Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      8 (11.4%)
      Can
      4 (5.7%)
      Skrtel
      2 (2.9%)
      Lovren
      2 (2.9%)
      Ibe
      1 (1.4%)
      Gerrard
      31 (44.3%)
      Henderson
      2 (2.9%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Coutinho
      1 (1.4%)
      Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Lallana
      18 (25.7%)
      Lambert
      0 (0%)
      Sinclair
      0 (0%)
      Lucas
      1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Liverpool 1-3 Crystal Palace: In game and post match implosion

Read 52380 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Liverpool 1:3 Crystal Palace. In game and post match implosion.
      Reply #391: May 17, 2015 09:32:53 am
      The talisman has one more game, then the last of the big earners has gone.
      Wage bill trimmed?
      Check.

Superstars sold for massive profit?
      Check.

Compliant, young manager in place?
      Check.

Profitable income generated without massive expenditure?
      Check.

Fans ambitions culled to expect mediocrity?

NEVER!

NEVER.

(Youve got it .... especially the manager )
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #392: May 17, 2015 09:34:26 am
      Who did pay for the In Brendan We Trust  banner from the plane ?

Surely the Mancs or the Bitters.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #393: May 17, 2015 09:36:18 am
      Surely the Mancs or the Bitters.

or closer to home George ? 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #394: May 17, 2015 09:55:29 am
      Watched the second half and once again no fight, no tactical brilliance, no energy. We are not good enough to beat Crystal Palace on Stevies farewell game.  what in the he'll is wrong with this team, my guess is that Brendan is a dead man walking and the players know it.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #395: May 17, 2015 10:01:04 am
      Ok Stevie has gone, let's try and move on

What on earth was that performance yesterday?

Beaten 1-3 at Anfield by Crystal Palace, who, despite 2 dodgy goals, fully deserved their victory. Let's not forget they blasted against the bar too and should have scored at least another goal first half.

I hear people go on about how the players couldn't even get up for Stevie's last match, that they look like they can't be bothered. I honestly don't see that. I just think we were poor because we were poor. A few observations as I see it

Gaffer has to stop picking Lovren, who had his worst game for us (and he's had a few). Truly terrible defender

Can is not a defender and his decision making proves that. His runs and energy through midfield are promising and with Steive gone, surely he has to have his chance there.

Moreno never made a single tackle all game. I don't think he's a wingback and I don't like the wingback formation because it asks too much of those who play in that position. It's gruelling playing there for 90 minutes.

Similar with young Ibe. He's looking lost and isolated so far wide and his body language is starting to worry me (that's right, I'm a body language expert :D); he's never a wingback

I think it's time the Gaffer had the courage to stop picking Sterling because he's in such shockingly poor form. I'd honestly drop him against Stoke and start sending out messages to the players that he's the boss (possibly wouldn't send those messages out in envelopes though)

Just stop playing wingbacks - every goal (and pen) we conceded was a direct result of threats coming at us down the flanks. Bolasie blasted us all game and even Zaha scored and seemed to enjoy running at us for the short time he was on. Wingbacks aren't working.

Twice in a row the Gaffer has taken off Lallana when he's clearly been the only player looking like he should stay on the pitch. But then, mostly all season the Gaffer's substitutions have been quite poor. That said, you take one look at our bench and it looks like we've actually gone backwards since spending over £100m last summer.

On that subject, please no messing about in the summer transfer months; a top class player to replace Gerrard is now demanded

So many crosses into the box for 5' 6" Sterling doesn't work

If Soton, Spurs and Swans win and we lost to Stoke - we finish 8th, and if this slump carries on, I really do worry about our next season
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #396: May 17, 2015 10:03:00 am
      , my guess is that Brendan is a dead man walking and the players know it.

Every little bit coming from the club if you read between the lines suggests the opposite

Stevie talking about next season under Brendan, Carra saying in interview that Brendan here next season and he has a big job on.
      The messages from the club in terms of transfer targets etc all point to there being no call on Brendan.

I don't think he is going anywhere no matter what fans want or don't.. FSG are happy, they only gave him a new deal last year, they are turning lovely money over.

