Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      8 (11.4%)
      Can
      4 (5.7%)
      Skrtel
      2 (2.9%)
      Lovren
      2 (2.9%)
      Ibe
      1 (1.4%)
      Gerrard
      31 (44.3%)
      Henderson
      2 (2.9%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Coutinho
      1 (1.4%)
      Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Lallana
      18 (25.7%)
      Lambert
      0 (0%)
      Sinclair
      0 (0%)
      Lucas
      1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Liverpool 1-3 Crystal Palace: In game and post match implosion

Read 52375 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Liverpool 1:3 Crystal Palace. In game and post match implosion.
      Reply #368: May 16, 2015 11:41:38 pm
      Disgrace, no other word for it. They ripped us apart and fully deserved that win. Can't think of a single player that done themselves any justice apart from possibly Migs. As for Lovren, well, unable to even get close to winning the ball from a player that nearly falls over his own feet when standing him up and it then led to a goal.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #369: May 16, 2015 11:42:54 pm
      Disgrace, no other word for it. They ripped us apart and fully deserved that win. Can't think of a single player that done themselves any justice apart from possibly Migs. As for Lovren, well, unable to even get close to winning the ball from a player than nearly falls over his own feet when standing him up and it then led to a goal.

I thought Lallana looked up for it to be fair 7KK7; took his goal well and was at least trying to make something happen.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #370: May 16, 2015 11:48:46 pm
      I thought Lallana looked up for it to be fair 7KK7; took his goal well and was at least trying to make something happen.

Yeah he took his goal well and was giving us a bit of width but as we have seen so often from him, he was running into a crowd a players all the time because he was too busy trying to a skilful flick or turn on the ball.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #371: May 16, 2015 11:56:14 pm

Exactly and what happened our genius of a manager took him off again, while leaving the ineffectual Sterling on
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #372: May 17, 2015 12:20:53 am
      Lack of confidence and poor performances, often come from poor managerial decisions putting players out of favoured positions, and thereby making them more ineffective.
      Effort and desire can be overcome by disbelief and despondency.
      There's a lot more at fault than player performances.
      Also, for the current squad we have and the inability to attract top players, I think dan expectations have been to high. We have in fact become a top 10 side and not a top 4 side. Last season was z one off due to the energy and dedire of one player lifting everyone.
      Be s long time before we see the like at Anfield again.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #373: May 17, 2015 12:33:18 am
      Where are all the Rodgers fans now? how can anybody trust in this manager to start next season. 3-1 loss to Crystal Palace at Anfield. One more season and we will be in Newcastles boat.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #374: May 17, 2015 12:49:39 am
      Awful performance. The whole team and BR should be ashamed of themselves. Don't give a sh*t if there isn't much to play for, palace turned up and wanted it and they've got F**k all to play for either.  It was embarrassing watching us get outplayed at home by them.

You notice how good sakho is when he's not playing. He plays a dodgy pass every now and then which keeps you on your toes yeah but he is a beast of a defender and sorely missed. Lovren is awful. What a shocker he has had this season. Lescott was on a free in the summer, anybody telling me he would have done any worse for us than Lovren has this year? 20m could have been saved. Can has given quite a lot of fouls away in dangerous positions which is starting to irritate me and looks like he needs a rest to me. Skrtel average again.

Ibe, Gerrard, Hendo, Moreno weren't in the game at all.

Lallana probably our best player but only because he scored and is the pick of a bad bunch. Coutinho struggled today too but he must be ripping his hair out that our players aren't on his wave length.

Wouodnt be arsed seeing sterling go this summer. I hope he stays but if he goes I won't care one bit. His pace is a great asset but I've always said he can't finish and his final pass is atrocious. Unless he improves on those two things rapidly then he will never go down as one of the greats. If he goes City we will see what an average footballer he is in a technical team. Not a team like ours that press and play with a high tempo which suits a pacey player like him. 

Awful performance. The sooner this season ends the better.

Faith hasn't been shaken in the slightest though. This squad managed by Brendan will go places.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #375: May 17, 2015 12:53:19 am
      Awful performance. The whole team and BR should be ashamed of themselves. Don't give a sh*t if there isn't much to play for, palace turned up and wanted it and they've got F**k all to play for either.  It was embarrassing watching us get outplayed at home by them.

Awful performance. The sooner this season ends the better.

Faith hasn't been shaken in the slightest though. This squad managed by Brendan will go places.

Don't get too many splinters on that fence!!

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #376: May 17, 2015 12:57:50 am
      [quote author=HamannsTheMan link=topic=47695.msg1776665#msg1776665 date=1431820179

[/quote]

So Brendan should be embarrassed with the performance  which has been par for most of the season but you think this team will go places   :dunce2:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,499 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #377: May 17, 2015 01:37:27 am
      Ibe looked lively. Impressive? No. But youthful exuberance and one of the very few players who looked like he knew his way past a defender.

