Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      8 (11.4%)
      Can
      4 (5.7%)
      Skrtel
      2 (2.9%)
      Lovren
      2 (2.9%)
      Ibe
      1 (1.4%)
      Gerrard
      31 (44.3%)
      Henderson
      2 (2.9%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Coutinho
      1 (1.4%)
      Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Lallana
      18 (25.7%)
      Lambert
      0 (0%)
      Sinclair
      0 (0%)
      Lucas
      1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Liverpool 1-3 Crystal Palace: In game and post match implosion

Read 53161 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,789 posts | 7188 
      Re: Liverpool 1:3 Crystal Palace. In game and post match implosion.
      Reply #345: May 16, 2015 09:01:22 pm
      Our club is the absolute definition of mediocrity, and you question my scruples? Just open your eyes and shut your mouth.

Well lets see who can argue with your point of view.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,540 posts | 3472 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #346: May 16, 2015 09:08:29 pm
      Our club is the absolute definition of mediocrity, and you question my scruples? Just open your eyes and shut your mouth.

where did i question your scruples ? We're not talking about a few quid here to take over, a fan ownership isn't going to mean more money or the scouts identifying the right players, appointing the right people to run the club, fsg have more or less done what they said they would do, like it or not, that doesn't make them scum. You need to use your brain before you open your mouth.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #347: May 16, 2015 09:10:21 pm
      The talisman has one more game, then the last of the big earners has gone. Wage bill trimmed? Check. Superstars sold for massive profit? Check. Compliant, young manager in place? Check. Profitable income generated without massive expenditure? Check. Fans ambitions culled to expect mediocrity? NEVER!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,789 posts | 7188 
      Reply #348: May 16, 2015 09:13:28 pm
      The talisman has one more game, then the last of the big earners has gone. Wage bill trimmed? Check. Superstars sold for massive profit? Check. Compliant, young manager in place? Check. Profitable income generated without massive expenditure? Check. Fans ambitions culled to expect mediocrity? NEVER!
      When Bill Shankly met Ron Yeats he told him Liverpool would win the first division title next season even though we were still in the old second divsion its called AMBITION
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #349: May 16, 2015 09:17:36 pm
      where did i question your scruples ? We're not talking about a few quid here to take over, a fan ownership isn't going to mean more money or the scouts identifying the right players, appointing the right people to run the club, fsg have more or less done what they said they would do, like it or not, that doesn't make them scum. You need to use your brain before you open your mouth.

You asked me what the weather was like in cloud cuckoo land. If that isn't questioning my scruples, then I don't know what is.

If you're happy to watch our great club slip out of contention to actually win things, then good for you. I very much doubt that is the case though seeing as all us fans want us to return to the top of the perch.

That won't happen under these con men though. They have no ambition. FFS they didn't even turn up to show their respect to one of the clubs greatest servants on his last Anfield outing. Work it out for yourself if you can...

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #350: May 16, 2015 09:24:02 pm
      You asked me what the weather was like in cloud cuckoo land. If that isn't questioning my scruples, then I don't know what is.

He asked you that because if you really believe that fan ownership is 1) an option and/or 2) going to magically solve any of these problems that we have then you are living in cuckoo land.

The most successful (right now) clubs in the EPL aren't owned by fans, they are owned by rich business men that can back up their purchases with commercial deals that enable them to stay reasonably in line with FFP.

If people want us to spend more then we are going to have to make more money. Till that time we need to spend more wisely. That's where I have an issue with the current owners and this whole transfer committee business.

This romantic notion that all this club needs is local support to compete is purely that...romantic. The biggest and best clubs in the world have worldwide marketability, worldwide appeal, worldwide SUPPORT. Like it or not, money is the rule of the game now. So you either have the most of it, or you spend what you have more wisely than your competitors.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,789 posts | 7188 
      Reply #351: May 16, 2015 09:29:29 pm
      He asked you that because if you really believe that fan ownership is 1) an option and/or 2) going to magically solve any of these problems that we have then you are living in cuckoo land.