He will be here next season I have no doubt, I don't think there is any want or will to remove him from Boston

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #397: May 17, 2015 10:07:27 am
      Every little bit coming from the club if you read between the lines suggests the opposite

Stevie talking about next season under Brendan, Carra saying in interview that Brendan here next season and he has a big job on.
      The messages from the club in terms of transfer targets etc all point to there being no call on Brendan.

I don't think he is going anywhere no matter what fans want or don't.. FSG are happy, they only gave him a new deal last year, they are turning lovely money over.

He will be here next season I have no doubt, I don't think there is any want or will to remove him from Boston

You can see it now

England: John! We're in free fall! We need to restructure our business model or something!

Boston: We're making money aren't we?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #398: May 17, 2015 10:13:18 am
      You can see it now

England: John! We're in free fall! We need to restructure our business model or something!

Boston: We're making money aren't we?

That's all they'll end up doing mate..

There'll be a 'rebranding' of the transfer committee.. A nice open letter (copy and paste previous sh*te) with some hyperbole in it, a smiley picture of John Henry on the website with empty promises attached

Rinse and repeat

No change

Earn more money from sponsoring a toilet under the Kop with Greggs or toilet duck

TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,047 posts | 339 
      Reply #399: May 17, 2015 10:24:39 am
      Two things from me, a new guy on the forum, but certainly not new to LFC:
      One:
      Rodders, I read your post with a tear in the eye, again after yesterday.  You just distilled the essence of Liverpool. Bottle it, 'cos it's rare stuff these days. I pray all turns out for the best, mate, in all senses.
      Two:
      We are a club that used to believe in itself absolutely, and in its people, top to bottom; and never mind what the rest were doing.  No matter who the owners are, I believe still that this club is the greatest there ever will be for exactly the reasons Rodders talked about.  No one man is bigger than LFC. 
      OK, I'll hold my breath for the backlash now, but 'Stevie's last home game' overshadowed the match itself for me.  I think the players were distracted by it all (mind you that doesn't excuse other poor showings lately), even felt at times they were trying to give it to the Skipper when better options seemed obvious. I've loved every minute of watching SG play, loved what he's stood for, but now I just desperately hope we can move on and rebuild around the two men of real heart and class in our squad, Coutinho and Lallana.  I don't see anyone else who we should bust a gut to keep, 'cos I can't see enough anymore of the qualities that used to run through the players and club like the words in Blackpool rock: belief, spirit, class. How sad is that? We are Liverpool! Bloody 'ell, cheer me up somebody...

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,237 posts | 2814 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #400: May 17, 2015 10:33:51 am
      When you strip it back from being about Stevie then that was a shambolic display.

I would now have to question the mentality and desire of some of our squad. If they couldn't find it in themselves to give 90 minutes for Stevie then they have issues.

Mentally weak and teams that are mentally weak never do fook all
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #401: May 17, 2015 11:01:26 am

I really really hope FSG have more ambition than that, if they don't replace Brendan then I think we'll have a terrible 2015/16 season, I'm thinking mid table, because other teams are rapidly improving around us whilst we continue to play crap tactics and fail to get the best out of our players.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #402: May 17, 2015 11:13:49 am
      It wasn't even our worst performance of the season. By far.

The lack of fight in the majority of the squad is downright offensive. Can't be arsed to put a shift in against United, can't be arsed to fight for top 4, can't be arsed to fight to get into the FA Cup final, can't be arsed to give a footballing legend a decent send off.

Wouldn't mind getting rid of nearly every single one of them. On and off the pitch.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,237 posts | 2814 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #403: May 17, 2015 11:21:46 am
      It wasn't even our worst performance of the season. By far.

The lack of fight in the majority of the squad is downright offensive. Can't be arsed to put a shift in against United, can't be arsed to fight for top 4, can't be arsed to fight to get into the FA Cup final, can't be arsed to give a footballing legend a decent send off.

Wouldn't mind getting rid of nearly every single one of them. On and off the pitch.