Lallana played really well, scored, and was also looking like the only other player on the pitch who could work some magic.

Gaffer takes both off at the same time and that is where our plans for attacking mighty Palace at Anfield ended. One of the worst substitutions I've seen from him.

It's precisely this sort of thing that makes me lose faith in the Gaffer
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #378: May 17, 2015 01:40:28 am

This romantic notion that all this club needs is local support to compete is purely that...romantic. The biggest and best clubs in the world have worldwide marketability, worldwide appeal, worldwide SUPPORT. Like it or not, money is the rule of the game now. So you either have the most of it, or you spend what you have more wisely than your competitors.

And we're not paupers, we've wasted a sh*t tonne of money over the last 25 years and 25 years ago that is when the stadium expansion should have happened as well.  We were a global giant and Moores ran us like a Happy Shopper.  Three decades of ignoring the obvious changes in football, saying our history, our uniqueness will see us through.  It didn't. it hasn't.  Things change, not always for the better, that doesn't negate the change, and we didn't and now we're paying the cost and it's a problem that's been gnawing at us longer than FSG, the committee (we spent on sh*t without it as well) or Rodgers' tenure at the club.  In some ways, FSG were right to look at how we spent money, certainly haven't cured the issue though.

As a by-the-by, it was my Granddad that pulled me into the club, it was with him who introduced me to other supporters, who made me feel like one of their own, a family, which for a shy, retiring lad, who wasn't part of a great family, meant the world.  As I moved around as a kid, explaining that whilst the winning was great, it wasn't what dragged me in, it certainly hasn't been what sustained my support.  It was the family and as of late, the Liverpool family has started to feel more like the family I had growing up.  I bring it up because he called me today, from hospital, he didn't even tell me he was going in, he was feeling very nostalgic about his time as a Liverpool fan, it wasn't for players, managers or trophies though, it was friendships, support and atmosphere he recalled.  Now he was, still is, a man that stood out, a 6ft 6" Irish Navvy, though a gentle soul.  Every time I get up to Liverpool, which is nowhere near as often as I'd like, I've always felt that same camaraderie, gentle joshing from the many a blue nose cabbie and some of the best times I've had in Liverpool, I've not had a ticket.   I know I've rambled on, I'm a little worried about my Granddad, I've had a drink or three, but of all the things this club may lose, as things change, I really hope the way the fans become family isn't one of them.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,499 posts | 1491 
      Reply #379: May 17, 2015 01:43:12 am
      The only thing saving the Gaffer's bacon right now, is the season was basically over 4 weeks ago and they'd already made their mind up about 'one more season'. If this was Christmas time I think he'd walk.

No Carragher, no Suarez, no Gerrard.

Apart from a quite unbelievable summer, we're fu**ed.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #380: May 17, 2015 01:49:17 am
      And we're not paupers, we've wasted a sh*t tonne of money over the last 25 years and 25 years ago that is when the stadium expansion should have happened as well.  We were a global giant and Moores ran us like a Happy Shopper.  Three decades of ignoring the obvious changes in football, saying our history, our uniqueness will see us through.  It didn't. it hasn't.  Things change, not always for the better, that doesn't negate the change, and we didn't and now we're paying the cost and it's a problem that's been gnawing at us longer than FSG, the committee (we spent on sh*t without it as well) or Rodgers' tenure at the club.  In some ways, FSG were right to look at how we spent money, certainly haven't cured the issue though.

As a by-the-by, it was my Granddad that pulled me into the club, it was with him who introduced me to other supporters, who made me feel like one of their own, a family, which for a shy, retiring lad, who wasn't part of a great family, meant the world.  As I moved around as a kid, explaining that whilst the winning was great, it wasn't what dragged me in, it certainly hasn't been what sustained my support.  It was the family and as of late, the Liverpool family has started to feel more like the family I had growing up.  I bring it up because he called me today, from hospital, he didn't even tell me he was going in, he was feeling very nostalgic about his time as a Liverpool fan, it wasn't for players, managers or trophies though, it was friendships, support and atmosphere he recalled.  Now he was, still is, a man that stood out, a 6ft 6" Irish Navvy, though a gentle soul.  Every time I get up to Liverpool, which is nowhere near as often as I'd like, I've always felt that same camaraderie, gentle joshing from the many a blue nose cabbie and some of the best times I've had in Liverpool, I've not had a ticket.   I know I've rambled on, I'm a little worried about my Granddad, I've had a drink or three, but of all the things this club may lose, as things change, I really hope the way the fans become family isn't one of them.

