Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      8 (11.4%)
      Can
      4 (5.7%)
      Skrtel
      2 (2.9%)
      Lovren
      2 (2.9%)
      Ibe
      1 (1.4%)
      Gerrard
      31 (44.3%)
      Henderson
      2 (2.9%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Coutinho
      1 (1.4%)
      Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Lallana
      18 (25.7%)
      Lambert
      0 (0%)
      Sinclair
      0 (0%)
      Lucas
      1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Liverpool 1-3 Crystal Palace: In game and post match implosion

Read 52408 times
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,047 posts | 339 
      Re: Liverpool 1-3 Crystal Palace: In game and post match implosion
      Reply #437: May 19, 2015 06:58:07 pm
      Milner is not good enough to come in and make any drastic imporvement, he is like a henderson type player, alot of work rate and drive. He cant touch any of the 'better' players we have had in his position in recent times (before people try and say he is an upgrade on Allen)

Not an unreasonable point, Wellbuilt, and I'm no great fan of Milner, but he has shown qualities for MCFC this season that we seem to totally lack, not least in positional discipline, directness and concentration.  He's also a seasoned pro who's won titles and with no SG next season that's going to be a very useful asset because we are a squad loaded with youthful potential that'll need guidance and calm heads.  Nowhere near convinced he'd come to Anfield though, the media are doing their best to convince City they should keep him or flog him to Arsenal.  YNWA.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #438: May 19, 2015 08:18:24 pm
      Not an unreasonable point, Wellbuilt, and I'm no great fan of Milner, but he has shown qualities for MCFC this season that we seem to totally lack, not least in positional discipline, directness and concentration.  He's also a seasoned pro who's won titles and with no SG next season that's going to be a very useful asset because we are a squad loaded with youthful potential that'll need guidance and calm heads.  Nowhere near convinced he'd come to Anfield though, the media are doing their best to convince City they should keep him or flog him to Arsenal.  YNWA.

what a great name by the way I wonder how many on here actually saw him play or even know just how good he was and lets face it he was incredible. The Palace game would have been so easy for Ray he played the game at his pace his vision and ability would have been at home in any of todays teams.off topic soory
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,335 posts | 1524 
      Reply #439: May 19, 2015 08:36:58 pm
      I always thought Milner was over rated, bug just lately with Stevie moving on, I did wonder just what sort of job Mil we could do for us, just sitting in the C/M role,opting up and driving forward.
      Powerful lad eho can mix it a big and bring a bit more aggression to our midfield.
      We'd struggle to do much better with the sort of money we get to spend.
      Just a thought, just a thought !
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,047 posts | 339 
      Reply #440: May 19, 2015 08:42:03 pm
      Thanks mate, Ray was a hero of mine as a kid probably cos he looked like me dad!  So elegant and strong on the ball, and played with a smile too.  Very under appreciated then and now - Sad the way things went for him.  We had some class in them days!

Quick Reply