I'd give Can a pass. Coutinho Lalanna and Ibe to. If I never saw the rest again I wouldn't shed a tear
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #404: May 17, 2015 11:34:13 am
      So the cycle continues.
      Probaby 10 players in that squad that could leave in the summer and the team wouldn't significantly suffer for it.

Worrying trend of bottling big games continues.
      All the fighters are gone. Suarez & now Gerrard.

There is no fight, no spirit.
      Just well paid kids.
      luckylane
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #405: May 17, 2015 11:43:54 am
      I'm not sure whether it was the microphones at the ground but our fans seemed really quiet. ..didn't here much singing or chanting.  I was embarrassed of how quiet we were and thats even after we scored!!
      And if you couldn't sing for the rest of the feckless squad ..They should at least have been singing for Stevie! !
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #406: May 17, 2015 11:49:03 am

And we are expected to sit back silently and see this great club being turned into a laughing stock because anything else and we are going against the fabric of this club. However, how much are the current events compliant to this great club's winning philosophy?
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #407: May 17, 2015 12:13:23 pm
      The thing about Suarez was that he wanted to win so much that it hurt and made the rest of the players try a little bit harder, without him we just look like we are trying, but not very hard.

We don't have players who will fight, foul, cheat to win - we constantly win the fair play award - what does that tell you?
      Suarez was universally loather because he was win at all costs, like Costa, Keane, Viera, etc

We are a F***ing pushover.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,241 posts | 4929 
      Reply #408: May 17, 2015 01:10:30 pm
      Like I said in the farewell thread missed everything football wise yesterday but sadly nor surprised we didn't send off the skipper with a win.

Our collapse this season has been abysmal stuff and I'd imagine Palace showed they wanted it more.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #409: May 17, 2015 01:31:19 pm
      Like I said in the farewell thread missed everything football wise yesterday but sadly nor surprised we didn't send off the skipper with a win.

Our collapse this season has been abysmal stuff and I'd imagine Palace showed they wanted it more.

Is it surprising when we're nothing but a glorified youth team?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #410: May 17, 2015 01:50:57 pm
      Is it surprising when we're nothing but a glorified youth team?

Isnt this FSG's dream cheap young talent that they can sell on for a huge profit.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #411: May 17, 2015 01:56:25 pm
      Mignolet   - Got beat to easily for the free kick
       Can - another poor performance, too slow, stands square on, doesn't know whats around him when defending
       Skrtel - Our best defender - rash in the tackle
       Lovren - Terrible, too slow on the turn, out muscled too easy
       Ibe - must be allergic to looking up when he has the ball, needs to go out on loan
       Gerrard - deserved better from around him
       Henderson - good work rate
       Moreno - goes forward a lot, passing a bit ropey, defensively not great
       Coutinho - loads of tricks, needs to find killer instinct
       Sterling - an outlet, but shooting is poor
       Lallana - got the cruyff turn locked - now add something else
       Lambert - slow, on a different page to everyone else
       Sinclair - could do with going out on loan
       Lucas - our best defensive midfielder, not great on the ball.

where was the passion? what was the game plan? do we have any back up game plan? poor use of subs, can our team not handle a player who is physically strong?
      i dont recall us creating much either, poor defending for all goals, poor conceding of the free kick.

what will change for next season and how?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #412: May 17, 2015 02:02:56 pm

what will change for next season and how?

The sad thing is there was a time when we new what would happen without knowing names we new a couple of top players would be coming in and that we would be a competetive team.
      Now who can say what FSG will do and I honestly think they themselves don't have a clue what to do.

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #413: May 17, 2015 02:10:13 pm
      I am genuinely shocked and sad at that performance. Can't believe how average the team looked. If we had half the fight that Palace had, we wouldn't be in this sh*t. Seriously, what da f*ck was that?

Ps: I think it's shocking that Henry didn't turn up for Stevie's last game. My guess is that it was because Stevie came out and told them to spend some money in an interview, probably a lot more behind closed doors, but regardless of the behind the scenes disagreements, show some f*cking respect to a man who has done far more for the club than you will ever do. Absolute disgrace.

I do not like the direction the club is going.

Quick Reply