Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The Transfer Committee Thread

Read 103526 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: The Transfer Committee Thread
      Reply #1380: Feb 22, 2017 05:04:23 pm
      So you are saying Klopp is bullshitting us by saying he has the say on transfers?
      Do you really think he'd have signed a new 6 year deal if he didn't have control of transfers?
      Mane was apparently wanted by Rodgers but he wasn't given the backing. Low and behold, Klopp wants him and gets him for a lot more than what Rodgers would have signed him for.

Who have we been outbid by and for what players?

Willian and Salah spring to mind, but the point is we wouldn't get into a bidding war with another club for a player's signature.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1381: Feb 22, 2017 05:53:57 pm
      Willian and Salah spring to mind, but the point is we wouldn't get into a bidding war with another club for a player's signature.

Willian, Salah, Mkhitaryan, Diego Costa, Eriksen...

The list is endless. Just think of how good our squad could have been if Ian Ayre hadn't burped in their faces and offered peanuts.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1382: Feb 22, 2017 06:04:04 pm

Neither of which was under Klopps management so I stand by what I said.
      They were also a few years ago now.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1383: Feb 22, 2017 06:05:40 pm
      Willian, Salah, Mkhitaryan, Diego Costa, Eriksen...

The list is endless. Just think of how good our squad could have been if Ian Ayre hadn't burped in their faces and offered peanuts.

We weren't out bid for Costa, we matched his release clause but he just didn't want to leave Atletico.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1384: Feb 22, 2017 06:08:09 pm

And that's (if you believe him) down to Klopp saying he only wants players that want to be here and not mercenary's.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1385: Feb 22, 2017 06:13:07 pm
      If I remember correctly Costa basically used our interest to get a pay rise with Atletico, not sure we even put a bid in for him. Mikhitaryan did likewise. Apparently we weren't willing to pay the 11 million for Eriksen a he wasn't with the money.
      We bid 25 million for Willian then walked away when Spurs then Chelsea bid 30!

If our committee was worth a damn we would have some talent in our ranks now!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1386: Feb 22, 2017 06:15:05 pm
      And that's (if you believe him) down to Klopp saying he only wants players that want to be here and not mercenary's.

Salah was no big loss, but Willian! What a talent. There are a lot of mercenaries that play their hearts out, and add to their teams. I don't think we should be afraid to buy a player that wants well paid if he improves us.

Neither of which was under Klopps management so I stand by what I said.
      They were also a few years ago now.

That remains to be seen mate, I don't doubt Klopp, but I do doubt the committee.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1387: Feb 22, 2017 06:20:18 pm
      Salah was no big loss, but Willian! What a talent. There are a lot of mercenaries that play their hearts out, and add to their teams. I don't think we should be afraid to buy a player that wants well paid if he improves us.
      Agreed, I'm just going off of what Klopp's said and I don't think he  wants a player that isn't committed to the "romance" of joining this club.

Willian would have been a good player for us (Salah too), but at this point in time, I'm glad we have Mane...we just need a couple more of him.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1388: Feb 22, 2017 06:23:11 pm
      Agreed, I'm just going off of what Klopp's said and I don't think he  wants a player that isn't committed to the "romance" of joining this club.

Willian would have been a good player for us (Salah too), but at this point in time, I'm glad we have Mane...we just need a couple more of him.

Willian and Mane! Now that would've be awesome!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1389: Feb 22, 2017 06:36:20 pm

Our free kicks would definitely be in better shape, that's for sure.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #1390: Feb 23, 2017 11:17:51 am

Why not go to Chelsea for Willian? Does he like to sit on the bench? He could walk into our team on the left hand side. I would have Willian for £25m. Chelsea would not sell to us. :(
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1391: Feb 23, 2017 11:44:41 am
      Why not go to Chelsea for Willian? Does he like to sit on the bench? He could walk into our team on the left hand side. I would have Willian for £25m. Chelsea would not sell to us. :(

They won't sell to us? But it's ok for us to sell to them? Blooming cheek!!

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1392: Feb 23, 2017 04:47:42 pm

Hard to know if he's happy there, but a premier league medal will probably give him incentive to stay.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #1393: Feb 24, 2017 10:27:35 am
      Hard to know if he's happy there, but a premier league medal will probably give him incentive to stay.

Money more like.

All these players are mercenaries - money money money. Asmir Begavic can walk into any team and he prefers to stay on the bench collection fat paycheck.

Quick Reply