neville or anyone else can give Coutinho the MotM is utterly beyond me. Gaffer could have taken Couts off who made little to no impact all game and left Lallana on who started to make us tick.

We were never in the top 4 all season so I guess that's it
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      Reply #352: May 10, 2015 06:37:25 pm
      Yes.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #353: May 10, 2015 06:38:23 pm
      Brendan Rodgers has just fu**ed it with me. I was pissed that we had given up against West Brom and Hull but to then hear him say that he took Stevie off, when we needed a goal to keep our CL hopes alive, for Lucas by the way 'purely to get him an ovation as it's his last time playing here (Stamford Bridge)' is a F***ing disgrace.

F***ing fuming.

What's wrong with bringing on a prolific 0 goal a season defensive midfielder when you're chasing a game.  :lmao:

In fact it's not even funny
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #354: May 10, 2015 06:39:04 pm

F***ing fuming.

It baffles the mind doesn't it?

I remember when Rafa made the same change (Gerrard for Lucas) against Everton, with the reason that he was too committed!

I swear managers just make things up!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #355: May 10, 2015 06:40:25 pm

He makes it so hard for me to support him at times.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      Reply #356: May 10, 2015 06:46:42 pm
      He makes it so hard for me to support him at times.
      I'll be honest and admit I didn't see anything wrong with it when he said what he said. Something about it perplexed me but I couldn't work it out.

Then as WAHS pointed out, it wasn't even so much Gerrard coming off (who ironically was having one of his best games of the season) it was that we were chasing 3 points for a Champions League place, and Lucas came on as a result.

To me, that sounds like a manager who has no faith he can win the game.

Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,693 posts | 892 
      Reply #357: May 10, 2015 06:48:04 pm
      somebody please post the whole stevie interview.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #358: May 10, 2015 06:48:04 pm

F***ing fuming.

I was fuming as soon  as he did it mate said as much as well you just cant make it up can you could see Stevie  was a bit miffed as well .
      RedKalel
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts | 23 
      Reply #359: May 10, 2015 06:51:41 pm
      Makes me laugh the lack of support our manager has received this year. We spent less than all the top four am I right? We were never in the top four? We lost our two main strikers ? We lost our 2 main midfielder for large chunks of the season ( Gerrard and Lucas ) . We lost sakho for months. I could go on and on and on. I honestly feel that with the squad he has and the funds he has done his best . I'm saying saying he is perfect but Jesus he is the manager of LFC  come on. Last year he was manager of the season and this year he was pipped to 4th by a team that spent over 200 million. Look I might be wrong with numbers and figures but taking Gerrard of is just a stick to beat him with. A few weeks ago people were slagging him for not taking him off at half time.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,289 posts | 763 
      Reply #360: May 10, 2015 06:52:54 pm
      Seemingly decent result at the Bridge, shame the Reds could not have pulled off a shock win. Anyway well done Stevie for a fine headed goal.
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #361: May 10, 2015 06:53:15 pm
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,152 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #362: May 10, 2015 06:54:09 pm
      I thought the lads played well and it wasn't a bad result.

What has got me F***ing fuming is the Gerrard substitution. We are drawing a game that we have to win with ten minutes to go and we pull off our goalscorer and captain and throw on Lucas! There is no F***ing excuse for that! It is ineptitude of the highest order!

Then, to top it all off and compound my anger even further? The F***ing manager says he took him off so he could get an ovation and recognition from those plastic Chav cu*ts! Gerrard doesn't give a F**k about them, he wants to win for his team!

I really don't know where Brendan's head is at the moment but it's not where it should be, it's in the F***ing shed! If somebody doesn't pull him to one side over this then there are serious issues.

That post match interview was F***ing cringe worthy.

Thought Gerrard interview was class. He handled himself immaculately, a dig at the Chavs but maintaining respect also, Great parting shot to the owners too. I doubt it will have any impact but at least he came out and said it when others would have said nothing.

Souness got it right, where is the standard bearer after Stevie goes? Who do the players look up to? Skrtel maybe, but that's it.

