Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Tony Barrett - Vulnerable Liverpool are mediocre - and they know it

Read 12953 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Re: Tony Barrett - Vulnerable Liverpool are mediocre - and they know it
      Reply #92: May 27, 2015 10:52:17 pm
      I remember the DIC negotiations way back, and it was Mihir Bose - chief sports correspondent at The Telegraph in 06/07 - who wrote an article stating that DIC would sell the club for a profit within a few years of buying it.

DIC denied this, Moores read the article and wasn't so keen anymore, so ended up selling to Hicks and Gillett.

The sad thing is, if that article was true, it surely wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad as what Hicks and Gillett did.

Basically the culmination of F**k ups and failures over the last 9 years is down to two men - Parry and Moores. Not only were they incompetent owners, but they saved their worst trick for last.

Yeah Mihir Bose a manc loving c**t as well.

Funny how that dropped into a BBC reporters lap isn't it?

DIC would of got rid of Parry and G & H offered more money to Moores for his shares than DIC offered, so no wonder Moores accepted their offer plus that rather cringy and didn't even last that long Life President title!!
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #93: May 27, 2015 10:52:21 pm
      We've become the west ham of the north west.

Or better still, as Newcastle fans exasperate since Sunday "we've become the Liverpool of the north east!".
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #94: May 27, 2015 10:53:45 pm
      Or better still, as Newcastle fans exasperate "we've become the Liverpool of the north east!".

Hahahahahaha

Yeah but without the history or the trophies!!

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #95: May 28, 2015 08:08:16 am
      They maybe are getting away with it lightly Brian but a winning mentality is instilled by the Manager, not the owners, nor the players themselves. 

Exactly Debs.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #96: May 28, 2015 08:11:38 am
      We had £100million+ to spend on players and wasted virtually all of it, spending more than both Chavs and Citeh...

It wont come round again any time soon.
      Luis was a lottery win for the club and the "Committee" was entrusted with those funds plus much more.

It was a committee who designed a camel.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #97: May 28, 2015 11:06:53 am
      Our signings turned out to be poor this season. It doesn't mean they will be poor next season though.

Moreno - You can see he has attacking ability, bags of pace, enthusiastic and energetic. He needs to toughen up and improve on his defending. But he has a year experience in English football now and surely he will be better next season?

Lallana - He came and was injured straight away. Missed the start of the season. Whenever he was brought into the team he seemed to pick an injury up again. I also think he has been played out of position too much. A fine footballer on his day though. Get him fit and play him centre mid next season, it will be like having a new signing.

Balotelli - I read yesterday that his agent said he isn't going anywhere. Determined to prove a point maybe? Prove everybody wrong? He can't be any worse anyway. If danny can get F***ing fit then we might eventually see the partnership we didn't get to see this season.

Origi - Haven't seen enough of him to judge because he wasn't bloody here! But he will offer us something different next season anyway. He has bags of pace and that's something we haven't had this season.

Lovren - He has clearly struggled and probably looked at as our worst signing but I think three other players have gotten away with a lot of the blame here.  Skrtel was every bit as bad as Lovren was when we were playing with two centre halves. Skrtel got away with it because he has been here years and we know that he can be a solid defender when he wants to be. Lovren was signed for 20m and we expected much better. When we went to three at the back, it was Lovren who got dropped but it could have easily been Skrtel. Mignolet causes havoc amongst our back line which can't have helped Lovren at all. Mignolet only picked up form 3/4 into the season.  And finally Stevie playing in front of the back four is a disaster too, he isn't a DM, and playing 2 centre halves leaves them exposed. With Migs more steady and Lucas sitting in front of the back four, he will have more cover and perform better.

Can - a good season at RCB but hoping he pushes further forward next season and turns into that dominating box to box midfielder we desperately lack. 

Markovic - We spend a bomb on him but he has hardly been seen since. We even brought Ibe back from Derby. But whenever I've seen him play I've always felt the lad has talent but he lacks bottle. He doesn't want to know in a 50-50 tackle and when he is within range of goal he would rather pass than shoot. Anybody remember the square pass at Arsenal to Sterling? Anybody else would have just buried it.  Maybe it is a similar situation with Moreno. A young lad who has a years experience in England under his belt now. I expect him to feature far more next season though and be much more confident. Again, he would be like a new signing if he gets a grip, we've hardly seen him!

Lambert - expect him to go to a newly promoted club.

Just get Sterling, Borini, Allen and players like that out and bring in 2-3 quality forwards. Easier said than done but we aren't as sh*t as we have been this season. Our players aren't and Brendan isn't either.   We will be up there next season.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #98: Jun 02, 2015 01:59:36 pm
      As much as we might slate Barret, he has a certain point, we're in danger of becoming a very mediocre team who occasionally get a good run to get into CL (aka Spurs?).

I still maintain we're not that far off challenging, it all depends on the transfer business we do this summer again, which is in our hands (i.e. FSG, BR, TC).

Migs

New RB          Skrtl           Sakho (or new CB)          Moreno

Hendo                  Can                          Milner

Lallana                                Coutinho
                                    Studge / Top Striker

With Origi, Markovic, Lucas, Ibe, Toure, Manquillo, Sinclair and Yesil on the bench, and Flanno to come back, we'd have enough depth. We can then sell Sterling, Balo, Borini, Lambert, Lovren and Enrique to fund the top striker and a top CB. Surely we have the finances and muscle to spend some cash on that striker, which might I add is not Ings.

Quick Reply