Touching post Rodders. I think you've hit on something really salient and that is that this Liverpool family is supposed to be just that...a family.  We're supposed to get behind our own, support our own and stick together when everything is getting thrown at us. But as of late, there seems to be a lot of splintering, especially on this forum and it's disheartening to me. Locals lashing out at us foreigners, folks lashing out at Brendan, at players they don't like at posters that aren't as pessimistic with the coach or with the direction of the club...it goes on and on.

Really is getting to be tedious posting on here with all of the hate and the bickering. I started coming here to talk football and learn more about this great club...now it seems the only use of the forum is to draw dividing lines and choose sides.

Prayers for your Granddad, I hope everything is ok. Thanks for posting.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,499 posts | 1491 
      Reply #381: May 17, 2015 02:14:09 am

Brilliant post. From the heart.

Best to your Grandpa too
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #382: May 17, 2015 02:20:23 am
      Touching post Rodders. I think you've hit on something really salient and that is that this Liverpool family is supposed to be just that...a family.  We're supposed to get behind our own, support our own and stick together when everything is getting thrown at us. But as of late, there seems to be a lot of splintering, especially on this forum and it's disheartening to me. Locals lashing out at us foreigners, folks lashing out at Brendan, at players they don't like at posters that aren't as pessimistic with the coach or with the direction of the club...it goes on and on.

Really is getting to be tedious posting on here with all of the hate and the bickering. I started coming here to talk football and learn more about this great club...now it seems the only use of the forum is to draw dividing lines and choose sides.

Prayers for your Granddad, I hope everything is ok. Thanks for posting.

Brilliant post. From the heart.

Best to your Grandpa too

Thanks guys, and FL, you're are a part of the LFC family bro, the red headed step brother or, in your parlance, Cousin Oliver, but you're family.  ;)
      « Last Edit: May 17, 2015 01:04:34 pm by Roddenberry »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #383: May 17, 2015 07:03:00 am
      Yeah. What you getting at? I'm not going to lie and say we played well, we were shocking today, and we've been shocking in other games this season too, it doesn't mean that BR isn't the right man for us or that this squad won't win things. My confidence in BR has never been shaken.

We've played the whole season without a F***ing striker. Obviously Brendan has to take blame for that but next season I imagine we will go back to two up top with better forwards than the ones we have now. Two pacey forwards and we'll be a different team.

I think everybody at the club just wants this season to end, the performance yesterday gave me that impression.

Fresh start next season. Bring in a couple of forwards and we'll be banging them in again.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #384: May 17, 2015 07:27:24 am
      could not stand it anymore, switched off and left home after their 2nd goal , they looked like scoring again every time they got the ball
       a never care less performance by most of the players
       not even a stevie Gerrard farewell game shook them up
      YNWA
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #385: May 17, 2015 07:48:54 am
      Take away the sentiment from the game which was fully justified to the legend that is Steven Gerrard we were insipid, honestly useless beyond the first 15-20 where I think Palace were swept up in the pre match stuff.. Once they saw how sh*te we were they picked us apart and easily.. We made Crystal Palace look like fooking Brazil.

There are major worries with that squad right now, we are like an elite youth team, the lack of a forward was so obvious, no focal point, no danger, nothing to push them back.

They played on the counter, but seemed to outnumber us everywhere on the park.

Well played Palace but F**k in worried about us.

Liverpool is a place made for a no.9, we've had them throughout our entire history, forget before my time but even in my time

Kenny
      Rush
      Aldo
      Fowler
      Collymore
      Owen
      Heskey
      Litmanen
      Torres
      Suarez

The list goes on of threats, but yesterday we line up with a front three of midfielders.. F***ing false 9s

False 9s?

We've had a history of real ones, we have built our history on goalscorers, we love em like

Get one please
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #386: May 17, 2015 08:36:32 am
      If the lads can't even get up for Stevie's final Anfield game, then we have real issues, he deserved better than that.

When teams attack us directly like that and just run at us, they absolutely cut through our midfield and then get themselves in one on ones with our defenders, we don't stand a chance.

We're missing strikers, but on that display we need a whole new spine in this team.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #387: May 17, 2015 08:59:28 am
      When the opposition have pacey wingers you choose to play 3-4-3, how inept can you be ?
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #388: May 17, 2015 09:00:38 am
      [quote author=HamannsTheMan link=topic=47695.msg1776665#msg1776665 date=1431820179

So Brendan should be embarrassed with the performance  which has been par for most of the season but you think this team will go places   :dunce2:

Yes, will go places, in Championship maybe.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #389: May 17, 2015 09:14:57 am
      Yes, will go places, in Championship maybe.

Morning chicken lickin

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #390: May 17, 2015 09:26:47 am
      Who did pay for the In Brendan We Trust  banner from the plane ?

Good Post Rodders.   Hope Grandad is OK mate

Quick Reply