Never mind, at least we've shaved the wage bill again.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #363: May 10, 2015 06:55:00 pm
      Makes me laugh the lack of support our manager has received this year. We spent less than all the top four am I right? We were never in the top four? We lost our two main strikers ? We lost our 2 main midfielder for large chunks of the season ( Gerrard and Lucas ) . We lost sakho for months. I could go on and on and on. I honestly feel that with the squad he has and the funds he has done his best . I'm saying saying he is perfect but Jesus he is the manager of LFC  come on. Last year he was manager of the season and this year he was pipped to 4th by a team that spent over 200 million. Look I might be wring with numbers and figures but taking Gerrard of is just a stick to beat him with. A few weeks ago people were slagging him for not taking him off at half time.

It's not taking Gerrard off that is the problem though... You don't take him off saying we needed a goal and then bring on probably the only player least likely to get a goal in his place.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #364: May 10, 2015 06:55:16 pm

F***ing fuming.

While I thought the substitution was wrong and him trying to grab hold of Stevie's face when he came off was a bit weird I did give him the benefit of the doubt in what he said when questioned about it.

I thought he was going to say "energy" and re-thought his answer mid flow, if that was his real reasoning behind the substitution then it was absolutely disgraceful but I honestly can't believe it was.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #365: May 10, 2015 06:56:14 pm
      Makes me laugh the lack of support our manager has received this year. We spent less than all the top four am I right? We were never in the top four? We lost our two main strikers ? We lost our 2 main midfielder for large chunks of the season ( Gerrard and Lucas ) . We lost sakho for months. I could go on and on and on. I honestly feel that with the squad he has and the funds he has done his best . I'm saying saying he is perfect but Jesus he is the manager of LFC  come on. Last year he was manager of the season and this year he was pipped to 4th by a team that spent over 200 million. Look I might be wring with numbers and figures but taking Gerrard of is just a stick to beat him with. A few weeks ago people were slagging him for not taking him off at half time.

While I might agree with some of that , when your chasing a goal and you take off someone who might get one , for someone who in all probability wont get one then it leaves you a tad baffled mate .
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,152 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #366: May 10, 2015 06:59:47 pm
      Two major points for me that sealed our 5th spot:

1. Mourhino brought on Matic and they started to close us down

2. Gaffer then took off Lallana and we basically stopped attacking them which allowed them to regain a foothold even more

How Neville or anyone else can give Coutinho the MotM is utterly beyond me. Gaffer could have taken Couts off who made little to no impact all game and left Lallana on who started to make us tick.

We were never in the top 4 all season so I guess that's it

Good points Rush. Thought Lallana played well today. I am still F***ing tamping at the Gerrard substitution. Took him off for a F***ing ovation!

My patience is wearing thin now, it's not even down to us failing to make Champions League. It's these stupid F***ing decisions he makes, nothing to do with football. There is plenty of time for sentiment in Gerrard's last game, today was not the place.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #367: May 10, 2015 06:59:50 pm
      I thought the lads played well and it wasn't a bad result.

What has got me f**king fuming is the Gerrard substitution. We are drawing a game that we have to win with ten minutes to go and we pull off our goalscorer and captain and throw on Lucas! There is no f**king excuse for that! It is ineptitude of the highest order!

Then, to top it all off and compound my anger even further? The f**king manager says he took him off so he could get an ovation and recognition from those plastic Chav cu*ts! Gerrard doesn't give a f**k about them, he wants to win for his team!

I really don't know where Brendan's head is at the moment but it's not where it should be, it's in the f**king shed! If somebody doesn't pull him to one side over this then there are serious issues.

That post match interview was f**king cringe worthy.

Thought Gerrard interview was class. He handled himself immaculately, a dig at the Chavs but maintaining respect also, Great parting shot to the owners too. I doubt it will have any impact but at least he came out and said it when others would have said nothing.

Souness got it right, where is the standard bearer after Stevie goes? Who do the players look up to? Skrtel maybe, but that's it.

Never mind, at least we've shaved the wage bill again.

If he's still here... If we keep going for youth we're going to have no strong enough characters and I don't think Henderson is the right man for the captaincy either.

Quick Reply