The most successful (right now) clubs in the EPL aren't owned by fans, they are owned by rich business men that can back up their purchases with commercial deals that enable them to stay reasonably in line with FFP.

If people want us to spend more then we are going to have to make more money. Till that time we need to spend more wisely. That's where I have an issue with the current owners and this whole transfer committee business.

This romantic notion that all this club needs is local support to compete is purely that...romantic. The biggest and best clubs in the world have worldwide marketability, worldwide appeal, worldwide SUPPORT. Like it or not, money is the rule of the game now. So you either have the most of it, or you spend what you have more wisely than your competitors.

Ever heard of Barcelona?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #352: May 16, 2015 09:35:00 pm

I'm fully aware that fan ownership will not instantly result in on-field success, but the intentions of the club would be transparent, in a good way. Yes, unfortunately we are all too aware that "money rules", and that keeping costs in place is important for everyone, regardless of financial status. But the Arsenal way for last decade is certainly a better model than we currently have. They have been competitive, even when financial restrictions were in place. They showed ambition. FSG, and their puppet do not show any. Where are top, top players coming in? Where is the successful, driven manager who has the balls to drop under performing players? They currently don't exist in this club.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #353: May 16, 2015 09:37:24 pm

Yea they don't play in the EPL do they?

They also (along with Real Madrid) get a large amount of favoritism in their TV deals over the rest of La Liga...not even counting the support they've received from their government, to subsidize some of their debt.

We aren't competing with Barcelona right now, we better worry about competing with Chelsea, United, Arsenal and City. And none of them are fan owned. The issue of fan ownership for our club is laughable, just take a look at how none of us can get along on this forum...you think a large conglomerate of fans is going to be able to agree about the best way to run a football club?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,540 posts | 3472 
      Reply #354: May 16, 2015 09:38:16 pm

If you're happy to watch our great club slip out of contention to actually win things, then good for you. I very much doubt that is the case though seeing as all us fans want us to return to the top of the perch.

That won't happen under these con men though. They have no ambition. FFS they didn't even turn up to show their respect to one of the clubs greatest servants on his last Anfield outing. Work it out for yourself if you can...

i simply took issue as you used the word scum to describe the owners, i was questioning your logic,YOU were questioning the scruples of the owners. I would question their judgment, should they have come today for the last home game, of course they should. We all want what's best for the club, fan ownership is pie in the sky dream, in an ideal world fans would have more of a role to play. We had a fan in charge remember fuckwit !
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #355: May 16, 2015 09:38:49 pm

I'm fully aware that fan ownership will not instantly result in on-field success, but the intentions of the club would be transparent, in a good way. Yes, unfortunately we are all too aware that "money rules", and that keeping costs in place is important for everyone, regardless of financial status. But the Arsenal way for last decade is certainly a better model than we currently have. They have been competitive, even when financial restrictions were in place. They showed ambition. FSG, and their puppet do not show any. Where are top, top players coming in? Where is the successful, driven manager who has the balls to drop under performing players? They currently don't exist in this club.

Yea, the Arsenal way is something we should strive for? One trophy in the last 10 years is it? We've done the same have we not?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #356: May 16, 2015 09:43:20 pm
      Yea, the Arsenal way is something we should strive for? One trophy in the last 10 years is it? We've done the same have we not?

And consistently in the CL every season for the last nearly two decades? After all, everyone keeps telling me it's all the CL...

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #357: May 16, 2015 09:44:29 pm

It needs both. For clubs like Liverpool, local support provides the bedrock. Worldwide support is needed commercially but it's local support that fills the stadia and provides the atmosphere. Yes, I agree we need rich, adventurous businessmen in ownership but we're not Chelsea, we still need local support.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #358: May 16, 2015 09:45:04 pm
      i simply took issue as you used the word scum to describe the owners, i was questioning your logic,YOU were questioning the scruples of the owners. I would question their judgment, should they have come today for the last home game, of course they should. We all want what's best for the club, fan ownership is pie in the sky dream, in an ideal world fans would have more of a role to play. We had a fan in charge remember fuckwit !

The owners are scum, and if you believe in what they're doing, then clearly you're the fuckwit. Your name isn't Terry is it?

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #359: May 16, 2015 09:46:23 pm
      And consistently in the CL every season for the last nearly two decades? After all, everyone keeps telling me it's all the CL...

No, it's all about titles...I'm not sure who everyone is. This club exists to win titles. As someone smarter than me (can't remember who but just throw a rock and you'll hit one) on this forum said, we should be aiming to win the title every year. In years where we don't and we end up 2nd or 3rd, the CL qualification will be a nice consolation. In really down years where we finish 4th, we are still in CL.

That's how this club needs to be run.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #360: May 16, 2015 09:47:15 pm
      It needs both. For clubs like Liverpool, local support provides the bedrock. Worldwide support is needed commercially but it's local support that fills the stadia and provides the atmosphere. Yes, I agree we need rich, adventurous businessmen in ownership but we're not Chelsea, we still need local support.

Absolutely local support is key and I'm not disputing that. I'm saying that it can't support the club on it's own anymore. We have to have worldwide support to compete with the plastics and the oil tycoons.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,540 posts | 3472 
      Reply #361: May 16, 2015 09:55:01 pm
      The owners are scum, and if you believe in what they're doing, then clearly you're the fuckwit. Your name isn't Terry is it?

a viz fan
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #362: May 16, 2015 09:55:15 pm
      No, it's all about titles...I'm not sure who everyone is. This club exists to win titles. As someone smarter than me (can't remember who but just throw a rock and you'll hit one) on this forum said, we should be aiming to win the title every year. In years where we don't and we end up 2nd or 3rd, the CL qualification will be a nice consolation. In really down years where we finish 4th, we are still in CL.

That's how this club needs to be run.

Of course we should be aiming to lift the title every year, but that is a pipe dream without attracting the best players here. Which is via CL. They all want to play in it. The owners ambitions are money in the bank, and they'll take CL if we can manage it. We did it last year because we were competitive in one competition. That's not the the Liverpool way. We USED to win every competition. Now we're happy because we were runners-up for the second time in 6 years? Expectations have fallen way too low and that's because some supporters swallow the crap the owners evangelize about. Well, I can actually see through their masquerade.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #363: May 16, 2015 09:55:54 pm
      Of course we should be aiming to lift the title every year, but that is a pipe dream without attracting the best players here. Which is via CL. They all want to play in it.

DiMaria, Falcao
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #364: May 16, 2015 10:00:08 pm

Spout any name you care to mention. Don't forget Falcao was seriously injured though. Plus the 2-300k wages played a large part.

Whilst the owners upped Suarez wages, don't forget that was so the sell on price was increased.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #365: May 16, 2015 10:09:38 pm
      Absolute pitiful performance after taking the lead!

No confidence, no morale and they all look like headless chickens.

Completely fu**ed off with everything to do with the club at the minute.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #366: May 16, 2015 10:16:56 pm
      Absolute pitiful performance after taking the lead!

No confidence, no morale and they all look like headless chickens.

Completely fu**ed off with everything to do with the club at the minute.

Agreed. First twenty minutes was pretty good, but warning signs were there as usual. If Brendan is staying, then he definitely needs a defensive coach to come in. Plus he also needs to learn to have the balls to drop Sterling when he is dog sh*te. Which is a lot lately...

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #367: May 16, 2015 10:20:25 pm
      Agreed. First twenty minutes was pretty good, but warning signs were there as usual. If Brendan is staying, then he definitely needs a defensive coach to come in. Plus he also needs to learn to have the balls to drop Sterling when he is dog sh*te. Which is a lot lately...

They could of been 2 up before we even scored. After we did we should of pushed on instead of just inviting them onto us. The second half they just got it down the wings and did the F***ing job on us.

Quick Reply